logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Mike_Browell  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, January 22, 2008 7:07:45 PM(UTC)
Mike_Browell
Man

Peace Everyone,
I'm not sure this is the place to post this, but I couldn't think of a better place. I'm a great lover of music and always have been, but I've been have a terrible time finding great music that is spiritually uplifting. I've always been a fan of Metal (Not of the Death or Black variety), and also complex rock (i.e., The Beatles). Because I can't find a suitable replacement I have been having a hard time distancing myself from fleshy music. So, if anyone has suggestions or just music that you enjoy post away, please.

Your Loving Brother,
Michael Browell
Offline bitnet  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, January 22, 2008 10:12:37 PM(UTC)
bitnet

Shalom Mike,

You know what... I confess that I like Led Zeppelin and Santana! Among several others like U2 and Bob Dylan and Bruce Springsteen, I also like Classical, Jazz, Blues, Country and some Pop. Then I also like traditional Indian Karnatic, Australian aboriginal, Japanese enka, African drums, and a lot of other stuff. I'm learning to play the blues harmonica... perhaps one day we can have a jam session!
The reverence of Yahweh is the beginning of Wisdom.
Offline Icy  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, January 23, 2008 2:51:54 AM(UTC)
Icy
Man

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 2 post(s)
I just like music. . . period. Though, I do tend to prefer the same stuff as you Mike. It may not be intended to be spiritually uplifting, but I listen to it with the intent to get something spiritual out of it. Sure, there are some things I have to ignore, but generally I get something good out of it. Though, most of the time I just listen to the music, and not really the words.
Offline MZ  
#4 Posted : Wednesday, January 23, 2008 11:00:46 AM(UTC)
MZ

Blessings everyone. I hope you receive this in the spirit of love, as is my intent. Rock music, and its "roots and relatives", was conceived by and comes from Satan. The Beatles, along with MANY others, some of whom you have also named, were devotees of Aleister Crowley, the world's most "highly" acclaimed satanist. He cursed, blasphemed, and mocked our wonderful Creator and Savior. He performed and advocated rituals involving human sacrifice, eating human flesh and drinking blood, and all kinds of sexual perversities. The Sgt. Pepper album was dedicated to him, has his picture on the cover, and cryptic songs about him. He is/was Sgt. Pepper. I implore you to please go to www.goodfight.org and read their free articles, listen and watch the free video clips exposing these groups and their music. The DVD available there for purchase--They Sold Their Souls for Rock and Roll-- is the most shocking expose' you will ever see. As children of the Light let us have nothing to do with the deeds of darkness, but rather reprove them. May the shalom of Yahushua guard your hearts and minds.
Offline shalom82  
#5 Posted : Wednesday, January 23, 2008 1:15:53 PM(UTC)
shalom82

