logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Yada  
#1 Posted : Friday, January 25, 2008 10:58:55 AM(UTC)
Yada

I just wondered whether or not people on the forum addressed members of the "clergy" as "Father," "Rev.," "Rabbi," "Pastor," etc.? Do you use any title(s) at all? How do you handle these situations?
If you'd like to join the YY Study Group room on Paltalk - just click here. The lockword is: yadayahweh
You can download the free software here.
Hope to see everyone on Paltalk!
WARNING: Do not give out personal information (name, address, etc.) to anyone on Paltalk - ever!
Offline bitnet  
#2 Posted : Friday, January 25, 2008 2:34:09 PM(UTC)
bitnet

Hello Yada,

I, er, stopped addressing them! How, I choose not to meet any of them if possible. Well, I thought that since they put themselves there... But then again, I have a friend who is a "moving pastor" in the sense that he is not officially tied down to any one congregation. But I always call him by name. I can imagine if fishermen, or a tax collectors or carpenters did not need a title way back then despite their obvious appointments, then none is necessary today. Use their names or not at all. A "hello" or "excuse me" usually suffices if you do not want to use titles.
The reverence of Yahweh is the beginning of Wisdom.
Offline Mike_Browell  
#3 Posted : Friday, January 25, 2008 2:34:22 PM(UTC)
Mike_Browell
Man

Peace and Happiness Everyone,

I went to a non-denominational church for a while and called the leaders Pastor. That title doesn't bother me. Although, as it has been said that word really should be translated shepherd as it is in every other instance of that word in the RC. As, for Father and Rabbi I would refuse to use that title.

Your Loving Brother,
Michael Browell
Offline Robskiwarrior  
#4 Posted : Friday, January 25, 2008 3:00:56 PM(UTC)
Robskiwarrior
Man

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
personally - I just call them by their first name... and to be honest I don't think I have ever met one who wanted me to call him "Pastor" or "father" - even the most Catholic ones. that could be more of an English thing though? I dunno...
Signature Updated! Woo that was old...
Offline Icy  
#5 Posted : Saturday, January 26, 2008 6:27:46 AM(UTC)
Icy
Man

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 2 post(s)
I never really used titles, and I have no desire to now. I just use their name if I need to speak to them or of them.
Offline Mike_Browell  
#6 Posted : Sunday, January 27, 2008 10:25:05 AM(UTC)
Mike_Browell
Man

Peace and Happiness Everyone,

Actually the funniest title I think is Christians that call each other like Brother John or Sister Jane. I mean I have a brother and I definitely don't call him Brother Ryan. haha

Your Loving Brother,
Michael Browell