logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Light1  
#1 Posted : Saturday, March 8, 2008 9:16:12 AM(UTC)
Light1
Man

Found this on raiders news update (Tom Horn's site)

http://www.templeinstitu.../garment_manufacture.htm

Are we starting to pick up speed? :)
Offline kp  
#2 Posted : Sunday, March 9, 2008 8:04:02 AM(UTC)
kp

We are indeed "picking up speed," Light 1. It's interesting that the manufacturers of these garments didn't reference the requirements (brief though they are) that Ezekiel stated for the priestly garb in the Millennial temple: "But the priests, the Levites, the sons of Zadok, who kept charge of My sanctuary when the children of Israel went astray from Me, they shall come near Me to minister to Me; and they shall stand before Me to offer to Me the fat and the blood,” says the Lord Yahweh. They shall enter My sanctuary, and they shall come near My table to minister to Me, and they shall keep My charge. And it shall be, whenever they enter the gates of the inner court, that they shall put on linen garments; no wool shall come upon them while they minister within the gates of the inner court or within the house. They shall have linen turbans on their heads and linen trousers on their bodies; they shall not clothe themselves with anything that causes sweat. When they go out to the outer court, to the outer court to the people, they shall take off their garments in which they have ministered, leave them in the holy chambers, and put on other garments; and in their holy garments they shall not sanctify the people." (Ezekiel 44:15-19) The Exodus instructions they do quote are still valid, of course, though they don't realize that the High Priest's garments are symbolic from top to bottom of Yahshua the Messiah. Watch the TOM site: chapter 5 of Volume II---What Maimonides Missed---will cover many of the intricate symbolic details of the priestly garb. It's done and should be posted very soon.

kp

Offline bitnet  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, March 11, 2008 6:34:49 AM(UTC)
bitnet

Shalom All,

I did not know that there was a need for so much cloth for the priests to wear! I can imagine the weight of the turban alone at eight metres of linen! You can't walk outside the temple with that load on your head the whole day long without getting a headache and a stiff neck. With all the reports from WHO about the pollution caused by the growing of cotton and silk, the industrial manufacture of natural and synthetic cloth, and the processing of animal skins and fur, and the disposal of thousands of tons of old and worn clothes and accessories, I sometimes wonder if there is a better way to cover oneself without harming the earth. Just covering ourselves itself kills the earth! Sigh!
The reverence of Yahweh is the beginning of Wisdom.
Offline Icy  
#4 Posted : Tuesday, March 11, 2008 6:46:21 AM(UTC)
Icy
Man

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Well, we could all just be naturalists and then not have to worry about what we wear harming the earth.
Offline bitnet  
#5 Posted : Wednesday, March 12, 2008 4:45:21 AM(UTC)
bitnet

Shalom All,

Icy, I think the word you are looking for is naturist. Naturalists are people like Richard Attenborough, Dr Brady Barr, Dr Jeff Corwin, the late Steve Irwin, etc. while naturists are those who seek the simple pleasures of a life close to nature, without clothes when it is warm and with clothes when it is cold. Is it too late to think about not harming the earth? This whole debacle about reducing carbon footprints smacks of an attempt by certain hands behind industrialised countries to subjugate developing countries using covert means. There is much to discuss about global warming but at the end of the day the earth will continue with or without humans as the earth has been through cycles of ice ages and heat ages, neither of which are conducive to humans. Poisoning the earth with chemicals is another issue altogether, and the biggest culprits are the developed countries. The use of PCBs, dioxins, ozone-depleting chemicals and other soil-busting, fauna- and flora-killing chemicals should be controlled before anything else but this is conveniently ignored. Instead, measures are taken to penalise the countries which house heat-generating, carbon dioxide producing factories that support the economies of global corporations that are based in developed countries. Could another front be opened in this war on earth-killers? I doubt it would get very far as long as people do not care very much for the things that they put onto their bodies, homes and cars and wash off into the water system or into the atmosphere. Few people realise these things because even fewer people actually know about it, and whenever they talk about it they are usually ignored. Ignorance is bliss, until it comes back to bite us with cancers, heart attacks, strokes, failed kidneys and other degenerative diseases. How do I start educating people? I don't know, but I sure would like to start with the Ekklesia, for we are custodians of the resources in our little corners of the world. That said, perhaps this is not the right section and perhaps another section should be opened on the main page again. Is it my imagination or am I the only one requesting for more and more sections/topic headers?

