logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Yada  
#1 Posted : Monday, April 7, 2008 6:03:46 PM(UTC)
Yada

Has anyone else seen/heard of this? I just found out that Oprah is running free web classes from her web site (www.oprah.com) "teaching" the spiritual principles from a book by Eckhart Tolle, "A New Earth: Awakening to Your Life's Purpose ." I was able to catch the last portion of today's broadcast in which I learned that the word 'perfect' in the verse: "Be perfect, therefore, as your heavenly Father is perfect." Matthew 5:47-48 was mistranslated and should actually be rendered 'whole.' According to them, "Jesus" was actually teaching the "New Earth" spirituality in which through meditation, one can 'observe' the emotional state, thereby 'disconnecting' with your 'pain body. " This allows you to become 'whole' as God is 'whole.' That, according to this "New Earth" philosophy, is the true meaning of Matthew 5:47-48. All of the "lessons" and audio "meditations" are available free online via Oprah's web site and/or iTunes.

I also learned that since we are born of God, we cannot sin. According to "New Earth-ers," there is no sin.

How many millions are being misled by this crap? "New Earth," "New Age," - same old lies.

Speaking of "New Age," you might be interested in watching this 3 part video series: Megiddo II "The New Age"
Part 1 is here.
Part 2 is here.
Part 3 is here.

Edited by user Tuesday, April 8, 2008 8:24:24 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

If you'd like to join the YY Study Group room on Paltalk - just click here. The lockword is: yadayahweh
You can download the free software here.
Hope to see everyone on Paltalk!
WARNING: Do not give out personal information (name, address, etc.) to anyone on Paltalk - ever!
Offline highbrow  
#2 Posted : Monday, April 7, 2008 7:18:13 PM(UTC)
highbrow

Just ran across "The Church of Oprah" on youtube today. Lots of new age stuff. Sad, so very sad.
Offline kleeb  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, April 8, 2008 5:19:12 PM(UTC)
kleeb

It's funny how they pick a verse or two from the bible, and misinterprit it, to show that the bible is not correct. They twist scripture to make Yahweh in mans image. Or whatever image they are pushing this week.
I think of all the years that I wasted time doing just that. If I just looked for the truth and accepted it I would have found what i was looking for so much sooner. Lee
Offline Yada  
#4 Posted : Wednesday, April 9, 2008 4:08:11 AM(UTC)
Yada

Apparently, one of the consistent lies put forward by the "New Age" movement is the belief that man can become God. But, according to the "Megiddo" video series I linked out to earler, even the Catholic Church holds to the same belief - Paragraph 460 of the Catholic Catechism states:

"For the Son of God became man so that we might become God."

Here is the full paragraph:

Quote:
460 The Word became flesh to make us "partakers of the divine nature":"For this is why the Word became man, and the Son of God became the Son of man: so that man, by entering into communion with the Word and thus receiving divine sonship, might become a son of God." "For the Son of God became man so that we might become God." "The only-begotten Son of God, wanting to make us sharers in his divinity, assumed our nature, so that he, made man, might make men gods."

The page the above was taken from is here.

Incredible! No matter where you look - the same deceptions.
Yada attached the following image(s):
Catechism of the Catholic Church.jpg
If you'd like to join the YY Study Group room on Paltalk - just click here. The lockword is: yadayahweh
WARNING: Do not give out personal information (name, address, etc.) to anyone on Paltalk - ever!
Offline kleeb  
#5 Posted : Wednesday, April 9, 2008 6:49:37 PM(UTC)
kleeb

The first deception of satan is still going strong. Lee
Offline bitnet  
#6 Posted : Thursday, April 10, 2008 4:49:00 AM(UTC)
bitnet

Hello All,

Very soon people shall be singing Ave Oprah! Reminds me of a skit by Jeff Dunham and Walter... where Jeff describes the most powerful person in the world whom everybody listens to and looks up to and Walter asks, "Oprah?"

The thing about this lie is that it is not too far off the Truth... in that we shall be like Him. The problem is that people want to claim divinity for themselves and not be rewarded with a spirit life according to their faith and works. Sad thing is that people still believe that they are immortal or have immortal souls and that they shall not die. Truly a deception spoken by the father of lies in the Garden that is going strong today, as bro kleeb says.

