logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Icy  
#1 Posted : Monday, February 18, 2008 5:39:45 AM(UTC)
Icy
Man

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 2 post(s)
I found that an old youth pastor of mine is starting to discover the truth and have sense been discussing things with him through email. He recently wrote and asked me why I dislike the Talmud so much. I wrote him back with my opinions, but can anyone show me actual facts/numbers/evidence/etc, as that stuff tends to make more of an impact in most people. Below is what he asked me:

Quote:
What is your dislike for the Talmud? Is is because of the dominance of the Babylonian communit? The editing? The combination of the Babylonian and Palestinian versions? What are your thoughts regarding the Mishne and Halakic interpretation?
Offline gammafighter  
#2 Posted : Monday, February 18, 2008 8:31:18 AM(UTC)
gammafighter
Man

How about how when human tradition contradicts Scripture the Talmud picks tradition over the Word of God?
Or how some of the stuff in the Talmud is explicitly there to dispel those pesky rumors that Yahshua was the Messiyah (i think...). I haven't read the Talmud, but I talked to a Jew who claimed that Yahshua couldn't be the Messiyah because the Temple was destroyed after He ascended into Heaven. I asked the guy where in Scripture it said the Temple couldn't be destroyed after the Messiyah came and then pointed out that there was a prophecy in Daniel that said that the Temple WOULD in fact be destroyed. He wouldn't say where he got that idea from, but couldn't give any Scripture support either. When i mentioned the Talmud, he was very defensive of it.
Offline kp  
#3 Posted : Monday, February 18, 2008 9:19:47 AM(UTC)
kp

The problem (for me) is that religious Jews place the Talmud side by side with the Tenach as authoritative scripture---even though they disagree every time you turn around. Maimonides' distillation of the 613 laws supposedly gleaned from the Talmud is radically at odds with what's recorded in the Pentateuch, as I discovered with the side-by-side comparison in The Owner's Manual. If two "authorities" don't agree with each other, they can't both be truthful or correct.

kp
Offline bitnet  
#4 Posted : Monday, February 18, 2008 7:39:12 PM(UTC)
bitnet

Oy Vey! How can Truth be found in the Talmud if it conflicts with the Tanach? It's just like Catholic Catechism must be right because it is based on the bible and if some matters in the bible do not tally then Catholic tradition is to be considered first!

Mar 7:6 But answering, He said to them, "Correctly did Yahshayahu prophesy concerning you, the hypocrites! As it has been written, 'This people honors Me with their lips, but their heart is far distant from Me.
Mar 7:7 'But in vain do they worship Me, teaching as doctrines the commandments of people.' (Yahshayahu 29:13 -- And the Lord said: Forasmuch as this people draw near, and with their mouth and with their lips do honour Me, but have removed their heart far from Me, and their fear of Me is a commandment of men learned by rote;)
Mar 7:8 For having left behind the commandment of God, you keep the tradition of people: baptisms of pitchers and cups, and many such other similar things you* do."
Mar 7:9 And He was saying to them, "All too well do you regard as nothing the commandment of God, so that you should keep your traditions."

Open your heart to Yahweh and listen to His voice in His Word as is written in the Tanach and Brit Chadasha, and forget the traditions of men that deny you a relationship with your Creator!

Shalom Aleichem
The reverence of Yahweh is the beginning of Wisdom.
Offline Icy  
#5 Posted : Tuesday, February 19, 2008 2:51:23 AM(UTC)
Icy
Man

Below is his most recept reply to me:

Quote:
I have understood the Mishna to be the written work of the oral teaching of the great rabbis of early Judaism and the Talmud to be a commentary of the Mishna by later rabbis.

While I certainly believe and understand that we cannot trust man, I have also understood the stories in the Torah as part of the Mosaic period and a substantial part of these are a part Israel's oral tradition for three or more centuries before they were put into written form. It is also possible that large portions of the Joshua, Judges, 1 and 2 Samuel, 1 and 2 Kings existed in the form of oral tradition for a considerable amount of time. I cannot confirm the date but I believe the OT did't get its final form until somewhere between 800 and 400B.C.

