logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

2 Pages12>
Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Juski  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, September 26, 2007 5:54:28 AM(UTC)
Juski

So...basically we've got to the stage now where we think God's saying its time to leave our church. We've been there 6 years and for the last 2 we've been trying to have some honest dialogue with the elders about our 'discoveries'. They have decided we are speaking rubbish and are not interested in looking into these things with us. In fact they think that in opening ourselves up more to the Spirit we have allowed bad influences in!!

We've been putting off making a decision about church for a long time mostly because despite the issues we have with church we love the people and we enjoy the fellowship and support we both give and receive. But we feel that by going to church on Sunday and sabbath worshipping we're not really giving our best to either and really are living a double standard.

2 weekends ago we had a conference at church which was good, on the last night one of the visitors prayed over me with a very specific word- basically she said "God loves the way you worship.... you hear his voice...dont be scared of man, be bold" Which together with what Rob was feeling lead us to think again about leaving again. Then last weekend we had a hidious situation where Rob offered to lead worship to help them out and they made up this ridiculous story as to why he couldnt. Which was just so cloak and dagger, the elders dont trust Rob to lead worship so how they they trust him as a deacon? Or me in my roles within the church?

Then on the other side I know we need to be in fellowship, and as supportive as you guys are, you are not here! The nearest church we feel we could be part of is 90minutes drive away and not exactly in our community. Despite our quite radically different doctrinal beliefs at the core of it we all love God and want to serve him the best we can. So should we stay in fellowship for that reason alone?

We do meet with the Swalch for sabbath worship already and plan to continue that but with 3 people, and 2 small children it's not ideal.

I think I know what we need to do, but then I spoke to someone at Bible college today and he sowed that seed of doubt in my mind. Are we finding leaving so difficult because its not the right thing to do? or because we're scared?

Anyone got any tips? Advice? Anyone else left church with no where else to go? How did that work for you?

I know sometimes we have to step out into what we think God's saying, and then he both reveals the next part of the plan and honours the leap of faith but in this indecision Im finding it really hard to hear what God is saying :)
Offline shalom82  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, September 26, 2007 7:22:40 AM(UTC)
shalom82

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Have more kids.....

All joking aside, I feel your pain....Do I sound like WJ Clinton? I know what it's like to feel like the odd man out in a congregation and I felt that way even before I learned the truth. I don't know if this is possible but do you think there would be any kind of response to a havurah group in your community? If you are interested we could discuss it more.
Shalom
YHWH's ordinances are true, and righteous altogether.
Offline Juski  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, September 26, 2007 9:02:30 AM(UTC)
Juski

lol - well having more kids is one option!!!

What is havarah group?
Offline Icy  
#4 Posted : Wednesday, September 26, 2007 10:20:57 AM(UTC)
Icy
Man

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 2 post(s)
I've wresteled with the idea of leaving my chruch as well. I've never become a member of a church, as it just didn't feel right to me, but I have always attended. Alot of things never felt right, and now I know why. I have talked about some of my discoveries with my pastor through email. He was not very open to what I had to say, and all he did was show me his ignorance and lack of desire to really search for the truth. I have really wanted to stop attending because I don't get anything out of his messages (well, I guess that is not true, because when I do listen to him, I dig through scripture finding out why what he says is wrong), and I feel weird around him and some other people. Whenever everyone is singing, I feel really uncomfortable, because those songs that I grew up knowing all sing to "The LORD," and well, that is difficult for me to listen to. I just hear everyone singing to Ba'al.

I even tried teaching a class for awhile, using Future History as the source book (which no one read even though I printed out each chapter we did), but about halfway through the seven Miqra my class was dying out and those that were still there wanted to cover relationship stuff (human relationship stuff) as what I was doing was too indepth for them. So, since it is a "young married couples" class, I acquiesced.

Sometime around this point, I was having alot of thoughts about going somepleace else. So, I tried out a Messianic congregation that a friend, who was coming to the same conclusions as I, suggested. I was not pleased with that place, and ended up staying at the other church. I then started having a lot of thoughts about just starting my own group at home. KP encouraged me, saying that perhaps the Spirit was speaking to me. I think he may be right, as I still have that feeling at times. I guess I am scared, as I don't feel I have the knowledge, and I am certainly not a teacher (at least not when it is more than one on one). I also make the excuse that I have no room at my home and I have an 18 month old. So, I have delayed in doing anything like this.

What I have done though, is talk to people my age (that would be the young married folk) as they are often much more open than the old ones that are set in there ways. I have also started a blog for our group, of which I am the primary blogger. This allows me to write blogs that these people will have available to them. They will visit for other reasons at least, and then maybe read a blog. Hopefully that will spark some interest, or the Spirit will lead them there, and subsequently other places, as I have provided links as well.

So, I haven't left. Sure, it would be easy enough to just stop going, and not bother with anything like that, but then I'm not there to be used by Yahuweh to inform others and get his truth out there. I'm sure he would find other means, but I want to be available for him. So, I do understand your discomfort where you are at, but maybe instead of talking to the leaders of the church, you could talk to people you are friends with, in casual conversation. Try to spark an interest in them, and wait for them to ask you questions. Be available. Then, maybe by the time the leaders ask you not to come back, you will have people that would be willing to get together with you somewhere else on a real Sabbath and then your group would be more than 3 adults and 2 children.
Offline shohn  
#5 Posted : Wednesday, September 26, 2007 6:03:32 PM(UTC)
shohn

Perhaps a question to ask yourself and pray on, though I'm sure you've already asked yourself this:

What is your objective in leaving and what will it accomplish? What is your objective if you stay and what COULD it accomplish?