Shalom Aleichem
The reverence of Yahweh is the beginning of Wisdom.
Offline Yada  
#7 Posted : Friday, April 11, 2008 1:01:13 AM(UTC)
Yada

Someone just sent me this link to a new video on YouTube called, "The Church of Oprah Exposed." You can watch it here.
Offline shalom82  
#8 Posted : Friday, April 11, 2008 12:05:49 PM(UTC)
shalom82

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Shalom Achim v'achiot sheli,

That Eckhart Tolle is fine little troll. I watched one of his videos (which I always have reservations about looking into things like this, but anyway I did...trying to go in like a Berean), and my brain almost melted out of my ears. What a toxic mixture of saccharin fluff and poison. Flee...Flee for your lives

Yah Bless you all,
shalom82

Edited by user Friday, April 11, 2008 8:07:12 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

YHWH's ordinances are true, and righteous altogether.
Offline Icy  
#9 Posted : Thursday, May 1, 2008 7:42:19 AM(UTC)
Icy
Man

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 2 post(s)
I got this in a forward, so I don't know how accurate it is, nor can I link to it. I haven't even visited the listed website:

Quote:

Just to make sure this was true, I went on Oprah's website and there it is. The below article is very interesting, so I thought I would share.

Subject: Oprah joins false prophets Bible warned about

http://www.crossroad.to/articles2/007/smith-oprah.htm or

'Oprah and Friends' to teach course on New Age Christ

Jesus Christ being reinvented, redefined, and blasphemed and, this false New-Age Christ teaching is about to make huge inroads into the world, with the help of the queen of television talk shows, Oprah Winfrey.

Oprah Winfrey, beginning January 1, 2008, on her daily radio program will offer a year-long course on the New Age Christ , in a lesson a day and completely cover the 365 lessons from the Course in Miracles ' Workbook.'

Listeners will be encouraged to buy A Course in Miracles for the year-long course, and an audio version, recited by Richard (John Boy Walton) Thomas will be available on compact disc.

Those who finish the Course will have a wholly redefined spiritual mindset-a New Age worldview that include the beliefs that there is no sin, no evil, no devil. A Course in Miracles teaches its students to rethink everything they believe about God and life, and, bluntly states: 'This is a course in mind training' and is dedicated to 'thought reversal.'

The Course in Miracles-in reality-is the truth of the Bible turned upside down.

Oprah told her television audience that Williamson's book, A Course in Miracles was one of her favorite books, and that she had already bought a thousand copies and would be handing them out to everyone in her studio audience. Oprah's endorsement skyrocketed Williamson's book to the top of the New York Times bestseller list .

A Course in Miracles is allegedly a 'new revelation' from 'Jesus' to help humanity work through these troubled times. This 'Jesus'-who bears no doctrinal resemblance to the Bible's Jesus Christ-began delivering channeled teachings in 1965 to a Columbia University Professor of Medical Psychology, Helen Schucman.

One day Schucman heard an 'inner voice' stating, 'This is a course in miracles. Please take notes.' For seven years she diligently took spiritual dictation from this voice that described himself as 'Jesus.'

Here are some quotes from the 'Jesus' voice of A Course in Miracles :

. 'There is no sin . . . '

. A 'slain Christ has no meaning.'

. 'The journey to the cross should be the last useless journey.'

. 'Do not make the pathetic error of 'clinging to the old rugged cross.''

. 'The Name of Jesus Christ as such is but a symbol... It is a symbol that is safely used as a replacement for the many names of all the gods to which you pray.'

. 'The recognition of God is the recognition of yourself.'

. 'The Atonement is the final lesson he [man] need learn, for it teaches him that, never having s inned, he has no need of salvation.'

Popular author Wayne Dyer told his PBS television audience that the 'brilliant writing' of A Course in Miracles would produce more peace in the world.

The Course in Miracles-based book, Forgiveness, continues to be sold in Robert Schuller's Crystal Cathedral bookstore as Schuller prepares to host a January 17-19, 2008, 'Rethink Conference' at his Crystal Cathedral.

The emphisis is mine, and I highlighted some stuff in red.

Knowing that "Jesus" is not the name of the Messiah, I wondered, "Could a demon claim to be Yahushua?" If not (which I imagine is the case) then we would never have this sort of problem. This thing speaking to her could have really been named "Jesus," for all we know. This is just another demonstration of why knowing Yahushua's name is important. Heck, maybe the thing actually said it's name was "Gesus." Phonetically, they are the same.