These poeple were maticulous in their teaching and training, oral tradition and history was a valuable part of their culture. I do understand the danger of chinese telehphone, but do you not think it safe to think that this divine revelation both general and specific is synergistic?
Offline bitnet  
#6 Posted : Wednesday, February 20, 2008 12:29:37 AM(UTC)
bitnet

Shalom Everyone,

One of the things I found rather weird is that the scholars believe that the Scriptures were written centuries after the events.Why? Why do they believe that there must be an oral tradition first? What happened to the simple belief that Yahweh wrote the Law for the people with His own hand and gave it to Moshiach? Is it because they think that Yahweh cannot write? Are they foolish enough to think that a high ranking court official like Moshiach could not write in his own language or even the language of the Egyptians? Or that the Hebrews were illiterate slaves? Was there not written language among the people? Did not Yosef himself prosper and became an honoured man in Egypt after his brothers sold him into slavery? Where did the idea that ancient slaves could not write come from, but that they were meticulous enough about "teaching and training" and "oral traditions"? Could it be that they actually believe that their revealed Scripture is inaccurate and bogus and therefore have to rely on traditions?

If the original Scriptures are not found it does not necessarily mean they did not exist! Is it possible that there was nothing in the Ark of the Covenant when King David brought it back to Yahrulshalayim? Where did all this unbelief come from!? Synergistic traditions? Are we are to believe that some traditions that openly defy the Word, whether the Tanach or the Brit Chadasha (which concurs with the Tanach), are to be accepted as "synergistic" at our own peril? Nay, that I would not do now! I would rather believe what is written clearly for our benefit than to depend on traditions that contradict, defy, obfuscate, obscure, and mock His Word and more importantly, His Sacrifice, which is completely denied by those seemingly in favour of carnal traditions.

Traditions that uphold the Word, I may accept. Traditions that do otherwise are simply plain folly that should be avoided. Traditions that uplift people and glorify Abba Yahweh may be "synergistic" and thus seemingly benign, but traditions that glorify and empower people over the Word smack of the adversary's attempt to put himself over Yahweh. Stick to the straight and narrow path as it is much easier than the snaky, winding path of human traditions!
The reverence of Yahweh is the beginning of Wisdom.
Offline shalom82  
#7 Posted : Wednesday, February 20, 2008 4:14:42 AM(UTC)
shalom82

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
YHWH Imakhem,

Quote:

While I certainly believe and understand that we cannot trust man, I have also understood the stories in the Torah as part of the Mosaic period and a substantial part of these are a part Israel's oral tradition for three or more centuries before they were put into written form. It is also possible that large portions of the Joshua, Judges, 1 and 2 Samuel, 1 and 2 Kings existed in the form of oral tradition for a considerable amount of time. I cannot confirm the date but I believe the OT did't get its final form until somewhere between 800 and 400B.C.

These people were meticulous in their teaching and training, oral tradition and history was a valuable part of their culture. I do understand the danger of chinese telehphone, but do you not think it safe to think that this divine revelation both general and specific is synergistic?

no no no no no...NO!...I don't think it's safe to think that.

The oral torah (the mishna, the Jerusalem (actually Tiberian) Talmud, The Babylonian Talmud and the Midrash...seems that the oral torah isn't so oral anymore) undermine the Torah by adding to it and taking away from it constantly. The religious minuitae is absolutely astounding. All these documents that are the backbone of pharisaic/rabbinic Judaism confirm the absolute authority of the Rabbis

Ex: Even if they (the Rabbis) instruct you that left is right and right is left, you must obey them
Midrash Sifre Deuteronomy

The absolute authority of the rabbis is derived from 5 words. "...It is not in heaven..." Deut 30:12
Thus the Rabbis claim that the Torah is not in heaven and authority is theirs and theirs alone to interpret and rule by Torah. YHWH has no say and he can't question the interpretation of the rabbis!

Here is the actual context:

Deu 30:11 “For this command which I am commanding you today, it is not too hard for you, nor is it far off.
Deu 30:12 “It is not in the heavens, to say, ‘Who shall ascend into the heavens for us, and bring it to us, and cause us to hear it, so that we do it?’
Deu 30:13 “Nor is it beyond the sea, to say, ‘Who shall go over the sea for us, and bring it to us, and cause us to hear it, so that we do it?’

