logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

2 Pages12>
Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Devildog  
#1 Posted : Thursday, July 26, 2007 9:56:28 AM(UTC)
Devildog

Long ago, I put YY in a word processor, and began removing everything except what was in bold print-the Word. I wanted to see how much of the "Boible" YY would amplify, and perhaps fill in the missing verses with further amplified scriptures, giving me an "amplified Bible" that is pretty trustworthy and thorough-I love amplified scripture. Has anyone else gave thought to do this? I stopped long ago as I realized that YY was going to go through many changes before being complete, and I was just chasing my tail until then. I figured I would consider it again when YY, is complete. Can someone tell me how much scripture will be covered in YY when done? I asked Yada about this task long ago, and he said it was a large task and wasn't about to tackle it. I would love to have a "Bible" that is completly amplified scripture, like what we find in YY. How awesome would that be?
Offline Theophilus  
#2 Posted : Friday, July 27, 2007 6:25:32 AM(UTC)
Theophilus
Man

Swalchy wrote:
I have actually been working on an amplified translation of the New testament from the Oldest known Greek Manuscripts of the Greek NT since November last year. I have currently finished Mattithyah(Matthew), 2 & 3 Yahuchanon (John), Pauls letters to Philemon and Titus, and just yesterday I finished Revelation.

They're all online free, and everyone who wants to is welcome to give them a read.

www.thewaytoyahuweh.com

PS. A bit more information is given on a thread in this section: http://yadanews.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=36

Swalchy, first I wanted to thank you for sharing your work and congrats on completing Revelation. I've been enjoying slowly making my way through Mattithyah. It is remarkable to me between that common English translations, YY, ISR Scriptures, the Harmony I shared, and your work how many variations there are on words and names. As an example I was curious about the guy I first learned to call Simmon Peter. I'm guessing Petros is the Greek, Kepha the Hebrew?

I'm also somewhat confused by the Yeshua and other Yeh renderings in names that seems inconsistant with other Yah portions of names. I realize that YY covers this but I remain surprised by the insistence of even Messianic writers. In the harmony I'm reading through:

source http://www.messianic.com/yeshua/chap2.htm
Quote:
Chapter Two
BIRTH OF YESHUA

When Miryam returned to Natzeret, {before she and Yosef were married, it became known that she was pregnant}. Yosef, a righteous man, was not willing to make her a public example, so he thought it best to privately annul the engagement. But while he was burdened with this problem the messenger of YHVH appeared unto him in a dream and spoke to him, "Yosef, son of David, do not be afraid to take Miryam to be your wife, because the one who has been conceived in her is of Ruach HaKodesh of YHVH, therefore she will have a son, and you are to call His name Yeshua [YHVH who is Salvation], for He shall save His people from their sins."

From YY I learned Yahushua is a compound of Yah (Yahuweh's name) and Yashar (Salavtion). I'm missing where the Yesh is arrived from?
Offline Theophilus  
#3 Posted : Friday, July 27, 2007 7:39:27 AM(UTC)
Theophilus
Man

Thank you for the info Swatchy. I'll continue to review the thread and other related sources. I've also encountered Messianic believers who support the JPS Tanahk, hold the Mesoretic text in high regard even when in conflict with Dead Sea scrolls or LXX, as well as oral law / Talmud.

I shared an article I came across called beware the yeast of the Pharisees, which equated extra (written) Scriptural rabbinical traditions without comment. I found the article on the Fossilized Customs website and if interested will link it here:

http://www.fossilizedcustoms.com/leaven.html

The Talmud / oral law might make an interesting topic for another thread?
Offline Devildog  
#4 Posted : Friday, July 27, 2007 8:09:53 AM(UTC)
Devildog

Quote:
I have actually been working on an amplified translation of the New testament from the Oldest known Greek Manuscripts

Only had a second to look at it, but wow, is that awesome. Can you read Greek? Could you please tell us your process for accomplishing this? What sources, and do you look up every word? What a wonderful contribution this will make. Now hurry up and finish it LOL

What's the next one you are planning on tackling? Another "Gospel" account?
Offline FF  
#5 Posted : Friday, July 27, 2007 11:34:34 AM(UTC)
FF
Man

Swalchy,

I have also noticed in Scripture that the word Rock has the meaning of sure foundation or upon this foundational truth. This is the bigger rock foundation upon which Yahushua builds His Ecclesia, Truth.