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
I know that MZ probably sounds paranoid to many of you, but what he/she (sorry,not sure) says actually has a whole lot of truth to it. I read an expose on Sgt. Pepper and the Beatles and the Stones and their devotion to Satanism and Magick. The Beetles were indeed devotees of Crowley and Crowley is indeed present in the cutouts. But what is more shocking is that many of the other cutouts were also devotees of Satanism or Cultic orders. There was a cut out of Jane Mansfield, and every body thinks she was just a ditzy blonde bombshell, well actually she was a Priestess in the Church of Satan. Ms. Monroe is also on it and she is known to have dabbled in Satanism as well, and actually visited Anton Levay if I remember correctly. There are a couple of thugee gurus, several writers that were of communist sympathies, (Shaw) or who dabbled in the occult and spiritism (Poe), or who were hateful of God (Wilde). You will also find Marx in all his God hating, human worshipping infamy. Huxley, who experimented with somatic drugs was also there. I will be the first to admit that there are many people who are inconsequential and benign, such as Fred Astaire....as far as I know. But some people who didn't make the cut were Hitler Ghandhi, and a cutout of Jesus. These cutouts were people that the Beatles admited that they admired. How can you be an admirer of both Hitler and Yahushua? And people think that Ghandhi is so benign, and such a wonderful man...infact when he died...It was commented that the world had lost another Jesus. This man was no Yahushua. Nobody in the 20th century did more to confuse truth and set apartness. He mixed all the religions into a big bag and made it all Holy and good. People look to Gandhi like he is a Messiah and the ultimate expression of good, so they mimic his mishmashed sort of spiritualism and all roads lead to Rome attitude. Truth is not a state of mind....it is an absolute whether we can attain it or not. Whatever he did for his country is overshadowed by the kind of ideal of spiritual gobbledygook he has impressed upon this world. Hitler was evil and only the very deluded or the very evil themselves can't see that. It's very hard for people to realize that Gandhi thrust a sort of evil on the world. All you need to do is look at some of the Beatles lyrics and realize that they are cryptic messages. And of course there is the drug factor. Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds...L.S.D. Sgt. Pepper was not only full of "Do what thou wilt", it was also a simulated LSD trip. There right infront of the album cover is a small representation of the Whore as well if you notice. There is a doll half sitting/laying on the right side. The Doll's dress has the words "Welcome, the Rolling Stones" on it. I don't even think that I have to get started on the Stones and Satanism. But just a few fun facts for you. Mick Jagger scored the epic Satanist film Lucifer Rising/Invocation to my Demon Brother, for his own Satanic Guru, Kenneth Anger...from the Process Church. How about the album Their Satanic Majesties Request This is just the tip of the iceberg...I was in a mosic store in China about a year ago and I hadn't been to basically any music stores in 2 years. I went to the international section and what did my eyes see except some of the most perverse, satanic, disgusting images I have seen in a long time. If that had been 3 years earlier and I had been my old jaded self... I probably wouldn't have batted an eye...but all this stuff...even imagry is like drugs...you can get it out of your system...and you can forget how truly disturbing the tastes of this world are when you are not exposed to it all the time.

I happen to listen to a lot of Matisyahu. It's Reggae without the pot and the Rastafarianism. He is a Hassid so you have to be careful sometimes because sometimes there are parts in the songs where he forces Hassidic thought down your throat...but some of his songs are wonderful. Chop em Down is a song about the Wilderness Wondering of Israel, and Candle is great. He urgently and desperately sings...We want Mashiach...We want Mashiach Now!....I know he doesn't believe that Yahushua is the Messiah...and it's a sad tragedy that So many Jewish Youth like him reject Messiah....but he speaks of a generation...nay...generations of Yahudim that desperately cry out for Messiah...and this generation...many of them will have the pleasant surprise of realizing who Messiah is...and realizing that he has come....back.
YHWH's ordinances are true, and righteous altogether.
Offline Robskiwarrior  
#6 Posted : Wednesday, January 23, 2008 1:37:10 PM(UTC)
Robskiwarrior
Man

I think a lot of energy is wasted in bashing "rock and roll". There is a lot more to be concerned about... The fact that these people are expressing their views through music, and a lot of the time their views are confused emotional and mostly desperately seeking of love and acceptance, only highlights more the plight of the "lost". Judging rock music as Satan, is more Satan's ploy than the words and deeds of the music and its musicians. Judging rock music as Satan takes our eyes off the problems within the so called Godly people. Pointing the finger in the direction of these musicians, who at most are no worse than average Jo in Gods eyes defects the REAL destruction and corrosion of flawed and incorrect teaching.

You can read a lot into songs that are sung, and the guy who runs the goodfight.org obviously does that with many of the examples there. I accept that some rock and rollers do promote Satanic ways or ideas, but lets look at Marilyn Manson as the prime example - whats his background? Where his parents satanic devil worshipers who probably sacrificed a load of their other kids to Satan thinking that Marylin was the chosen one to lead the world to the pit? No, they were "good and devout Catholic's". So in that instance, who failed who? Who led who astray? Is it just the increadible evilness inside marylin himself? or could it be the fact that the religion that was ment to hold the answers locked him in chains so tight he had to "rebel" against them... whats the best way to rebel against the establishment you hate? Become the thing they declare they hate...