There is the Minhag (sanctified tradition) such as wearing kippot. It is stated that a man should not walk 4 cubits without his head covered...and he cannot pray without head covering. Nowhere is this in the Torah. It is a tradition that has been sanctified and codified over time. There is also the Ma'aseh and the Takanot...all of these concepts lend themselves to rabbinic halakha.
The rabbis produce takanot (rabbinic proclamations/enactments) from the ma'aseh (stories, happenings, examples, actions of the rabbis)...an example of Rabbinic takanot would be something which Yahushua went after...the washing of the hands.

Mat 15:2 “Why do Your taught ones transgress the tradition of the elders? For they do not wash their hands when they eat bread.”
Mat 15:3 But He answering, said to them, “Why do you also transgress the command of Elohim1 because of your tradition?
Mat 15:4 “For Elohim has commanded, saying, ‘Respect your father and your mother,’ and, ‘He who curses father or mother, let him be put to death.’
Mat 15:5 “But you say, ‘Whoever says to his father or mother, “Whatever profit you might have received from me has been dedicated,”
Mat 15:6 is certainly released from respecting his father or mother.’ So you have nullified the command of Elohim by your tradition.
Mat 15:7 “Hypocrites! Yeshayahu rightly prophesied about you, saying,
Mat 15:8 ‘This people draw near to Me with their mouth, and respect Me with their lips, but their heart is far from Me.
Mat 15:9 ‘But in vain do they worship Me, teaching as teachings the commands of
men.’ ”1 Footnote: 1Isa. 29:13
Yahushua is speaking of the very thing we are discussing...THE ORAL TORAH! In the Hebrew text of the Shem Tob...the word tradition is...TAKANOT!!!

But then we have the trouble with Matthew 23
Mat 23:2 saying, “The scribes and the Pharisees sit on the seat of Mosheh.
Mat 23:3 “Therefore, whatever they say to you to guard, guard and do. But do not do according to their works, for they say, and do not do.

This doesn't make any sense...it seems to me. All throughout the Besorah...Yahushua is condemning the heavy burden of Pharisaism. Yet now he gives them authority and tells the people to obey them? Well according to modern scholars the Shem Tov Hebrew Besorah of Matthew exists in large part as the original did. The "church fathers" attest that Matthew was originally written in Hebrew and that Messianic communities were reading from that text in their own time. So you can take it or leave it. Hebraisms that are present in the Greek that really are baffling in Greek also betray a Hebrew origin. As I said...scholars say that large parts of the original exist within the Shem Tov text. The Shem Tov text says this:
Mat 23:3 “Therefore, whatever he (Mosheh) says to you to guard, guard and do. But do not do according to their works, for they say, and do not do.

I don't think it's that much of a stretch. In Hebrew it is the change of one character between he and they. And according to the common stream that runs throughout the Besorah..."he" is consistent.

We all know that the Oral law is full of arguments and contradictions. It is also an extreme burden...and that is not my opinion. The modern day p'rushim pride themselves that their walk is difficult and a burden. "The Torah is a burden that is for the Jews alone to bear." The famous Rebbe Nachman of Breslov basically said that the Torah (according to Rabbinic interpretation and law) was so difficult that he got though his life by concentrating only one day at a time.

If you count yourself as a Talmid of the Rabbi Yahushua HaNatsari and you believe Him to be YHWH's earthly manifestation, the Word and the Mashiach...then it seems rather queer to me that you would give the Talmud any creedence.

That's not to say there isn't any information that can be gleened from the Talmud...such as Yahushua was indeed the name of the Messiah...or interesting takes and perspectives...a filling in of the scripture...that may be true but is ultimately inconsequential.

You hear over and over again of Messianic congregations that either break up, have members deny Yahushua and go over to the Rabbinics, and even convert en masse to Rabbinic Judaism...Why? I don't think it would be a stretch to say that a major contributing factor would be deference and an unhealthy esteem for Oral Torah (which is Normative Judaism)...so they go desperately crawling and grovelling to the Rabbis for acceptance. This is a very dangerous path...and it seems that that is the path that Icy's friend is set on taking. Shaul/Paul...wrote about this issue ad nauseum in his letters. If people would sit down and read Paul and verify Paul by the scriptures and by Yahushua's words...and indeed by Ya'aqob, Kepha, and Yahuchanan...as Shaul/Paul himself suggested, they would realize he never contradicts the scriptures or Yahushua's teachings. He is dealing with the VERY ISSUE YAHUSHUA WAS DEALING WITH. If people would do that instead of putting Paul...in the creator of Gentile christianity box...we wouldn't have people like Theo's "Messianic Rabbi" friend...who are very very close to becoming former Messianics!

