logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Yada  
#1 Posted : Sunday, May 11, 2008 6:51:23 AM(UTC)
Yada

I was talking with one of our other admins in the YY Study Group room earlier tonight on Paltalk and she said that she believed that animal sacrifices/offerings were ordained and would continue during the Millennium Sabbath. She quoted: Ezekial 40-48, and Zechariah 6:12 & 13 as justification.

I will run a search on TOM, FH, and YY, but was wondering what members' thougths were?

Thanks.

Edited by user Tuesday, September 2, 2008 4:05:40 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

If you'd like to join the YY Study Group room on Paltalk - just click here. The lockword is: yadayahweh
You can download the free software here.
Hope to see everyone on Paltalk!
WARNING: Do not give out personal information (name, address, etc.) to anyone on Paltalk - ever!
Offline kp  
#2 Posted : Sunday, May 11, 2008 10:23:27 AM(UTC)
kp

She is quite correct, Yada. Check out http://www.futuretruth.n...illenial_Temple.Prophecy . The big question is, why? Calvary is behind us. I came to the conclusion that just as the Levitical sacrifices were a picture, a living metaphor, necessary so the Old Covenant saints could grasp the significance of the coming Messiah's act of sacrificial redemption, so too will the Millennial populace need a picture of just how awesome Yahshua's first-advent sacrifice was. You see, the seventh Millennium will be a time when life on earth, under the direct rule of King Yahshua, will be peaceful, prosperous, and downright heavenly. A few generations into it, and folks will begin to lose the sense that there's something to be saved from. Without reinstituted sacrifices, I believe those born during the "thousand-year right" will have a hard time comprehending the magnitude of what the Messiah did for them.

kp
Offline Yada  
#3 Posted : Sunday, June 1, 2008 10:18:54 PM(UTC)
Yada

Thanks Ken - as I go through the chapter you linked out to in your post, I have a question - how would you respond to this statement: "The sacrificial system was established pointing to and intended to teach us about the ultimate sacrifice of Yahshua. When that was completed, the curtain in the Temple was torn in two to indicate that the sacrificial system was no longer required."

In the beginning of the chapter you state:

Quote:
In and of itself, the Levitical shedding of the blood of bulls and goats was never efficacious in atoning for sins—it was merely a picture, a metaphor, for the coming sacrifice of Yahshua. It is the reality that saves—not the shadow cast by that reality. The bottom line? No one was ever reconciled to God except through the blood sacrifice of Yahshua, whether looking forward to the event in faith, or back on it—again, in faith.

So my question is, why will this be necessary in the future as a remembrance of the past when He will actually be living among us in the present? (Hope I didn't confuse anybody.)

You wrote:

Quote:
It is the reality that saves—not the shadow cast by that reality.

Which I guess is what I'm trying to say/ask. Why will we need these "shadows" when we will have the "reality" of His presence?

I'll keep reading.

Edited by user Sunday, June 1, 2008 11:56:45 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

If you'd like to join the YY Study Group room on Paltalk - just click here. The lockword is: yadayahweh
WARNING: Do not give out personal information (name, address, etc.) to anyone on Paltalk - ever!
Offline bitnet  
#4 Posted : Monday, June 2, 2008 7:01:06 AM(UTC)
bitnet

Shalom All,

Remember the time when we used to celebrate birthdays? When we buy presents and cakes and break into song... yes, that time when we all grew a year older whether we liked it or not? It was a happy occasion (for the most part) for most of us, right? Well, could not the sacrifices be done in joy in the future? It's not an obligation but people can express their thanks to the Eternal by such an offering in remembrance of the Sacrifice? Although solemn, it's really a big BBQ party, right? Otherwise, what else could we do other than observing the Sabbaths and Miqra? [Notice how every sentence in this response is a question, even this one? :-) ]
The reverence of Yahweh is the beginning of Wisdom.
Offline kp  
#5 Posted : Monday, June 2, 2008 12:11:56 PM(UTC)
kp

Yada asks: "Why will this (the Millennial sacrifices) be necessary in the future as a remembrance of the past when He will actually be living among us in the present? Why will we need these "shadows" when we will have the "reality" of His presence?" As I intimated before, I think the answer lies in the nature of the Millennial kingdom. Peace will reign, prosperity will be universal for people who honor Yahweh through King Yahshua, and bad behavior (overt sins that affect others) will be confronted and dealt with immediately. Those who lived through the Tribulation will know what they're saved from. They will have seen first hand what sin can do to humanity. They will know intuitively that the sacrifice of Yahshua was essential for their salvation. They will do their best to communicate their feelings to their children. But fast forward three or four generations. The common body of emperical knowledge will have shifted.

