logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Yada  
#1 Posted : Saturday, May 31, 2008 3:07:51 PM(UTC)
Yada

More interesting Saturday morning EWTN programming aimed at children. This time the Dominican nun explained to the kids how St. Catherine of Siena, among other things like never committing a mortal sin and living solely on a diet of "Holy Communion," could actually smell a person's sins:

Quote:
St. Catherine was holy from her youth. At the age of 6, she underwent an extraordinary mystical experience which transformed her life. She never committed a mortal sin. By age 25, she lived on Holy Communion alone. She ministered to the physically sick and to those in sin. No sinner who came to her could resist converting and going to Confession. When she traveled, it was necessary to have 5 to 7 priests accompany her just to hear the Confessions of those who were won to Christ by her. She could smell a person’s sin and possessed the ability to know the state of everyone’s soul who came into her company. Our Lord and Our Lady regularly visited her and conversed familiarly with her. She died at the age of 33.

The page this was taken from is here.

You might have noticed that she died very young. Perhaps, this was due to the fact that she lived without the benefit of a human heart (I'm not kidding). Apparently, it was taken/exchanged (I haven't quite figured out which) by the "Lord." What struck me about this story was the similarity to the event in which Mohammed claimed his heart was taken out and washed/replaced. Strange, huh?

Also, why is it that so many of these saints die young - often of horrible diseases? Of course, in the Catholic Church suffering is considered a good thing, so I guess you couldn't ask for a better way to go. Sad.

You can find more information about this "Holy heart surgery" here.

Edited by user Sunday, June 1, 2008 11:58:18 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Yada attached the following image(s):
catherineSienaExchange.jpg
If you'd like to join the YY Study Group room on Paltalk - just click here. The lockword is: yadayahweh
You can download the free software here.
Hope to see everyone on Paltalk!
WARNING: Do not give out personal information (name, address, etc.) to anyone on Paltalk - ever!
Offline Robskiwarrior  
#2 Posted : Sunday, June 1, 2008 5:22:23 AM(UTC)
Robskiwarrior
Man

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
wow mythology is great... you can even look at the mythology of Florence Nightingale to see how myths are so quickly made into fact.

She prob died young from malnutrition - wafers and wine isnt gonna keep your strength up for long :), even with your heart :)

WHY DO PEOPLE BELIEVE THIS CR*P! (sorry lol)
Signature Updated! Woo that was old...
Offline Robskiwarrior  
#3 Posted : Sunday, June 1, 2008 12:47:14 PM(UTC)
Robskiwarrior
Man

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Even as a Christian I didn't believe in that! lol

Edited by user Sunday, June 1, 2008 2:22:31 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Signature Updated! Woo that was old...
Offline bitnet  
#4 Posted : Monday, June 2, 2008 6:50:37 AM(UTC)
bitnet

Shalom All,

Notice how such indoctrination starts from young. When told something like this by your elders, you tend to believe it. Eventually, you become prone to believe anything along these lines as you had accepted it in faith from people you knew to be trustworthy. As you grow, your body matures and your mind continues to accept what it has already been preconditioned to accept.

It is this slavery of the mind that we should seek release from! Error has ways of creeping in and staying with you until the end. We who see and understand are enlightened not by our own but by the Grace of Abba Yahweh. Our task is to determine our course and then take care of the others around us, just like the airplane emergency instruction to put on your oxygen mask first before attending to your child.

Mysticism is falseness in disguise, but Truth can hide in plain sight. How do you determine which is which? Fall back to Scripture and depend upon the Ruach Qodesh to make clear the Creator's Word and Will. Start with a proper introduction -- know Him by name. Yearn to discover Him first and clarity manifests itself through your faith, which is action upon belief. Read, learn, believe and do nothing and nothing happens to you either. The law of reciprocity or Newton's Law states that for every action there is an equal and opposite reaction, but Scripture contends that in this case if you truly believe you can achieve tremendously unequal reactions and move mountains through faith.

Right now I'd be happy to heal myself and my wife from any earthly afflictions. Be that as it may, I yearn for the time when we can, er, truly live on fresh air and sunshine and not even depend on communion and wine. I also pray that I do not smell so bad that St Cat would think me as odoriferous as a skunk...
The reverence of Yahweh is the beginning of Wisdom.
Offline Yada  
#5 Posted : Tuesday, June 3, 2008 1:23:36 AM(UTC)
Yada

If I'm not mistaken, didn't the Aztecs also remove the hearts of their victims as well?
If you'd like to join the YY Study Group room on Paltalk - just click here. The lockword is: yadayahweh
You can download the free software here.
Hope to see everyone on Paltalk!
WARNING: Do not give out personal information (name, address, etc.) to anyone on Paltalk - ever!
Offline bitnet  
#6 Posted : Wednesday, June 4, 2008 1:50:22 AM(UTC)
bitnet

OUCH!
The reverence of Yahweh is the beginning of Wisdom.