logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Icy  
#1 Posted : Monday, June 2, 2008 2:32:13 AM(UTC)
Icy
Man

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 2 post(s)
I am sure there are many contridictions in the RCC, but here is one I recently noticed:

This article is about a church banning an autistic child from attending mass. The contridiction comes from the fact that in the RCC it is a sin to miss mass, and yet the church is forbidding this child from attending. So, by their reasoning, are they "sending him to hell," or giving him a "get out of jail free card?"

What other contridictions does the RCC espouse?
Offline bitnet  
#2 Posted : Monday, June 2, 2008 6:53:33 AM(UTC)
bitnet

Er, that you have an eternal soul but need to be resurrected at the Great White Throne Judgement despite going to heaven already after you die? But this is not entirely only RCC, right?
The reverence of Yahweh is the beginning of Wisdom.
Offline Theophilus  
#3 Posted : Monday, June 2, 2008 9:32:17 AM(UTC)
Theophilus
Man

bitnet wrote:
Er, that you have an eternal soul but need to be resurrected at the Great White Throne Judgement despite going to heaven already after you die? But this is not entirely only RCC, right?

Bitnet, I'm trying to follow you on this one. Is there a distinction between having one's soul abiding in the presence of God after the seperation of body and soul at the first death and a later physical resurrection?

I'm guessing that that the areas of difference being the immortality of souls and the purpose of the Great White Throne Judgement being between sinners and saints (RCC) or between doors two and three (YY / FH)?

I see I should re-read the sections concerning the GWT judgement to see if I'm recalling this correctly as depicted in YY and FH.