Life is perfect, but these folks born a hundred years into the Kingdom age won't have any conception of what "imperfect" is. They'll have no frame of reference whatsoever. Think about it: when is the danger of apostasy, of ceasing to care about the things of God, the greatest in your life? Is it not when life is good, when there is no "reason" to cry out to God in your distress? If we're comfortable, safe, secure, prosperous, and unthreatened by external enemies, then although we may not turn our backs on Yahweh, we still have a tendency to take Him for granted. And taking Him for granted, considering what He did for us, is tantamount to blasphemy. So the Tribulation masses (at least past the first generation) will need a shocking, counterintuitive object lesson to teach them about the reality of their need for salvation, because it won't be apparent from what they see in the world around them. They'll see a King reigning in justice and wisdom, and if they value their lives, they'll obey Him. But they won't see---without the counterintutive object lesson---why the King has a right to rule.

Yahweh Yireh always provides what we need. At one time, we needed a preview of what He would do to effect our reconciliation to Himself. But during the Millennium, the mortals of earth will need a visceral reminder that there's more to the Messiah than a scepter of iron. By sacrificing innocent lambs at the Temple, He will be showing the world (since telling isn't enough) what He did for them, how He died to make them live, and why He has the right to rule.

kp
Offline Yada  
#6 Posted : Monday, June 2, 2008 5:08:21 PM(UTC)
Yada

I've been reading The Millennial Temple about the construction of T4 given in Ezekiel - wow! Just brilliant. I would encourage everyone out there to read it. You can find the chapter here.
Offline visitor  
#7 Posted : Saturday, August 30, 2008 5:01:08 PM(UTC)
visitor

If I read this thread correctly and these animal sacrifices are to continue, then why aren't we required to continue to slaughter a lamb on Passover? Or, are we?

Thanks.

I just found this quote from Yada Yahweh later in the same chapter I was reading.

Quote:
Today, since the blood of the Perfect Sacrificial Lamb - Yahushua - has been shed so that we might live, we do not need slaughter another lamb.

Again, if this animal sacrifice is no longer required, why are the others?
Offline BiynaYahu  
#8 Posted : Saturday, August 30, 2008 7:15:04 PM(UTC)
BiynaYahu
Man

visitor wrote:
If I read this thread correctly and these animal sacrifices are to continue, then why aren't we required to continue to slaughter a lamb on Passover? Or, are we?

Thanks.

I just found this quote from Yada Yahweh later in the same chapter I was reading.

Again, if this animal sacrifice is no longer required, why are the others?

Shalowm, and grace from YAHUWEH our god everyone,

I also actually wondered this as I read this thread. Wouldn't doing the offerings at our own miqra gatherings count since we are technically both the temple and the priests?

Your loving brother,
Mike Br.
Someone who does not dearly love or welcome, entertain, look fondly upon or cherish people with strong affection or highly esteem them with great favour, goodwill or benevolence, be loyal to or greatly adore them has not known or understood, perceived or realized, noticed or discerned, discovered or observed, experienced or ascertained, learned about or distinguished, comprehended, acknowledged or recognized God*, for concerning this, God* is and exists as brotherly love and affection, good will, esteem and benevolence.
Offline shalom82  
#9 Posted : Saturday, August 30, 2008 11:02:04 PM(UTC)
shalom82

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
We might be able to look to the scriptures for some guidance on this matter:

Deu 16:1 “Guard the month of Aḇiḇ, and perform the Passover to יהוה your Elohim, for in the month of Aḇiḇ יהוה your Elohim brought you out of Mitsrayim by night.
Deu 16:2 “And you shall slaughter the Passover to יהוה your Elohim, from the flock and the herd, in the place where יהוה chooses to put His Name.
Deu 16:3 “Eat no leavened bread with it. For seven days you eat unleavened bread with it, bread of affliction, because you came out of the land of Mitsrayim in haste – so that you remember the day in which you came out of the land of Mitsrayim, all the days of your life.
Deu 16:4 “And no leaven should be seen with you in all your border for seven days, neither should any of the meat which you slaughter in the evening on the first day stay all night until morning.
Deu 16:5 “You are not allowed to slaughter the Passover within any of your gates which יהוה your Elohim gives you,
Deu 16:6 but at the place where יהוה your Elohim chooses to make His Name dwell
, there you slaughter the Passover in the evening, at the going down of the sun, at the appointed time you came out of Mitsrayim.
Deu 16:7 “And you shall roast and eat it in the place which יהוה your Elohim chooses, and in the morning you shall turn and go to your tents.

Here are some points and counterpoints:

Here is a portion of an article by Yakob Wolfaardt (a collaborator of C.J. Koster's)

Quote:
Should we still "offer" a Passover lamb?