--
Shohn of Texas
Offline Jeannie  
#6 Posted : Thursday, September 27, 2007 5:49:55 PM(UTC)
Jeannie
Woman

Icy, your cracking me up!!! My husband and I are old folks and we go it..hahaha...and I know what you mean but I'm finding age has nothing to do with it but pride and stubborness does!!! Then if you can get past that fear sets in with folks!! "what will people think"!! Personally I can't sit in church anymore but I also don't have small children anymore. Juski, bottom line is what is more important to you and what is more important to your family as a whole.
Offline Icy  
#7 Posted : Friday, September 28, 2007 2:44:13 AM(UTC)
Icy
Man

Old phsycially perhaps, Jeannie, but obviously not old mentally.

My observation, at least at the church I attend, is that the older folks are prideful and stubborn much more so than the younger. Although, my wife had an argument with our young (16) cousin a few days ago. Mary told her how we don't eat pork, and we are trying to follow Torah, and our cousin tried the whole "When Jesus died, all of that stuff went away," tactic. Mary surprised me in her passion to teach our cousin that she was wrong. I don't think she changed her mind any, though, so I guess the younger ones can be just as stubborn.

Maybe I am just intimidated by the old folks.
Offline Juski  
#8 Posted : Friday, September 28, 2007 3:48:29 AM(UTC)
Juski

Dudes thanks for your feedback but I still cant find an answer!!! We've had such mixed messages this week and I cant hear Yahweh through them!!

Do you think asking the elders to read Yadayahweh would help or make things worse? They have read some books we have recommended but they just keep saying "theres nothing there that changes my mind" I'm wary about getting them to read it because they already think we've read one random website and changed our thinking overnight based on "one crazy american"!!
They dont see 2 years of questions and reading and praying.

As good as yadayahweh is, we've found people are really turned off by the language. Our elders dont see that Yahweh is an important name despite happily singing it in several songs, and so whenever they hear they just put there fingers in their ears and start humming in that I cant hear you kind of a way. If the book uses "crazy irrelevant jewish" words they are not interested

I know all we can do is leave it to Yahweh and he'll sort it out, but in the meantime we're stuck banging our heads against the wall and being either ignored or shouted out.

The question really is: do we leave and let Yahweh deal with them? Do we stay as we are? or do we stay but resign from our positions of leadership?

We already know that the elders wont change things even if they did agree they wouldnt want to rock the boat- they think that you cant move forward in something God is doing until every last person is happy with it. We know on the other hand that God often refines and diminishes churches in order to move them on, and sometimes dead branches have to be seen for what they are - dead!

Is church in itself a dead branch? do we need to cut it away? but somehow retain the people that make it up?

Anyway I am actually just rambling now and not really making any sense so I'll get back to my homework and keep pondering

Happy Tabyapples - as my 3 year old calls it - hope you're enjoying hanging in Yahweh's tent this week!! :) :)
Offline Icy  
#9 Posted : Friday, September 28, 2007 4:40:27 AM(UTC)
Icy
Man

Happy Tabyapples to you too. LOL.

If your elders have read some other things that you have recommended, then they might read YY, so why not ask them to read it. At the very least, they could look at it as an insight to what you are thinking. Even if they are totally against it, if they are wise, they would read it so that they could better show you where "you are wrong". Knowing both sides of an arguement is the key to winning one. Then as they read, they might let the Spirit in . . . So, it couldn't hurt. Although, if you could print up a copy and give it to them, I think that would work better. I find that people are more willing to read a book that they can hold in there hands than they are to read a computer screen. I gave two of the elders at my church a pdf copy of YY, for all I know, they deleted it. I imagine if they had read it, they would have said something to me, whether positive or negative.

Whether you stay or not, Yahuweh will deal with them. So, the question about them doesn't really matter. The question comes down to you and your relationship with Yahuweh. Will staying hinder your relationship? With it make it stronger? Will it have no effect on it? Obviously, if it will hinder it, then you need to leave. If it will make it stronger, then stay. But, if you feel it won't effect your relationship at all, then you need to weigh in other factors. Do you feel that your staying will help bring the truth to others? If so, then staying might be a good idea. But if not, then it sounds like staying is just useless heartache. Certainly you want and need fellowship. Are you getting that by staying there? If you leave, will you still be able to get the fellowship you need? At this point, it may not seem like you will get it, but Yahuweh does care about you and he will provide, so what you need could be around the corner.

You say you can not hear Yahuweh because of a all of the mixed messages. There is one sure way to hear him, and that is to open up his Word. Where to? I don't know. I'm sure he'll guide you to the right place though, whether by just opening up the scriptures and reading, by someone suggesting something to read, or simply by a feeling to read something specific, but there you will find your answers. Just keep yourself open to "hear" what he is telling you through his Word.
Offline Juski  
#10 Posted : Friday, September 28, 2007 6:04:13 AM(UTC)
Juski

Thanks Icy

We will have some worship time tonight anyway so I will do as you suggest and turn to the word.

Shabbat sholom

j
Offline Icy  
#11 Posted : Friday, September 28, 2007 6:53:04 AM(UTC)
Icy
Man

You are welcome, Juski.

I look forward to hearing what he shares with you.
Offline Tiffany  
#12 Posted : Friday, September 28, 2007 7:12:43 AM(UTC)
Tiffany
Woman

Hi Everyone,

So to leave or not to leave that is the question...

I left. I used to be in the church, I was the most dedicated person at every event and I knew everyone at our local church. It’s the same church my parents still attend out of habit. I grew up in this church, fell in love with working for the church and was a full time paid youth pastor for 3 years. I have now been out of the church 1 1/2 yrs, and I have never felt better in my whole life. I can say that my leaving was the hardest thing I have ever done, I was always the social-lite, the one who had parties/bible studies...and loved other church people because they were just like me. That being said I also disliked (a lot) those that were not like me. I was on track to find my husband, have the happy family, always at church doing the slave work for little if any pay but I did not care because I was “serving god".

