logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Mike_Browell  
#1 Posted : Thursday, January 31, 2008 1:54:26 PM(UTC)
Mike_Browell
Man

Yahweh's Love Everyone,
I am a person who has always been dependant on the physical presence of someone I was fellowshipping with. To give you an example as a lifelone gamer. Where other people were happy to commune through their TV and Computer moniters I've always preffered playing with someone on the same TV. I pray the Yahweh my dad, wonderous El-Shaddai, will provide believing Brothers and Sisters into my life.

Your Loving Brother,
Michael Browell
Offline bitnet  
#2 Posted : Thursday, January 31, 2008 6:32:05 PM(UTC)
bitnet

Hello Mike,

You are a gamer? You play PS2 games? Hmmm... what are the odds of THAT happening in this day and age! Hahahaha! I thought almost everyone in developed countries play computer games nowadays... Well, I confess I do have a PS2 and I do play PC games as well. Not very much but once in a while. I do appreciate advances in software and hardware development and the interesting storylines that are emerging. Games tend to push the limits of IT development and indicates what can be done next year or in the next five to ten years... or even 25 years when a certain assassination is supposed to happen to a global leader...

Games, like movies, also tend to unveil and/or reflect the current ethos of youth and thereby indicate where we are headed as the current generation of players may be the leaders of tomorrow. Trends are also set by the same demographic, and this is very important for economic and social development.

But putting all these aside, some games are really good and I enjoy playing them. The last game I really enjoyed is BioShock and my current PC wallpaper is a picture of the featured underwater city, and the text at the top says "Welcome To Rapture". Need I say more? :-)
The reverence of Yahweh is the beginning of Wisdom.
Offline gammafighter  
#3 Posted : Thursday, January 31, 2008 7:19:10 PM(UTC)
gammafighter
Man

I can't speak for Canada, bitnet, but in the USA, a lot of boys play video games, but only "nerds" do it more or less all the time. I hope no one minds me using the term "nerd" because I'm a self-proclaimed nerd. I don't believe in sugar-coating it. The term has negative connotations, but it can tell you a lot about me with just that one word.

That being said, i'm a fan of Warcraft III (anyone on the west coast of CA or US, we should play some time! my username is gammafighter) And more recently, my stepbrother got Rock Band for 360. I'm looking forward to playing Bioshock someday, but not for a year or two. I doubt it would run on my current system, and i like to get video games a few years later after the price has dropped significantly. Oh yea, Advance Wars 2 for Game Boy is another really neat game I got into during long plane ride to chicago and back.

Hooray for video game fellowship!
Offline Mike_Browell  
#4 Posted : Thursday, January 31, 2008 7:19:31 PM(UTC)
Mike_Browell
Man

Yahweh our dad's love upon everyone,
Yes, I also enjoy the mental stimulation fast paced strategy oriented games provide. My favorite is Halo. I recieved my first nintendo when I was 5 and have been in love ever since.

Your Loving Brother,
Michael Browell

Edited by user Thursday, January 31, 2008 10:40:03 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline bitnet  
#5 Posted : Friday, February 1, 2008 1:15:44 AM(UTC)
bitnet

Oh, Gamma... don't tell me I'm a nerd! I've played quite a lot of games from Pacman to 3D BattleChess to Tetris to the original Castle Wolfenstein through Doom up till Halo and most recently BioShock. Sigh! Now I know what I am... :-(
Offline Tiffany  
#6 Posted : Friday, February 1, 2008 5:16:15 AM(UTC)
Tiffany
Woman

Funny how this post started out as a lonely heart and has turned into all about geeks, nerds, and video games...if you play to many games lonely is an understatement.

I hope all are having a good week and I just ask Yah to continue to develop relationships for all of us in our workplaces, homes, and communities!

Blessings,
Tiffany
Offline bitnet  
#7 Posted : Friday, February 1, 2008 7:21:13 AM(UTC)
bitnet

Hello Tiffany,

Blessings to you too! Just to let you know... I'm married so I am not lonely! :-)) And I am more twice the average age of these guys, so there is some chance for them yet. BTW, are you married? I know three young men...