Which I read as Yahushua said I will build the set-apart assembly upon this foundational truth that by hearing my voice or the voice of Yahuweh or the Set-Apart Spirit, I will be able to build through your convictions and also will I be able to build through all those who come after you. If you will only hear my voice and be directed by it.

This is what it says in scripture:
Quote:
But be on your guard against the yeast of the Pharisees and Sadducees." 12Then they understood that he was not telling them to guard against the yeast used in bread, but against the teaching of the Pharisees and Sadducees.
Matt. 16

We must remember this Peter will speak what the adversary wants spoken and Yahushua has to say
Quote:
Get behind me, Satan!
The very example he is trying to get across to the disciples. This quote tells me even more:
Quote:
"Be careful," Jesus said to them. "Be on your guard against the yeast of the Pharisees and Sadducees."
Beware lest the adversary speaks through the disciples, he can also speak through you!

We see here Yahshua telling the disciples they can not rely on men’s teaching but must rely on Yahuweh's teaching which comes from Yahuweh's implements through which He speaks to us directly and which complements or concurs with scripture.

OK, that is a little bit of what I get from this scripture.

FF
FF
Offline Jeannie  
#6 Posted : Friday, July 27, 2007 5:32:14 PM(UTC)
Jeannie
Woman

My vote is Colossians or Galatians...
Offline obadiah  
#7 Posted : Friday, October 19, 2007 6:05:01 AM(UTC)
obadiah

Theophilus wrote:
... I found the article on the Fossilized Customs website and if interested will link it here:

http://www.fossilizedcustoms.com/leaven.html

The Talmud / oral law might make an interesting topic for another thread?

I read his book Fossilized Customs many years ago, at that time, he was talking about producing a TANACH in Paleo-hebrew letters. Anybody know anything about this?
I'm the person on the right of the Rabbi.
Offline obadiah  
#8 Posted : Friday, October 19, 2007 11:53:58 AM(UTC)
obadiah

I downloaded the file they have, and looked at it, It is not Paleo-Hebrew.
If you want to see an example of real Paleo-Hebrew, go to the fossilized customs site, he has the real thing.
Sorry, some of these sites try to fool the unwary.
I'm the person on the right of the Rabbi.
Offline Jeannie  
#9 Posted : Friday, October 19, 2007 4:06:51 PM(UTC)
Jeannie
Woman

Swalchy I have so enjoyed your translations!!!! THANK YOU!!!
Offline bitnet  
#10 Posted : Wednesday, January 9, 2008 4:02:21 PM(UTC)
bitnet

Hello Swalchy & Gang!

I've downloaded Revelation, Colossians, Galatians and Philippians. Thanks a bunch! I'll make copies for my friend who is keen on Scripture and is a true believer in that he tries to observe everything that he has learnt.

One thing I have noticed is the title of Revelation. In the past I have read that it is the "Apocalypse of the Messiyah Yahushua as written by Yahuchanon" as the revelation came from from Yahushua. Any comment here?

Also, I noticed that the fonts used are real tiny... my friend especially will have problems reading the printed page because he is in his late 60s. Is there a way to increase the font size by 2 to 4 points for the main body of text in the pdf files?

Thanks a bunch and if only there are more people like you then they could each address one book and we can have it all in a much shorter period!
The reverence of Yahweh is the beginning of Wisdom.
Offline Jeannie  
#11 Posted : Thursday, January 10, 2008 3:01:38 PM(UTC)
Jeannie
Woman

bitnet, what I do is copy and paste it into word then highlight the text and change the font and print!! works great..ha...
Swalchy as always THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!!!
Offline bitnet  
#12 Posted : Friday, January 11, 2008 3:01:20 AM(UTC)
bitnet

Hello Jeannie and Shalom everyone,

Being the Sabbath here I am plugging myself into the Forum and also reading (again!) chapters from TOM, YY and FH. I tried to copy and paste the pdf files but because there are so many notations in the margins the end result is that it needs a lot of editing. If the pdf was created with a table in three columns, then it would be easier to copy the text over column by column. As it is it cannot be copy and pasted without editing. Well, not in my software anyway as I do not use MS Word! I'd rather use OpenOffice as it is free, a bit of the "support the underdog mentality" I'm afraid. Basically, I'm cheap! Hahaha!