Rock and Roll epitomizes the culture that we have lived in since the soul, rythm and blues really kicked things off. Its a pure reflection of a lost generation. Its popular, because its raw, and real. The stories told inside it connect to the broken people who listen to it - and in a way, good or bad, people find strength there and a connection to someone who must know what they are experiencing.

I heard a ridiculous statistic that about 95% of songs written are about love. That covers the whole spectrum of new love, long love, faithful love, unfaithful love, lost love, no love... Anyone make a link to what the human race is looking for yet?

Christians like this guy bash this culture like its evil, like its bad and sinful - sure it is - but has the guy looked in the mirror recently?

These people are hurting and lost, there existence is for pleasure and the distorted vision of love that the world has now painted. They are desperate for acceptance, and love. So what do the Church do? They slap them down as evil and corrupting the youth. The church who are meant to know what the completion of Love is, what the meaning of life is and most of all what it is to look past the outside and forgive. The mask that these talented musicians display, is a mask - if Christianity was what it claimed to be then His Glory, His Power and His Peace and Love would flow in a physical manifestation to the broken of the world, to the people who are seeking that missing bit. But it doesn't.

So lets look at Christianity. A religion that has killed murdered and conquered its way through history, a religion that teaches and accepts the ways of man above the ways of our Father. A religion that sets itself to the world as good and righteous but actually twists what Yahuweh says and deceives billions away from Yah's time line, purpose, good living guide, the knowledge of Him and His Name, AND ultimately the relationship which is the only thing that guarantees your eternal existence.

On one hand we have a organisation of Rock and Roll - where the band members are openly messed up, confused and baring their souls and passion to the fans as they trip and stumble through this life. On the other you have an organisation that has brainwashed billions into believing man over Yahuweh, taking everything of value out of what Yah teaches and completely misses the point of well lets be honest, pretty much everything that is important to the one person they claim to love above everything.

Which is the one who has "sold their soul" now? Which one is more effective in disabling relationship with Yahuweh?

I'm sorry, but the answer isn't Rock and Roll...
Signature Updated! Woo that was old...
Offline shalom82  
#7 Posted : Wednesday, January 23, 2008 4:20:18 PM(UTC)
shalom82

Robski, you have made some valid points, especially the point about hypocrisy. But I am not and for all I know MZ is not attacking Rock n Roll as an institution or as an artform as much as I am noticing and aknowledging a disturbing and factual trend that is present in rock n roll since the 1960's, as it pertains to a general overall trend and as it relates to specific bands. It is a fact that the Beatles and the Stones are arguably the most influential Rock bands in history and they were both involved with satanism, mysticism, and psychotropic drug induced altered states. What I really can't understand is that if we were talking about Rock and Roll and a Quranic Islamic influence that was present in that...there wouldn't even be any dissent but since they are rebelling against a hypocritical church and are "confused" then they are defensible. You are right that you must always be willing to reach out with love and be willing to "remove the plank the plank from your own eye" before you go out and bash people that could be in a delicate state of mind, but at the same time you call something what it is. An activity that we have admired kp and Yada so much for. Many of us get upset when we see the influence that CAIR has in America, but we turn a blind eye towards the media (which popular music is included in) and the "do what thou wilt" koolaide they have been making te American public drink for a long time.

I understand that a lot of Satanism is "playing red indians"...attaching meaning and significance to the banal and the inconsequential....but what is not inconsequential and is terrifying about Satanism/Mysticism is that by attaching meanings to certain actions or images or whatever else...they manifest through their action a state of mind and of being that is primarily a separation and hatred from and of Yahuweh...For example say Tomorrow I declared that I am wearing red because I believe Red is the color of the adversary and I am wearing to show my hatred towards Yahuweh, that does not make the wearing of the color red evil...it simply makes my association and intent evil. Lifting up a staff 20 times is not evil in and of itself...but to do so in ritual reverence to a false deity that is perpetrated by the adversary to steal glory away from Yahuweh...is. The skull or a little red horned man, or for that matter blood and gore or fire mean nothing until we attach a significance to them that is a manifestation of the state of our heart and mindset. They are not images so much of rebellion and hatred as they have become the trademark images of those who would rebel....and we have seen these images...these signs...like "giving the goat" and tongue wagging used to the point where they are a cliche in Rock music. It's not about the style of music at all...you can say I hate you in the sweetest softest tone available, but you are still saying I hate you. It doesn't matter if it's a barber shop quartet saying and espousing such things...it's just that rock has the overwhelming propensity to be the vehicle of this certain P.O.V.

