logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Yada  
#1 Posted : Sunday, April 20, 2008 5:00:30 AM(UTC)
Yada

I was reading tonight in: Yada Yahweh, Book V : Good News, Historic Fulfillments, Chapter 4, Histemi, Standing Upright , The Crucifixion and Resurrection... and wondered about what the specific meaning of, "that the Son (Hyios) of ΑΝΘΥ (placeholder for anthropos, Man)" was? Additionally, what are these 7 names and titles?

Can anyone shed some light on this or point me in the right direction? Swalchy?

Quote:
When their words were recorded, it was the morning of April 3, 33. It was also the Miqra' of FirstFruits. "Now on the one (heis) Sabbath (sabbaton), very early in the morning (orthros - at daybreak), they [the Galilean women], and certain others with them, came to the tomb carrying the spices (aroma - perfume) which they had prepared. But (de) they found the stone rolled away from the tomb. And they went in and did not find the body (soma - corpse) of the ΚΥ ΙΥ (Sovereign Yahushua). In that they were perplexed concerning this, behold two men became present standing by them in garments that lit up like stars (astrapto). Frightened, they inclined their faces to the ground. And they [the angelic messengers] said to them, 'Why do you seek the living among the dead (nekros - departed who are separated and destitute of life)? He is not here (hode - in this place), but He has stood up and has risen (egeiromai - has been caused to exist, has been healed, and has been restored to life)! Remember how He spoke to you when He was still in Galilee, saying, "It is necessary, proper, and beneficial (dei) that the Son (Hyios) of ΑΝΘΥ (placeholder for anthropos, Man) be delivered into (paradidomi - given over to) the hands of (cheir - agency or control of) perpetually sinful men, be placed upon an ΣΡΩΘΗΥΑΙ (upright pole from stauroo, a vertical beam; based on stauros, meaning an upright stake), and on the third day rise (anistemi - appear and arise from the dead)."' And they remembered His words." (Luke 24:1-8) (While I understand that the Greek characters used in all of the Renewed Covenant manuscripts written prior to Constantine may be distracting, it's important that you know that the seven most important Hebrew names and titles, and most especially Yahuweh and Yahushua, were never written out, but only rendered with divine placeholders.)

Think I just found it...a little later in the same chapter:

Quote:
This could be one of the reasons we find the seven abbreviated placeholders for all of the divine titles and names in the Greek text: Yahushua/Iesous/"Jesus", 'Elohym/Theos/God, the 'Edon/Kurios/Master, Ruach/Pneuma/Spirit, 'Ab/Pater/Father, Ben/Hios/Son, and Messiah/Chrios/"Christ". Those with Yahushua knew and used the actual Hebrew names.

However, I have always been curious about the title, "Son of Man." I'll run a search on YY but any additional insights would be appreciated. Thanks.
If you'd like to join the YY Study Group room on Paltalk - just click here. The lockword is: yadayahweh
You can download the free software here.
Hope to see everyone on Paltalk!
WARNING: Do not give out personal information (name, address, etc.) to anyone on Paltalk - ever!
Offline bitnet  
#2 Posted : Sunday, April 20, 2008 5:35:48 AM(UTC)
bitnet

Hmmm... good question, Yada. The term "Son of Man" as I understand it is to present the mortality of Yahushua and His existence as a human being like the rest of us. As for the seven names as popularly taught regarding the Creator by the Hebrews, the following is found in the Jewish Encyclopedia (www.jewishencyclopedia.com):

The Seven Names.

The number of divine names that require the scribe's special care is seven: El, Elohim, Adonai, Yhwh, Ehyeh-Asher-Ehyeh, Shaddai, and Ẓeba'ot. R. Jose, however, considered Ẓeba'ot a common name (Soferim iv. 1; Yer. R. H. i. 1; Ab. R. N. xxxiv.; "Sefer Yeẓirah," ix.). R. Ishmael held that even Elohim is common (Sanh. 66a). All other names, such as Merciful, Gracious, and Faithful, merely represent attributes that are common also to human beings (Sheb. 35a). The prohibition of blasphemy, for which capital punishment is prescribed, refers only to the Name proper—Yhwh (Soferim iv., end; comp. Sanh. 66a). In many of the passages in which "clohim" occurs in the Bible it refers to Gentile deities, or in some instances to powerful or learned men (comp. Gen. iii. 5; ), to judges (Ex. xxi. 6), or to Israel (Ps. lxxxi. 9, lxxxii. 6; see Tan., Ḳedoshim). Adonai sometimes refers to a distinguished person (comp. Gen. xviii. 3). Even the name Yhwh, misused in the narrative of Micah (Judges xvii. 2, 3, 13; xviii. 6), is not a divine name, according to the decisive authority (Sheb. 35b). A list of all the doubtful divine names found in the Scriptures is given in Soferim and in the codes.