But, Swalchy, take your time as I can live with your work... for now as I can still read and if push comes to shove I'll do what it takes to ensure that my friend is not deprived. In about 20 years or so when my eyes are weaker... Hey, won't need them then, will I!? ;-)
Offline Robskiwarrior  
#13 Posted : Thursday, February 14, 2008 9:15:45 AM(UTC)
Robskiwarrior
Man

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Swalchy wrote:
Just to let people know that 2 Corinthians is now up, including the PDF.

I've already had a request to do Ephesians, so that is next in the target line :)

Huzzar The Swalch!
Signature Updated! Woo that was old...
Offline FF  
#14 Posted : Saturday, February 16, 2008 5:07:20 AM(UTC)
FF
Man

Great Swalchy, We all have friends who will love this translation, Thank you.

Swalchy do you have the scripture references for what YY says about “”Three Choices” “Three Destinations”?

FF
FF
Offline FF  
#15 Posted : Saturday, February 16, 2008 11:11:50 PM(UTC)
FF
Man

Thank you Swalchy,

FF

PS Do you know the chapters where the Names of Yahweh, Yahshua and the Set-Apart Spirit explain the meaning of each letter and benefits of the names???

FF
Offline bitnet  
#16 Posted : Monday, February 25, 2008 1:10:10 AM(UTC)
bitnet

Thanks Swalch! Keep 'em comin'!
Offline Robskiwarrior  
#17 Posted : Monday, February 25, 2008 5:41:44 AM(UTC)
Robskiwarrior
Man

I would say Hebrews too - I think that will be an interesting one indeed!
Offline Mike_Browell  
#18 Posted : Monday, February 25, 2008 11:35:53 PM(UTC)
Mike_Browell
Man

Peace Swalchy,

May our Dad The Mighty One Yahuweh's love guide your translations and interpretations, and in His great wisdom may His Set-Apart Spirit guide your hand. I too vote for Ivriyth. It will indeed be an interesting read.

Your Loving Brother,
Michael Browell
Offline Robskiwarrior  
#19 Posted : Thursday, April 24, 2008 1:43:09 PM(UTC)
Robskiwarrior
Man

Swalchy wrote:

I've already been asked to do Romans, next, so I will be getting onto that ASAP.

WOOHOO :D
Offline bitnet  
#20 Posted : Friday, April 25, 2008 4:05:24 PM(UTC)
bitnet

Thanks for the gift! May Yahweh bless you and protect you!
Offline bitnet  
#21 Posted : Wednesday, May 28, 2008 11:51:25 PM(UTC)
bitnet

Thanks a bunch, Swalch, for thinking of the small guys in the OpenSource movement. We're basically cheap and won't pass up freebies...
Offline Matthew  
#22 Posted : Friday, June 13, 2008 9:29:35 AM(UTC)
Matthew
Man

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Swalchy, hope you don't mind me asking but what's the process you use to do the translation? From my understanding you seem to have a good knowledge of Greek, do you speak it? What resources do you use? Do have the same collection of resources that Yada has listed in YY? I was just curious, I was going to send a personal message but I thought maybe the Forum members would like to know as well.

PS: Even though I have downloaded every PDF file you created I haven't read them fully yet, I've read bits and pieces but I'm still busy reading YY and use my ISR when I don't have access to the computer. But my intention is obviously to use them and read them :)
Offline Matthew  
#23 Posted : Thursday, June 19, 2008 7:16:38 AM(UTC)
Matthew
Man

Monster! Seems like you have your hands full for the time being. And your knowledge of ancient Hebrew? Are you going to do the Old Covenant as well? We already have Yada's work which is also monstrous, I can pretty much type any verse into the YY Google search bar and find that Yada has already expanded it, with the bonus of commentary.

Swalchy wrote:
No probs there Matthew (or would you prefer Matt?). As already stated - any way is fine for me :)

Matthew, Matt, makes no difference to to me, you can even call me Maffew (that's our my fellow Afrikaaners call me because they have difficulty with the "th" sound).

