logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline ipeaco  
#1 Posted : Sunday, July 8, 2007 5:12:19 AM(UTC)
ipeaco

Hi guys, great to see such honest, open and heartfelt testimony on here. As a few of you have mentioned when and how you are meeting together since your revelation, I wanted to ask everyone, who hasn't already made it plain, a few questions:

1. Do you still meet with other believers who don't have a clue about most of this stuff? If so, do you sing songs with 'Jesus' and 'the Lord' in? If so, how does it make you feel?

2. Have you spoken to any non-believers about any of this stuff (i.e. names, the law, feasts, timeline etc..)? If so, how did they react?

3. How do we share this stuff with Chrisitans who already think they know the fundamentals and how can we achieve unity if we are dividing over such fundamental issues as the name of God?

p.s. I'm a close friend of Swalchy and Robskiwarrior who is trying to be as open minded as I can and I'm challenging every doctrine. I'm already convinced of some things, especially the names of Yahweh and Yahshua and am looking heavily at the Law at the moment. I'm also trying to see where we go from here.

Any wisdom fellow truth-seekers?

Ian
Offline FF  
#2 Posted : Sunday, July 8, 2007 6:24:25 AM(UTC)
FF
Man

Welcome Ipeaco,

Yes we are all thinking about what we have been thinking about and questioning everything we thought we knew and everything we are hearing. It has caused us to think for ourselves and not just be lead to slaughter.

You are asking the same questions all of us ask with in a few day of reading Yada Yahweh. A lot of the information we already knew but just did not know how to explain it or express it. In other words what YY was saying registered with our spirit and was being confirmed with the Set-Apart and cleansing Spirit.

We have been called out and gather in familiar and covenant relationship gatherings every week at our home, where we are working at better following Yah’s Plan than Man’s Plan.

So yes we still gather in some places with folks who have not heard Yahweh's name yet.

We replace all the names as we sing if we can. Even though some of the songs we just do not sing, but under our breath we say thank you Yahweh for showing us His name and who He really is, revealing Himself to us more and more every day.

We just share the facts about Yahuweh's Name being replaced 7000 times in the OC and Yahushua's Name being replace 77 times and how mans names of Yahweh and Yahshua are just that. Yah has a personal and proper name just like you do and he likes to be called by it, not Henry or Howard or Horace nor LORD. Most people want to have a personal name to name relationship with Yah. IF I say to you Hey Master, does it feel like you have a choice or you have someone LORDING it over you. He said it should never be like this among you.

Divided is where Denominations came from. How can a God of unity create disunity by starting different denominations? Getting to know Yahweh is not religious only relational is one of the first steps to unity. Second is getting to know Yahweh's name and why it has been hidden all these years really helps. Third unity comes from walking daily with Yah and his set-apart family and keeping the Ten Commandments by the power of His Set-Apart purifying and cleansing Spirit.

Things religion does not like to talk about because it stops the flow of Money and Membership

1. The personal and proper name of Yahuweh and His Son’s name Yahushua
2. The Ten Commandments and how the church is not keeping them
3. The Miqra
4. The Sabbath

Things I know

1. Yahweh Exists
2. Yahweh has a personal name and wants relationship with us not religion
3. Yahweh is trustworthy
4. Yahweh is calling His people out
5. Yahweh is instructing his people directly

Things Members of Yahweh’s family need:

1.Form a relationship with Yahweh. They choose to associate with God. Man
was created for this purpose and is rewarded for this choice.
2.They serve God. Those who are invited to live in Yahweh’s home render
assistance, fulfilling their roles in the family.
3.They love Yahweh’s personal name. More than just knowing it, they adore it,
exuding affection, and considering Yahweh to be their friend and father.
4.They were, are, and will be engaged in Yahweh’s business, which is exposing
and condemning lies, witnessing to the truth, and announcing the plan of
salvation. Those who know, do.
5.They observe the Sabbath. They understand how Yahweh’s plan of salvation
and prophetic timeline are encapsulated in this set apart day for reverence.
6.They are passionate about the Covenant. They are empowered by the promises
of abundant life and familial relationship with Yahweh which permeate the Word.

