logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Robskiwarrior  
#1 Posted : Thursday, April 3, 2008 2:16:34 PM(UTC)
Robskiwarrior
Man

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Tony Blair again :)

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk_politics/7327623.stm

Looks like hes gonna be doing some lectures too... Something smells fishy, I don't like this. (other than the whole religion thing)
Signature Updated! Woo that was old...
Offline CK  
#2 Posted : Thursday, April 3, 2008 6:41:45 PM(UTC)
CK

This is an odd article. It's creepy. Aren't the Catholics meeting with the Muslims this fall to discuss their 'mutual' beliefs? Wonder if Mr. Blair will be asked to participate. While I believe the gathering is supposed to be comprised of clerics, one never knows, do one?
Offline Icy  
#3 Posted : Friday, April 4, 2008 2:28:21 AM(UTC)
Icy
Man

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Yeah, the Catholics and Muslims are supposed to get together. Do you think they will realize how much alike they are and propose joining the RCC and Islam? I'm sure they won't, but part of me can actually see that happening. It wouldn't be too out of character for the Catholics to suddenly declare Muhammad a prophet and add the Quran as a Holy Book, and Islam already claims origins in Judeo-Christian areas. I think the real conflict would arise on who gets to have more power and collect all the money.
Offline bitnet  
#4 Posted : Friday, April 4, 2008 6:12:31 AM(UTC)
bitnet

Shabbat Shalom,

Hmmm... Catholics getting together with Muslims to divvy up the booty... NOT! The world is crazy but not up to that extent... "dis town simply ain't big enough fer the two of 'em." There are just too many variables with too many uncertainties, and besides which there is no single Muslim leader, like the pope is for Catholics, for them to cut a deal that shall be acceptable for all parties. Look at what is happening now -- they fight to the death among themselves to gain the highest honour for themselves in the seventh heaven. Sunnis vs Shiites... age old story from the beginning of the religion.

No, I think the Christian leaders -- that includes Catholics -- are aware that the Muslim world is not ready to rein in the Shiites bent on destroying Israel. But nobody is saying it loud enough.

The Sunnis know that the Shiites are planning to do what they Sunnis have failed three times in 1948, 1967 and 1973: destroy Israel. The present Iranian leaders are encouraging Hizbollah and looking at the pinpricks caused by the suicide bombers, but are planning wholesale sacrifice of the country.

They will let loose their nuclear weaponry when it is time -- at Israel, Europe and others -- and they will expect retaliation but it does not matter as it shall be the ultimate act of jihad. Everyone who dies in the retaliation shall be martyrs and those alive shall be victors as there are many more Muslims who would survive than the enemy.

The Saudis know that their holy cities and the capitals of other Arab countries may be glassified and cannot accept that this can happen because of the Shiites quest of immortal glory. The American and European leaders may eventually realise that this possibility may happen but have little stomach for hard decisions. The Asian, African and South American countries may think it does not concern them now but shall want take it up at the appropriate time. Little do they know that when events are in motion it shall rush up to take everyone by surprise.

The war described by Ken Power in Future History shall have already taken away one third of the human population! You'd think that the world would rally together to heal after that but Ken writes otherwise, as revealed in Scripture. It is unfortunate but Scripture says that "the ways of peace men know not," and I am inclined to believe it.

They can all get together to talk today but they will realise there is no way they can dance together. They shall walk away knowing that the future is bleak, and feel helpless to stop the coming disaster. They can only prepare themselves individually and as leaders of their respective religions, and in so doing they will distance themselves further and precipitate greater troubles between their believers.

This meeting between the two religions shall not bring peace, though they may say so otherwise (that it has been good and fruitful), but it shall firm the foundation for the coming troubles. May we soon find those who are to be in our family and may MessiYah Yahushua come soon and save His people!

Shalom Aleichem
The reverence of Yahweh is the beginning of Wisdom.