logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline real  
#1 Posted : Monday, January 7, 2008 1:41:34 PM(UTC)
real
Man

I was reading the other day and saw a piece where Yada had tied the use of Amen into an egyptian god is this correct?
Offline gammafighter  
#2 Posted : Monday, January 7, 2008 3:53:10 PM(UTC)
gammafighter
Man

Hey real, thanks for asking this question and Swalchy thanks for answering. I always thought it was weird to say "amen" if it's supposed to be a word. I think it's part of "religious words". People tend to think that if they use words with religious overtones, it makes the experience more religious. People on the forum have had similar experiences with Catholic rituals feeling more religious.
Offline real  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, January 8, 2008 1:17:13 AM(UTC)
real
Man

Thanks for the answer I will in fact use this in my everyday life.
Offline shalom82  
#4 Posted : Tuesday, January 29, 2008 2:52:17 PM(UTC)
shalom82

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
As for a related topic...here are some pertinent observations on Selah:

From Book 4 Yasha

Quote:
The Messiah accepted and bore the punishment we deserved for having rebelled against and offended God. "Your indignation (chemah - wrath, anger, and displeasure) was laid upon, supported and upheld by (camak ‘al - was embraced, and sustained by) Me. And You have afflicted (‘anah - occupied, bruised, and humbled) Me with all breaking, shattering, crushing, cessation, and annihilation (mishbat - extreme pressure which diminishes something), rejecting and repudiating Me and tossing Me aside (selah - making Me insignificant)." (Psalm 88:7)

In this context, selah can also mean: "used Me as a possession to pay for and buy" the redemption of all mankind. I find it interesting that most English translations (JPS, KJV, NASB, & NIV), relying mindlessly on Mesoretic vocalization, transliterate "Selah" as if it were a name and then correlate it with "an unknown musical note." It only takes a second to discover that salah, a word which is indistinguishable in the Hebrew text, is appropriate in this context because it means: "to reject, repudiating the existing relationship, tossing it aside, holding the person in low esteem." Again, Yahushua volunteered to receive our punishment. Had He not redeemed us we would have been rejected by God. He would have repudiated any relationship to Him, tossing us aside and holding us of low esteem. We would have been shattered, crushed into nothingness, and annihilated. There would have been no remembrance from us as we would have been cut off from and forgotten by God.

Some would say that selah means "pause" in a musical context. If that is true, then it is meaningless musically because we no longer possess the notes. If "pause" is said to mean "stop and reflect," then it provides an important contribution to the text, but only if selah is translated "(Pause and reflect upon this.)" That being the case, Yahuweh wants us to carefully consider the choice that leads to the consequence of being annihilated.
From Future History Chapter 25:
Quote:
"Oh, clap your hands, all you peoples! Shout to God with the voice of triumph! For Yahweh Most High is awesome; He is a great King over all the earth. He will subdue the peoples under us, and the nations under our feet. He will choose our inheritance for us, the excellence of Jacob whom He loves. Selah...." Considering the fact that the Jews have historically been far more concerned with their immediate survival than with pipedreams of national preeminence, this is an exceedingly odd thing to say--or it would be, had not Yahweh ordained it. It is so strange, in fact, that the Israelites would never have though to choose or seek this destiny for themselves. Therefore, Yahweh must choose it for them. Selah, by the way, is a musical notation: it means "pause," stop and reflect upon what’s just been sung

And from Wikipedia:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Selah
YHWH's ordinances are true, and righteous altogether.