logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline cwcsmc  
#1 Posted : Saturday, January 5, 2008 9:17:28 AM(UTC)
cwcsmc

Father,

If my wife wrote down everything that she would ever say to me and every feeling that she would have that would display her love for me and wrote down every response to my questions and desires to her, and put it in a book (even with a table of content and index) and then disappeared. I am not exactly sure I would be able to maintain a real relationship with her for any real amount of time. Sure, I would scour the book for as long as I could to remove any ounce of the life I once had from it, but time does remove relationship connections no matter how hard we try to hold on.

Better yet, let's say that someone handed me a book and said, here is your wife, have a relationship with her and love her with all your might. How long do you think that would last?

Even if, she found a way to somehow interact with me behind the scenes in her disappearance by arranging for me to have a parking spot at the mall sometimes, or see a commercial on TV that hits the spot every now and then, or arrange for some pastor to say the exact words I need to hear at some low point of my life, it wouldn’t make much difference in the long run. It would be curious for a while but in the end, a desire for a real relationship would always overrule.

Father you want a relationship with me. So does the world. I so desperately want a relationship with You. But to me a father/son relationship is one were two beings interact with each other. In God’s case, I ask questions, He answers, or at least noticeable points me in the direction I need to go to learn, just as I do with my own sons. He is there when I bring a treasure I find and want him to see it even though He already knows all about it. He holds me when I fall and comforts me. He lets me stand behind Him when I am afraid. When I call in the night he comes running to my bedside and does not hide in the pages of a book. These are my responsibilities as an earthly father to my sons, how much more are they for You.

One-sided relationships are not relationships as far as I can tell. If I am to Yada Yahweh then I need Him to stoop just a little bit lower so that I can see Him on a daily basis. I may not deserve it, but then again I thought that was what this was all about, me receiving something out of His love that I do not deserve.

The Book of Ecclesiastes is absolutely true as far as I am concerned. This life is absolutely meaningless if you do not have God in it. There is no point in living.

Father, you have asked me to have a relationship with you and I want so very much to do so. But for me, for that to happen I must ask you to have a relationship with me. One I can see.

I will always love you but it gets very hard for me if I cannot see the One I love.

Your son,

Curtis

Edited by user Saturday, January 5, 2008 11:20:09 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline J&M  
#2 Posted : Saturday, January 5, 2008 9:43:22 AM(UTC)
J&M

Hi and welcome

You are being very honest about something we have all felt at one time or another. All I can really say is that if you keep on seeking, you will find that YHWH is a lot closer than you thought.

But you must remember that you are talking to the Father who created ALL THINGS. and this alone gives Him the privilege of calling the shots. We need to seek Him His way not our way. If we accept this then He will come very close to us
Offline cwcsmc  
#3 Posted : Saturday, January 5, 2008 11:27:08 AM(UTC)
cwcsmc

Thank you for your welcoming me. I do understand your statements about waiting for Him to do His will. However, most of the time my young children display an attitude of impatience for certain things in their little lives. They don’t care who I am or what I could very well do to them if they did not show restraint. They just know that I am their father and I have the ability to provide whatever they need, in their eyes. They want what they want. They are children. At times, when my three year old wanted to see me, nobody was able to stop him. I am sure you have seen a three year old pitch a fit. :) Are we not supposed to be the same to our Father, even though He is the King? Granted He may spank us but that is the makings of a father/son relationship. Isn’t that the point?

But, that raises the question, what about the lady with the issue of blood? It appears to me that she took the matter (somewhat) in her on hands and forced God to act on her behalf. Granted, you and both know that Yahweh Himself arrange the situation, but nevertheless it does appear that she did take the steps to get Him to move.

That is what my letter to my Father is about. I posted it here because I felt that the people here could help me get to where I want to go. I am tired of living my life trying to keep God behind a secret vail, because He is the Almighty God. Well, in my way of thinking, He is my Father and from what I have been taught, He loves me more than I could ever imagine and from what I have learned from this site is that He wants a relationship with me, not for me to be a subject who falls in line with the rest of the subjects.

So, I understand respect and majesty, but still I am told to be a child in the eyes of God and so therefore, I want my Daddy, and I want Him now.
Offline bitnet  
#4 Posted : Saturday, January 5, 2008 3:59:34 PM(UTC)
bitnet

Welcome Yadacsmc! I sense a quiet desperation and believe me, many of us go through this phase... perhaps more than we should. We know what is important but being mortal in this crazy world, it is hard to keep a lid on our emotions and we want what is meant for us from the only source that we know to be completely Good as soon as possible, better yet, now (part of the foibles of the "instant" generation). Can you imagine the despair of the first few generations that could live hundreds of years and compare them to us?

However, our time here is to also serve several purposes. We are to gain control of ourselves in every way possible. Tough, but perhaps the word is maturity. Like physical life, we have to grow and become emotionally, mentally and Spiritually mature and stronger. We are also meant to play this game of hide 'n' seek and while we play this game our Father looks on us and sees how we play this game. It reveals our character. I know that the hide part sometimes makes us feel so lonely, especially when we are in this dark world, but as long as we know that we are being watched over by our Father we should feel safe and secure. I feel that He will give us enough time to grow and that we, all of us who are called now, should heed that call and grow as best as we can. We'll fall, for sure, but we must always pick ourselves up and do as King David, give thanks and praise Yahweh for all the blessings and the mercy shown.
The reverence of Yahweh is the beginning of Wisdom.
Offline kp  
#5 Posted : Saturday, January 5, 2008 6:26:45 PM(UTC)
kp

Welcome to the forum, Yadacsmc. (How do you pronounce that, anyway?) Yahshua knew exactly how you'd feel---how we'd all feel---without His physical presence among us. And He had a solution ready. He told his disciples the night before He sacrificed Himself, "I will pray the Father, and He will give you another Helper, that He will abide with you forever, even the Spirit of truth, whom the world cannot receive, because it neither sees Him nor knows Him, for He dwells with you and will be in you. I will not leave you orphans; I will come to you.... The Helper, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in my name, will teach you all things, and bring to your remembrance all things that I said to you." (John 14:16-18, 26) Yahweh abides within His children, manifested as the Holy Spirit, who comforts, consoles, and yes, convicts us. Yahweh our Father is always there for us, and yet...

I know what you mean about a three-year-old "pitching a fit." But that's the key to the whole conundrum. Even if the screaming toddler who wants his daddy NOW is given what he wants, he won't react or respond immediately. He has to calm down first; he has to stop crying long enough to comprehend that daddy's full attention is indeed being given to him. It's that way with our relationship with God's Spirit. The Spirit isn't loud and forceful, but rather a still, small voice---so unobtrusive that we need to be very quiet in order to hear Her whispering in our ear. As long as we're making loud demands, as long as we have the world's volume turned up, as long as we aren't making an effort to listen, we'll never perceive the Holy Spirit's presence.

kp