logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Theophilus  
#1 Posted : Thursday, July 5, 2007 8:41:09 AM(UTC)
Theophilus
Man

Hello everyone, it is so wonderful to see this forum. : )

For a brief history, I found Criag's works after hearing him as a guest on a radio program discuss Prophet of Doom. I had a little understanding of popular Islam from school and from being deployed to the middle-east in Desert Storm. My own research was frustrating as the Qur'an translation I read did not indicate the order the surrahs were revealed or the supporting documentation needed to make sense of the messages. PoD addressed this in remarkable detail revealling the clear message of Islam yet hinted at astounding insights into the Scriptures that connected with me.

I have since been voraciously reading through Future History, Owner's Manual, and Yada Yahweh. I believe my finding these works was not coincidential and have gained a profound increase in my understanding of Yahuweh and His Scriptures since. While I feel life I've been awakened from a spiritual slumber, I've felt somewhat alone and frustrated in finding others with a similiar thrist for the deeper and most accurately rendered Scriptures I've ever encountered and the approachable relationship desiring Heavenly Father they introduce us to.

I was raised RCC but by parents who converted from mainline Protestant traditions. They encouraged my sister and I to learn about the faith traditions of our Protestant and Jewish friends, attending Bible camp and JCC as a start. We were also introduced to the prevailing popular scientific worldviews of big bang cosmology and evolution among other things. I ended up evaluating each of these perspectives, finding some areas that I understood and agreed with but other areas that did not add up.

While in battle, I came to depend on the good news as never before and felt a tremedous sense of peace and a protective encompassing presence when I prayed or read the Scriptures. This was remarkable to me because I had virtually no access to Chaplains or other aspects of RCC or Christian religion in the Saudi/Iraqi/Kuwaiti desert.

When I came home and went to college I found that I still trusted in Yahuweh, although I didn't know His shem, but was less certain of other aspects of my faith. I rejected most anti-RCC expressions I encountered as uninformed, as it never occured to me to pray to Mary or to envoke a saint's name, etc. At college I again had my faith and worldview challenged and was unsure any more on many things. I hadn't completely rejected my Savior but was unsettled for sometime. I did encounter Chrisitans who attempted to aide me in my struggles. However it was YY that brought together for me both what I accepted about God and the nature of the universe. While I still have unresolved questions I am assured that I can rely on Yahuweh.

I look forward to getting to know you better as we share and learn.