I have personally stumbled over this question for over 20 years. I have taken up debates with fellow believers more than once, and the longer I debated with them, the more convinced I became of my wrongdoing, of my twisting of Scripture. I have neglected this command for a total of 20 Passovers, and ask Yahueh for forgiveness for not fulfilling His command for 20 years.

If we profess to be part of Yisrael, we should be reminded of the Torah we should observe - the whole Torah, not just part of it. Regarding the Pesach, the Torah teaches the following simple command, "And you shall guard this word as a law for you and your sons, forever." Shem. / Ex. 12:24. Torah teaches us, saying, "There is one Torah for the native-born (Yisraelite by birth) and for the stranger who sojourns among you."

The word 'sacrifice' and 'offer' brings a misconception regarding the Pesach "offering". The Hebrew word used has nothing to do with an offering, but means to slaughter or kill. More correctly translated, we should speak of the Passover slaughtering. All offerings were done by the priests. They were of the tribe of Levi. The Passover however was slaughtered by each household, and roasted and eaten by each household. It was never an offering such as was performed by the Levitical priests.

The slaughtering and eating of a Pesach lamb commemorates the coming out of Mitsrayim (land of sin), where the first-born of Yisrael were spared, whereas the first-born of Mitsrayim died, and more important, Yahushua who died for us. In slaughtering a Pesach lamb we most definitely do not return to offerings, trampling underfoot the blood of Yahushua. No, we enhance His death - we commemorate that He died for our sins - we think of the cruel death He died in our stead.

It is difficult to return to the complete observance of Torah for many. We rather think of all the possible excuses why we should not observe certain aspects of Torah than to think of the reasons why we should.

EXCUSES

Some of these excuses, which I also had for many years include the following:

"Offering" a lamb is denying Yahushua as Messiah?

The only Scripture quoted to support this argument is 1 Cor. 5:7,8, which reads, "Therefore cleanse out the old leaven (sin), so that you are a new lump, as you are unleavened (without sin). For also Messiah our Passover was offered for us. So then let us observe the festival, not with old leaven, nor with the leaven of evil and wickedness, but with the unleavened bread of sincerity and truth."

How can we deny Him if we observe the Torah? This is not possible. We have seen from the Torah that with the first Pesach institution, it was to be guarded (or taught) as a law forever. (Shem. / Ex. 12:24). Why do we still observe unleavened bread? Why do we still fast on Yom Kippur? Why do we eat kosher? - because the Torah teaches us to do so! For the same reason we should still observe the complete Pesach instituted in the Torah!

We can only keep the feast in Yerushalayim - where He has placed His Name ?

Where is the Name of Yahueh today? We know that He once placed His Name in Yerushalayim, and that is where His Name is supposed to be! Dev. / Deut. 16:5,6.

Yahushua said, "For where two or three are gathered together in My Name, there I am in their midst." Matt. 18:20. If we observe Pesach as believers calling upon the Name of Yahueh, we are certain that we should observe Pesach as instituted in the Torah

This is a snippet of an article that was written by J.D. McKee(Obviously this article has to do with the Pesach and circumcision, but the content is relevant to our discussion):

Quote:
Secondly, we all have to realize that none of us are observing the Passover perfectly, and our Passover sedars are, at best, memorials of the Passover. Deuteronomy 16:5 says that “You are not allowed to sacrifice the Passover in any of your towns which the Lord your God is giving you.” The Passover lamb was only permitted to be sacrificed in Jerusalem at the Temple. This is why Ashkenazic Jews do not eat lamb at Passover. The reason we should not require physical circumcision of all males attending a Messianic Passover sedar, is the fact that we are in the Diaspora, and we are memorializing the Passover, rather than following it strictly as the Torah prescribes.

Obviously this article had to do with the Pesach and circumcision, but the content is relevant to our discussion.