Shalom Aleichem
YHWH's ordinances are true, and righteous altogether.
Offline Icy  
#8 Posted : Wednesday, February 20, 2008 9:24:24 AM(UTC)
Icy
Man

Shalom Jake, I sent my friend what you had said, this is his reply:

Quote:
I had to read it through a couple of times and even a couple of places more than that. Some of the vocabulary and terms were for those a little more versed in the topic than I am. He probably could make it a little easier for this average joe! Even though I felt like I was almost being scolding in a sense, I have a good idea of what he is saying and understand the significant importance of his position and would even agree to a degree. But I did welcome rebutal, etc. I am working through the parts that I am still not sure of.

Again while I understand the problem your friend is addressing, there can be no arguments that oral tradition was long established before written work and we have to believe that God's Holy Spirit guided this in the synergistic perspective for what He desired to be His divine revelation. I know full well the danger of the Oral Torah, but before anything was ever written many stories, songs, poetry and other materials of varying types and lengths circulated in oral form before written form on which the OT and NT are based. Many songs - Genesis 4:23-24, Exodus 15:1-18, 21, Numbers 21:17-18 and Judges 5. There were also laws, proverbs, and prophetic utterances that arose orally. Such tradition was a valued skill.

I have a few Messianic friends. If I may I am going to share this information with them and see what they think as well!

As a background, I should mention that he recently finished a theology class.
Offline shalom82  
#9 Posted : Thursday, February 21, 2008 5:32:50 AM(UTC)
shalom82

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Icy...Shalom Achi,
I apologize in advance for the long post. But it is all my own material...except for the scripture that is referenced.

In reply, I don't know if I was scolding so much as being firm out of fear. Now if I had called him a stupid Galatian that would probably have been scolding. As I have said before the Messianic movement is very very susceptible to the influence of the rabbis. Not much has changed in 2000 years. You go around the internet just a little bit and you can see it in the MJ congregations that as I have said before are screaming WE'RE JEWISH!!!...oh...and we believe that yeshua (sic) is the mess...i..ah...That is the Messianic movement at large today. I have seen congregations that call themselves Rabbinic Messianic Congregations. Now that is not to say that there are some very very strong wonderful congregations...but they are in the minority. I see congregations that follow the insane dietary prohibitions, wear white tzitzit, call on the title Adonai...and on and on and on in deference to the Rabbis. The Messianic Beit Din...is trying to come up with a conversion policy...why? To appease and gain acceptance by the rabbinics. The Messianic movenment has not yet realized that it is not the one who needs to be accepted. I am sorry, but it's pathetic. Please accept us, please let us in, please let us join your little club...in the process they will sacrifice the very freedom they were given and everything that means anything...and still not be accepted. Is is so hard to for them to come into the knowledge that an astounding amount of individuals within the spectrum of the Haredim to the Reform call Messianics nazis, incognito Christians, and murderers of the Jewish soul? They have a revulsion towards Yahushua that would be incomprehensible if it wasn't explained by scriptures. They will accept everyone from Bar Kochba to Rebbe Schneerson...and remain Yahudim in good standing...if a little eccentric...but oh...boy...accept Yahushua and you are out....I mean out! In the days of the Apostolic Assembly...congregations were already being infiltrated by the agents of the P'rushim. That very thing is happening today. And they have had their measure of success. This is not a knock on the Yahudim by the way. The rabbinic infiltrators have had their best success in converting insecure Goyim who are more interested in acceptance and "looking the part"...who are seduced by pious looking beards and kippahs. If you think I am a Jew hating conspiriacist...first off you are insane...I love the Yahudim so much it hurts... secondly...I will give you the email of one particular congregation that I know of who has had this go on...if you wish to pursue it. People still can't see that Obadiah was still an Edomite, Uriah was still a Hittite, Ruth was still a Moabite, Caleb was still a Kennezite (Edom), Zipporah was still of Midian, Zelek was still an Ammonite, Ithmah was a Moabite and Rahab was of Jericho in Canaan. (all people listed in no particular order) So wherein lies the problem? Once again we see that the Tanakh and the Besorim (the good news) are all together consistent. A Goy can serve Israel, love Israel, partake in Israel, and fellowship and congregate with Israel, and for that matter marry into Israel, but they don't magically become Yahudim. I think the whole purpose of identity retention was the point that Yahuweh accepts people as they are. It's like if a man came to America from Italy. For all intensive purpses he is American and contributes to America, but that does not erase his Italian origins. Imagine a dialogue:
Do you know Mr. Sylvestri?
Mr. Sylvestri....Oh yeah...the old Italian fellow that lives on Maple Street...nice fellow.