That all being said I have been out for over a year, it was hard I felt alone I felt like I was never going to have friends again because all of my church friends left me. I was considered crazy.

Since leaving I have met Yahweh, my few and I mean very few relationship or fellow Yahudim are amazing. I have found more support from this forum even with everyone being all over the globe. There is a very good string in here called "pain" read it I think it will talk straight to your heart.

There is nothing easy or complacent about Yah and we know albeit the translations that the road is narrow and few find it. You have found it, now the question is what are you going to do about it. Staying in something because it’s comfortable is not always right, you know how the elders feel, you know how the pastor feels, so my question is why stay. Yah knows what you need, I know for me he brought me friends from places I would never have looked for them and he has blessed the depth of my relationships. He uses me as a witness to those who don’t know him, he opens doors for me to walk through and often has me waiting with him trusting that he will provide. I am even trusting that he will bring me a husband with the same understanding and heart to trust Yah.

Recently I started reading Todd Bennett's books, Names and Law and Grace. Wow, this is like the encyclopedia that everyone needs to get. It's YY with a twist and just some major freedom. By far I think everyone should read Law and Grace, it sheds so much light on the Torah. I don't know if what I have shared has helped but I am out and unless Yah drags me by ear I don't think I will be in a church ever again. I love everyone now, even those who don’t agree with me. Blessings!
Offline shalom82  
#13 Posted : Friday, September 28, 2007 8:06:11 AM(UTC)
shalom82

A Havurah Group is a friendship group. It's a study and fellowship group. That usually meets in homes or other casual places to study the word and fellowship together. You could advertise it for a week or so before and see if some people show up. Leave your number or email on a sheet so that people can ask questions. I was actually going to organize one for Oct. 3rd in my community, but my bulletin didn't get up in time. (the Ladies Aux. only collects fliers once a week), so now I will have to plan it for a later date. You would be surprised by the number of people who would at least ask about it. The thing is you have to make sure the flier emphasizes key ideas like keeping an open mind and seeking truth. Give hints that this isn't your average bible study. I added part of the verse from Hos. 4:6 at the bottom of my now defunct and rain soaked flier.

If your husband is willing to lead and teach as it seemed by your letter he obviously does not lack confidence or ability. I was a teacher for 3 years in China so I have quite a bit of experience in teaching people....foreign language...haha. I am used to people staring at me and not comprehending at all what I say, so be prepared for that. If ten people show up you could be lucky to get 2 that come back, but that's a start, and congregations have to start somewhere.

Let's be honest. Most people that hear the message will be too proud and arrogant to accept it, it will be as it has always been. I think that for the most part those who are going to accept the message honestly...most of the time accept it at least tenatively...right away. Most people who resist and resist and resist...just aren't going to ever accept the good news. There are of course a few glaring exceptions, but it is not our job to play football with our belief. We are not to keep drilling and pounding and looking for cracks and weaknesses. Present the message honestly and faithfully and a remnant of those that have heard it will accept it. That's really all we can expect.
Shalom
and I will be praying for you

P.S. You are really blessed to have a family that is united in the word. Some people come into the truth after they have been married for several years and one spouse or the other is not willing to accept or resists the message. If you have a family that is united in it's trust and obedience to the will of the creator, that is a great start....indeed it's a start.

I honestly and sincerely hope this is helpful. I really honestly feel the exact same hunger you do for fellowship. It seems that Yahuweh is taking the lamps out of the houses of meeting.
Offline Juski  
#14 Posted : Friday, September 28, 2007 10:56:08 AM(UTC)
Juski

Thanks dudes. Wise words as usual. We'll keep you posted. Its good to know others have been in similar places :)
Offline Juski  
#15 Posted : Thursday, October 11, 2007 11:17:58 AM(UTC)
Juski

Hey dudes.

The drama continues....Im feeling really sad and weary right now and really need some encouragement from you lovely folks. After emailing the elders 2 weeks ago this is the reply finally we got today...

"We have concluded our research into the areas you suggested and consider that your conclusions are not helpful or necessary to the acceptance of freedom in Christ or the furtherance or deepening of our relationship with the Father, Son or Holy Spirit.
We have decided that we will not be changing our approach to teaching. The ideas and opinions you hold are, at the least, a distraction and at worst can cause damage to believers.
We do not want them discussed within the fellowship because we believe they can unsettle people in their walk with God and are a distraction from the main aims of the church.
Your desire to get closer to God is admirable and should be pursued, but should not be confused with the points at issue.
In the light of your desire to be accountable, we would suggest that you return to putting your focus on the central issues of the faith as we teach them at Mount Chapel (see our “Core Values” booklet)
If you are unable to be in agreement with the teaching at Mount Chapel we would advise you to consider your own positions in remaining in fellowship with a church that doesn’t represent your views.

Finally, we would say that we do not wish to lose you from the fellowship at Mount Chapel. We love you and your families. We do want to see you growing in your love and in your devotion to the Father and to the Son through the power of the Holy Spirit We do however have a responsibility to the whole flock of believers and also to be faithful to the main body of truth, as we perceive it along with the vast witness of believers down the ages, we therefore now consider the matter closed."

So the bottom line is,if we cant agree with their core values we have to leave. Even if we stayed we cannot speak about anything. So I guess we're going!!

Today I feel really hurt, they havent read the stuff, and have not even tried to have conversation with us. We went to them as the leaders of the church for help and guidance as we tried to work through what God was saying to us. And they threw it in our faces. Its not like we didnt see this coming, we were told 7 years ago that we would be kicked out of churches for giving people a message they didnt want to hear! I just didnt think it would be this message or this painful!!