Offline Matthew  
#24 Posted : Thursday, June 19, 2008 9:46:02 AM(UTC)
Matthew
Man

9 years! Hmmm... Hopefully we'll be taken by then. It will probably take you equally as long just to find people to help you with the task.

Swalchy wrote:
MattithYah = Gift of Yahuweh

When I was deciding on a username upon joining I thought about using the original Hebrew name, but I stuck with the name I was given at birth. However, I do like knowing that my name contains Yah in it.

I only understood the meaning of the name after reading the Shabuwa chapter of YY, that the Gift of Yahuweh is the Renewed Covenant, the removal of our sin. I always used to think of how I was God's gift to people, maybe a bit selfish of me ;), but now I have a deeper understanding of the real meaning behind the name.
Offline Robskiwarrior  
#25 Posted : Tuesday, September 23, 2008 4:09:09 AM(UTC)
Robskiwarrior
Man

1 Thess :D
Offline BiynaYahu  
#26 Posted : Tuesday, September 23, 2008 5:48:21 AM(UTC)
BiynaYahu
Man

Robskiwarrior wrote:
1 Thess :D

Someone who does not dearly love or welcome, entertain, look fondly upon or cherish people with strong affection or highly esteem them with great favour, goodwill or benevolence, be loyal to or greatly adore them has not known or understood, perceived or realized, noticed or discerned, discovered or observed, experienced or ascertained, learned about or distinguished, comprehended, acknowledged or recognized God*, for concerning this, God* is and exists as brotherly love and affection, good will, esteem and benevolence.
Offline Robskiwarrior  
#27 Posted : Sunday, October 19, 2008 10:54:24 PM(UTC)
Robskiwarrior
Man

nice one Swalchy :)
Offline Matthew  
#28 Posted : Wednesday, October 22, 2008 9:07:14 AM(UTC)
Matthew
Man

Swalchy wrote:
I now have the pleasure of working on 1 Corinthians....

*cries*

Can you hear it? A big WOOT cheer when it's finished.
Offline Yada  
#29 Posted : Friday, October 31, 2008 11:15:55 AM(UTC)
Yada

From CNN:

Quote:
Hebrew text scrutinized 2:07
CNN's Ben Wedeman reports archaeologists in Israel find what may be the oldest Hebrew text, but not all are convinced.
If you'd like to join the YY Study Group room on Paltalk - just click here. The lockword is: yadayahweh
You can download the free software here.
Hope to see everyone on Paltalk!
WARNING: Do not give out personal information (name, address, etc.) to anyone on Paltalk - ever!
Offline BiynaYahu  
#30 Posted : Thursday, November 27, 2008 4:43:27 PM(UTC)
BiynaYahu
Man

WHOOOOOO!! Yay Swalch! I've been waiting for first Corinthians I've always found parts of a little beguiling, and was waiting to see what the older manuscripts had to say.
Quote:
But nevertheless, I want and wish, prefer andaim, intend, will and desire for all of you to see and perceive, observe and witness, know and experience, recognise and respect, understand and take note of, comprehend and discern, pay attention to and discover, notice and examine, inspect and behold that concerning this, the chief and sole source, key and beginning, foundation and summit, head and prominent, outstanding and determinative, important and superior, top and sum-total place to turn for protection for men and males is and exists as the Anointed Messiah, and the chief and sole source, key and beginning, foundation and summit, head and prominent, outstanding and determinative, important and superior, top and sum-total place to turn for protection for women and females is the men and males, and the chief and sole source, key and beginning, foundation and summit, head and prominent, outstanding and determinative, important and superior, top and sum-total of Messiah is and exists as God .

WOW!
Someone who does not dearly love or welcome, entertain, look fondly upon or cherish people with strong affection or highly esteem them with great favour, goodwill or benevolence, be loyal to or greatly adore them has not known or understood, perceived or realized, noticed or discerned, discovered or observed, experienced or ascertained, learned about or distinguished, comprehended, acknowledged or recognized God*, for concerning this, God* is and exists as brotherly love and affection, good will, esteem and benevolence.
Offline BiynaYahu  
#31 Posted : Thursday, November 27, 2008 5:56:00 PM(UTC)
BiynaYahu
Man

And, Mr. Walch, I was wondering what your opinion on the overall concept being explained in this excerpt because it has always confused me.

