logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline shalom82  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, January 16, 2008 3:20:33 PM(UTC)
shalom82

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
I love Israel dearly and I love the Yahuweh's chosen people dearly too. It's a shame I would have to come in with that disclaimer, but I think you all know me well enough to know that is true. But honestly I am getting so tired of the "ultra orthodox" element in Judaism. They are in many cases such angry people. I was listening to a tract from Dr. Michael Brown's site...INS ministries....It was called, Will the Real Messiah Please Stand Up. There were obviously some people from Chabad in the audience. I was amazed at his ability to "bear up". They interrupted Dr. Brown so many times that the speech lost all continuity and flow. He was polite and told them several times their would be a question and answer session but they kept on interrupting. People in the audience were getting angry and telling them that they came to listen to Brown not to them but they kept on interrupting and accusing, and lying. Every little thing he said was challenged. They screamed at him and said something like, "How dare you have the balls....". It was terrible. I was redfaced and embarrassed...and uncomfortable just listening to it. One of the audience members asked them what they were so afraid of that they wouldn't let him speak. Chabad is a cult...and their claims that belief in Yahushua is a leap of faith are so ridiculous when you realize that many of them believe that the "Rebbe" was Messiah. Some of them claim that he was sinless.

I have seen videos from Arad that show the actions of the "pharisees". They lack any substance and only rely on being mosquitos to those who believe. They mock, they bray like asses, they make those who would love them hate them...I am just astonished by what religion causes.

My heart goes out to Yahudi believers in Israel and for that matter Crown Heights who have to put up with this abuse all the time.
For that matter my heart goes out to non believers in Israel who have to put up with their arrogance, laziness, false piety, and hypocracy.
Please remember them in your prayers.

Dr. Brown had a debate with J. Immanuel Shochet. He is one of the leading voices of the anti missionary crowd. At one point in his closing statement he compared missionaries to Nazis and said that they worked in the same spirit as Hitler...separating them from their relationship with G-d. He said is was murder of the soul. Throwing around the term nazi or Hitler for anything you happen to disagree with is a hijacking of morality and a disgusting abuse of the worlds greatest tragedy and crime for your own vested interest. Messianic Yahudim, Christians with Jewish ancestry, and Sabbatarians would have and were thrown on those trains too.
Messianics murder Jewish souls....hmm...Say that to a Jewish kid from a secular Jewish family who goes to Temple once a year out of a cultural obligation and whose Jewish knowledge is mostly material from Adam Sandler. Tell it to that same kid once he has become a man who has learned something of the Elohim of Israel, has started to know Him and walk with Him in his ways...a Yahudi who fellowships with his brothers and sisters and breaks bread with them, who is devoted to his community and his culture, a Yahudi who searches the scriptures daily, who prays and converses with his Creator, and who keeps the commandments of Yahuweh and is blessed by them instead of burdened that he has indeed been a victim of spiritual murder.

The anti missionaries say they are tired of hearing the same old arguments over and over again...while I am honestly tired of hearing the same old arguments, verses taken out of context and outright lies by them too. They say all we have is almah (the virgin, young woman, young unmarried woman, maiden)....sometimes I think that's all they have.

There was this one beautiful sentiment in a video on Dr. Browns site. There was this Yahudi man who obviously was religious...maybe conservative...wearing a kippah...obviously proud that he was a Yahudi...and he said something to the effect of

I think it would be great if Jesus came as the Messiah.

A lot of Yahudim are going to have that very sentiment very soon. Sadly I am afraid for the extreme fringe of the religious Yahudim. I don't know what will happen...and I say that with gravity.

Many of these black hats won't serve in the military, don't work, sit around and study for the sake of knowledge or so they can argue better, and demand that the state pays for their private institutions and way of life...it's no wonder that some Israelis resent them. I understand all the more what Ezekiel wrote down in the 47th chapter...

Eze 47:22 “And it shall be that you divide it by lot as an inheritance for yourselves, and for the strangers who sojourn in your midst and who bear children among you. And they shall be to you as native-born among the children of Yisra’ĕl – with you they have an inheritance in the midst of the tribes of Yisra’ĕl
Eze 47:23 “And it shall be that in whatever tribe the stranger sojourns, there you give him his inheritance,” declares the Master יהוה

Correct me if I am wrong but is this not talking about the Millenium. Yisra'el means something more than just blood...it means love. I wonder how many former evangelical Christian Zionists will have farms in the land and live as native Israelites? Many of them would spill blood and give their lives to that nation...many who occupy it would suck it's tit dry.

Shalom Aleichem

P.S. I know this seems hypercritical of me and I hope no one would think to judge it as anti-Yahudi or anti Israeli. It's not even against all orthodox....but against an unreasonable segment of them that I fear is growing. I do love Israel, I love the people and the land. I marvel at their ingenuity, genius, and hardiness. I am not trying to use the old..."some of my best friends happen to be..., I would be in Israel tomorrow if I could be. I don't hate the Haredim or the Chabad. I care about them deeply and I fear for them. I have high hopes that many of them will realize truth and make proper priorities before it is too late.
YHWH's ordinances are true, and righteous altogether.
Offline Theophilus  
#2 Posted : Thursday, January 17, 2008 4:33:14 AM(UTC)
Theophilus
Man

I read and re-read your post Shalom82. It truly saddens me to see some of the ultra-religious Jewish sentiments I've heard and trust under it somewhere is a desire among many to be faithful to Yahuweh even if buried under so much tradition and doctrine.

Regarding Michael Brown, I met him before I knew his credentials when I stoped by my "local" Messianic congregation and heard him speak. Granted this was a friendly audience, but he spoke about his background, and just how much both the Jewish people mean to him as well as Yeshua [his spelling]. While I was impressed then and noted several of the books he had on hand, I've since visited his website http://www.ilifetv.com/thinkitthru/ which seems to keep changing names and listened to the debates and noticed the same reaction as you.

While not (to my knowledge physically persecuted) presenting Yahshua as messiah can certainly be daunting in some ventunes.