We all have had our scrapes with the church, know of it's hypocrisies, understand it's shortcomings, but we held on to some truth...understood there was some truth and dug deeper...they gave up...and not only threw away that truth...but embraced the adversary. Whether or not some of these groups espouse what they sell to the public is inconsequential....they are dragging down enough of their peers with them and decieving many to walking away from Yahuweh. We are not talking about disenchanted youth, or songs about coming of age, confusion, mommy and daddy don't understand me stuff, we are talking about bands who followed the teachings of some of the preeminant satanists of the day. Bands that strove to do away with institutions of marriage and family or for that matter in some cases heterosexuality. They worked in conjunction with Mystics that espoused every belief from Astarte to Zeus. For example...
Quote:
Timothy Leary, an Harvard psychologist, who was the LSD "guru" of the 60's. Leary preached spiritual "enlightenment" could be obtained by LSD. Many rockers, like the Beatles, were deeply influenced by Leary. The Beatle's song "Come Together" was dedicated to Leary, and Leary even sang background on Lennon's "Give Peace A Chance".

Leary was also a very serious follower of Crowley. On PBS Late Night America, Leary admitted to being an "admirer" of Crowley and Leary believed he was carrying on Crowley's work:

"Well I've been an admirer of Aleister Crowley. I think that I'm carrying on much of the work that he started over a hundred years ago, and I think the 60's themselves. . . He was in favor of finding yourself, and 'Do what thou wilt shall be the whole of the law' under love. It was a very powerful statement. I'm sorry he isn't around now to appreciate the glories he started."

These were people who lived by, "Do what thou wilt, shall be the whole of the law." If we can't admit that we have seen the fruit of that very teaching in today's society...a seed planted long ago but took a firm root in the late 20th century...that there was no right there was no wrong...there was no truth...there was no lie...only do what thou wilt...then we really are in denial. I can't speak for the website that MZ introduced and I can't speak for all rock groups but I know enough about some of them to realize what they espouse leads to death for most who would live by it or attachment to the adversary for a few.

Take this set of lyrics:

Quote:
"We come bursting through your bodies
Rape your helpless soul
Transform you into a creature
Merciless and cold
We force you to kill your brother
Eat his blood and brain
Shredding flesh and sucking bone
Till everyone's insane
We are pestilent and contaminate
The world Demonic legions prevail"
"DEMONS" by Rigor Mortis

I realize this is an extreme example...but how long will it be before this is mainstream...not as long as any of us think if history is any witness.
In the wing of Music...this is a part...albeit an extreme part of the glories that Crowely started. There is a step by step documented process that started around the time of the Beatles, and encompassed bands like The Stones, The Doors, and even the Beach boys, and the steady process towards heavy metal and it's deeply satanic influence. I am sorry if you disagree Robski, you know that most of the time we agree and I have benefitted personally from many of the brilliant ways that you have put things...but I can't agree with you here.
YHWH's ordinances are true, and righteous altogether.
Offline bitnet  
#8 Posted : Wednesday, January 23, 2008 6:55:33 PM(UTC)
bitnet

Hello All,

When I look at how Osama bin Laden talks in his video, with a soft gentle voice, I do not see a ranting, raving lunatic bent of murdering and destroying. However, his message is very clear and that is his evil intent.

When I listen to a sermon by an impassioned Catholic priest, the language is that of love and reconciliation. However good his intentions are we know that he does not speak in Truth as he is as misguided as most clerics are.