Quote:
But nevertheless, since and because it is shameful and embarrassing, humiliating and disappointing, disillusioning and dishonouring, disgraceful and confounding for a woman and female to be sheared and have all of her hair cut off, or to be shaved, not having hair at all, let her be covered and veiled with a head of long hair. Indeed, truly and surely for the reason that a man and male ought not to and is not bound, under obligation or indebted to have his head covered and veiled with long hair, as he exists as and was created as, is identical to and possesses, was from the beginning as was set down as the image and representation, form and likeness, and the glory and splendour, magnificence and excellence, pre-eminence and dignity, brightness, grace and majesty of God*; on the other hand, woman and females are and exist as the glory and splendour, magnificence and excellence, pre-eminence and dignity, brightness, grace and majesty of man and males

Thank you for your insight in advance bro.
Offline BiynaYahu  
#32 Posted : Thursday, November 27, 2008 6:24:43 PM(UTC)
BiynaYahu
Man

Matthew wrote:
Can you hear it? A big WOOT cheer when it's finished.

BiynaYahu wrote:
WHOOOOOO!! Yay Swalch!

I didn't quite grasp the answer to Matt's "prophecy" until I started reading through this page again really quick. haha. So, so that all things are as they should be I recant my 'WHOOOOOO!!' and replace it with an emphatic 'WOOT!'

Blessings everyone!
Offline edStueart  
#33 Posted : Friday, November 28, 2008 1:32:28 AM(UTC)
edStueart

Swalchy wrote:
men should look like men, and not women, and women should look like women, and not men.

This from the country that gave us Boy George and Camilla Parker Bowles...
"You shall know the truth, and the truth shall set you free."
But first, it will piss you off!
Offline Robskiwarrior  
#34 Posted : Friday, November 28, 2008 2:43:55 AM(UTC)
Robskiwarrior
Man

edStueart wrote:
This from the country that gave us Boy George and Camilla Parker Bowles...

LOL its funny coz its true...
Offline BiynaYahu  
#35 Posted : Monday, December 15, 2008 11:55:02 AM(UTC)
BiynaYahu
Man

Cool.
Offline bitnet  
#36 Posted : Tuesday, December 16, 2008 5:02:29 AM(UTC)
bitnet

Shalom,

Thanks and nice work on the site also. However, you need to tighten up the links there, bro. I'm getting 404s on a few of them.
Offline Matthew  
#37 Posted : Tuesday, December 16, 2008 6:17:10 AM(UTC)
Matthew
Man

WOOT!
Offline BiynaYahu  
#38 Posted : Friday, February 20, 2009 5:27:28 AM(UTC)
BiynaYahu
Man

Swalchy wrote:
Get a decent browser like Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome or Opera :)

hmmmm... I want google chrome so badly, but there is no Linux version.... yet. I'm on the mailing list. I will be notified as soon as it's available. Obviously though I am not using Internet Explorer. There is no Linux version, and, since no one would use in on Linux, there never will be. :D
Offline kp  
#39 Posted : Friday, February 20, 2009 5:33:43 AM(UTC)
kp

Is it true that Bill Gates and King James were related?

kp
Offline sirgodfrey  
#40 Posted : Friday, February 20, 2009 5:54:53 AM(UTC)
sirgodfrey

i dont know didly-squat about browsers and such.

just thought i would share.
Offline edStueart  
#41 Posted : Friday, February 20, 2009 6:31:50 AM(UTC)
edStueart

kp wrote:
Is it true that Bill Gates and King James were related?

Ba'al Gates.

(ooh, I may have gone to far with that one...)
"You shall know the truth, and the truth shall set you free."
But first, it will piss you off!
Offline Matthew  
#42 Posted : Saturday, April 11, 2009 2:30:08 AM(UTC)
Matthew
Man

Swalchy wrote:
Thought people'd like to know that I have finally done the PDF file for the Lucus translation.

As usual, you can find a link from the main page of the website, or from this direct link

The webpage version is found here

:)

This pdf link works, but the "Download PDF file" link doesn't work from the website ;)

Thanks Swalchy! Top Man!