Ok...I am wandering off so I am going to try to get back on track.

Now why on earth was Yahushua taking the P'rushim to town over their ma'asim and takanot? It didn't just have to do with observance...and the turning of a blessing into a burden...though I am sure that was a big part of it...but even the keeping and the living out is tied into the witness of Messiah...as KP said with his wax on wax off analogy in TOM. By putting fences around Torah...the P'rushim were ensuring that the common people of the Yahudim would not be getting the Torah Yahuweh wanted them to hear and for that matter obey. I find it striking that Yahushua mentioned the commandment of honor your Father and Mother. We have spoken on this forum many times about the real spiritual meaning of this commandment. We also know that Moses spoke of the Messiah...being of course Yahushua. How important was this and is this? Very. By making the Torah a list of religious millieu...of do's and don'ts and adding and taking away from the original content, people miss Messiah. Gentiles don't have talmud and mishna...that's why they overwhelmingly..."got it". It's still important today...but imagine back then when a good portion of society was illiterate or couldn't afford a Torah scroll and only recieved Torah from the religious teachers. That's what I am trying to say...you don't need oral Torah. The Torah is enough. I am of the opinion that Torah was dictated to Moshe on Sinai just as the rest of the Tanakh was dictated and taken down by the prophets. Thus undoing the premise of Oral Torah. YHWH tells us when something is merely a tradition...as he did with the Israelite's abstaining in eating the meat that contains the sciatic nerve

YHWH actually illustrates that adding to the commandments is a detrimental activity. Chavah's changes and ammendments to the word of YHWH pertaining to the tree brought about the fall of man. These changes were pretty subtle and small yet they were enough to cause the first Mother and Father to stumble. Now lets go to the Oral Torah. It would take you more than 100 years to study all the rabbinic enactments in the Mishna, Talmuds, Midrash, and the Shulchan Aruch. Have fun.

Deu 4:2 “Do not add to the Word which I command you, and do not take away from it1, so as to guard the commands of יהוה your Elohim which I am commanding you.

Deu 12:32 “All the words I am commanding you, guard to do it – do not add to it nor take away from it.1

Now let's go to Shaul/Paul's words in Galatians

Gal 1:13 For you have heard of my former way of life in Yehuḏaism, how intensely I persecuted the assembly of Elohim, and ravaged it.
Gal 1:14 And I progressed in Yehuḏaism beyond many of my age in my race, being more exceedingly ardent for the traditions of my fathers.

Notice, that phrase there...ardent for the traditions of my fathers. Not ardent for the written Torah...not ardent for the Word of YHWH...but for the traditions of his fathers.

Let's go on.

Gal 3:10 For as many as are of works of Torah are under the curse, for it has been written, “Cursed is everyone who does not continue in all that has been written in the book of the Torah, to do them.”

Shaul is actually citing Deuteronomy 27:26

Deu 27:26 Cursed be he that confirmeth not the words of this law to do them. And all the people shall say: Amen.' (sorry for different versions...JPS had a better rendering than ISR)
Now there is one glaring addition that Paul put in this verse though...that the words were written....written...written...written. The written Torah is our guide in to life in the temporal as well as in the pursuit of the eternal. Obviously Shaul thought it was important for people to understand he was talking about the written Word...so much so that he added WRITTEN in the BOOK....

Need a bit more confirmation that the divine word was written and that the general (I would assume written) and the specific (I would once again assume oral) are not both divinely inspired and synergistic?

Deu 31:26 “Take this Book of the Torah, and you shall place it beside the ark of the covenant of יהוה your Elohim, and it shall be there as a witness against you,
Deu 31:27 for I myself know your rebellion and your stiff neck. See, while I am still alive with you today, you have been rebellious against יהוה, then how much more after my death?