I do believe that all of the offerings attached to ALL moedim will be reinstated. I think we can agree that the Pesach is the grand-daddy of all Moedim and basically made the rest of the Moedim even feasible. Why of all the Moedim would Pesach be the one that is cast off when it is the one that people need the most reminding off. I am in complete accord with KP in regards that the Millenial Temple's offerings and slaughterings will be fully restored and practiced for the very necessary purpose of reminding the people of the eternal realities of the offerings, slaughterings, and Moedim represent. The Talmidim apparently believed (through their continual patronage and visitation of the Hekel) that Yahushua did not do away with the "ceremonial" (so-called) side Torah and in a more specific way the importance of the Temple and the practices that took place there. But I have to admit that that I am in agreement with the position of J.D. McKee, that our observance of the Moedim are at best memorials...shadows of shadows. I am saddened by this reality, and mourn the loss of the Temple. You see I don't think that we are to take the position that most Believers take about Yerushalayim and the Hekel of YHWH...the, "Yippee, Jesus came, so we don't need no stinkin' temple or it's tired old sacrificial system" mentality. The loss of the Temple and all that goes along with it was and is a great tragedy. Yahushua mourned for Yerushalayim and for the temple before the destruction even came....but I know that the Temple has been taken away for a reason. So that Israel and indeed the world might put priority in the Message rather than the messenger. But in the end I think we need to be very very careful that in our zealousness for Torah that we do not disregard it and set up our own systems. No matter how we desire it, and believe me....I can say for myself that I DESIRE IT. I desire to go up to Yerushalayim as a city bursting with Pilgrims, hundreds of Levites singing the hallel, shofars blowing, cymbals crashing, a crowd numbering in the thousands thunderously assenting to the Birkat Kohanim...("Ken Yehi Ratson"), The alter streaming with blood, the gutters overflowing, the terrible bleeting of innocent kids and lambs....Pesach in all it's Horrible yet Beautiful Glory...in all it's Sorrowful Joy...I desire it more than words can say. But at this time..it just isn't to be. The best way to observe these Moedim is to realize what they mean...observe and understand and reflect...and share. A day will come when Pesach is filled up once more BEYOND it's original glory. Indeed, sooner than we think. What we can do now is mark the days to that point with patience (something I admit I am constantly at odds with a la "return Shiloh and speedily") in a fruitful manner. I think that we can memorialize with a meal of lamb and I wouldn't dream to think the partaking of lamb on Pesach to be innapproriate, there isn't even a consensus on that among the Yahudim. The Ashkanazim observe such a ban, while lamb is an important part of Sephardic and Mizrachi observance. I am not saying that I put all that much stock into the rabbinic practices, but I am just trying to illustrate a point. But this much I say...we can play word games to get what we want. We can justify impure motives through the tweeking of semantics. Keep that in mind if you consider slaughtering a kid or lamb on the 14th.

Now that I have offered my very long winded and ostentatious opinion...I humbly seek an answer to a question. The smearing of the blood on the lintel and doorposts was a one time deal. Do you think this yet another prophetic implication of Messiah? If so, how?

Yibarakhem YHWH,

Shalom82
YHWH's ordinances are true, and righteous altogether.
Offline visitor  
#10 Posted : Sunday, August 31, 2008 2:01:44 AM(UTC)
visitor

Thanks for your reply Shalom82. After reading this, I'm still a little unclear - do you slaughter a lamb on Passover?
Offline Matthew  
#11 Posted : Sunday, August 31, 2008 3:14:43 AM(UTC)
Matthew
Man

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 2 post(s)
visitor wrote:
After reading this, I'm still a little unclear - do you slaughter a lamb on Passover?

I still have the same question visitor?

This past Passover I bought a piece of lamb from the local supermarket, and cooked it over fire. Is that cool? I also had unleavened bread with wine, and I put loads of herbs on the lamb because I didn't understand what "bitter herbs" meant.

I have been dealing with this topic on another forum, I have gotten some pretty nasty responses. Some don't even believe in the Millennium, some go as far as saying the book of Revelation was fulfilled when the previous temple was destroyed. Then there's that constant "it was a shadow of things to come and has now been fulfilled" statement that I have to try explain.
Offline Robskiwarrior  
#12 Posted : Sunday, August 31, 2008 3:52:31 AM(UTC)
Robskiwarrior
Man

I think there is a real danger of pushing too far into trying to get things perfect, rather than seeing the main importance of the feast itself. Remember, the symbols and ideas behind passover are a shadow - but the point of them as a shadow is to get the meaning. What I am trying to say is it's more important to understand passover, and observe the feast as best you can, than to "cross every t and dot every i"...

Therefore if we understand what the feast is for, and the shadows that it projects, then we are on the money. Unfortunately we are not in the position to fulfil all of the feasts to the letter, and we won't be for a few years, but that's not the issue. The issue is: do you understand them? AND do you set aside the time that Yah specified for them, whilst giving Him thanks and praise for the glorious solution He has freely given us?

Let's not get tied up in trying to get it perfect - let's just get better at it each year, each time remembering the sacrifice.

Edited by moderator Sunday, August 31, 2008 6:08:48 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Signature Updated! Woo that was old...
Offline Icy  
#13 Posted : Sunday, August 31, 2008 5:37:40 AM(UTC)
Icy
Man

Jake,

To answer your question, I certainly do think that the smearing of blood on the lintel and doorposts is another prophetic implication of Messiah. I think either Yada or kp touched upon this themselves, but I do not remember where. If you look at the doorway, it has an upright post (two actually) and the lintel, the same as the upright pole (which I believe was more of a T than a t). This was a doorway to being saved, if you were behind that doorway, you were passed over. This is the same with the upright pole, it is a doorway as well, a doorway to everlasting life. If you are behind it, then judgement will pass over you.

