logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

2 Pages<12
Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Icy  
#51 Posted : Wednesday, October 24, 2007 12:41:54 PM(UTC)
Icy
Man

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Well, I was in the car with my wife and I told her about the email conversation and my decision to not attend the church anymore. The conversation ended up making me feel even more alone. I had hoped that she was sort of backing me, but it seems that she has only been going along with me because I am the head of the house, she doesn't really belive much of what I say. She told me that she told my mom how she cried when I told her about Christmas and my mom told her that I am being "legalistic". She went on to say things like, "God knows our hearts, so why does it matter if we celebrate his birthday on a pagan holiday or not?" Basically her argument boiled down to, "If I love God, then what does it matter what we do?"

She also talked about her needing church for fellowship and acountability. She needs to hear a pastor preach to get anything out of scripture, even reading on her own doesn't work for her. I told her that I wanted us to do a study on the Sabbath and she said, "But your not a pastor."

I know many of you deal with the same sorts of things, but have you dealt with it from your spouse? How do you deal with it? In anything, she doesn't really listen to me, she needs to hear it from someone else or come to a conclusion on her own. But, she won't read anything that would help her do that. She says she can't understand scripture. She just listens to what she has always heard from men.

So, I guess all I can ask is that you continue to pray.
Offline Robskiwarrior  
#52 Posted : Wednesday, October 24, 2007 1:12:37 PM(UTC)
Robskiwarrior
Man

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Icy wrote:
Well, I was in the car with my wife and I told her about the email conversation and my decision to not attend the church anymore. The conversation ended up making me feel even more alone. I had hoped that she was sort of backing me, but it seems that she has only been going along with me because I am the head of the house, she doesn't really belive much of what I say. She told me that she told my mom how she cried when I told her about Christmas and my mom told her that I am being "legalistic". She went on to say things like, "God knows our hearts, so why does it matter if we celebrate his birthday on a pagan holiday or not?" Basically her argument boiled down to, "If I love God, then what does it matter what we do?"

She also talked about her needing church for fellowship and acountability. She needs to hear a pastor preach to get anything out of scripture, even reading on her own doesn't work for her. I told her that I wanted us to do a study on the Sabbath and she said, "But your not a pastor."

I know many of you deal with the same sorts of things, but have you dealt with it from your spouse? How do you deal with it? In anything, she doesn't really listen to me, she needs to hear it from someone else or come to a conclusion on her own. But, she won't read anything that would help her do that. She says she can't understand scripture. She just listens to what she has always heard from men.

So, I guess all I can ask is that you continue to pray.

Firstly I am very sorry to hear this, really sorry... I was kinda the "instigator" in our relationship, but as I came back to Ju with these strange and crazy ideas she would look at me sideways and do the thing she always does... ask Yahuweh.

Thankfully to this date Yahuweh has proved me right in my wifes eyes lol - I don't think Ju has read a full page of YY, she finds it too heavy going (even though she is doing a theology degree... ) She just asks Yah about what I say to her, and we discuss things openly. I have been greatly blessed by this... but things happen for a reason - just keep going mate, try to talk to her about it, gage her feeling on it, and see where you can go from. If you need anything please don't hesitate to ask! Prayer is standard, no worries about that dude ;)

So I really don't know what to say, I know how well women can argue as well, so just get as close to Yah as you can, and let Him do the speaking :) And try to keep a cool head... (sorry for prob telling you what you know... :) )

Signature Updated! Woo that was old...
Offline Juski  
#53 Posted : Sunday, November 4, 2007 2:23:55 AM(UTC)
Juski

Hi Icy.

Sorry about your wife not getitng you. I guess I just wanted to offer some practical tips from a wifely point of view! :

-Dont keep going on about it, I know its tempting to try and argue your point at every opportunity, but she will not listen unless she wants to. Wait for her to ask you things.

-When she asks you questions, dont be defensive or argumentative - we used to fight about this stuff, and it was basically becasue I needed to ask lots of questions to clarify in my own mind what Rob was talking about. I wasnt having a go at him, just asking, when he got defensive I stopped listening! Think before you speak.

-love your old church - there is nothing more repelling than someone who is always slagging off their old church, pastor, whatever. Speak about them with love. It is not their fault they dont understand. Keep your cynicism, negativity under control. When she goes to church ask her how it was, and dont destroy everything she says, if she comes back and says she was totally blessed during communion, dont rip her experience apart by moaning on about it been pagan or whatever.

-Love your wife, understand that she thinks differently and is on a journey towards God just as you are. Youre on a different page right now but you are reading the same book. Don't spoil her ending, she wants to get there on her own.

Be an example: if she can see that you are moving on with God, then she will hunger for it. Draw closer to Yahweh, if you're experience is anything like Rob's she'll see a positive difference in you. (Rob started doing the washing up, talking lovingly about people he had previously no time for, instigating prayer time at home, etc.)

