logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Yada  
#1 Posted : Thursday, April 24, 2008 5:07:26 PM(UTC)
Yada

CNN carried this story today on its web site:

Body of Saint goes on display
Thousands flock to see the exhumed body of St. Padre Pio on the exhibit's opening day. CNN's Jennifer Eccleston reports.

You can watch the story here.
If you'd like to join the YY Study Group room on Paltalk - just click here. The lockword is: yadayahweh
You can download the free software here.
Hope to see everyone on Paltalk!
WARNING: Do not give out personal information (name, address, etc.) to anyone on Paltalk - ever!
Offline Icy  
#2 Posted : Friday, April 25, 2008 1:23:38 AM(UTC)
Icy
Man

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 2 post(s)
I saw that headline, but had no real desire to watch it. Why did they exhume the guy's body?
Offline Yada  
#3 Posted : Friday, April 25, 2008 2:56:49 AM(UTC)
Yada

You got me...I posted a thread some time ago entitled, "Rags & Rotten Bones." This is nothing new to the RCC - they've been doing it for centuries (albeit with a few twists). There seems to be a preoccupation (even fascination) with death and all things that have died - bodies of "saints," holy relics (bones, teeth, bits of hair), even the supposed "milk of Mary." Go figure.
Yada attached the following image(s):
john paul with strange look.jpg
If you'd like to join the YY Study Group room on Paltalk - just click here. The lockword is: yadayahweh
You can download the free software here.
Hope to see everyone on Paltalk!
WARNING: Do not give out personal information (name, address, etc.) to anyone on Paltalk - ever!
Offline Icy  
#4 Posted : Friday, April 25, 2008 6:30:56 AM(UTC)
Icy
Man

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 2 post(s)
I went and read the article: here.

Italians think this guy is greater than the Catholic's beloved Mary:

Quote:
A poll in 2006 by Catholic magazine Famiglia Cristiana found that more Italian Catholics prayed to Padre Pio than to any other figure, including the Virgin Mary or Jesus. His picture is stuck to the dashboards of many taxis and cars throughout Italy.

Eighty-year-old Assunta Antico attended the Mass sitting in a wheelchair and was covered with a shawl in the same deep brown that Padre Pio wore. "I had a stroke two years ago. I'm paralyzed and I want to walk again."

This town is home to a large hospital founded by the monk and many hotels and restaurants cater to the pilgrim trade.

As of Friday, the first of 750,000 people who have made reservations to see the body between now and December will file past the glass coffin at a rate of about 7,200 a day.

There are about 3,000 "Padre Pio Prayer Groups" in the world, with a membership of 3 million. Pope John Paul made him a saint in 2002 before one of the biggest Vatican crowds.

Among the stories that surround the monk, who died at the age of 81, is one that he wrestled with the devil one night in his monastery cell and emerged bloodied and bruised.

However, he was dogged by accusations of fraud. A book last year suggested he was a self-harming man who might have used carbolic acid to cause his wounds. [According to the article, he had "stigmata".] Church officials have denied he was a fake.
Offline bitnet  
#5 Posted : Friday, April 25, 2008 6:50:19 AM(UTC)
bitnet

Shabbat Shalom,

Looks like someone is bored stiff with all that Padre Pio stuff...

People are always drawn to the unusual: shrouds with images, weeping statues, ashes falling from pictures, signs in the skies, bodies that do not decompose normally, chickens with three legs, cows with five legs, the alignment of the planets or stars... the list goes on and on and on. Anything visible seems to draw people but "faith is the evidence of things unseen," and not many people want to teach this because it is a hard thing to do. It is hard enough to understand the things that are seen let alone the things that are unseen. And when they do belief in things unseen, it is usually the wrong thing! But the good part is that if people are willing to believe in things unseen, we do have a chance to set them straight. Right? :-) Personally, I'd settle for setting the record straight rather than setting the people straight, but then again we are tasked with more than that, right? Sigh! Time to pull some more rabbits out of hats... Oh wait... that season has passed...
The reverence of Yahweh is the beginning of Wisdom.
Offline CK  
#6 Posted : Friday, May 2, 2008 6:54:42 PM(UTC)
CK

Ghoulish. . .