I like how you mention that it was a one time deal, this fits perfectly with Yahushua's sacrifice being necessary only one time as well. His blood only need be shed and smeared on that pole one time, we simply have to accept his gift.
Offline shalom82  
#14 Posted : Sunday, August 31, 2008 9:03:32 AM(UTC)
shalom82

Yeah, Icy I thought that was pretty cool, myself. I got the whole blood on lintel and doorposts forshadowing blood on stauros...but I never realized the one time nature of the commandment till last night.
YHWH's ordinances are true, and righteous altogether.
Offline visitor  
#15 Posted : Sunday, August 31, 2008 11:25:14 AM(UTC)
visitor

OK, so I gather that Shalom82 is not actually slaughtering a lamb on Passover. Is that correct? So, if this sacrifice is no longer required, why are the others?

Thanks.
Offline kp  
#16 Posted : Sunday, August 31, 2008 12:14:58 PM(UTC)
kp

We need to keep something straight in our minds, my friends. Literal sacrifices, where lambs, rams, bulls, or goats are slain and either burned or cooked on an altar, accompanied with grain offerings permeated with olive oil and drink offerings of wine poured out onto the ground, can ONLY be performed at the duly-dedicated temple or tabernacle by consecrated priests from the family of Aaron. Since we do not know who these men are today, nor is there a standing temple, literal sacrifices cannot be legally performed according to the Torah. The fact that this circumstance will change during the Millennium---the temple will be rebuilt and the priesthood (led by the sub-family of Zadok---see Ezekiel 40:46) will be reinstituted---doesn't change the reality of the situation for us today. We cannot---and indeed must not---offer literal sacrifices until Yahshua makes it possible. (See Future History, chapter 27: "The Millennial Temple," for the particulars.)

However, there is incalcuable value in the instructions Yahweh left for us concerning the Levitical sacrifices. They're discussed sporadically throughout The Owner's Manual. If we're willing to open our eyes to them, the precepts of Moses concerning the sacrifices are a detailed and comprehensive treatise explaining how we are to receive the atonement and cleansing provided by Yahshua our Messiah. Figuratively, the sacrifices are all instructive of how Yahweh's Messiah would achieve our reconciliation and redemption. Each type of sacrificial animal means something different; each non-bloody element (grain, oil, wine, etc.) has significance and instructional value. It's information we ignore at our peril.

But the Law is clear: literal sacrifices (whether done out of reverent remembrance of Yahweh's instructions or blind, unthinking obedience to the Torah's letter) are today impossible and illegal! That's not to say you can't roast a leg of lamb on Passover and use it as a centerpiece with which to instruct your family and enjoy a love feast with our God---that's not the same thing as "offering a sacrifice." But on this side of the Millennium, we must see the fulfillment of the sacrifices' promise in Yahshua, or not at all. There is no middle ground.

kp
Offline visitor  
#17 Posted : Sunday, August 31, 2008 2:20:20 PM(UTC)
visitor

Thanks kp, but regarding the necissity of the Levitical priesthood for sacrifices, Shalom82 included this information in one of his previous posts:

Quote:
The word 'sacrifice' and 'offer' brings a misconception regarding the Pesach "offering". The Hebrew word used has nothing to do with an offering, but means to slaughter or kill. More correctly translated, we should speak of the Passover slaughtering. All offerings were done by the priests. They were of the tribe of Levi. The Passover however was slaughtered by each household, and roasted and eaten by each household. It was never an offering such as was performed by the Levitical priests.

So, just to be clear on this point - is the actual slaughtering of a Passover lamb by each household still required or not?

Additionally, if these animail or other sacrifices point to the Messiah. What did Yahshua mean when the He said:

Quote:
When Jesus had tasted it, he said, “It is finished!” Then he bowed his head and released his spirit.
(John 19:30)

Not to be flippant, but what did He really mean here, "It's almost finished," "It's half finished," "It's finished until the next sacrifice?" Like kp says, aren't all of these sacrifices meant to teach us something? Are they to teach us about the ultimate sacrifice Yahshua would make for us? Isn't His sacrifice sufficient? If so, why must they continue? Am I missing something here?

The Catholics, applying their own twisted logic, will tell you that the Eucharist is a "propitiatory" sacrifice - that the "grace" of Jesus' sacrifce on Calvary is repeatedly bestowed through the Mass.

If we are to search the Scriptures for the truth and answers to our questions, how would interpret the following verses:

Quote:
For I desire mercy, not sacrifice,
and acknowledgment of God rather than burnt offerings.

