logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline kleeb  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, April 9, 2008 7:07:49 PM(UTC)
kleeb

The Catholic church has found seven more deadly sins with wich to control the people with.
http://news.yahoo.com/s/...ndard/sevennewdeadlysins
Offline Robskiwarrior  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, April 9, 2008 11:09:53 PM(UTC)
Robskiwarrior
Man

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
yea its crazy isnt it... lol
Signature Updated! Woo that was old...
Offline Icy  
#3 Posted : Thursday, April 10, 2008 2:47:20 AM(UTC)
Icy
Man

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Since people overuse medications, much of America is guilty of number 1, Drug Abuse.

What exactly is number 2, Morally Debatable Experimenatation? By having the word "debatable" in there, does that mean that if anyone could debate it, than it is a sin? I could find it debatable that someone wants to experiment with imitation vanilla in there cookie recipie. It is morally wrong to decieve the cookie eaters into thinking they are eating an authintic product.

Number 3, Pollution, we can all be guilty of by simply turning on a light, or at least leaving it on when we leave the room. Or, what about when we don't recyle something we could have?

Number 4, Causing Poverty. Am I guilty of this if I don't donate my money? Am I guilty of this if I get a job over some other guy who really needs it? Would I be guilty of this if I donated everything I had to the poor, and thus put myself in poverty?

Number 5, Social Inequality and Injustice. This simply is. How do you commit this "sin"? If you are better or worse than someone, are you being socially inequal? If I ride first class, aren't I being socially inequal to those in economy class? Who is at fault? Is it their fault for not paying for first class? This is so vague, that simply by society being inequal everyone in existance is guilty and always will be until we are in utopia.

Number 6, Genetic Manipulation. I guess I am going to have to stop the Morally Debatable Genetic Experimentation I am performing in my basement to give myself perfect vision and hearing, as well as super strength.

Number 7, Accumlating Excessive Wealth. I wonder what is considered excessive. I'm sure the Vatican wouldn't implicate themselves. So, I am guessing that excessive Wealth is anything more than what the Vatican has. Since they are the richest "country" in the world, I'm guessing no one is guilty of this one.

What crazy new sins can you come up with?
Offline bitnet  
#4 Posted : Thursday, April 10, 2008 4:31:21 AM(UTC)
bitnet

Shalom All,

Icy... is that an open invitation at the end of your post? ;-) You bet we can come up with more sins! Trouble is how we define "sin" as it seems that the Vatican is not really following the Scriptural definition of sin, which is the transgression of the Law. If so, then practically anything can be defined as sin and would need forgiveness... from you know whom!
The reverence of Yahweh is the beginning of Wisdom.
Offline Icy  
#5 Posted : Thursday, April 10, 2008 8:18:16 AM(UTC)
Icy
Man

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 2 post(s)
That is an open invitation to come up with "sins" in the Vatican format. I know we could easily list sins, as those of us here would just point to the Torah for what constitutes sin. But, I am asking if anyone can come up with something kinda goofy like those above. Something that would have questions like I put to those "sins."
Offline kleeb  
#6 Posted : Thursday, April 10, 2008 6:36:33 PM(UTC)
kleeb

How about being in any was offensive to anyone. This one is very popular with the ultra left. I think this might be the ultimate sin. Lee
Offline shalom82  
#7 Posted : Thursday, April 10, 2008 7:24:15 PM(UTC)
shalom82

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Haha Lee,
I think the motto for todays American society is:
I am offended, therefore I am
YHWH's ordinances are true, and righteous altogether.