logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline nagantmosin  
#1 Posted : Friday, January 11, 2008 11:51:18 PM(UTC)
nagantmosin

THE PRIEST-KINGS

1.) There are priests who will reign as kings with Messiah on this earth.
Here are some of the passages that describe the "Priest-Kings":

Rev 1:5 and from YahwehShua Messiah, the trustworthy witness, the first-born from the dead, and the ruler of the sovereigns of the earth. To Him who loved us and washed us from our sins in His own blood,
Rev 1:6 and has made us sovereigns and priests to His Elohim and Father, to Him be esteem and rule forever and ever. Amen.
Rev 20:4 And I saw thrones – and they sat on them, and judgment was given to them – and the lives of those who had been beheaded because of the witness they bore to YahuwehShua and because of the Word of Elohim, and who did not worship the beast, nor his image, and did not receive his mark upon their foreheads or upon their hands. And they lived and reigned with Messiah for a thousand years
Rev 20:5 (and the rest of the dead did not come to life until the thousand years were ended) – this is the first resurrection.
Rev 20:6 Blessed and set-apart is the one having part in the first resurrection. The second death possesses no authority over these, but they shall be priests of Elohim and of Messiah, and shall reign with Him a thousand years.

Rev 5:9-10 And they sang a renewed song, saying, “You are worthy to take the scroll, and to open its seals, because You were slain, and have redeemed us to Elohim by Your blood out of every tribe and tongue and people and nation, and made us sovereigns and priests to our Elohim, and we shall reign upon the earth.”.

2.) These "Priest-Kings" that have "died in Messiah" will return with Him at the last trumpet:

Rev 19:11 And I saw the heaven opened, and there was a white horse. And He who sat on him was called Trustworthy and True, and in righteousness He judges and fights.
Rev 19:12 And His eyes were as a flame of fire, and on His head were many crowns, having a Name that had been written, which no one had perceived except Himself.
Rev 19:13 and having been dressed in a robe dipped in blood – and His Name is called: The Word of Yahuweh.
Rev 19:14 And the armies in the heaven, dressed in fine linen, white and clean, followed Him on white horses.
Rev 19:15 And out of His mouth goes a sharp sword, that with it He should smite the nations. And He shall shepherd them with a rod of iron.
Rev 19:8 And to her it was given to be dressed in fine linen, clean and bright, for the fine linen is the righteousnesses of the set-apart ones.
Those that come back with Messiah to reign on the earth are His called-ones, who are chosen-ones and trustworthy.

Rev 17:14 “They shall fight with the Lamb, and the Lamb shall overcome them, for He is Master of masters and Sovereign of sovereigns. And those with Him are called, and chosen, and trustworthy.”

3.)The "Priest-Kings" are those that have been delivered by Messiah, have endured, and have overcome:

Rev 2:26 “And he who overcomes, and guards My works until the end, to him I shall give authority over the nations,
Rev 2:27 and he shall shepherd them with a rod of iron, as the potter’s vessels shall be broken to pieces, as I also have received from My Fa
ther.

2Ti 2:11 Trustworthy is the word: For if we died with Him, we shall also live with Him.
2Ti 2:12 If we endure, we shall also reign with Him. If we deny Him, He also shall deny us.
2Ti 2:13 If we are not trustworthy, He remains trustworthy, it is impossible for Him to deny Himself.
2Ti 2:14 Remind them of this, earnestly witnessing before the Master, not to wage verbal battles – which is useless – to the overthrowing of the hearers.

Luk 22:28 “But you are those who have remained with Me in My trials.
Luk 22:29 “And I covenant for you, as My Father covenanted for Me, a reign,
Luk 22:30 to eat and drink at My table, in My reign, and to sit on thrones, judging the twelve tribes of Yisra’el.”

Mat 19:28 And Yahshua said to them, “Truly I say to you, when the Son of Aḏam sits on the throne of His esteem, you who have followed Me, in the regeneration shall also sit on twelve thrones, judging the twelve tribes of Yisra’el.

Psa 149:1 Praise Yah! Sing to Yahuweh a new song, His praise in an assembly of kind ones.
Psa 149:2 Let Yisra’el rejoice in their Maker; Let the children of Tsiyon exult in their Sovereign.
Psa 149:3 Let them praise His Name in a dance; Let them sing praises to Him with the tambourine and lyre.
Psa 149:4 For Yahuweh takes pleasure in His people; He embellishes the meek ones with deliverance.
Psa 149:5 Let the kind ones exult in esteem; Let them sing aloud on their beds.
Psa 149:6 Let the exaltation of El be in their mouth, And a two-edged sword in their hand,
Psa 149:7 To execute vengeance on the gentiles, Punishments on the peoples;
Psa 149:8 To bind their sovereigns with chains, And their nobles with iron bands;
Psa 149:9 To execute on them the written right-ruling; A splendour it is for all His kind ones. Praise Yah!

With the prospect of reigning as priest-kings with Messiah for 1,000 years, we should be overcome with joy! This is the expectation that we are to hold fast! Our kingdom is not OF this world, but it will be ON this earth when Messiah returns to judge and subdue the nations of the earth. This is the inheritance of the set-apart ones. This is the future of those whom Yahuweh deems worthy! Yahuweh restore to us the joy of Your deliverance!

Luk 12:32 “Do not fear, little flock, because your Father did delight to give you the reign. Sell your possessions and give in kindness....

Favor and peace to all,
Chandler
Offline bitnet  
#2 Posted : Saturday, January 12, 2008 4:09:17 AM(UTC)
bitnet

Hello Nag,

When I heard this first preached almost 20 years ago I was moved. The purpose of our creation is so incredibly unbelievable that it begs re-reading a thousand times. I began to wonder what if the megalomaniacs of this world had such power... but knew that it would not happen because the Almighty Eternal Creator knows what the hearts of men are like and would know whom to add to His Family.

It is one of the reasons why we who are called have to guard our thoughts very carefully. Can you imagine if anyone of us hated a person and actually gave it some thought when we wield such power? The responsibility is absolutely overwhelming! There can only be love with such Power, hence the distillation of all the law into "love Yahweh and love your neighbour." It is good practice now, and despite the all the flaws that abound in us and in people around us, we must learn how to differentiate the sin and the person. Who was it who said, "Hate the sin, love the person"?
The reverence of Yahweh is the beginning of Wisdom.