(Hosea 6:6)

New International Version (NIV)

Quote:
I want you to show love,
not offer sacrifices.
I want you to know me
more than I want burnt offerings.

(Hosea 6:6)

New Living Translation (NLT)

Quote:

[b]If you had known what these words mean, 'I desire mercy, not sacrifice,' you would not have condemned the innocent.

(Matthew 12:7)

Offline Yada  
#18 Posted : Monday, September 1, 2008 3:07:11 AM(UTC)
Yada

I seem to remember something about the Passover sacrifice being made at the same time Yahshua died and escaping. I asked Rob about it and whether or not he could remember anything in Scripture about it. He couldn't and thought it was only a myth.

A quick search online produced this reference to it on an SDA site:

Quote:
"Incidentally at the time of Christ’s death as the high priest was about to offer the Passover lamb Christ’s death caused an earthquake and the lamb escaped. At His death Christ was the true Passover lamb. Also as you know the veil of the temple was torn down the middle signifying the end of the sacrificial system. Another noteworthy point is that as Christ rested on the Sabbath after the finish of creation week He also rested in the grave over the Sabbath hours during His finished work of redemption."

Has anyone heard of this? Is it based in Scripture?
Offline Robskiwarrior  
#19 Posted : Monday, September 1, 2008 3:10:20 AM(UTC)
Robskiwarrior
Man

Well as far as I have seen through the OT, sacrifice was never used as a attonement for sin - but as a picture of what was to come... although Israel turned it into that. So the Hosea quotes and Matthew make sense, because He does not and never has desired sacrifices from us, they were for the benifit of human kind, painting a picture of what was ACTUALLY going to cover sin - the Messiah.

The reason we dont sacrifice now, is because we cant - if we just kill animals where we want, and not as he prescribed we miss the picture - and kinda desecrate the idea of what the temple is, and the priesthood and so on. Also right now we are in a kind of limbo time - everyone knows that according to a few religions "Jesus died for you". The picture of sacrifice can be evidently seen - not being able to sacrifice should make us ask why... then that makes you look... then you find Messiah and His ultimate sacrifice...

The reason we might have the sacrificial system back in the 1000 year reign ( and I say might, because im not 100% positive, but the logic makes very good sense) is like KP said - Being under Yahushua's rule for 1000 years, it would be easy to become complacent - or forgetful. The sacrificial system would be in place to remeber His sacrifice. So instead of looking forward to the sacrifice, we would be looking back at it, and remebering the amazing gift given, for people born in a time where Yahushua was their king.

Its not about the sacrifce, its about getting the picture right for either remeberance or future prophetic reverlation. That applies to every picture He paints.
Signature Updated! Woo that was old...
Offline kp  
#20 Posted : Monday, September 1, 2008 5:13:53 AM(UTC)
kp

Visitor asks a very good question, but one for which I'm not entirely sure I can give a definitive answer. He asks, "So, just to be clear on this point - is the actual slaughtering of a Passover lamb by each household still required or not?" I'd say no, because the "actual slaughtering" was "finished" on Calvary. But let's look at the restrictions placed on Passover in the Torah, one by one.

Exodus 12: "1Now Yahweh spoke to Moses and Aaron in the land of Egypt, saying...3Speak to all the congregation of Israel, saying...24you shall observe this thing as an ordinance for you and your sons forever. 25It will come to pass when you come to the land which the Lord will give you, just as He promised, that you shall keep this service."

Other than reiterating the date, Passover (per se) isn't discussed in either Leviticus 23 or Numbers 28.

But then we get to Deuteronomy 16: "1Observe the month of Abib, and keep the Passover to Yahweh your God, for in the month of Abib Yahweh your God brought you out of Egypt by night. 2Therefore you shall sacrifice the Passover to Yahweh your God, from the flock and the herd, in the place where Yahweh chooses to put His name."

So we see that as a literal rite, Passover was to be celebrated (1) In the land of promise; (2) by the "congregation of Israel" (which admittedly included a few gentile tag-alongs); forever, or "throughout your generations" (Ex 12:14); with a sheep or goat from your own flock; in the "place where Yahweh chooses to put His name," eventually determined to be Jerusalem. If you can't do all of this (and more), then you can't literally "slaughter a Passover lamb." The only way to celebrate the day is to do it figuratively---by recognizing and embracing the prophecy's fulfillment in Yahshua.

kp
Offline visitor  
#21 Posted : Monday, September 1, 2008 5:36:09 AM(UTC)
visitor

At the beginning of this thread, kp wrote:

Quote:
I came to the conclusion that just as the Levitical sacrifices were a picture, a living metaphor, necessary so the Old Covenant saints could grasp the significance of the coming Messiah's act of sacrificial redemption, so too will the Millennial populace need a picture of just how awesome Yahshua's first-advent sacrifice was. You see, the seventh Millennium will be a time when life on earth, under the direct rule of King Yahshua, will be peaceful, prosperous, and downright heavenly. A few generations into it, and folks will begin to lose the sense that there's something to be saved from. Without reinstituted sacrifices, I believe those born during the "thousand-year right" will have a hard time comprehending the magnitude of what the Messiah did for them.