Offline Yada  
#10 Posted : Tuesday, July 8, 2008 6:07:37 AM(UTC)
Yada

Quote:
Oprah’s unorthodox gospel comes under scrutiny
By Adelle M. Banks

Oprah Winfrey has become a catalyst for a new journalistic project and increasing news coverage by conservative Christians questioning and criticizing her spiritual beliefs.

Some evangelical Christians have voiced alarm that Winfrey is introducing the 46 million viewers who watch her each week to nontraditional spirituality they don't condone.

In May, two dozen Christian newspapers pooled their resources to publish an article titled "Oprah's `gospel'" that prompted higher readership and more letters to the editor than any story some of the individual papers had ever published.

In a first-of-its-kind venture, the evangelical newspapers hired Colorado writer and editor Steve Rabey to write the story.

"For some Christians who have considered themselves part of Oprah's electronic family, her sins against evangelical orthodoxy have increased in number and seriousness," Rabey said.

In recent months, Southern Baptist newspaper editors also have written editorials declaring "It's time for Christians to `just say no' to the big `O'" and calling her a source of "foolish twitter and twaddle." And Charisma, a prominent charismatic and Pentecostal magazine, ran a story in its July issue with the headline "Oprah's Strange New Gospel.'"

Lamar Keener, publisher of the Christian Examiner regional newspapers in California, came up with the idea to work with a dozen "mom and pop" publishers to address Winfrey's theology.

"Our point is we want our readers to be aware that what she is teaching does not represent traditional, historical Christianity, according to the Scriptures," said Keener, who also is president of the Evangelical Press Association.

Twenty-three monthly papers from across the country and Canada published the story and distributed 500,000 copies to churches, Christian bookstores, doughnut shops and other outlets.

Keener was inspired after viewing a video titled "The Church of Oprah Exposed," which has had more than 7.2 million hits on YouTube.

"It's taking actual clips off programs," Keener said. "That's what got my attention."

One of Winfrey's quotes highlighted in the story is her belief that "there couldn't possibly be just one way" to God.

"One of the mistakes that human beings make is believing that there is only one way to live," Winfrey said.

A spokesman for Winfrey's Harpo Productions said the celebrity is a Christian.

"Oprah was raised Baptist and has stated many, many times that she is a Christian and that she believes in only one God," said the spokesman, who asked not to be named. "She has also said, `I'm a free-thinking Christian who believes in my way, but I don't believe it's the only way, with 6 billion people on the planet.'"

The spokesman noted Winfrey is hardly alone; 70 percent of Americans said "many religions can lead to eternal life" in a recent survey from the Pew Forum on Religion and Public Life.

Part of the evangelicals' concern stems from Winfrey's recent embrace of Eckhart Tolle's "A New Earth" as the first spiritual book she included in her hugely popular book club. In the July issue of O, The Oprah Magazine, she said the book's advice on "putting the ego in check" had a "profound impact" on her.

"Spirit to me is the essence of who we are," she said. "That essence doesn't require any particular belief. It just is."

Charisma editor J. Lee Grady said Winfrey's recent discussions of hypnotism on her show may have prompted more people to question her views.

He has long thought Winfrey did not embrace "an orthodox belief in Jesus Christ," but he thinks other Christians may just be starting to draw that conclusion, sparked in part by what they learn about her on the Internet.

"There's definitely an alarm because so many people watch her, that she could lead people into New Age belief or deception," he said.

Religion writer Marcia Nelson, author of "The Gospel According to Oprah," said criticism of Winfrey by conservative Christians dates to 1998 when she included a spiritual emphasis on her TV show.

"Back then she got pretty much lambasted the way she is being lambasted now, for telling us what to believe and telling us the wrong thing to believe in, according to conservative Christians," said Nelson.

But Nelson, who studied a year of Winfrey's shows, differs with those who call Winfrey's spiritual ideas "New Age." She says Winfrey would be more related to the "New Thought" movement, which is more mainstream, focusing on positive thinking as a spiritual tool rather than crystals, for example.

"I absolutely regard her as a Christian but ... she's one of those capacious Christians," Nelson said.

(Editor's note: Marcia Nelson and Steve Rabey are occasional correspondents for Religion News Service.)

source
Offline Yada  
#11 Posted : Wednesday, July 16, 2008 8:53:41 AM(UTC)
Yada

From Oprah's web site:

Quote:
Are You Ready to be Awakened?

Millions have experienced Oprah and Eckhart's A New Earth classes. They're transforming their lives and so can you. Sign up now and get access to your personal workbook, an exclusive newsletter, talk with other readers and more! Or dive right in now and start watching past classes.