The Talmud says Shalom ("Peace"; Judges vi. 23) is the name of God, consequently one is not permitted to greet another with the word "shalom" in unholy places (Shab. 10b). The name Shelomoh (from shalom) refers to the God of Peace, and the Rabbis assert that the Song of Solomon is a dramatization of the love of God: "Shalom" to His people Israel = "Shulamite." "King of kings" in Dan. ii. 37 refers to God. "'Attiḳ Yamin" (ib. vii. 9) refers to the Ancient One of the universe (see Yalḳ., Chron. 1076). The pronoun "Ani" (I) is a name of God (Suk. iv. 5). The first verse in Ezekiel ("we-Ani") refers to God (Tos. Suk. 45a). Hillel's epigram "If I [am] here everything is here" (Suk. 53a) is interpreted as referring to God. The divine names are called in the Talmud "Azkarot," or "Adkarata" in the Aramaic form. Divine names that occur in the handwriting of minim should be excised and buried in the genizah (Shab. 116a; Cant. R. ii. 4). God is named also Ha-Geburah ("The Majesty"; Shab.87a), but generally Ha-Maḳom. ("The Omnipresence"),accompanied with Baruk-hu ("Praised be He"). For other appellations see list below.

It became the custom at an early period to use the name of God in personal greetings, as "The Lord be with thee," or "The Lord bless thee" (Ruth ii. 4; Ber. ix. 1; comp. Mak. 23a). The Greek inquisition in Judea prohibited the utterance of God's name, but when the Hasmoneans became victorious they decreed that the Name should be mentioned even in notes and documents. The formula began: "On . . . in the year of the high priest Johanan, the servant of the Most High God." The sages, however, opposed this innovation, as they thought the Name would be defiled when the notes were canceled and thrown away as useless. Consequently on the third day of Tishri following, the record says, the Rabbis forbade the mention of God's name in documents (Meg. Ta'anit; R. H. 18b).

The names and titles ascribed to MessiYah Yahushua in YY is self-explanatory later on in the chapter. Any help here from anyone else?
The reverence of Yahweh is the beginning of Wisdom.
Offline kleeb  
#3 Posted : Sunday, April 20, 2008 7:54:19 AM(UTC)
kleeb

I too have been curious about the title "Son of Man". The first biblical reference to it is Daniel 7:13, "In my vision at night I looked, and and there before me was one like a son of man, coming with the clouds of heaven". He appeared "as" a son of a man, and we all know he was not. What I am curious about is why Yasushua referred to himself with this title. He referred to himself as Son of Man more than any other title. Lee
Offline Yada  
#4 Posted : Monday, April 21, 2008 3:27:38 AM(UTC)
Yada

I opened eSword and went to Daniel 7:13 to look at the words used for 'Son' and 'Man.' Although eSword's resources are limited, after reading the various definitions given and looking up the associated words/definitions, do you think it would be fair to render "Son of Man" as "Champion of Mankind," or "The Champion of Men"?
If you'd like to join the YY Study Group room on Paltalk - just click here. The lockword is: yadayahweh
WARNING: Do not give out personal information (name, address, etc.) to anyone on Paltalk - ever!
Offline Robskiwarrior  
#5 Posted : Monday, April 21, 2008 6:10:18 AM(UTC)
Robskiwarrior
Man

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
sounds like a good description to me Yada, it fits his role and what swalchy has said too :)
Signature Updated! Woo that was old...
Offline kleeb  
#6 Posted : Monday, April 21, 2008 4:57:03 PM(UTC)
kleeb

Yea Swalchy, that is the same idea that I had. I thought he used this title just to reference Himself with this prophesy. It must have really angered the Saducees and Pharisees. Lee
Offline shalom82  
#7 Posted : Monday, April 21, 2008 5:49:50 PM(UTC)
shalom82

Principle of first usage, baby!!! The constant reference to Dani'el 7:13 by MessiYah does not speak of His humanity but of His...for lack of a better term...divinity and pre-existence. This is the only time in the Covenant Scriptures where MessiYah is referred to as the Son of Man. We see such a strong and significant confirmation that MessiYah is a manifestation of and echad with YHWH in 7:13. Once again...a no holds barred confirmation in the Tanakh and the Besorim that Yahushua is, "who is Elohim over all, forever praised! Amane.

Pretty sure it did make the Guardians of Religion a bit peeved.

Yibarekhem YHWH

Shalom82
YHWH's ordinances are true, and righteous altogether.
Offline Robskiwarrior  
#8 Posted : Tuesday, April 22, 2008 12:07:14 AM(UTC)
Robskiwarrior
Man

thats also very true Shalom, linking Himself to that would have poked the hive a little... :)
Signature Updated! Woo that was old...
Offline Yada  
#9 Posted : Tuesday, August 19, 2008 2:15:53 PM(UTC)
Yada

Speaking of Hebrew names, the following is an exchange between "SH" and Yada:

Quote:
On Tue, Aug 19, 2008 at 6:43 AM, SH wrote:

where did you get this name Yshayah'el?

Yada answers succintly:

Quote:
Read the chapter so designated.

Yada

Here's a link to the chapter, "Yshayah'el: God Exists As Man"