logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Yada  
#1 Posted : Monday, June 9, 2008 12:20:41 AM(UTC)
Yada

EWTN featured a program today in which two priests explained that during the administration of "Sacramentals," regardless of how lay people assist with the service, only the priest himself can give a valid "Blessing" using his full hand as he makes the "Sign of the Cross." The priests admonished those parents watching and told them that if they're going to bless their children in this way, they should only use a "finger" or a "thumb" and not their full hand, as this gesture is reserved solely for use by Catholics clerics. Oh, boy.

During another segment of the program, the priests berated the practice of some Churches allowing people to actually help themselves to the ashes on 'Ash Wednesday.' Apparently, these ashes are a reference to "- for dust you are and to dust you will return." Genesis 3:19, and consequently a symbol of death. I thought to myself - how appropriate.

If you'd like to join the YY Study Group room on Paltalk - just click here. The lockword is: yadayahweh
You can download the free software here.
Hope to see everyone on Paltalk!
WARNING: Do not give out personal information (name, address, etc.) to anyone on Paltalk - ever!
Offline bitnet  
#2 Posted : Monday, June 9, 2008 1:13:17 AM(UTC)
bitnet

Aaah! Ash Wednesday... a reminder of our origins and final destination. I refused to put ash on my forehead when I rebelled against the Catholic teachings years ago. I also refused to kiss the foot of the statue on the crucifix. I tried to stop calling the priests "Father..." whenever I spoke to them. Waving of the hands by the priests for blessings did not mean much to me but the blessings of my parents was important. Is that weird? Especially when I was actually going against their guidance? I accommodated them and respected them by taking them to mass and observing most of the things like a "good Catholic" but stopped taking communion except at their funerals. Even that was a tremendous struggle for me. Seeing them to their graves took a chunk out of my life as I loved them deeply. Do I fret and worry for them for being Catholic? No, because I know that Abba Yahweh will deal with them most mercifully for their hearts were in the right place like many others who are deceived. In fact, I look forward to reconciling them to The Family after the Great White Throne Judgement. I think that they will recognise Abba Yahweh instantly despite the picture of god depicted by the funny strokes painted by the clergy with their moving hands, and yield to a judgement and re-education process without any protest and in great appreciation of His love and mercy. As for the clergy who misled the people, I also have no doubt that they shall be dealt with according too His wisdom and mercy. But woe to those who knew that they were misleading the people intentionally away from our Creator!

Edited by user Monday, June 9, 2008 3:48:21 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

The reverence of Yahweh is the beginning of Wisdom.