When I see the devout Hindus pierce their bodies and skewer their tongues in devotion to their gods during Thaipusam, I know that their minds and hearts are in the right place but that they have no knowledge of Yahweh hence their actions.

Clearly, the medium is not the real problem, the message is. Classical operas can be devoted to the Adversary and rocking blues may praise the Creator for His mercy and blessings. The history of the music genres are not to be confused with the music, else we shall all be silent.
The reverence of Yahweh is the beginning of Wisdom.
Offline highbrow  
#9 Posted : Wednesday, January 23, 2008 7:52:41 PM(UTC)
highbrow

Just wanted to stop in and say Hi. Have been browsing these forums for several months. Have also read most of Yada's stuff and left my church because of it. It is a good feeling, but it is difficult sharing this with others around here. Right now trying to just share it with my wife(very slow to come around) and my teenage son(not interested). Anyway,to get to to the point, I recently ran accross a cd by a band called NEEDTOBREATHE. Their most recent release is called the "THE HEAT". Excellent band. First radio tract off this album is titled "Signature of the Divine(YAHWEH)". I enjoy the whole cd. Not once are the words LORD or JESUS used. Not sure if that is happen stance or by design. but it works. Just my $.02.
Offline MZ  
#10 Posted : Wednesday, January 23, 2008 7:56:18 PM(UTC)
MZ

Rob,
I'm sorry, but I'm afraid you missed the point. I was addressing fellow believers concerning the satanic roots of rock 'n roll, not the lost who don't know any better. I did not write to judge the world. I know they are lost, hurting, and confused, as I once was. I have been working at a High School since 1995 with troubled youth grades 7-12, most of whose parents were and are part of the "sex, drugs, and rock n' roll" (not necessarily in that order) culture. I also was part of that culture starting in 1963 with the Beatles, then sex, then drugs, until I was miraculously saved, delivered, born anew from above and filled with Yahuweh's Spirit in 1994. Even obtaining my job in this small town where most people new of me was a mighty miracle. I am now 59 and still daily see that culture bringing death, destruction, and despair.
As far as judging the music, we are told to prove ALL THINGS whether they be of Yahuweh, and that is not "more Satan's ploy". I'm puzzled that you talk about pointing the finger at musicians and then you point the finger at a Godly believer who you don't even know. He was once one of those musicians and by the mercy and favor of Yahuweh he came out of that dangerous trap. He's shown Yahuweh's love to many including families of the Columbine martyrs who were massacred by demon-possessed followers of Satan doing what their music god told them in the words to their songs. And Joe Schimmel doesn't need to "read" anything into the songs, as you say. The lyrics speak for themselves. "Christians like this guy" is not "bashing" but merely exposing the culture because he loves the lost and wants to get them off of the HighwayTo Hell that has sent perhaps millions to their doom.
One of Satan's greatest ploys is to take the heat off himself and his schemes that are being exposed and divert it somewhere else. And one of his favorite targets is Christians and Christianity. I will not get into a discussion about the low or bad points of Christianity that we are well aware of. However, Yahushua has an ekklesia called Philadelphia. Some of them may not know the true Names, the Migra, Sabbath, etc., but they love Yahushua with all their hearts, minds, souls, and strength, and they love His children. And He loves them and has nothing but good things to say about them. I believe Joe Schimmel is one of these, for Yahushua says you will know them by their fruit.

In the love of Messiyah,
Madeline

Let the Word of Messiyah dwell in you richly, teaching and admonishing one another in all wisdom, singing with pleasure in your hearts to the Master in psalms and songs of praise and spiritual songs. Colossians 3:16
Offline jojocc  
#11 Posted : Wednesday, January 23, 2008 11:36:52 PM(UTC)
jojocc

Hmmmm,

I think we are all right here (sorry to be a salt-willy).

