logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Mike_Browell  
#1 Posted : Thursday, January 24, 2008 7:41:43 PM(UTC)
Mike_Browell
Man

Peace Everyone,
I will make a quick statement of my need and the expound further once replies appear. I believe that I may be possessed by a spirit of anger which my life as a non-believer may have encouraged because even as my walk improves I still find myself being overly judgmental and snappish especially with my blood sibling. Which obviously is not conducive to their salvation. Also, I find myself having far to much trouble focusing on The Set-Apart Scriptures and prayer. I ask the people pray on the things and also discuss them with me that my Father may teach me through your loving words of advice. One thing I ask is what study methods people find most effective for reading scripture. Any help/encouragement/advice/reproof would be greatly appreciated.

Your Loving Brother,
Michael Browell
Offline MZ  
#2 Posted : Monday, January 28, 2008 11:54:46 AM(UTC)
MZ

Mike,
I read a book several years ago that may be a help to you concerning anger. It was written by a Christian woman who had a problem with anger.
There is much wisdom revealed in it.
The book is: Be Angry, But Don't Blow It by Lisa Bevere.
In the Love of Yahushua,
Madeline
Offline CK  
#3 Posted : Monday, January 28, 2008 12:39:21 PM(UTC)
CK

Mike,
You have been on my mind since you originally posted your distress. One morning while reading Scriptures, I came to Tehillim (Psalm) 143, and I immediately thought of you. I feel a nudge to share it with you. Here's how Psalm 143 reads in "The Scriptures" (ISR):

Hear my prayer, O Yahuweh,
Give ear to my pleadings
In Your trustworthiness.
Answer me in Your righteousness.
2 And do not enter into right-ruling with
Your servant.
For before You no one living is in the
right.
3 For the enemy has pursued my being;
He has crushed my life to the ground;
He has made me dwell in dark places,
Like the dead of old.
4 Therefore my spirit grew faint within
me,
My heart within me is stunned.
5 I remembered the days of old;
I meditated on all Your works;
I ponder on the work of Your hands.
6 I have spread out my hands to You;
My being is like a thirsty land for You.
Selah.
7 Hasten, answer me, O Yahuweh;
My spirit fails! Do not hide Your face
from me.
Lest I be like those going down into
the pit.
8 Let me hear Your kindness in the
morning.
For in You I have put my trust;
Let me know the way in which I
should walk,
For I have lifted up my being to You.
9 Deliver me from my enemies, O Yahuweh;
I take refuge in You.
10 Teach me to do Your good pleasure,
For You are my Elohim.
Let Your good Spirit lead me
In the land of straightness.
11 For the sake of Your Name,
O Yahuweh, revive me!
In Your righteousness,
Bring my being out of distress.
12 And in Your kindness,
Cut off my enemies.
And destroy all the adversaries of my life,
For I am Your servant!

Also, "Put on the complete armour of Elohim, for you to have power to stand against the schemes of the devil." (Ephesians 6:11) Put on Yah's complete armour! See Ephesians 5:13-17.

And - pray for other people. Try not to focus so much on your situation. Talk to the Father. He is the Father who does not desert His children! He will not let go of your hand as you learn to walk in His Way. Remember that! Focus on that! Trust Him! Free fall into His arms!

"The truth is, we are not alone in our battles. However, if we believe we are alone--if we accept the lie that God does not care---our darkened thinking will isolate us from the loving commitment of God." (Francis Frangipane's "Behold How He Loves Us")

You are not going through any thing that has not afflicted every single believer for centuries! Let Yah restore you. You must be heading in the right direction already, or the adversary would not be so interested in you. Verbally, out loud, command the adversary to leave you in the Name of Yahushua Ha Mashiach! Then praise Yah for His loving kindness. And do your utmost to control your fleshly thoughts and tongue. You can do anything through Him who gives you strength. Believe it! I'll be praying for you.

Didn't mean to write a book.

CK

Edited by user Tuesday, January 29, 2008 2:40:27 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline shalom82  
#4 Posted : Tuesday, January 29, 2008 3:51:27 PM(UTC)
shalom82

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
I don't know what you were like before you associated with and were in relationship with Yahuweh, but if you were anything like me then most of the time that you were a jerk or did unsavory things you didn't even consider it...or if you did you had righteous indignation and thought that you were completely justified. To be convicted of sin can be a very shocking thing. I wouldn't worry too much...the fact that you are aware and have been convicted shows that you are growing...of course you have not mentioned degree...if you are throwing your sibling out of the 2nd story window everytime you have a scrape then you might have a need to be concerned. I take the the position that when you are born anew from above...you are just that...a newborn that needs to grow and learn from your heavenly Parents and your big brother. You need to learn how to walk and you have to drink milk before you can eat solid food. Take it one step at a time. Make the effort to talk to your sibling and show your love and acceptance of them and as you do that commune and seek guidance from Yahuweh on fostering your new spirit. I know you probably think...yeah...easy for you to say...it's not so easy for me to say. I have never had all that good of a relationship with my 3 older sisters...especially the one...and I make an effort now to have a better and more loving relationship with all of them...some would say it's just a diet of the mind or a maturity that comes with age...I would say...I know myself better than that...the praise goes completely to Yahuweh....HalleluYah.

Shalom
YHWH's ordinances are true, and righteous altogether.
Offline Mike_Browell  
#5 Posted : Tuesday, January 29, 2008 8:57:46 PM(UTC)
Mike_Browell
Man

Peace and Love Everyone,

I thank you brothers for your kind words. It was exactly what I needed to hear. I found the psalm especially helpful. I praise our Father Yahweh El-Shaddai. For he provisions me when I needed with exactly when I need it. and I praise you brothers for being open to His call. HalleluYah!

Your Loving Brother,
Michael Browell