Yahweh has got her, and in time she will get this, be patient, keep praying tha both of you will learn more and know Him more! :)

Offline Icy  
#54 Posted : Sunday, November 4, 2007 4:00:45 AM(UTC)
Icy
Man

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Thanks for the advice, Juski.
Offline Tiffany  
#55 Posted : Sunday, November 4, 2007 6:58:57 AM(UTC)
Tiffany
Woman

Juski,

That is great advise! It really brings the point home when you are dealing with two people who have committed to loving each other and yet find themselves in different place! Thanks!!

And I am continuing to ask Yah to develop all of us as we go about life in a different way then we all previously might have planned!

Blessings
Offline CK  
#56 Posted : Sunday, November 4, 2007 3:17:49 PM(UTC)
CK

Hi Friends of Yahushua,

Possibly we should remember that for the most part the people we are dealing with are already 'believers', right? Well then it probably wouldn't hurt for us to put ourselves into their shoes. May be we should remember where we were a year ago, a month ago, or however long ago. How would we have felt if someone had told us we had it all wrong? I don't know about you guys, but I hang around with some pretty sound believers. Yes, they are deceived about a lot of things. Things that are right under their noses. I was deceived too. It was right under my nose also.

How did most of us come to the knowledge of the Names, Feasts, etc.? Who drew us to this information? Our flesh might respond that it was our owning seeking heart, or a friend, or a relative. But who really drew us?

I'm not implying we should be cowardly or be timid (although, I'll bet a lot of us are) about this Truth. But I am saying we need to be doing a lot of praying, asking for a lot of discernment and wisdom, and asking the Father to bring opportunities to us and to empower us with what He would have us say to that particular person, at that particular time. If He called us to this information, rest assured that He's calling others. Trust. Be patient. Live by example. (And for Pete's sake, don't tell them you got this information off the internet! That can come at a later date. Scriptures are our Swords. He has already given us what we need. Yada and Ken and others are simply messengers.) If Yahuweh doe not build the house, do not the laborers labor in vain? And again, be as shrewd as serpents and as gentle as doves. End of sermon. Praise Yahuweh! In and out of season. Praise Him from the mountain tops. Praise Him in the valleys! Rejoice, for He has opened and continues to open our eyes! We give you thanks O' Yahuweh, our Elohim! CK
Offline Joseph  
#57 Posted : Sunday, November 4, 2007 8:48:10 PM(UTC)
Joseph
Man

CK:
I'm wondering if you are still involved in a church? Your post was obviously from a position of love and it resonated well with me. My position may be somewhat unique in that I came to the Truth from atheism less than a year ago. YY was instrumental. but as I continued to grow and read Scriptures - all the while loving Yah primarily from my keyboard, an emptiness and yearning began growing in me; a longing for community, a need to share. Recently, my wife and I found a church that we find to be pretty solid. Yeah, they tabernacle on Sunday. I still observe the Sabbath and then commune with brothers and sisters on Sunday. I like it. I think it does me a world of good. It is engagement. I'm active in two Bible studies and I think my contributions are having a positive effect. I know the interaction is having a positive effect on me. It is also bringing my entire family closer to God. I know that most everyone on this site has been walking in the right direction far longer than I have and am grateful for the insights and patience that people here have shown me. I understand how people like Tiffany have reached a point of utter frustration with their church and with organized religion in general, but for me, the church experience came second and has filled a great void. We have found a solid church and no one there is doing anything other than loving God. I like it and I think I need it. Perhaps they even need me. So at least for now, it's where I think I need to be
Offline CK  
#58 Posted : Tuesday, November 6, 2007 7:32:36 PM(UTC)
CK

Joseph:
Yes, I still attend 'church' services. I too honor the Sabbath sunset Friday through sunset Saturday, and "commune with brothers and sisters on Sunday." It's my 'work'. It's where the Father wants me to be for now. I love these people. I am on the board and work with teens in an outreach program that the church sponsors. I can't leave these kids just yet. Slowly, but gradually Yahuweh's seeds will be sowed. I was introduced to YY from Yada's audios on 'The Prophet of Doom' that were forwarded to me by a friend. The next thing I knew I was reading YY. Upon investigating Scriptures, in conjunction with reading the YY chapters, it became very clear to me that Yahuweh takes His Name very seriously. I also saw the signifcance of The Miqra. It was right under my nose all this time, and I never saw it. I thank Yah for YY. I am neither shy about referring to the Father by His Name, nor of saying Yahushua among my 'church' friends. I'm not saying that attending a church is all fun and games, as I don't like the error I hear, and I do a lot of praying during services. I always pray not to be deceived or to become a deceiver. Shalom. CK
Offline coleridge  
#59 Posted : Monday, December 3, 2007 1:21:52 PM(UTC)
coleridge

hey i'm new to this part of the site... this is great! my mother and father were co-pastors of a church. my mother has completely abandoned the idea. so have i. i happen to work at a church though...lol it reminds me of the story of naaman. i just ask YHWH to forgive me. church is becoming more and more the obvious evil that it seemed to be.... my family has been having meetings on the sabbath. we started studying in YY and now we're teaching up a storm! just so you all know, you have a brother in alabama that supports you. the whore of babylon is fallen! come out of her my people!
let YHWH be true, and every man a liar
Offline coleridge  
#60 Posted : Monday, December 3, 2007 2:31:37 PM(UTC)
coleridge

