logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline lassie1865  
#1 Posted : Monday, February 18, 2008 6:08:26 PM(UTC)
lassie1865
Woman

Hi. I am thrilled to have been led to the YY website, and now to this forum. I have been reading the YY site for weeks now and printing out volumes from it to give to my friends who do not have computer access. A larger font size would be good; I don't mind purchasing more paper! (smaller margins might help, too). I am soo happy to hear that the Scriptures are actually being translated (upgraded); I was going to email Ken Power and encourage him to do just that! I am praying that my church group will be open to this; I have delivered some of this material to our pastors while they are home recuperating from some serious surgery. I think my church is the coolest on the planet, but we surely have much to learn (relearn, unlearn). I also have been planning to attend a weeknight gathering of Messianic Jewish folks here in town to learn more about them, especially with Passover coming up. I have suggested to my church folks that we go to a sheep ranch and learn about sheep, pick out a lamb, and then prepare the lamb for a Passover dinner. I have not yet received their response.

Shalom
Offline Robskiwarrior  
#2 Posted : Monday, February 18, 2008 10:05:46 PM(UTC)
Robskiwarrior
Man

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Hi Lassie, welcome to the forum! You display a real passion, its good to see :) I hope that they do take on the information, but I would try and be wise about it to, people react funny when you challenge everything they believe.

Welcome to the forums! I hope you feel as at home here as we all do. :)
Signature Updated! Woo that was old...
Offline Theophilus  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, February 19, 2008 9:41:21 AM(UTC)
Theophilus
Man

Hello and welocme to the forum Lassie. I'll second Robskiwarriors sentiments. Re-examining our assumptions can be challenging but IMO is well worth the effort if what you discover is profound and relevatory.

Regarding printing out the books, I'll suggest something that's worked well for me. I found that copying the text to Word allowed me to format for a better fit and in my case color code to my liking.

It's good to have you with us and look forward to hearing more from you.
Offline Matthew  
#4 Posted : Tuesday, February 19, 2008 4:39:02 PM(UTC)
Matthew
Man

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 2 post(s)
lassie1865 wrote:
I think my church is the coolest on the planet, but we surely have much to learn (relearn, unlearn).

What a great way to put it: relearn, unlearn!

Welcome to the forum Lassie, your passion has shown through by your first message. I'm reminded of Mark 10:15 "Truly, I say to you, whoever does not receive the reign of Elohim as a child, shall certainly not enter it."

I'm also in the process of sharing YY, TOM, FH, the true Names, understanding the Torah, etc. with my old church mates and I know they're not biting the bullet as quickly as I'd hoped. However, it's still early days and I'm sure over time they'll come around. My biggest issue in my case is that the Atlantic ocean separates us so communication is difficult, and not only that but when I left home (a few years ago) I fell back into the world and got myself in a right mess, so my fruit hasn't been the best and my example not great. However, it was in the world where I could learn the Truth, discover it for myself, hear His voice without church doctrine ringing in my ears. So I see their reaction beforehand, I assume their response as follows: "here is this backslider again who happens to know the "Truth," why should we believe him, he got swayed into deception while in the world, trying to be saved by works?!" Because I know they are firmly grounded in the current Apostolic-Prophetic Movement I take little steps with each email, I introduce them into understanding the Torah while at the same time not saying that their beliefs are wrong. I'm trying to get them to see deeper than face value. I like sending snippets from each book, something that won't discourage them from digging deeper. They are very stubborn, even while still carrying a smile. But I'll tell you one thing, where the real opposition comes can scare one easily, I'm encourage by Luke 12:49-53 concerning division in the family, that happened with me, though not as extreme as the Luke situation as of yet.

I'm greatly encouraged by your first post, though I noticed you posted in two sections, but Robski's post in this thread caught my attention concerning being wise. Sometimes I think my wise move of slowly sharing might not be so wise because when I read your post I see your passion of going straight for the jugular vein by sending to your pastors. I really hope, and have already requested Yahuweh on the issue, that they receive your message with open hearts and minds and that the Truth begins to flow.

For myself, I copy to MS Word then format to a suitable size and print out as desired, doubled sided and 2 pages per page. I'm thinking of having a local printer printing it out for me into a nice binder, however it might be quite costly. I do agree on your request for smaller margins, but then it might make for harder reading.

For my friends, I simply sent them CD copies of all the books as I know they have access to computers. Books would be better, but I don't have access to a printer that can do such a heavy job. But by sending emails they should be slowly drawn to the books. Let's hope they seek out what needs to be found!

May Yahuweh bless you and continue to strengthen you and guide you!

Shalom!
Offline kp  
#5 Posted : Wednesday, February 20, 2008 4:08:06 AM(UTC)
kp

My friends, here's the deal on the margins in our original Word docs (which are duplicated in the pdf files). Way back in 2001, Yada and I self-published our first joint-authorship venture, In the Company of Good and Evil. I did the book design on it (since I'd spent my whole career as a graphic designer). The page layout was calculated to duplicate or approximate what we considered to be the optimum comfort level for the reader. Things to be considered included line length and number of lines per page. (Although we'd written the book using MS Word, I laid it out using Quark Xpress.) Later, when we began publishing online, we already had a reader-comfort standard established. The margins we both use as our current standard formats match very closely to these print standards---12-14 words per line and about 40 lines per page (a factor that is also calculated to head off surprises should we decide to go back to paper publishing). That's why the margins on a standard letter sized page are broader than you might expect. Trust me on this: line lengths that are too short (as in a newspaper) or too long are comparatively uncomfortable to read---our margins are just about optimum, if not even still a little bit too narrow (I'd prefer 10 words per line).

I can't speak for Yada, but as for myself, as author of Future History and The Owner's Manual, if anyone wants the original Word docs (instead of the pdfs we provide online) so they can reformat the text and print out the docs in fewer letter size pages, just write me (email@futuretruth.net) and I'll send 'em along. (And if we have any closet billionaires lurking out there, I'd be glad to reformat 'em into Quark for a press run you could magnanimously fund :-)

kp
Offline Matthew  
#6 Posted : Wednesday, February 20, 2008 4:47:15 AM(UTC)
Matthew
Man

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 2 post(s)
With POD, as it was so many pages, I formated to MS Word in a really small font. It made it it slightly difficult to read but it saved on a lot of pages. By comparing the current PDF files to my reading books in my drawer I find a similarity in size, in terms of the amount of lines and width. As kp said, it does make for a comfortable read. If I did not share the computer with my wife I probably would not print out as then I would have more time to read online. Also, I tend to print the PDF files without formatting, I only change the pages per page and make it double sided to save on paper usage.