PLease can you pray for us as we go about leaving, we have to tell lots of people and we want to be loving and generous in what we say. Im not out to hurt people I just want them know what I know and and realise that this way is so much simpler than the indoctrination they call Christianity. Why cant they see how important this stuff is to Yahweh?

On a funny note - Im doing a class at college called growing healthy church, I now at least have a great case study on how not to do it!!!!
Offline Icy  
#16 Posted : Thursday, October 11, 2007 5:06:42 PM(UTC)
Icy
Man

Well, at least they are honest The ideas you hold
Quote:
are a distraction from the main aims of the church.
And because of that they do not want you to discuss those ideas with other people. They do not want you to discuss and share scripture?!

I know it is hard, but in the future, you will probably find yourselves being happy that you left. It seems that things have been solidified for you. Had you left a long time ago when things just didn't feel right, and without discussing things with the elders, then you wouldn't have the surity that I'm sure you now do. I believe I remember you mentioning feeling a calling from Yahuweh to start your own group. I think this experiance will certainly help you in that. You are probably more aware now of what is damaging in the church and will be open to noticing when others start getting a sense of wrongness. When that happens, you will be able to lead them in the right direction.
Offline Tiffany  
#17 Posted : Thursday, October 11, 2007 9:26:30 PM(UTC)
Tiffany
Woman

It seems this stuff happens here and on the other side of the pond...I share in your disappointment and probably your frustration.

You have to understand if they told the truth, they would as Yada shared somewhere "loose their money, and their people." What I would do, and in fact what I did when this happened to me 8 months ago was I just left. I did not say anything, and didn't attempt to bring anyone with me, I just left. I did tell the two couples who I had been going with every Saturday that I would no longer be going as the pastor and I were going separate directions. I felt that was the cleanest way to leave and not do anything to cause separation for the people staying under that pastor. We as called out Yahudim are responsible for every single word, deed and thought so as you make this transition remember this...you are free, free to be all that Yahweh wants you to be and free to live a life of integrity.

The things you do now will have a long term effect on any ministry you do, so please be careful and watch you steps but more importantly remember your words and your thoughts. I am praying for you!

Tiffany
Offline Juski  
#18 Posted : Thursday, October 11, 2007 11:13:41 PM(UTC)
Juski

Thank you :)

Rob wants to go one last time and give his keys back. I dont really want to go again, mostly becasue I dont want to say anything to make things worse!! You are right though how we handle this will have a huge impact on our ministry.

But for today I will have a day off from thinking aboout it, I have shopping to do and books to read.

Yesterday I was reading Rev 2-4 about the 7 churches. I know which one Im in, and I'm happy with that. At the end of the day its blatently in Scripture and we've told them, if they dont want to know then they are responsible for themselves. It's just so sad :(

Its really encouraging to know we are not alone on this. Have a great weekend dudes and THANK YOU:)
Offline rs  
#19 Posted : Friday, October 12, 2007 8:58:00 AM(UTC)
rs

I love the quote form Juski's elders:

"We do not want them discussed within the fellowship because we believe they can unsettle people in their walk with God and are a distraction from the main aims of the church."

This is the problem with our churches, that they have become settled. They ask little of their congregations which is why attendance continues to drop. We have the growth of mega churches but they are just consolidating the losses of smaller churches. Overall, self-identifed believers as a % of the population are shrinking.

They tickle our ears with phrases like "freedom in Christ", but we have no idea what it means but the words sound nice.

The only issue I have with leaving our current fellowships is that we don't have alternative fellowhips. YY provides a great outlet for where the Set Apart Spirit is leading us, but there are tremendous pressures to stay within our current fellowhips for the sake of unity and freindship. I have yet to dis-engage from my weekley bible("yuk") study and church and I don't really want to until I have an alternative. I hold my nose for the sake of family peace and unity.
Offline Juski  
#20 Posted : Friday, October 12, 2007 9:40:29 AM(UTC)
Juski

Hi rs.

Glad you're in a place where you can stick with it. For us its all to late, but we're well excited about what Yahweh's got planned next. I hope you dont get to this stage, but eventually church just gets too too much, theres only so much stink a person can bear! :)
Offline Icy  
#21 Posted : Friday, October 12, 2007 9:41:42 AM(UTC)
Icy
Man

I'm sort of with you, rs. I've stayed at my current fellowship, but have come to abhore going to the morning service. Currently, I try to focus on the group I am in that meets Wednesdays, but I am not feeling very conencted there. Actually, the group I am in is about to dissipate anyway, most are military that are moving out of state in a few months. But then what sort of alternative fellowship is there? I don't know. Just finding the forum here has given me a great sense of fellowship. Before the forum, I felt alone. KP knows, as I talked about it to him several times before the forum opened up.
Offline shohn  
#22 Posted : Friday, October 12, 2007 12:52:54 PM(UTC)
shohn

When you guys encounter these situations what are the biggest resistance points?

--
Shohn of Texas
Offline Jim  
#23 Posted : Friday, October 12, 2007 6:38:21 PM(UTC)
Jim
Man

Shohn, where do you start? Names, Sabbath, Festivals... Everything seems like a point of contention except loving Yahuweh and loving your brother. So I've decided to take one thing at a time and not address everything simultaneously. You know the old phrase - "How do you eat an elephant? One bite at a time!"

Like rs and Icy, I haven't been asked to leave. I stay because I can't affect change from the outside. Swalch, some of my family left (dad, mom, sister) because it seemed right to them so I am actually the one staying. At some point I may have to as well. Llike all you guys, I love my friends so until I am kicked out like Rob and fam I can't give up on them. (I'm so sorry guys. I love you even though we haven't met and are separated by so much ocean. It hurts to hear your pain.)