They shall put you out of the synagogues: yea, the time cometh, that whosoever killeth you will think that he doeth God service. And these things will they do unto you, because they have not known the Father, nor me. Yohanon 16:2-3 that's the real truth. but remember that they put the messiah out of the temple for his father's name... and as far as you trying to tell them and them not listening... listen to what our elder brother Yirmeyahu had to say:Thus saith YHWH, Stand ye in the ways, and see, and ask for the old paths, where [is] the good way, and walk therein, and ye shall find rest for your souls. But they said, We will not walk [therein]. there is a way that seems right unto a man... that's not going to be easy for them to see. we are dealing with people who have based their entire lives in this.... if by chance they are wrong, that means their mothers and fathers were wrong, and that just couldn't be. i can't tell you all enough how much i'm praying for YHWH to thrust out laborers for the harvest. i'm praying for each and every one of you that your transitions be smooth, but in this world we shall have tribulation.... therefore be of good cheer!
let YHWH be true, and every man a liar
Offline bitnet  
#61 Posted : Sunday, December 23, 2007 7:14:03 PM(UTC)
bitnet

Juski, just to let you know that your experiences are not entirely unique. Being part of the RCC with a strict father, much had to be surpressed on my part. Yet, I still struck out on my own to learn and understand and fellowship with others as best as possible. And yet again I still respected my parents and took them to attend mass and attended along with them. Of course the heart and mind was not there. When my father died a few years ago, I was sad in so many ways but felt a little relieved as some pressure had been lifted.

Again, out of love for my mother, I still took her to attend mass whenever possible yet tell her of Yahweh and Yahushua, especially in her last months when she was suffering from cancer. Today, I have one brother and one sister, both with their own families. My thoughts are to introduce the Truth to them slowly and gently and wean them off the RCC doctrines. I do not want to be cut off from them. But I do not attend RCC events or celebrate false feasts. My thoughts are that sometimes all we can do is to share and then move on. If at all, sometimes we have to shake the dust off the sandals.

One thing I have learnt over the past 20 years is that those who really want the Truth will not shy away from it when it is presented. The Ruach will move them. No amount of nudging and pushing on our part will move them if they are not searching. Our task seems to be to grow patiently ourselves and share our experiences and the Truth about our Creator and Saviour, their real identities, so that those who are truly of His flock will have a chance to answer.

Perhaps more explicitly, our task is that we are to find each other and nourish each other and love each other to set examples as true believers so that the world may notice us. We do not do the calling, neither do we save. We do nothing other than to let the Ruach work through us and share the Word and do as we understand so that we may find more like us.

My brother-in-law is of the firm belief that all one needs to do is to belief and confess Jesus Christ to be saved. He says that the Law does not save and is irrelevant today. That the Feasts are for Jews. He invites us over for Christmas and Easter religiously in the hope of fostering a better relationship so that we may join his church. I tell him that we keep the Law not to be saved but because we are called to do so after receiving the Ruach and he gets confused. I tell him that observing pagan feasts in disguise does not score points with the Creator and he says that there's nothing wrong in celebrating birthdays, especially that of the Saviour. So you see, those whose eyes are closed can only be opened by Yahuweh, the things of the Ruach can only be made known through the Ruach.

So what are we to do? Keep searching for Truth and for each other. It is much easier to do this today than in the past. Perhaps one day we'll find the time to go to Manchester, but I think it much easier for you to come to Kuala Lumpur! ;-)
The reverence of Yahweh is the beginning of Wisdom.
Offline Robskiwarrior  
#62 Posted : Monday, December 24, 2007 12:50:54 AM(UTC)
Robskiwarrior
Man

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
bitnet wrote:
Perhaps one day we'll find the time to go to Manchester, but I think it much easier for you to come to Kuala Lumpur! ;-)

thank you for your reply and welcome to the forums bitnet!

Ju and myself are just preparing to go to meet the familys for this years Mithras celebrations. *sigh*

Your words are very encouraging, because your experiances are not unlike ours :) I love the way everyone has come to "see" how important the things of Yahweh are, its awesome!

Keep posting! and welcome again!
Signature Updated! Woo that was old...
Offline real  
#63 Posted : Tuesday, January 8, 2008 4:01:34 PM(UTC)
real
Man

congradulatios, a wise man indeed you are!