FF
FF
Offline Jeannie  
#3 Posted : Sunday, July 8, 2007 1:33:40 PM(UTC)
Jeannie
Woman

ipeaco, I have been so busy with the "saved" that I haven't gotten to the "lost" yet!!! but I ditto FF. You really just have to dig in for yourself at some point. It's got to be real to you not because someone wants it to be for you but because you personally have determined it's real and the TRUTH!! YY, FH and TOM gave us stepping stones, big ones but we have to add to it ourselves.
Jeannie
Offline kp  
#4 Posted : Sunday, July 8, 2007 1:53:44 PM(UTC)
kp

Ipeaco, because your questions are so fundamental and important, I'd like to cover them as well, though FF's response was thorough and cogent. Perhaps the more of us who share our personal solutions to (or struggles with) these admittedly sticky problems, the more folks will be able to fulfill the great commission---being witnesses to what Yahweh has done for us. For clarity, I'll repeat your questions...

1. Do you still meet with other believers who don't have a clue about most of this stuff? If so, do you sing songs with 'Jesus' and 'the Lord' in? If so, how does it make you feel? Yes, I do. I feel that "not forsaking the assembly of ourselves together" is a crucial step in the spread of truth. Don't expect your fellow believers to know what you know, however. Most people you'll meet in "Church" have never been exposed to anything there that forces them to think analytically, and they've never been given a reason to suspect that what they've heard there all their lives isn't all there is to know. Learning otherwise can be a shock. So be gentle with them. Don't be offended when people use the name "Jesus," or call Him "the Lord." They don't know any better, and neither did you a while back, I'll wager. In the interests of unity and picking my battles, I don't alter the songs on the fly, but since I get to sing backup vocals in my congregation's praise band, I have the unique opportunity to use Yahweh's name in counter-parts or obligatos. (We're pretty loose and free, musically. That won't work everywhere, I realize). In my conversation with folks, in public prayer and private discussions, I never mention "the Lord" or "Jesus." It's always Yahweh and Yahshua. Clarify if you have to, but when the divine names are on your lips alone, use the genuine article.

2. Have you spoken to any non-believers about any of this stuff (i.e. names, the law, feasts, timeline etc..)? If so, how did they react? How can you expect someone to understand relativity or quantum mechanics if they haven't been introduced to 2+2=4? First things first. First introduce them to the fact of their sin, the reality of the God from which that sin separates them, and the means He has provided for reconciliation. If they haven't reached this stage expect one of two things when you bring up the subject---an argument, or a blank stare. Spiritual things are spiritually discerened.

3. How do we share this stuff with Chrisitans who already think they know the fundamentals and how can we achieve unity if we are dividing over such fundamental issues as the name of God? I don't know if this is a universal phenomenon, but it's been my experience that if a supposed believer is reticent to use the name "Yahweh" instead of "The Lord," he may be having relationship issues himself. Gentle encouragement should be all it takes to break years of habitual mis-usage. (It did in my case, at least.) Even my pastor calls God "Yahweh" now, though I never got in his face about it---I just used the Lord's (just kidding) name in conversation for a year or two. Yahshua (or worse on English-speaking lips, Yahushua), strangely enough, may be a harder sell, simply because the transliterated transliteration "Jesus" has so thoroughly permeated our language. It's not like "Yahweh," which everybody seems to realize intuitively is a substitution, not a name. And what about the other earth-shaking truths that Christians universally ignore (like the miqrym, for example)? I find that a little wide-eyed enthusiasm will get your foot in the door with genuine seekers after the truth, folks with a Berean attitude. Pretenders and posers, of course, will hate your guts for even bring it up. Sigh.

Anyway, try to remember to be humble in all things. It's only by the grace of God that we may know one iota more than the next guy. And there's always somebody out there who can show us a thing or two. Pride is the most destructive trap into which we can fall. Like I wrote somewhere, there's no particular reason the Heavenly Gardener should esteem one of us garden slugs above another. Grace is the only reason He doesn't salt us all down, the best and worst alike, 'cause let's face it, who can tell the difference?

kp
Offline ipeaco  
#5 Posted : Monday, July 23, 2007 2:39:36 AM(UTC)
ipeaco

Hi guys, thanks alot for your replies, it's taken me a while to reply as I have had 2 weeks off looking at the site to try and chill out a bit and, as you said Jeannie, 'go slow'! Otherwise, I'll go mad!