The easiest place to start seemed to be with the names. Wrong. So I stepped back and gave the festivals a shot. Wrong. Next came the Sabbath. What do you know we got some movement there. Not in terms of changing Sunday worship but at least in getting some folks to observing the Sabbath rest and acknowledging it as such. What a difference that has made! I will be patient in love but I won't compromise. I would venture to say most of us on the forum were ready to hear what Yada had to say in YY despite how shocked we were to hear some of it for the first time. Not everyone can handle the force feeding. There will be the few who need a little bit more sensitivity in the delivery but eventually get the wax out and have ears to hear. However, I have come to a point of understanding that there will be many who refuse to see the truth and that no matter how clear I think the message is it will be ignored for the traditions of men and the tickling of their ears.

The geek that I am, I have a poster of Spok looking at the words "Love Mankind" painted in red on a hallway aboard the Starship Enterprise. The caption reads "Logic. Not as prevelant as you wish it were."
Jim
Offline Icy  
#24 Posted : Friday, October 12, 2007 7:24:32 PM(UTC)
Icy
Man

Where do you start? That's a good question. My mother will be visiting from TX a week from tomorrow. So, this will be the first time I have had her around to talk about some of these things. I have mentioned things to her on the phone before (like the names) and she just kinda went silent. I don't want us to have a tense visit, but at the same time, I want for her to know the truth. I guess I'll have to try to eat the elephat one bite at a time. Usually I tend to get excited and try to spit everything that's in my head out all at once. It really makes conversation difficult when your mind works faster than your mouth. I need to slow down, that's for sure. It's one thing to alienate yourself from people in a church, even if they were friends, but it is much more to alienate yourself from family.

I like that quote, Jim, but then being a logistician, every day revolves around logic to me. Yet, I never seem to find it in people away from work.
Offline CK  
#25 Posted : Friday, October 12, 2007 8:27:19 PM(UTC)
CK

Hi Family Members Yahuweh,

This is my first post (actually my second, but don't know what happened to my first one, as it didn't post). I'm new to all of this, but have been diligently studying everything I can get my hands on. Been at it for a couple of months or so. Have read Todd Bennett's books as well. Highly interesting, and very truthful. I can see it. I too am struggling with the whole church thing. But I'm on the church board and work with teens as part of our church's outreach program. I can't just bail on these kids. No way. But I did tell another church member what I was studying, and she is now reading the YY books. Praise Yah! At this point, I have to finish all of the YY books, and have an arsenal full of Scriptures to back me. When I became a believer, I was literally on my own, as far as the human side of it was concerned, but the Father sent me new friends who were believers. He will see me through this also. He will see all of us through it. There's a reason why we have all been exposed to this information. Be patient. He will supply us with the answers, and let us know when to move out. We will go through times of trouble. Yahushua did. I have suffered much anguish since I started reading all of this. I have felt lonely and isolated. But I now have friends to talk to about it. Tiffany from this site gave me a call in the beginng and was a tremendous support. And my best gal friend is now on board also. See how wonderful our Father is? Praise Yah! Love you DAD!

CK
Living in a small town in the 'other' Washington
Offline FF  
#26 Posted : Saturday, October 13, 2007 5:57:46 AM(UTC)
FF
Man

CK,

Welcome to the YY Forum. I am pleased to hear your best gal friend is now YYing with you. It is always more pleasant if we walk together through these long and challenging volumes. What Yahuweh has to say is contrary to many of the things you have been taught, so you will have to spend as much time unlearning as you do learning.

Your letter best explains the journey we are all on and how difficult yet wonderful it is to find truth and how we long to have fellowship with other Yahhuwdym. Yah always seeks Relationship not Religion with His Family. Just like you build relationship with your best gal friend so does Yah build intimate relationship with you and your whole household!!!

Some times it seem as if we are all alone and the path has just gotten very narrow and few find it and we wonder what am I doing out here by myself. Good news is you are not alone and your letter will encourage others to post and begin new friendships and relationships.

You are taking the right steps to find truth by reading YY and studying Scripture and reading Todd Bennett's books. I love YY and Todd's books and scripture, but we still must ask lots of question so that Dad,,, Yahweh can lead and instruct us into all truth.

Your letter is truly a blessing to me and my household. Enjoy the YY Forum and join us in the YY Study Group Chat Room for some more conversation.

Have a wonderful Sabbath.

HalleluYAH to Yahuweh The Mighty One Yahushua,

FF
FF
Offline FF  
#27 Posted : Saturday, October 13, 2007 6:06:04 AM(UTC)
FF
Man

CK,

I just thought to ask you have you read Future History A Guide to Prophecy by Ken Power and The Owner's Manual A Review of the Torah by Ken Power also found at yadayahweh.com???

Both are excellent resource and companion books to YY and Todd’s and Scripture.

FF
FF
Offline Jeannie  
#28 Posted : Saturday, October 13, 2007 7:03:21 AM(UTC)
Jeannie
Woman

Quote:
Usually I tend to get excited and try to spit everything that's in my head out all at once. It really makes conversation difficult when your mind works faster than your mouth.

Icy, I stay in more trouble because my mouth works faster than my mind!!! I stay excited about the Truth and it makes conversation difficult when your Truth is different than theirs!! I praise Yah everyday that I don't have to content with family members about this. I don't think there is any easy way to do this apart from one on one discipleship. It is so amazing what you actually see now and it's like anything you love you want to tell everyone that will listen. My husband and kids keep reminding me to go easy and not be a wrecking ball!! So go easy Icy.
Offline Jeannie  
#29 Posted : Saturday, October 13, 2007 7:07:08 AM(UTC)
Jeannie
Woman

Juski, I am so sorry you all have to go thru this. And I know it's harder when you have small children and you want them in fellowship with other kids and to learn!! We are keeping you all and Swalchy in lots of prayer.
Offline Juski  
#30 Posted : Saturday, October 13, 2007 7:57:42 AM(UTC)
Juski

Hi Jeannie,

Thank you :)

We told the kids we werent going to go to church anymore today. They were surprisingly sad. But I think they will be fine, we were learning about King Nebby and the fiery furnace today so used that to explain that sometimes we have to stand up for what God wants and other peole don't like it, but Yahweh always protects us and looks after us. I think that really helped them get it.

