logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Yada  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, July 10, 2007 10:35:20 PM(UTC)
Yada

Would it be possible to set-up two icons at the top of the YY Forum's main page that link out to:

1. YY Study Group On-line Chat Room Status (Paltalk) - this is the URL of the groups page: http://chat.paltalk.com/g2/group/1120300276 In the middle of the page there is an indicator of the current status of our room (currently open or closed). This has not been working properly and I currently have a ticket out on it with Paltalk tech support - hopefully it will be resolved soon. Anyway, could we either put a simple link at the top of the page to this? Or better yet, is it possible to insert the script for the status indicator onto our forum page?

2. YY Study Group Discussion Calendar - I also created an on-line calendar for the group: http://my.calendars.net/yysg Again, would it be possible to create a calendar icon, placed at the top of the main page, that links out to the calendar itself?

The idea here is to make it as easy as possible to forum members to move between the YY Forum and the on-line YY Study Group chat room.

Making this happen is a little beyond me so I wanted to ask for your assistance.

Thanks.

-Yada
If you'd like to join the YY Study Group room on Paltalk - just click here. The lockword is: yadayahweh
You can download the free software here.
Hope to see everyone on Paltalk!
WARNING: Do not give out personal information (name, address, etc.) to anyone on Paltalk - ever!
Offline Icy  
#2 Posted : Friday, October 26, 2007 8:37:48 AM(UTC)
Icy
Man

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 2 post(s)
This is simple enough to do, but it requires being able to edit the script for the page. I know how, or could figure out how to do it just how you want, but I don't have the sort of access to edit and save the script for this page.

Though, I do have a program that can download the entire site and then I can play around with editing it to see exactly how it would work. . . Then, I could send it to you to look at. After that, I guess you would have to have Joe do it. Though, I'm sure he could do it without my help.
Offline forumadmin  
#3 Posted : Sunday, August 24, 2008 10:05:35 AM(UTC)
forumadmin

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Do we still want the calendar?

Does PalTalk actually provide an icon / script that can be embedded in a page to link to a group / show it's open/closed status?

Joe
Offline Icy  
#4 Posted : Sunday, August 24, 2008 4:01:03 PM(UTC)
Icy
Man

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 2 post(s)
I think a calendar would still be a good thing.

I do not know about the Paltalk think though.
Offline Yada  
#5 Posted : Monday, August 25, 2008 12:32:01 AM(UTC)
Yada

I think I've also already included this in the "signature" of my posts but it would be great to get it prominently displayed somewhere. It's from the YY Study group room page on Paltalk:

Quote:
Chat Room URL - post this on any web page or email to your friends. When your room is open, it will point directly to the room. When it's closed it will point to your group page.
http://chat.paltalk.com/...1120300276/WebLoader.wmt
If you'd like to join the YY Study Group room on Paltalk - just click here. The lockword is: yadayahweh
You can download the free software here.
Hope to see everyone on Paltalk!
WARNING: Do not give out personal information (name, address, etc.) to anyone on Paltalk - ever!
Offline forumadmin  
#6 Posted : Tuesday, September 2, 2008 3:59:42 PM(UTC)
forumadmin

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 1 post(s)
I just added that link to the YY Study Group path displayed at the top of the forum pages.
Let me know if you have any other ideas.

P.S. The "Free Trial of Paltalk" link is the official text and link Paltalk asks us to use when sending people to their site.