logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Yada  
#1 Posted : Monday, April 28, 2008 11:35:30 PM(UTC)
Yada

CNN carried this story about 3 tornados hitting Virginia. One eyewitness claims the tornados suddenly appeared where minutes before there was nothing - strange.

You can watch the CNN video here.
If you'd like to join the YY Study Group room on Paltalk - just click here. The lockword is: yadayahweh
You can download the free software here.
Hope to see everyone on Paltalk!
WARNING: Do not give out personal information (name, address, etc.) to anyone on Paltalk - ever!
Offline Icy  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, April 29, 2008 1:17:04 AM(UTC)
Icy
Man

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 2 post(s)
I couldn't watch the video. But, my wife told me yesterday that a tordado struck by the mall that is a few miles from her parents house. I grew up with tornados, living in tordado alley, but since I've been in VA, I have not heard anything about them until now. This is certainly rare. Not much different than the rare earthquake in the midwest last week (or was it the week before).
Offline Robskiwarrior  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, April 29, 2008 3:58:17 AM(UTC)
Robskiwarrior
Man

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
and the english earthquake, our strongest for years...
Signature Updated! Woo that was old...
Offline bitnet  
#4 Posted : Tuesday, April 29, 2008 4:42:11 AM(UTC)
bitnet

Shalom All,

Looks like the four horsemen are starting out early... In Asia we are facing rice shortages and there is a report by the WHO that food prices are on the rise. The speculation that oil is going to go to US$200 per barrel is going to kill productivity and make matters worse. Anyone has land where we can raise crops and rear farm animals? Time to invest and start a chain of farms across the world to support ourselves...
The reverence of Yahweh is the beginning of Wisdom.
Offline Icy  
#5 Posted : Friday, May 9, 2008 5:11:58 AM(UTC)
Icy
Man

We've got another tornado watch going on in VA today. Even a tornado watch is rare around here.
Offline Matthew  
#6 Posted : Friday, May 9, 2008 8:48:42 AM(UTC)
Matthew
Man

Robskiwarrior wrote:
and the english earthquake, our strongest for years...

Brazil had a 5.2 magnitude earthquake on 22 April at 9pm, its epicenter was about 165 miles (270 kms) southeast of São Paulo, about 120 miles off the coast. I was washing the dishes at the time, didn't feel it though, just assumed someone in the apartment above dropped something heavy.

I enjoy watching tornado documentaries :)

Even Brazil has the odd rare tornado.
Offline kp  
#7 Posted : Friday, May 9, 2008 9:53:11 AM(UTC)
kp

Tornados, earthquakes, tsunamis, hurricanes, cyclones... it's all the same thing in Greek: seismos---a word used not only to describe earthquakes but also a violent tempest on the lake of Galilee. It's one of the specific signs hearlding the last days, along with (1) false christs, (2) wars and rumors of war, (3) famine (anybody seen a newspaper lately?), and (4) pestilences---plural: take your pick. All of these together are called the "beginning of sorrows" in Matthew 24:5-7. And all of these signs are here now, in spades. Ready or not, here He comes.

kp
Offline bitnet  
#8 Posted : Friday, May 9, 2008 6:12:53 PM(UTC)
bitnet

Shabbat Shalom,

Look at what the cyclone did to Myanmar! But wait! The real disaster is in how the Myanmar junta is using the tragedy for their own benefit. They are taking all donations but denying visas to foreign aid workers. Nothing can be monitored! Sorrows are being multiplied. Time to prep house, guys and gals. Like my late dad used to say as a scoutmaster, "Be prepared!" Have you built your "spiritual ark" yet? Time to get going!
The reverence of Yahweh is the beginning of Wisdom.
Offline Yada  
#9 Posted : Tuesday, June 3, 2008 5:59:18 PM(UTC)
Yada

Speaking of tornadoes, did anyone see this video footage:

Quote:
Tornado caught on bank camera 0:45
A bank camera from First State Bank captures footage of a deadly tornado ripping through the bank in Parkersburg, Iowa

Scary.

You can watch the video clip here.
If you'd like to join the YY Study Group room on Paltalk - just click here. The lockword is: yadayahweh
You can download the free software here.
Hope to see everyone on Paltalk!
WARNING: Do not give out personal information (name, address, etc.) to anyone on Paltalk - ever!