Haha, whoa! Moshe has hit the nail on the head...indeed he has pounded a nail into the center of another nail. The written Torah is a witness against the Oral Torah...and eventhough I am sure that that is not the complete message...and be all end all of Israel's rebellion and stiff neck...it is undeniable....do not add or take away.

I have come to the understanding that for the most part Shaul/Paul in Galatians was attacking two things. Namely, the P'rushim's Oral Torah...and the product of esteeming Oral Torah...namely putting obedience before Grace. And this is not just a Galatian's issue

Col 2:8 See to it that no one makes a prey of you through philosophy and empty deceit, according to the tradition of men, according to the elementary matters of the world,1 and not according to Messiah. (what did Messiah teach?)
And here is a tie in
Gal 4:9 But now after you have known Elohim, or rather are known by Elohim, how do you turn again to the weak and poor elementary matters,1 to which you wish to be enslaved again?

Onward!

Col 2:20 If, then, you died with Messiah from the elementary matters1 of the world, why, as though living in the world, do you subject yourselves to regulations:
Col 2:21 “Do not touch, do not taste, do not handle” –
Col 2:22 which are all to perish with use – according to the commands and teachings of men?1 Footnote: 1Note: commands and teachings of men, not of Elohim

Col 2:21 is damning. Those prohibitions speak of Judaisms other than "the Way" To be sure it addresses the P'rushim..but overall Colassions is battling against the Essenes and the Gnostics. That do not touch is dealing with the P'rushim though. As with all the commandments of Torah they dragged and stretched fire sabbath prohibitions as much as they could. Not only couldn't you start a fire...you couldn't even touch an implement of fire...such as let's say...a match for today's practical Pharisaic living.

All thoughout Shaul's letters to the congregations scattered far and wide in the Med. world they are so chock full O' references to Torah that it is astounding. The man is weaving an intricate web of Torah...and most of us tend to miss it.

Now...having said all of that...I believe that the main emphasis on written Torah was for the attainment of eternal life...knowing, acknowledging, and trusting in what the Torah promises. It has the secondary albeit important purpose of guiding us in temporal living/walking with YHWH.

I know this will be controversal...but for as much as now I understand the WORKS of the Law...minhag, ma'asim, and takanot...I believe that Shaul/Paul was usually speaking and criticising Pharisaical works of the Law. When he seems to criticize Torah it is not an issue of substance but rather of priorty.

We have read and commented how Ibn Crispin said that Isaiah 53 was about Messiah and Rashi said that it was about Israel. If they disagree how can Rabbinic authority be absolute...indeed how can it be the inspired word of YHWH...brought to us through the Rabbis. Make no mistake the pillar of Rabbinic Judaism is the absolute authority of the Rabbis. These stories in the Oral Torah could be true for all we know...but at the same time...perhaps they aren't. We obviously understand that YHWH has put the priority on the written Word...that he used Moshe and the prophets to put onto parchment or scroll. The anecdotal evidence did not make the cut.

I am not trying to discourage Talmud study or whatever else...indeed who am I? But let us understand what it is. It may have some interesting perspectives, some great anecdotes, and some detail to the stories that could be true. But that doesn't make it inspired. It doesn't make the written and the oral... synergistic. I will go as far as to say that the works of the sages...especially the Targums can shed light on the nature and especially the symbology of Messiah. But one must have a very very good grasp of the Tanakh and the Besorim before they go of and try to wade through the Oral Torah. And the risks for many might outweigh the rewards of such an undertaking. You have to be very very secure about your place in the Messianic Kingdom before you start turning the pages of the Talmud. Otherwise, you may just be sucked in.
To somehow think that life does not go on in Judaism without Oral Torah is patently false. There have always been groups that have rejected it. The most notable today are the Karaim (Karaites). Now, understand I am not advocating Karaism. I think in some ways they might be worse off than the Rabbinics because eventhough they stick strictly to the written Word...they still deny Yahushua. And there are other things which I reject about them...such as their despicable behavior in WWII...but for the sake of reasoning they are proof of a Judaism that thrives without Oral Torah.

YHWH Imakhem
YHWH's ordinances are true, and righteous altogether.