logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline jojocc  
#1 Posted : Sunday, February 3, 2008 11:45:47 PM(UTC)
jojocc

Shalom Kol Am,

I have just been reading the thread about Christmas. Interesting indeed, though I have to say that if Yahashua was not born in Succot/Tabernacles, then there is no point beleiving in the Tanakh as being the authority of YHWH and that makes Christianity defunct too. C'mon - Tabernacles, when YHWH comes to be with us - its almost too obvious.

OK, my question is about Purim. Although the crazy dressing up bit is bull, Purim is there for us to remember that YHWH yet again delivered his children from annihilation. This time Esther was in the right place at the right time (funny how that happens eh, would call it a coincidence if I believed in them).

I know that Esther said to remember this day, and YHWH’ deliverance of the Hebrews, so how should we be doing that? Should we be doing that? Esther is not YHWH, and Purim is not one of the 7 feasts, but does it hurt to remember what YHWH will do for his people if they turn to him?

P.S. My idea of a good Purim would include popcorn, beer/wine – not at the same time unless you want a headache – lots of good barbequed food, and maybe someone playing a guitar while camping out in the desert.

Ahava :-)
Offline shalom82  
#2 Posted : Monday, February 4, 2008 12:23:54 AM(UTC)
shalom82

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Shalom Ahot,
Wowwowowowowow...o, you hit the nail on the head...this is what was in my brain from time out of mind. Purim and Hanukkah in and of themselves are not bad things. Whether you be a physical part of Israel...maintained by Yahushua's Pesach offering or whether you be an adopted Yahudi... why would you not love Israel...rejoice with Israel...cry with Israel. These are times when all who love Yahuweh and his Land and his people whether native born or stranger can remember and rejoice at Yahuweh's deliverance, can celebrate as a fellowship his abiding love. We are to simply remember them as memorials and heed what lessons they offer for our future. You don't have to celebrate Purim as Rabbinic Halloween...just as much as you don't have to celebrate Hanukkah as Rabbinic Christmas. As far as your thoughts on the "ritual" aspect of the observance...I am very receptive...especially as it pertains to BBQ...and don't forget the Israeli Salad.

Baruch Haba B'shem YHWH

Yevarekhekha YHWH

Shalom

I hope I got all all the Hebrew right...please give me your feedback :)
YHWH's ordinances are true, and righteous altogether.
Offline bitnet  
#3 Posted : Monday, February 4, 2008 1:01:10 AM(UTC)
bitnet

Hello jojocc and shalom82,

Awww, you folks are making me wanna hug you... tightly! We have enough on our hands trying to get in step with Yahweh's Miqrym and you do this to us now? Can't you wait till the tents have gone down on Sukkoth before introducing new feasts that celebrate Israel's liberation in ancient times? ;-)

Hahahaha! Anything for a party, huh?! Well, I guess I'm up for it if it happens in my neighbourhood, though I doubt it cos there are too few Yahudim in my country (if any). There is no mispocheh that I know of here, let alone a havurah who believe in the Salvation of Yahushua. And I am not allowed to travel to Eretz Yisrael... it is the only country barred in my passport.

So I shall sit out these two parties and go watch a movie instead while you both strum your guitars and drink Goldstar or Maccabee.

Ohev Yisra'el!
The reverence of Yahweh is the beginning of Wisdom.
Offline shalom82  
#4 Posted : Monday, February 4, 2008 1:13:03 AM(UTC)
shalom82

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
well...jojocc likes Goldstar...I defer to her. As for the guitar...can't strum a note...but I can play a hand drum. I really really wish we all could get together...raise sheep or something...be a community of believers...I know I sound crazy...I know Yahuweh put us in our respective conditions for a reason...but...anyways...to dream is nice sometimes...for a moment or two.

Shalom Aleichem
YHWH's ordinances are true, and righteous altogether.
Offline Mike_Browell  
#5 Posted : Monday, February 4, 2008 9:55:16 AM(UTC)
Mike_Browell
Man

Daddy Yahweh's Love Everyone,

Shalom82 I also dream that sometimes... but keep in mind that it WILL happen we just have to wait another 25 years or till we die whichever comes first... As for getting together on the national holidays of Yisra'el I would not be adverse as long as the ritual aspects were removed and it was used as a time to reflect on what Yahweh has done for Yisra'el. Though, I would also say that the miqrym are enough. So, these extra days definitely aren't a big deal.

Your loving Brother,
Michael Browell
Offline jojocc  
#6 Posted : Friday, February 8, 2008 5:41:16 AM(UTC)
jojocc

shalom82 wrote:
I really really wish we all could get together...raise sheep or something...be a community of believers...

Ha ha, have you put a bug in my living room? Was just saying that the other day :-)

Certainly any excuse for a party, the scriptures are full of them and its a fantastic way to remember YHWH. Shame you can't come here bitnet + family, it is a sad reminder for me of how confused the world has become. My thoughts are with you.
Offline bitnet  
#7 Posted : Saturday, February 9, 2008 7:12:49 AM(UTC)
bitnet

Oy Vey! Ve haf veys of gedding there if ve haf to, jojocc! :-))

But seriously, Malaysians have been going on "a pilgrimage to the Holy Land" simply by not getting their passport stamped but by using some other travel document. Trouble is, the travel has to be arranged and managed "officially" so that the papers are in order, and such tours are usually "closely managed" leaving little time out for personal agendas. Now if the Vatican suddenly decreed that all Christians have to make a pilgrimage to the Church of the Holy Sepulchre once in their life time... (ala Islam and the haj to Mecca), then the world cannot stop them from going to Jerusalem, can they? Hahahaha! Ask for a crumb and think of a banquet...

Edited by user Wednesday, February 13, 2008 8:04:37 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

The reverence of Yahweh is the beginning of Wisdom.