Beth asked "does that mean we arent Christians anymore?" - what a question, we will just keep answering the best we can and Yahweh will do the rest. They are quite excited about other people coming to our house for "church" so now we'll start praying the people in!

Yahweh is Good!! :0)
Offline Icy  
#31 Posted : Saturday, October 13, 2007 8:46:19 AM(UTC)
Icy
Man

Jeannie, it sounds like we interpert the same problem differently. I imagine that my thoughts race faster than I can get them out, but I could easily look at it as I blurt out too much withouth thinking. I will try to go slow though. Thank you.
Offline Icy  
#32 Posted : Saturday, October 13, 2007 8:49:22 AM(UTC)
Icy
Man

Juski, if I could fly over the ocean each Friday, I'd be there. Don't worry, as long as you are making yourself available, Yahuweh will send people your way.

That is one heck of a question to answer. So what did you tell her? It is hard to say "No we are not." But you certainly are not drugged anymore.
Offline Jim  
#33 Posted : Saturday, October 13, 2007 9:13:02 AM(UTC)
Jim
Man

Icy,
I'll authenticate Jeannie's statements. Yes, mom's mouth usually moves in advance of her brain... ;) but not her heart. I tell her the same thing you said that actually her mind is moving in advance of her mouth because she gets too excited. For me, my voice just gets louder. HA! My wife says I am yelling but I tell her it's just the way I speak when I'm excited or passionate about the subject. My kids back her up, "Yeah dad, you're yelling!" Alright already.

Juski,
I'm with Icy. I wish I had the resources to jump on a plane too. I think about all the questions my kids have asked but it has all been worth it because they know the truth at this early age. Think about the jump they have on us. None of the struggle of trying to find out why there is something missing or where they have been deceived. Do you remember the feeling of coming out of that thick fog of deception? What a blessing Yahuweh has given us in them and for them!

I'm glad you reminded me of starting "church" in your house. A group of us started our current church out of our homes and now meet in a school cafeteria, mainly because we weren't getting the Word in our other churches. They were too "seeker sensitive" in the modern church parlance. What an oxymoron, dumb the Scriptures down to make them more palatable! It is one of the problems which have so many where they are today, unable to recognize the truth right in front of them. Now here I am in a church "committed to the Word" and I am back up against a wall again. Very frustrating but you know what? We can start it all over again right out of our homes until we get it right. Isn't that perserverance, faith, hope, love?
Jim
Offline CK  
#34 Posted : Saturday, October 13, 2007 10:31:49 AM(UTC)
CK

FF,

Thank you for your words of encouragement. I have only briefly scanned KP's History of...and Owners Manuel, but will take a closer look asap. Blessings. . .and Praise Yah. I say Praise Yah! Rejoice in His Name always.

CK
Offline shalom82  
#35 Posted : Saturday, October 13, 2007 9:55:16 PM(UTC)
shalom82

It seems we're all experiencing some sort of pain or have experienced pain. And I am so thankful that I at least have this fellowship.

You know, nothing is surprising about the scenarios and situations that we are discussing. Yahuweh made it clear to us that most would reject the message, that they would become Sardisians and Laodiceans. But it still hurts so much. I feel I am drifting away ever so slowly from my friends. I came back from China a changed man and they really haven't. They aren't evil or hateful to the message, they're just indifferent, and they have put their trust in the world. And I never realized it, but the conversations are so banal and tedious. Did you see family guy, look at my new car, that singer's hot. Then all of the sudden Yahuweh comes up and the atmosphere becomes thick with tension and charged like a powder keg.

I feel that a confrontation is coming with my dyed in the wool nondenominational friend, yet I just can't shutup. I have tried, and it's futile. It's like when you get the germ you get the germ. We had a mini confrontation in the car tonight. I gave him a booklet about a week ago about the sabbath, and I asked on the way home from cosmic bowling if he had read it. He said, "Yeaaaahhh....I don't believe it though. I was talking to my Dad and he brought up all kinds of good points in the scriptures that made it clear that it doesn't really matter when you worship and what days you celebrate....". I wasn't yelling or anything, but I was sharper than I usually would be. I flat out told him he was wrong, and I can tell you exactly why I did it. I get so tired of people twisting and contorting the same old verses and making the same old flawed arguments. And what made me so upset was that the book I gave him dealt with the ideas of Hebrew concepts and mistranslations to explain Shaul's true positions. But, who his he going to believe? His buddy whose flaws and youthful indiscretions he knows all too well or a man twice his age who looked upon him at birth and provided the nourishment that sustained him. There's a world full of religions out there that just make this relationship, this trust, this way seem to outsiders like just another religion.

The churches will go and buy and blow on shofars but most of the parishoners don't know what Yom Teruah is, they call Yahushua the Lamb of God, but many don't know he is the passover lamb.....

I know that most will choose unwisely. At first I took Yahuweh's word for it, and now I am living that tragedy. This sounds selfish perhaps, but why does that have to include family and friends. Just another confirmation that Yahushua is the Messiah, that Yahuweh exists as Salvation. When Messiah said he came with a sword....he really meant it. I always had trouble understanding that passage, but now it's all too apparent.