There is a very easy way out of this. Remember that anything we do through our own righteousness is a filthy rags. We are told to be transformed not conformed. We are to be changed on the inside by YHWH. As that happens we will find our own righteousness replaced by His. It is at this point that if something, (e.g. the music that we enjoy listening to, be it anything from Segovia to Black Sabbath) is not in line with his will, a change will happen to us and we will no longer feel the desire to listen.

I no longer feel any need to sneak in a banger, some calamari rings or to drink til I'm sick. I also see no need to switch on my telly, and if I do I'm usually so bored I read a book instead - not always the 'Good Book' I'm afraid. I no longer wait with anticipation for the next episode of my favourite series.

What I'm trying to say is that everything in this world that is not from YHWH is from either the knowledge we gained from the tree, or from Lucifer himself, so unless you are able to cut youself off from the world (if you are, where are you, I'll come and join you) then we have to rely on YHWH and the Ruarkh HaQodesh to change our minds. If you still want to listen to your music, do so until a change has come inside you. Then it will have been YHWH's doing and not your own, and you will have joy from the change, not questions.
Offline Swalchy  
#12 Posted : Wednesday, January 23, 2008 11:43:50 PM(UTC)
Swalchy
Man

MZ wrote:
I was addressing fellow believers concerning the satanic roots of rock 'n roll, not the lost who don't know any better.

Something in common with Christianity then (Satanic root = Mithraism)

Quote:
As far as judging the music, we are told to prove ALL THINGS whether they be of Yahuweh, and that is not "more Satan's ploy".

Like Christianity

Quote:
The lyrics speak for themselves. "Christians like this guy" is not "bashing" but merely exposing the culture because he loves the lost and wants to get them off of the HighwayTo Hell that has sent perhaps millions to their doom.

Like Christianity, that has sent billions?

I'd also rather say "destruction" than hell

Quote:
One of Satan's greatest ploys is to take the heat off himself and his schemes that are being exposed and divert it somewhere else.

Like taking the heat off Christianity for example? One of Satan's biggest schemes along with Islam.

Quote:
And one of his favorite targets is Christianity.

I wouldn't say he attacks Christianity - the Christians within Christianity he already has under one of his many schemes.

Quote:
However, Yahushua has an ekklesia called Philadelphia. Some of them may not know the true Names, the Migra, Sabbath, etc., but they love Yahushua with all their hearts, minds, souls, and strength, and they love His children. And He loves them and has nothing but good things to say about them. I believe Joe Schimmel is one of these, for Yahushua says you will know them by their fruit.

But that is one example out of 2 billion people. And I believe I can quite honestly say that I have no idea about the rest of the 2 Billion either. "Dishonest hypocrites" are left outside the walls of the New Jerusalem, not kept within it.

What Robski's, and my point, is that whilst some bands might have Satanic roots (I've never liked the Beatles or Rolling Stones), they are nothing compared to Christianity. At least Rock 'n' Roll isn't claiming to do something it doesn't do - it does not doloo the Word of God - it does not Add or mix human traditions to the Word of God in order to twist, corrupt, debase, adulterate, ensnare, weaken, mutilate and change it so that people can be mislead and deceived.

Christianity on the other hand does do exactly that, yet claims it doesn't. That is Satan's biggest ploy brethren - getting people to believe that lies are truth.

Rock n roll doesn't claim it's in the business of saving souls.

Christianity does.

Edit: Just something extra to say:

Quote:
"Christians like this guy" is not "bashing" but merely exposing the culture because he loves the lost and wants to get them off of the HighwayTo Hell

I'm sorry, but he is just another example of Christians trying to remove the speck of dirt from someones eye, when there is a huge log in their own (Christianity).

No one within the bounds of Christianity can judge something else for being "satanic" and not be hypocritical.

As Yahushua says in Matthew 7:3-5

And why worry about a speck in your friend’s eye when you have a log in your own? How can you think of saying to your friend, ‘Let me help you get rid of that speck in your eye,’ when you can’t see past the log in your own eye? Hypocrite! First get rid of the log in your own eye; then you will see well enough to deal with the speck in your friend’s eye.

