logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Yada  
#1 Posted : Friday, January 25, 2008 8:09:39 PM(UTC)
Yada

I found a very interesting video that I thought I would share here. It's from the book: TO HELL AND BACK By Doctor Maurices S. Rawlings. Dr. Rawlings (formerly an atheist himself) has collected accounts from people who have had "near death experiences" and describe going to hell.

On this page, you can find a brief summary of the book and a link to the video. The page is here.

Here is one of the accounts and some information about the author Dr. Rawlings' own personal experience and conversion:

Quote:
Another account is found on page 75. It goes like this: (one of Dr. Rawlings patients talking) "I was guided to a place in the spirit world called Hell. This is a place of punishment for all those who reject Jesus Christ. I not only saw Hell, but felt the torment that all who go there experience. The darkness of Hell is so intense that it seems to have a pressure per square inch. It is an extremely black, dismal, desolate, pressurized, heavy, type of darkness. It gives the individual a despondent feeling of loneliness. The heat is a dry, dehydrating type: your eyeballs are so dry they feel like red hot coals in there sockets. Your tongue and lips are parched and cracked with intense heat. ... The loneliness of Hell cannot be expressed." (pg 75).

Yet another story follows: "I (Dr. Rawlings) was giving CPR to a patient when the following incident occurred. I inserted a pacemaker through the shoulder and guided it through the vain into Charlie's heart. His heart stopped so I began to pound on the his heart, but as I did blood spurted out, I stopped to adjust the pacemaker. And as I did, Charlie's eyes would roll back in his head, he would sputter, turn blue, and convulse. This happened several times. Once while I was stopped to adjust the pacemaker Charlie screamed, 'Don't stop, don't stop, I'm in Hell, I'm in Hell.' Hallucinations, I thought at first, but most victims say, 'Take your big hands off me, your breaking my ribs,' but he was saying the opposite 'For Gods sake don't stop! Don't you understand, every time you stop I'm in Hell. When he asked me to pray for him I felt downright insulted. I told him to shut up, I'm a doctor, not a minister or a psychiatrist. Then the nurse gave me that expectant look. What would you do? That's when I composed a make believe prayer. I made him repeat the prayer to keep him off my back. Say it! Jesus Christ son of God, Keep me out of Hell. And a very strange thing took place. He was no longer that wild-eyed screaming lunatic. It was then that I too (Dr. Rawlings) became a Christian." (pg 37).

As I said earlier, Dr. Rawlings is not a Theologian, or a Minister, rather an unbiased Doctor who has written the findings of the patients he has resuscitated.

If you'd like to join the YY Study Group room on Paltalk - just click here. The lockword is: yadayahweh
You can download the free software here.
Hope to see everyone on Paltalk!
WARNING: Do not give out personal information (name, address, etc.) to anyone on Paltalk - ever!
Offline bitnet  
#2 Posted : Saturday, January 26, 2008 12:37:40 AM(UTC)
bitnet

Hello Yada,

I am not surprised that such a book has come about. I had previously received a book titled "Heaven Is Real" which details visits to heaven with Jesus. More such books to cloud Truth shall appear in the next quarter century, some with huge blatant lies and some with just enough untruth mixed in to throw people into confusion.
The reverence of Yahweh is the beginning of Wisdom.
Offline kp  
#3 Posted : Saturday, January 26, 2008 5:38:14 AM(UTC)
kp

It's interesting that the first guy's description of "being in hell" is a pretty fair (though anthropomorphic) match for what Yada's linguistic analysis of the scriptural hell revealed---pressure and darkness. He didn't "see" a Dante-esque scene, or a Gary Larson ("Far Side") cave- or volcano-like hell. His "torment" seemed to consist primarily of being utterly alone.

kp