I eagerly await the return of Shiloh, and the forgetting of all sorrow.
Shalom
Offline Jeannie  
#36 Posted : Sunday, October 14, 2007 7:07:50 AM(UTC)
Jeannie
Woman

You know shalom82 that is what Yawah said would happen and it makes me sad but until they die we have time to share and tell the Truth. What I hate to hear is "But God wouldn't let this happen to His Word" But actually He said it would happen and it has!! We just have to keep pointing out the Truth!!!
Offline Icy  
#37 Posted : Sunday, October 14, 2007 10:26:13 AM(UTC)
Icy
Man

Jeannie, I know you are right, but could you tell me where he says that it would happen to his word? That would be great to show people when they say that line.
Offline Juski  
#38 Posted : Tuesday, October 16, 2007 9:11:48 AM(UTC)
Juski

Dudes,

Hi only me again. So it is official- we left the church on Sunday. We followed the wisdom of you wonderful people. We left quietly and nicely, a simple letter to the elders an deacons, and an email to home group members. We were nice, and loving and managed to conceal the bitterness!! (Only joking Yah's been working on that anyway)

Now we're in the stage of receiving emails from people expressing their disappointment in us and quoting scripture left right and centre. Its like they think we've read one crazy america book, thrown the Bible out the window and come up with a big fat heresy!! If only they knew what we're doing is the Biblical model!!

So don't know really, feeling a bit sad and misunderstood. Which I guess is to be expected. I really wish we could fast forward 5 and 10 years so they could see we're not messing around.

The thing that really bugs me in all this, is people keep saying, "you guys used to really inspire me" "I've always been impressed with the way you trust God" type of statements and then dismiss us as if the witness our life used to be means absolutely nothing to them. If there was someone in my life who inspired me, or witnessed to me in some way and they started in a different direction I'd be asking, whats the truth in this - this is a Godly person, maybe there's something here I need to think about. But no - it seems we are just crazy, beyond human authority and leaning on our own understanding!!

Obviously we are suddenly incapable of hearing God's voice. After 7 years of speaking prophetically into peoples lives!

See I told you Yahweh's working on my bitterness - need a bit more work I think ;)

P.s. so when are some of you going to move to Manchester?...I'm holding onto to Matthew 21:22 - if you don't come, I'll pray He sends you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :):):)

Offline Icy  
#39 Posted : Tuesday, October 16, 2007 9:49:10 AM(UTC)
Icy
Man

I did enjoy England when I went years ago, and I have ancestors from there. . . Though my heritage is predominantly Scotish.

Juski, I would suggset to write the people back that are quoting scripture to you. Quote scripture back, showing them the error in their ways. I'm sure those of use here would be willing to help if you wrote the scripture they are using and let us take a stab at it. In the long run, this would help all of us, because then we would see what pieces of scripture people are clinging to to support their point of view. Who knows, writing people back might spark something in them to start searching scripture themselves.

As long as these people are actively communicating with you, you have an open invitation to share with them. Maybe they are already interested but are afraid or unsure. So, they want you to give them concrete scriptureal evidence to help them get to where you are.
Offline Juski  
#40 Posted : Tuesday, October 16, 2007 11:36:21 PM(UTC)
Juski

Hi Icy, been scotish is no problem, Rob is too!! We'll take you up there whenever you like!!!! ;)

I wonder about replying to scriptural quotes with more scripture. My concern is that we'll jsut end up in an email war which won't really achieve anything. I don't know whether its better to just let them say their piece so they can air their feelings and not get dragged into arguing? I'm kind of thinking maybe it would be better to just invite them round and chat about their concerns - we have an open house on Friday nights, maybe just extend the invition to them to come talk about it would be less argumentitive? Another bit of me kind of thinks we've spent 2 years trying to tell people in that church and they have refused repeatedly to listen, maybe its time to leave Yahweh to do the talking now and let the fruit of our lives speak for itself?
I don't know really, just thinking outloud. What do you think?

Its becoming quite obvious form the way people are responding that they feel like our leaving is a personal insult to them. Like we're saying your church, therefore you, is not good enough. Its easy to accept if someone leaves church over a minor issue but when someone leaves because they want to know God better, its a bit of a kick in the guts I suppose. I guess they kind of feel that they need to somehow defend and justify their position in the church. Our leaving is a real shock to many, and it will take time for them to digest its implications.

Offline rs  
#41 Posted : Wednesday, October 17, 2007 7:01:36 AM(UTC)
rs

Juski,

You're probably right about the scriptural war because you can eventually bring out the scriptures talking about how in the end times, there will be those who are hated for the sake of Yahweh's name. And the haters will be those in the church who think they are doing what is right. I doubt if that would go over well.

That's the real conundrum here: your church members believe they are protecting the church, but they are elevating their own desires for unity above truth which in the end will destroy the church.

I think we are all very intrigued by what you are undertaking and hope you can lead the way for those of us still stuck in our congregations.

Offline Icy  
#42 Posted : Wednesday, October 17, 2007 9:48:46 AM(UTC)
Icy
Man

Juski, I see your point. I would like to think it would be as easy as pointing out what scripture says, but if it were that easy. . . So, you are probably correct in thinking that it would just become an email war. The idea of letting them come by on Friday nights is not a bad one, though. Those that are truly interested just might show up, otherwise I doubt many would. Again, even if they don't come right away, perhaps something you have said has lead them to start searching scripture and they may eventually go down the path you have and may be thankful to know they would have a place to go.
Offline Tiffany  
#43 Posted : Wednesday, October 17, 2007 10:18:32 AM(UTC)
Tiffany
Woman

Quote:
Luke 9:5-6
If people do not welcome you, shake the dust off your feet when you leave their town, as a testimony against them." So they set out and went from village to village, preaching the gospel and healing people everywhere.

As hard as this may seem it will get easier, in fact it will be great.

When I was asked to resign from my position a very wise man told me to shake the dust of my feet and never go back. I have never regretted that decision, no matter how sad it made me. So I challenge you to do the same thing.

I will share this one word of caution...be careful who you invite into your home. For the sake of argument that is why they created "St. Arbucks" (starbucks). Your home especially if you have children needs to be kept a safe place.