Before the guy from www.goodfight.org started his campaigne against 'Rock n roll,' he should've removed the log from his eye before attempting to help those under satanic influence within Rock and roll.

As Paul also says in Romans 1:28-2:3

Since they thought it foolish to acknowledge God, he abandoned them to their foolish thinking and let them do things that should never be done. Their lives became full of every kind of wickedness, sin, greed, hate, envy, murder, quarreling, deception, malicious behavior, and gossip. They are backstabbers, haters of God, insolent, proud, and boastful. They invent new ways of sinning, and they disobey their parents. They refuse to understand, break their promises, are heartless, and have no mercy. They know God’s justice requires that those who do these things deserve to die, yet they do them anyway. Worse yet, they encourage others to do them, too. You may think you can condemn such people, but you are just as bad, and you have no excuse! When you say they are wicked and should be punished, you are condemning yourself, for you who judge others do these very same things. And we know that God, in his justice, will punish anyone who does such things. Since you judge others for doing these things, why do you think you can avoid God’s judgment when you do the same things?

Christians condemning other people and religions for being "satanic" are only judging themselves.

I actually see more satanic influences in Rap, Pop, Rnb and Jazz a lot more than within Rock n roll, which actually compromises hundreds of bands, not just the 60 listed on www.goodfight.org (one of which (Alice Cooper) is now a Christian and has been for many years! The guy from goodfight.org is now condemning one of his own).

And also, out of hundreds and thousands of Rock n Roll bands, Pop artists and groups, Rap artists and groups, Rnb artists and groups, he has about 60 bands that he can "expose" as having Satanic influencies. To be honest, that's not a lot.

I find it hilarious that U2 is within that list. Absolutely hilarious.

Edit #2:

Why is it we always seem to argue when it comes to threads about Music?

Edited by user Thursday, January 24, 2008 2:39:18 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline Robskiwarrior  
#13 Posted : Thursday, January 24, 2008 3:53:55 AM(UTC)
Robskiwarrior
Man

Quote:
But I am not and for all I know MZ is not attacking Rock n Roll as an institution or as an artform as much as I am noticing and aknowledging a disturbing and factual trend that is present in rock n roll since the 1960's, as it pertains to a general overall trend and as it relates to specific bands.

Quote:
I'm sorry, but I'm afraid you missed the point. I was addressing fellow believers concerning the satanic roots of rock 'n roll, not the lost who don't know any better. I did not write to judge the world.

I dont understand then the point of the website... if a song is about eating your fellow man and other dispicable satanic acts, surely as a follower of Yah you would beable to disearn that its not exactly what you should be listening to... I mean do people really need to be told that something is bad when there is a song for example by rigor mortis with those lyrics?

Putting and branding Rock and Roll into a satanic box doesnt work... because its inaccurate.

Swalchy understands what I was getting at. - I hope he has explained it a little more and better than I did...
Offline MZ  
#14 Posted : Thursday, January 24, 2008 7:57:24 PM(UTC)
MZ