Then by this reasoning, why wouldn't we need the ultimate "picture" of the ultimate sacrifice - now and forever? Just as it states in Scripture.

I'm just trying to understand this by reasoning it out through Scripture. Thanks again for all the great contributions from everyone. It's a great discussion and very insightful. I'm learning a lot.

Again, I'd like to ask - is anyone on this list actually slaughtering a Passover lamb every year?
Offline BiynaYahu  
#22 Posted : Monday, September 1, 2008 5:54:10 AM(UTC)
BiynaYahu
Man

visitor wrote:
At the beginning of this thread, kp wrote:

Then by this reasoning, why wouldn't we need the ultimate "picture" of the ultimate sacrifice - now and forever? Just as it states in Scripture.

I'm just trying to understand this by reasoning it out through Scripture. Thanks again for all the great contributions from everyone. It's a great discussion and very insightful. I'm learning a lot.

Again, I'd like to ask - is anyone on this list actually slaughtering a Passover lamb every year?

Visitor,

It would seem that we are all in agreement with you. It's not that doing the passover sacrifice wouldn't be helpful for us to understand the awesomeness of ma'sehYAH's death, and what he did for us. It's that without the LITERAL temple, and priesthood it is illegal for us to do so. So, now we just have to try extra hard to keep these things in mind. It's time for us to morn the temple, but not as the rabbinicals do not for itself but for what it was symbolic of.

Your loving brother,
Mike Br.
Someone who does not dearly love or welcome, entertain, look fondly upon or cherish people with strong affection or highly esteem them with great favour, goodwill or benevolence, be loyal to or greatly adore them has not known or understood, perceived or realized, noticed or discerned, discovered or observed, experienced or ascertained, learned about or distinguished, comprehended, acknowledged or recognized God*, for concerning this, God* is and exists as brotherly love and affection, good will, esteem and benevolence.
Offline Matthew  
#23 Posted : Monday, September 1, 2008 10:18:57 AM(UTC)
Matthew
Man

Hebrew 8:13 (ISR) "By saying, ‘renewed,’ He has made the first old. Now what becomes old and growing aged is near disappearing."

i'm not trying to divert from topic but I think this is still relevant to the topic. This Hebrews verse gets me. What does Paul mean by "is near disappearing?" I know this section concerns a new heart for the Israelites, something I take to happen during the Tribulation and when He appears in person. But is Paul saying "near disappearing" in regards to the Torah being fully abolished at the end of the Millennium with the creation of a new heaven and eart or did he have some time sooner in mind? To me this verse would link up with Matthew 5:17-20 of the Torah and Prophets not passing away until all is fulfilled.

Quote:

I'm not, I just bought a piece of lamb this past Passover, enough just for me because I celebrated it alone.
Offline Matthew  
#24 Posted : Tuesday, September 9, 2008 5:12:36 AM(UTC)
Matthew
Man

Hebrews 10:16-18 ""This is the covenant that I shall make with them after those days, says Yahuweh, giving My laws into their hearts, and in their minds I shall write them," and, "Their sins and their lawlessnesses I shall remember no more." Now where there is forgiveness of these, there is no longer a slaughter offering for sin."

Paul seems to suggest here that even if a temple was present there would no requirement to slaughter an offering for sin.

This temple thing is so confusing, I find it incredibly difficult to grasp, especially the difference between the Old and Renewed Covenants. Why weren't those before Yahushua imparted with His Spirit, or were they? Scriptures certainly suggest that there were people who had His Spirit, like David praying that God does not remove His Spirit from him, and the temple embroiderers who were imparted to carry out certain tasks.

However, I think I might be able to answer the question myself if I do some pondering, because Scriptures clearly teach that if, and when, the temple is present then we are to go every year to celebrate the feasts as it mentions in Zechariah 14:17-19

Zechariah 14:16-19 "And it shall be that all who are left from all the gentiles which came up against Yerushalayim, shall go up from year to year to bow themselves to the Sovereign, of hosts, and to observe the Festival of Booths. And it shall be, that if anyone of the clans of the earth does not come up to Yerushalayim to bow himself to the Sovereign, of hosts, on them there is to be no rain. And if the clan of Mitsrayim does not come up and enter in, then there is no rain. On them is the plague with which Yahuweh plagues the gentiles who do not come up to observe the Festival of Booths. This is the punishment of Mitsrayim and the punishment of all the gentiles that do not come up to observe the Festival of Booths."

