logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Yada  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, June 4, 2008 7:18:10 AM(UTC)
Yada

This was an interesting article on CNN:

Quote:
U.N. chief: $20B a year to end food crisis

Story Highlights

-U.N. chief: $15 to $20 billion a year needed to address global food crisis
-3-day Rome summit aims to avert widening hunger and civil unrest worldwide
-World leaders urged not to leave summit without implementing clear plan of action
-U.N. agency gives $1.2 billion to 62 countries hardest hit by food crisis

Some of the interesting insights include:

Quote:
Ban Ki-moon (U.N. Chief) spoke to reporters on the second day of a U.N.-organized summit in Rome to deal with food security -- a broad term that includes hunger, rising food prices, food production, high oil prices, and climate change.

A summit on "Food Security" that includes Oil prices and Global Warming - held in Rome, no less - that's interesting.

The article continues:

Quote:
"We must not address only the immediate symptoms of the problem -- that of soaring food prices," he said. "We must focus on the underlying causes of the problem: years of neglect of the agricultural sector around the world, and the lack of investment in increasing productivity."

He called on nations to take four immediate steps:

-Make the international trade system work more effectively so more food is available, and at reasonable prices;

-Increase humanitarian aid to cushion the impact of high food prices on vulnerable populations;

-Find a way to boost harvests in the next year and continue investment in agriculture over the long run;

-Help governments struggling to cope with the food crisis through fiscal support.

"Substantial new resources will be needed -- perhaps as much as $15 to $20 billion a year as our efforts build up," Ban said.

The rest of the article is here.
If you'd like to join the YY Study Group room on Paltalk - just click here. The lockword is: yadayahweh
You can download the free software here.
Hope to see everyone on Paltalk!
WARNING: Do not give out personal information (name, address, etc.) to anyone on Paltalk - ever!
Offline kp  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, June 4, 2008 7:35:06 AM(UTC)
kp

New resources are needed? Hey, here's an idea: let's take the food away from the people who are growing it in their backyard gardens (like my wife and me) and give it to the starving people of the world who don't trust Yahweh for their sustenance. I mean, it works with money, doesn't it?

Robin Hood lives. These day's he's working at the U.N.

kp
Offline James  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, June 4, 2008 6:10:22 PM(UTC)
James
Man

Was thanked: 216 time(s) in 149 post(s)
kp wrote:

Robin Hood lives.

This is one of my Pet Peives KP. Robin Hood took from the Government and gave to the Poor, He was a Tax cutter, we mess the whole story up when we say stole from the rich and gave to the poor.

I know you probalby know this KP and were just using the reference as most know it but I had to give you a hard time about it.
Don't take my word for it, Look it up.

“The truth is not for all men but only for those who seek it.” ― Ayn Rand
Offline bitnet  
#4 Posted : Wednesday, June 4, 2008 10:02:14 PM(UTC)
bitnet

“A quart of wheat for a day’s wage, and three quarts of barley for a day’s wage. And do not harm the oil and the wine.” Looks like the rider of the black horse is already on the move... and he has his accomplices in the governments and traders of the world.
The reverence of Yahweh is the beginning of Wisdom.
Offline Yada  
#5 Posted : Thursday, June 5, 2008 8:43:35 PM(UTC)
Yada

This was a follow-up story that CNN ran today:

Quote:
Billion dollars pledged for food crisis

ROME, Italy (CNN) -- World leaders have made "extraordinary" commitments to short-term food crisis solutions but more work is needed on long-term solutions, the head of the United Nations food agency said Thursday.

Story Highlights
- U.N. praises international commitment to tackling food crisis in the short term
- But more work is needed on finding long-term solutions
- Delegates aiming for increase in worldwide food production by 50 percent by 2030
- U.N. to urge moves to make food production resilient to climate change

a little further down in the article:

Quote:
"We have to feed a growing population, and hopefully growing affluence and less poverty, and that means 50 percent more production in 20 years' time."

I thought this was interesting because several of the video presentations I've watched make the claim that one of the goals of "New World Order" will actually not be only population control, but enforced population reduction. Has anyone else heard this?

The complete article is here.
If you'd like to join the YY Study Group room on Paltalk - just click here. The lockword is: yadayahweh
WARNING: Do not give out personal information (name, address, etc.) to anyone on Paltalk - ever!
Offline bitnet  
#6 Posted : Thursday, June 5, 2008 11:55:34 PM(UTC)
bitnet

I remember watching a video where the NWO claims on a plaque or steele somewhere that the optimum population is 600 million people. This desire means that 90 per cent of the global population will have to be decimated! We know that the NWO are not averse to using war, disease and famine (three of horsemen of the Apocalypse) and the fourth horseman refers to death, a natural consequence not only for flesh but also of Truth. Mashiach Yahushua, please do not delay your coming!
The reverence of Yahweh is the beginning of Wisdom.
Offline kp  
#7 Posted : Friday, June 6, 2008 3:46:39 AM(UTC)
kp

Okay, James :-) Color me busted. What I meant to refer to, of course, was the forced re-distribution of resources. Maybe I should have said, "The Sheriff of Notingham is alive and well..."

Bitnet and Yada, I knew that one of the NWO's dirty little secrets was a global reduction in population, but I didn't know they'd picked a target number of 600 million. Strangely enough, that number (or even less) is what I envision the population of earth to be after the dark days of the Tribulation are behind us. Of course, the NWO types want to eliminate everybody but themselves (very altruistic of them---not) but Yahweh has other ideas. A trumpet judgment here, a bowl judgment there, followed by sheep being separated from goats, and voila! No more population "problem." Then we'll get to see what will happen as the world climbs back toward the seven billion mark over the next thousand years under Yahshua's perfect government. There will be no famine for those who honor God, no matter how populous we become. Maranatha!

kp
Offline Yada  
#8 Posted : Monday, August 4, 2008 3:19:04 AM(UTC)
Yada

Quote:
Italy deploys troops to fight street crime

Story Highlights
* Soldiers deployed around 'sensitive sites' in Rome and Milan
* Defense Ministry: 3,000 to be deployed in total
* Measure, proposed by Silvio Berlusconi's govt., to remain for six months

ROME, Italy (AP) -- The Defense Ministry says hundreds of soldiers have been deployed in cities across Italy as part of government measures to fight street crime.

In Rome, some 400 men and women are deployed at subway and railway stations and at an immigrant center.

They are not expected to be immediately deployed in the capital's historic center.

In Milan, troops are patrolling the Duomo cathedral and sensitive sites such as the U.S. consulate and the synagogue...

Read on
Yada attached the following image(s):
italy.troops.afp.gi.jpg