EDIT:

There also seems to be a problem with the Titus "Download PDF file" link, doesn't seem to exist, gives error the file cannot be found.
Offline Robskiwarrior  
#43 Posted : Saturday, April 11, 2009 11:20:32 AM(UTC)
Robskiwarrior
Man

Good work swalchy - keep going! Finishing posts are insight! :)
Offline In His Name  
#44 Posted : Saturday, April 11, 2009 8:11:01 PM(UTC)
In His Name

Devildog wrote:
Long ago, I put YY in a word processor, and began removing everything except what was in bold print-the Word. I wanted to see how much of the "Boible" YY would amplify, and perhaps fill in the missing verses with further amplified scriptures, giving me an "amplified Bible" that is pretty trustworthy and thorough-I love amplified scripture. Has anyone else gave thought to do this? I stopped long ago as I realized that YY was going to go through many changes before being complete, and I was just chasing my tail until then. I figured I would consider it again when YY, is complete. Can someone tell me how much scripture will be covered in YY when done? I asked Yada about this task long ago, and he said it was a large task and wasn't about to tackle it. I would love to have a "Bible" that is completly amplified scripture, like what we find in YY. How awesome would that be?

I don't see that DD's question was ever answered (#1 post above).

Is there a file available with Yada's amplified verses?

DD are you out there? Have you continued to work on this?
“Because he clings to Me, is joined to Me, loves and delights in Me, desires Me, therefore I will deliver him, carry him safely away, cause him to escape from harm making him inaccessible and strong, and delivering him safely to heaven, because he has known, observed, cared for, recognized, instructed and advised others to use, designated, acknowledged, discerned, answered in, My name, authority, character, report, mark, and nature." Psalm 91:14
Offline In His Name  
#45 Posted : Sunday, April 12, 2009 6:22:19 AM(UTC)
In His Name

Swalchy wrote:
Hey IHN (funnily enough, shortening your name gives me a placeholder/Nomina Sacra for Yahushua - lol): Devildog is now agathθr, but I don't know whether he did continue working on this.

Saying that, what agathOr was trying to do, IIRC, is part of Yada's to-do-list. I'll try and find the link to the topic. I'm sure Yada wouldn't mind others doing that for him :)

Edit: found it;
http://www.yadanews.com/...st715_YY-To-Do-List.aspx

Excellent, Thank You.

Like agath0r, I had also started this. I am about 1/2 through Book 1 Genesis, I will continue.

agath0r, did you continue with this, let's compare notes.
“Because he clings to Me, is joined to Me, loves and delights in Me, desires Me, therefore I will deliver him, carry him safely away, cause him to escape from harm making him inaccessible and strong, and delivering him safely to heaven, because he has known, observed, cared for, recognized, instructed and advised others to use, designated, acknowledged, discerned, answered in, My name, authority, character, report, mark, and nature." Psalm 91:14
Offline Robskiwarrior  
#46 Posted : Sunday, November 8, 2009 1:33:17 PM(UTC)
Robskiwarrior
Man

Well done the Swalch - only 3 more to go :D
Offline Marcus  
#47 Posted : Thursday, June 24, 2010 1:42:07 AM(UTC)
Marcus

Thank you swalchy awesome work!
Offline Matthew  
#48 Posted : Thursday, June 24, 2010 2:02:07 AM(UTC)
Matthew
Man

Agreed!

I was going through it last night and I found the word σκοτους (in verse 13 of Yahuwdah) is "ignorance" in its core meaning, as in the "darkness of ignorance" as used in the line, whereas most English translations use the term "blackest darkness" instead. Maybe I'm wrong on this but the difference gives a different understanding. Swalchy's version seems to say "they'll never know and will be kept in ignorance of the truth" where the other seems to say "they'll reap the reward of eternal punishment in a place of blackness."
Offline Robskiwarrior  
#49 Posted : Thursday, June 24, 2010 5:45:30 AM(UTC)
Robskiwarrior
Man

Good work the Swalch. :)
Offline bitnet  
#50 Posted : Friday, June 25, 2010 5:19:25 AM(UTC)
bitnet

Shabbat Shalom,

As Gomer Pyle would say, "Thankee, thankee, thankee, Swalcheee!"