Rob,
The point of the website is--information to help people come to the knowledge of the truth, that they would not believe a lie.
And yes people do need to be told, even as far back as Adam and Chavah. Yahuweh has given us a brain and a freewill to choose between good and evil. He does not force us to do anything. Information is provided and the choice is up to us. Yah's Spirit did not stop Chavah from listening to Satan and eating from the forbidden tree, nor Adam from eating. Did Yah's Spirit tell you Yahuweh's name, or did you learn it and choose to use it? Paul and the apostles didn't tell Spirit-filled belivers to just wait until the Spirit tells you not to do the things that pagans do. No, they instructed, admonished, rebuked, reproved, and pleaded with them. Unfortunately today the Body of Messiyah is very much lacking in discernment. We wouldn't be in the mess we're in if it weren't so.
And how dare you twist this discussion into a forum to spew hatred against your Christian brothers and sisters (and many Christians are your brothers and sisters whether you like it or not). Most of us were saved because of their concern for souls.You should be ashamed. I'm sorry I ever mentioned the goodfight.org website. If I would have known how much you hate Christians I would have suggested a secular source of which there are many. Perhaps you would have received the wisdom of the world. Science and medicine have published many studies on the detrimental effects of rock music on plants, animals, and even premature babies.
You can continue to make justifications for choosing to follow the ways of the world, the flesh, and the devil, and pointing the finger at others, but as for me and my house we will serve Yahuweh, not Ba'al or any other 'rock idol'.
Jimi Hendrix who claimed to be possessed new the power of rock music. He said, "You hypnotize people [with the music] to where they go back to their natural state...and when you get people at their weakest point, you can preach into their subconscious what we want to say."
Jim Morrison of the Doors (the wrong door by the way) who married his wife at a Wicca wedding standing in a pentagram drinking each others' blood, admitted that Satan was the source of his music. He said, "I met the Spirit of Music...An appearance of the devil in a Venice canal. Running, I saw Satan or Satyr, moving beside me..." (otherwise known as Pan--the Pied Piper who has hypnotized millions and led them down the Highway To Hell).
Homosexual rockstar David Bowie said, "Rock has always been the devil's music...I believe rock and roll is dangerous... I feel we're heralding something even darker than ourselves."
Little Richard, one of the early architects of rock and roll said, "My true belief about Rock'n'Roll - is this: I believe this kind of music is demonic...Alot of the beats in music today are taken from voodoo, from the voodoo drums... I was directed and commanded by another power. The power of darkness...The power of the devil. Satan. Rock'n'Roll doesn't glorify God. You can't drink out of God's cup and the devil's cup at the same time. I was one of the pioneers of that music, one of the builders. I know what the blocks are made of because I built them."
It's a sad state of affairs when those of the world have more discernment than some believers.

Swalchy,
Sorry to burst your bubble, but I didn't find it "absolutely hilarious" when I saw (on a secular TV news program) a video of U2 with Bono ascending up onto the stage from below in a casket, and when the casket opened he emerged in full costume and mask as Mephistopheles, the devil to whom Faust sold his soul. Just a coincidence?

Shalom82,
I believe you are sincere and have a gentle spirit. However, Reggai does not glorify Yahuweh either. It was developed by Rastafarians as an important part of the religious worship of their god, whom they praise as King of kings and Lord of lords. Their messiah is not our Messiyah. It should have no place in the temple of Yahuweh, which we are. May Yahuweh bless you with a greater revelation of the depths of His love and mercy.

Madeline
Offline Robskiwarrior  
#15 Posted : Thursday, January 24, 2008 10:33:26 PM(UTC)
Robskiwarrior
Man

MZ wrote:
Rob,

And how dare you twist this discussion into a forum to spew hatred against your Christian brothers and sisters (and many Christians are your brothers and sisters whether you like it or not). Most of us were saved because of their concern for souls.You should be ashamed. I'm sorry I ever mentioned the goodfight.org website. If I would have known how much you hate Christians I would have suggested a secular source of which there are many. Perhaps you would have received the wisdom of the world. Science and medicine have published many studies on the detrimental effects of rock music on plants, animals, and even premature babies.

How dare you judge my heart? I do in no way hate Christians. I do dislike the religion of Christianity but I do not hate Christians. I have not twisted anything - I mearly stated what I saw to be true.

My message is Rock and Roll is not a major issue in the world - it might not be great - but I think anyone can see that, there is worse in Christianity - Christianity is an example.

If you don't want to hear that from another viewpoint that's not my problem. If you get offended by my views that is also not my problem. If you want to continue to bash Rock and Roll (and not any other musical genre which are just as bad) that's not my problem.

Im sorry, you can not put things in a box, no matter how comfortable it makes you feel. Rock and Roll is the result of a "lost" world, and yes with Satanic things involved, but that's not supprising... But Christianity blinds and teaches incorrect "truths" and gives people this sick self righteousness.

Offline Swalchy  
#16 Posted : Thursday, January 24, 2008 11:21:02 PM(UTC)
Swalchy
Man

Think that'll be all for this thread.