Shalom Aleichem
Offline Icy  
#6 Posted : Wednesday, March 12, 2008 5:28:19 AM(UTC)
Icy
Man

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Thanks for the correction bitnet, that is what I mean. Adam and Chavah were basically naturists before they decided their knowledge was better than Yahuweh's, right? Gives a whole new persepective to a "garment of light" doesn't it?

I'm with you on the rest of your post as well. Since you mentioned it, AP recently did a probe on the water in the US and found that a majority of it is contaminated with prescription drugs, and the water processing plants can't eliminate it from the water. They have been found in well sources and spring sources as well (which means bottled water could be contaminated as well). The only effective way to eliminate it is with a reverse osmosis treatment, but on that scale it is way too expensive. If you want clean water your only safe bet is to have an in home RO system. It is a shame though, because animals and plants are being affected by the chemicals as well. They have already found evidence that fish are being adversely affected.

I think a topic for this sort of material would be a good idea.
Offline bitnet  
#7 Posted : Saturday, March 15, 2008 6:26:29 AM(UTC)
bitnet

Shalom All,

Now I do recall a few Qodeshim of this forum having farms... any chance of teaching us how to start our own organic farms and live a life more connected with the earth? Perhaps we can all start a chain of farms across the world where the "birth pangs" are not so troublesome (wishful thinking!).
Offline kp  
#8 Posted : Saturday, March 15, 2008 9:11:25 AM(UTC)
kp

I agree with Bitnet that growing our own food in these last days would be a really good idea. And it doesn't really take a whole "farm" to do it. About a year ago, my wife and I decided to give raised-bed gardening a shot. We made "boxes" out of railroad ties stacked two high and filled 'em full of topsoil ('cause the dirt around here is hopelessly infertile). We had a decent crop, but then about mid summer, the deer came in and wiped us out in one night. So this year I'm making covers (about 30 inches tall) in sections for the garden out of PVC pipe and chicken wire, and we're going to grow our tomatoes in pots on the deck where the deer (probably) can't get at them. If this works, we plan to expand.

kp
Offline CK  
#9 Posted : Sunday, March 16, 2008 2:46:52 PM(UTC)
CK

Building raised garden beds is a good idea, and makes weeding and general care easier. I was recently told that when using railroad ties, the inside of garden bed should be lined along the ties, so the the icky smelly stuff the railroad ties are dipped in (can't remember the name of the stuff) doesn't leach into the roots of the veggies. Of course, I was told this after the fact, so I planted tulips instead of vegatables. This fall, Yah willing, I hope to move the tulip bulbs to someplace else, dig out the soil and line the ties. Don't know what I'll use for a liner at this point. It was suggested that I use clear plastic, but that doesn't appeal to me. I'll have to do some research. Would welcome suggestions.

This thread started with temple garments, and moved to growing a veggie garden. Got to love it! :o)
Offline Robskiwarrior  
#10 Posted : Sunday, March 16, 2008 3:50:50 PM(UTC)
Robskiwarrior
Man

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
kp wrote:
I agree with Bitnet that growing our own food in these last days would be a really good idea. And it doesn't really take a whole "farm" to do it. About a year ago, my wife and I decided to give raised-bed gardening a shot. We made "boxes" out of railroad ties stacked two high and filled 'em full of topsoil ('cause the dirt around here is hopelessly infertile). We had a decent crop, but then about mid summer, the deer came in and wiped us out in one night. So this year I'm making covers (about 30 inches tall) in sections for the garden out of PVC pipe and chicken wire, and we're going to grow our tomatoes in pots on the deck where the deer (probably) can't get at them. If this works, we plan to expand.

kp

you should also get your gun and fill the freezer with venison :D ;)
Signature Updated! Woo that was old...
Offline Robskiwarrior  
#11 Posted : Sunday, March 16, 2008 11:55:35 PM(UTC)
Robskiwarrior
Man

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
English comedy at its, err, finest...

back to the topic slackers! :)
Signature Updated! Woo that was old...