Thanks

Ian

p.s. KP, I love your attitude to all this stuff. It is refreshing to 'meet' someone who talks about such deep knowledge-based issues with a soft heart and a sensitive approach, I think it is the only way other's will get interested.
Offline Theophilus  
#6 Posted : Monday, July 23, 2007 5:44:51 AM(UTC)
Theophilus
Man

I justed wanted to echo ipeaco's appreciation for Ken's thoughtful responses.

On a personal note, I have to confess I remember at one specific point getting so frustrated when our music team began a loud chorus of "And His name is the LORD...." and realizing that this is not truth. I began replacing the single sylable Lord with Yah and mutli sylable "the Lord" or Adonai with Yahweh. Getting Yahshua to fit Jesus harmonically is more challenging.

I can agree that when asked most people can more easily accept Lord as a title and can point to Websters or even the Jerusalem Bible to Yahweh. Yahuweh and Yahushua may take more convincing. It is encouraging to me that Ken's fellowship seems open to considering what he presented and feel with such guideance I can rshare with those in my old fellowship in a similar example and attitude.
Offline Jeannie  
#7 Posted : Monday, July 23, 2007 5:54:49 AM(UTC)
Jeannie
Woman

I wish I could say that I'm less frustrated today then when I first started on this journey but that would be a lie!!! ipeaco there is no easy way but to just crash thru it!!!
Offline kp  
#8 Posted : Tuesday, July 24, 2007 10:46:28 AM(UTC)
kp

It seems to me that if we try to personify Paul's advice to the Romans, we'll come closer to the unity Yahshua desires among us: "Bless those who persecute you; bless and do not curse. Rejoice with those who rejoice, and weep with those who weep. Be of the same mind toward one another. Do not set your mind on high things, but associate with the humble. Do not be wise in your own opinion. Repay no one evil for evil. Have regard for good things in the sight of all men. If it is possible, as much as depends on you, live peaceably with all men..." (Romans 12:14-18) 'Course, it isn't always possible, and it doesn't always depend on us.

Yes, moral justice, doctrinal correctness and scriptural accuracy are all goals for which we should be aiming. But in God's economy, mercy trumps justice, compassion outweighs correctness, and the heart overrules the head. "Now we see in a mirror, dimly, but then face to face. Now I know in part, but then I shall know just as I also am known. And now abide faith, hope, love, these three; but the greatest of these is love." (I Corinthians 13:12-13)

kp

p.s. Theophilus, I've figured out ways of slipping Yahweh's name into certain songs, but so far, "Yahshua" has me stumped, and "Yahushua" looks hopeless. ;-)

Offline ipeaco  
#9 Posted : Wednesday, July 25, 2007 6:07:32 AM(UTC)
ipeaco

Hi guys. KP - I completey see what you mean about not 'running before we can walk' with teaching non-believers this stuff. I just wondered when you give them the outline of how God has made a way for mankind to get close to Him through His Son, do you use the name of Jesus (which they will obviously recognise) or Yashshua?

I don't want to present them with a copy of a copy but wonder if they will even recognise the truth if we are using a name (Yahshua) they don't even recognise? The main message is the same whether we use Yahshua or Jesus so do you think it's best to leave the explaining about the name until after they believe?

Ian
Offline ipeaco  
#10 Posted : Wednesday, July 25, 2007 6:30:57 AM(UTC)
ipeaco

Has anyone got any other ideas...... My wife and I have decided to look into the relevance of the law and the feasts to us as Chrisitians. We have been arguing for a spell of a few months about my initial findings from studying some of Yada Yahweh and The Owers Manual, to the point of my wife almost considering leaving me! After a 2 week break, she has agreed to study with me but wants to look 'just at what the bible says' about the law etc. By this, she means the NIV version of the bible and she doen't want to look at any external stuff such as this website in fear of a biased opinion!