I am so excited to see what Yah has in store for you and pray that you will find strength in this current adventure you and all those on the other side of the pond find yourselves in.

Blessings....
Offline rs  
#44 Posted : Wednesday, October 17, 2007 12:25:07 PM(UTC)
rs

Forgive the New American Standard language, but here's another verse from John 16:2

"They will make you outcasts from the synagogue, but an hour is coming for everyone who kills you to think that he is offering service to God.

We know that Yahshua's sets high standards so even those who commit character assassination, could be deemed murderers.
Offline Juski  
#45 Posted : Thursday, October 18, 2007 11:17:05 PM(UTC)
Juski

ohhh scarey!

How do you shake off the dust when its kind of sticky and muddy???! Not quite as easy as I thought it would be in reality! :)
Offline Icy  
#46 Posted : Wednesday, October 24, 2007 6:15:35 AM(UTC)
Icy
Man

We just keep on adding to this topic don't we? Well, it's my turn to say "I am leaving the church". I haven't been satisfied there at all for some time now. But, this last week I was actually sitting in a pew during the service and I didn't agree with what the pastor said (I haven't for months, but I also haven't sat in a pew for months). So, I wrote him an email telling him so. I gave him a chapter from FH (three doors) and told him not to take kp's word for it, but to do like I did and look scripture up and use something to take a closer look at the Greek and Hebrew words (like strong's). Well he wrote back to me saying:
Quote:
You can parse words and make them say many things. As I have told you before that while I may not be a Biblical language scholar, I do seriously question the validity of the sources you use. I would suggest that you read from some more recognized theological scholars. Most of the study I do recognizes and draws from much older works that the “Textus Resptus” that you speak of and most of the new translations actually use much older transcripts than did King James’ translators.

I told him not to listen to kp, but to check the scripture that kp uses for himself. So, it sounds to me like he questions the use of scripture. Why would I want to listen to "more recognized theological scholars". I don't listen to men, I listen to Yahuweh. Sure, I value what kp and Yada have to say, but even they tell us not to listen to them, but look at scripture for ourselves. The "more recognized theological scholars" don't even say that. A pastor that would tell me to listen to men over Yahuweh is not somebody I want to even see anymore, let alone listen to. So, I will not be going back there.

He normally reads from the NLT, which sounds pretty, but seems way off to me, and they add alot of extra stuff (just comparing Luke 24 this week had "Jesus" added in nearly every verse). So, I jumped online trying to find what sources they use, from their website (my bolding):
Quote:
The translators of the Old Testament used the Masoretic Text of the Hebrew Bible as their standard text. They used the edition known as Biblia Hebraica Stuttgartensia (1977) with its up-to-date textual apparatus, a revision of Rudolf Kittel's Biblia Hebraica (Stuttgart, 1937). The translators also compared the Dead Sea Scrolls, the Septuagint and other Greek manuscripts, the Samaritan Pentateuch, the Syriac Peshitta, the Latin Vulgate, and any other versions or manuscripts that shed light on textual problems.

The translators of the New Testament used the two standard editions of the Greek New Testament: the Greek New Testament, published by the United Bible Societies (fourth revised edition, 1993), and Novum Testamentum Graece, edited by Nestle and Aland (twenty- seventh edition, 1993). These two editions, which have the same text but differ in punctuation and textual notes, represent the best in modern textual scholarship.

So, the main old testament text is the masorietic (which we all know about), and they even used a "modern" edition from 1977, which is revised from a 1937 edition. The new testament is based off of a 1993 bible and another 1993 edition. WOW!! talk about old!!! I haven't checked every translation, but I am sure that most of them use similar sources instead of the oldest manuscripts.

Hopefully my wife will understand and appriatiate my decision. She is in charge of the nursery at the church, though, so she may feel obligated to continue attending. Your prayers to Yahuweh for us would be appriciated.
Offline Robskiwarrior  
#47 Posted : Wednesday, October 24, 2007 8:30:15 AM(UTC)
Robskiwarrior
Man

Hi Icy, we will definitely pray for you and your Mrs. It's not easy leaving church, but you do definitely get to the point where you have no choice. Stck with the Truth and you'll be fine :)

Juski (signed in as Rob) :)
Signature Updated! Woo that was old...
Offline Icy  
#48 Posted : Wednesday, October 24, 2007 9:59:16 AM(UTC)
Icy
Man

Thanks, Juski.
Offline Robskiwarrior  
#49 Posted : Wednesday, October 24, 2007 10:55:39 AM(UTC)
Robskiwarrior
Man

Hi Icy - it is Robski this time - un-ambushed...

yea, it seems like you know what you are up against and doing :-) As you can see from our accounts of exiting church its not the best experience :) But as they say the truth hurts sometimes! Keep going man - and if you need to vent a little do it here and not at your pastor ;)

Signature Updated! Woo that was old...
Offline Heretic Steve  
#50 Posted : Wednesday, October 24, 2007 11:39:34 AM(UTC)
Heretic Steve

"you guys used to really inspire me" "I've always been impressed with the way you trust God" type of statements" could be a sort of a parting shot. Kinda like saying "thanks for lettin' us down". I think if their sentiments were genuine, then they would have done just as you mentioned you'd have done in their place.
It sounds as if your "friends" have to much time on their hands by the tone of their mail and if they were truly friends, they'd at least give your views a fair hearing.
I believe you've lost nothing, but then again, I'm not a paragon of sensitivity and have developed an aversion to all things religious. Christian radio and forums no longer interest, actually they're annoying as well as most christian religionists, especially the preachers/"elders".
Someday, perhaps sooner than later, I suspect you'll notice the same changes. In the mean time please try not to let the bitterness trouble you.
If not us, who? If not now, when?