But this passage in Zechariah is not a new law but one already established in Deuteronomy 16:16a "Three times a year all your males appear before Yahuweh your Elohim in the place which He chooses: at the Festival of Unleavened Bread, and at the Festival of Weeks, and at the Festival of Booths."

Let's hope Paul can shed some light in Hebrews 10:1-4 "For the Torah, having a shadow of the good matters to come, and not the image itself of the matters, was never able to make perfect those who draw near with the same slaughter offerings which they offer continually year by year. Otherwise, would they not have ceased to be offered? Because those who served, once cleansed, would have had no more consciousness of sins. But in those offerings is a reminder of sins year by year. For it is impossible for blood of bulls and goats to take away sins." It's not about the lamb but it's about the Lamb. The lamb serves as a shadow, not to be done a way with but rather as a continual reminder of Yahushua. We could say this is similar to our mothers (read: Spirit) having to continually remind us to clean up after ourselves. If she (read: She) didn't keep warning us then we might forget it, she had foreknowledge that one day we will need to get ourselves a husband (read: Husband, for argument sake I am a female now, representing the Ekklesia and Jews) so after some time she took drastic measures and whipped our be-hinds so that it would be imparted in our hearts, she basically imparted herself into us, she knew that if we treated our house like a pigsty we would never be able to have a proper relationship with a husband (read: Husband).

Paul says that if the lambs could cleanse sin completely then they would cease being offered, this is suggested by the question "Otherwise, would they not have ceased to be offered?" and also by the phrase "Now where there is forgiveness of these, there is no longer a slaughter offering for sin." But if I'm not mistaken he is not suggesting that there is no longer a requirement for the temple but just highlighting the fact that sacrifices serve as a shadow, a continual reminder of what really happened, to help us understand Yahuweh better. Which will inevitably provide the Millennium mortals with some perspective of the Sacrifice.

So in conclusion: the Renewed Covenant is slowly worked into our hearts by the Spirit, it's not a sudden complete knowledge of the Torah in our hearts. I think this is where Christains falter, "I have the law written on my heart! Sabbath? What Sabbath rest?"
Offline visitor  
#25 Posted : Friday, September 19, 2008 5:17:37 PM(UTC)
visitor

I'm still trying to figure this whole thing out. I came across this earlier today in my reading of Yada Yahweh/Ma'sehyah, Implement of Yah:

Quote:
Here is why I believe the two explanations are both correct and why they were both intended. Yahushua replayed the exact same riddle hours before He would embody it. Yahushua said, "I am able to destroy the Temple of God and rebuild it in three days." (Matthew 26:61) The Ma'sehyah was speaking about His body, the Temple of Yahuweh on earth and His own resurrection even though most who heard Him thought that He was speaking about the building on Mount Moriah and its construction. And in a way He was. Yahweh would see to it that the Temple itself would be destroyed by a ruler who would come, and within a short time of His resurrection because with His perfect and enduring sacrifice, Temple atonements were no longer desirable or useful.

I've also been reading Isaiah and it seems to me a theme that is constantly repeated is how Yahuweh is tired of all the animal sacrifices. For example:

Quote:
Isaiah 1:11
"The multitude of your sacrifices— what are they to me?" says the LORD. "I have more than enough of burnt offerings, of rams and the fat of fattened animals; I have no pleasure in the blood of bulls and lambs and goats.
(New International version)

Another rendering of this verse:

Quote:
Isaiah 1:11 (New Living Translation)

11 “What makes you think I want all your sacrifices?”
says the Lord.
“I am sick of your burnt offerings of rams
and the fat of fattened cattle.
I get no pleasure from the blood
of bulls and lambs and goats.

Again, as I continue to read, its difficult to understand the justification behind and the need for these animal sacrifices to continue during the Millenium Sabbath.

Offline bitnet  
#26 Posted : Saturday, September 20, 2008 8:40:57 PM(UTC)
bitnet

Shalom,

One of the reasons why the sacrifices will be required is to remind man of their mortality and their dependence upon the Creator. None of the sacrifices can do anything for Yahweh but has all to do with mankind. In order to present such sacrifices they will have a need to know the "who, what, where, when, why, how, and which" and conduct themselves in such a way as to be presentable for such sacrifices. If you think deeper into how people will have live before presenting themselves and offer sacrifices in Yahrushalayim, you can start to figure out the Scriptural texts as explained by KP and Yada. The latest chapter in TOM II is especially enlightening.
The reverence of Yahweh is the beginning of Wisdom.