My idea was to look through the New Testament picking out every verse which seems to uphold the law and every verse which may seem to abbrogate it, create a table with the findings and try to look at every verse in its context. If we cannot agree or cannot understand the meaning, THEN we would look to other sources of info. Do you think we could come to the truth about whether we should celebrate the feasts, follow the food laws, worship on a Sabbath etc. this way? If not, do you have any other suggestions?

Thanks for your advice in anticipation...once again.

Ian
Offline kp  
#11 Posted : Wednesday, July 25, 2007 8:20:50 AM(UTC)
kp

ipeaco: Thank God you have a wife who wants to know what Yahweh says, and is wise enough to want to get her information directly from God's Word. The worst thing you could do would be to try and cram Yada and Ken down her throat, because as far as she knows at this point, we could be total lunatics, trying to suck poor unsuspecting searchers into some weird cult or something. Don't appeal to our reason. We're mere men. That's not to say we have nothing to bring to the party, but her heart is in precisely the right place. She may find our commentaries useful in the future. For now, I'd suggest letting the Spirit guide her to the truth (with a gentle assist from Ian :-)

That being said, seeing what's there can be difficult. What's not immediately apparent from a cursory glance at the Word is how the seven Miqrym---the "feasts of Yahweh"---translate from Torah requirements into historical reality. And that's the key to understanding them. Fortunately, the first four have already been fulfilled in the person and mission of Yahshua---in detail and precisely on schedule. Show her how Passover prefigured the crucifixion of her Messiah, how the Feast of Unleavened Bread the next day prophecied the removal of sin from our lives by His sojourn in the tomb, and how the subsequent Feast of Firstfruits was fulfilled by Yahshua's resurrection. The fourth miqra, the Feast of Weeks, is easy: go to Acts 2. Pentecost = the Feast of Weeks. It records the birth of the ekklesia, defined by the indwelling of Yahweh's Spirit in His believers.

To fully understand the next three miqrym (the three that haven't yet been fulfilled), one needs to have a handle on the Daniel 9 "70 weeks" prophecy---which outlines Yahweh's future plans for Israel. History demonstrates that 69 of the "weeks" (seven 360-day periods of time) have already come and gone. There is one seven-"year" period left to go. The ekklesia (the "Church") occupied most of the time separating the 69th week from the 70th and final one. We have already seen how the Feast of Weeks inaugurated the church age. Yahweh has its end all planned for us before He finishes Israel's program. The exit strategy He has planned for the ekklesia is defined by the next miqra in the series, Yom Teruah, a.k.a. the Feast of Trumpets, which you'll find to be a perfect fit for the New Covenant descriptions of the rapture (especially I Cor 15 and I Thes 4). Then, with the ekklesia out of the picture, the next miqra predicts the climax of Israel's journey: its return in faith to their God on the Day of Atonement, Yom Kippurym (see Zechariah 12:10). Then there's only one miqra left to celebrate: King Yahshua's earthly reign, the Feast of Tabernacles, predictive of God's coming to "camp out" among men---the millennial reign of Christ (Revelation 20:4).

Don't tell her I said so, though. Just show her the salient passages (they're clear enough in any English translation---though they all fall well short of perfection) and let God's Spirit "turn on the lightbulb." She (and you) can work out the nuances of what's been lost in the English later. As far as how gentile belivers, members of the called out assembly (ekklesia) of Yahshua are to relate to the Torah in light of its fulfillment through the work of Yahshua, it took me 500 pages to get to the bottom of it in The Owner's Manual. I don't know how to tell you in a sound bite.

kp
Offline ipeaco  
#12 Posted : Wednesday, July 25, 2007 11:51:45 PM(UTC)
ipeaco

Cheers Swalchy.

Thanks alot Ken, you are a good man :) I'll do my best and let God do the rest! Please pray for an open, yet discerning mind for both of us - I don't want to screw this up!

Much love

Ian
Offline Jeannie  
#13 Posted : Thursday, July 26, 2007 5:38:31 AM(UTC)
Jeannie
Woman

You will be on my prayer list ipeaco. kp always says it well, I have to come back and read his posts so I don't blow it!! I'm going to print this out myself and use it as a guide for a few friends like your wife. You won't screw it up or you would have already done it!!!