logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Robskiwarrior  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, December 25, 2007 7:16:44 AM(UTC)
Robskiwarrior
Man

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
finding this year quite hard to deal with - just fed up with the charade that is christmas I suppose.
Signature Updated! Woo that was old...
Offline Theophilus  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, December 26, 2007 3:25:26 AM(UTC)
Theophilus
Man

Robskiwarrior wrote:
finding this year quite hard to deal with - just fed up with the charade that is christmas I suppose.

I know what you're saying. I try to keep in mind that much of the world has not (yet) explored the subject (as YY has) and is more comfortable keeping familiar traditions. I do think most grown ups realize that the frosty, rudolph, santa, commerical aspects of the festivities are indeed a childish charade. That most Christians also realize that the date of "Jesus" birth was not December 25th but are willing for tradition's sake to celebrate that date rather than set another arbitrarily. I also think for most celebrants whether Christian or Secular, the season is largely about remembering or gathering with family and dear friends and expressing well wishes.

As I've expressed elsewhere the aspect I'm pondering is what signifigence if any to place on the astronomical model that the likely "star" of Bethlem appeared to "rest" over Bethlehem as observed from Jerusalem on the night of what on our calendars would've been December 24th-25th. And that a similar sign in the heavens occured at about 3PM Jeruslam local time on Friday, 14 Nisan 33 CE? While apparent that Yahushua was not born the night the "star" rested, it does appear to be the night the wisemen/magi from the East came to recognize and honor the birth of the promised King of Yisrael with gifts.
Offline CK  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, December 26, 2007 2:20:02 PM(UTC)
CK

I can relate. Had an interesting conversation with a couple of people. Couldn't crack through the hard surface of delusion. Must regroup and come at it again another time. :) Glad Christimas is over. Must pray and hope for more clarity next year among the peoples.

CK
Offline Rachael  
#4 Posted : Thursday, December 27, 2007 1:29:15 AM(UTC)
Rachael

I am too. it was like being renewed, cleansed come the 27th! I feel so much better today the last few weeks i have been melting down.
Offline Robskiwarrior  
#5 Posted : Thursday, December 27, 2007 2:23:18 AM(UTC)
Robskiwarrior
Man

yea today was much better :D
Signature Updated! Woo that was old...
Offline jojocc  
#6 Posted : Thursday, December 27, 2007 8:15:59 PM(UTC)
jojocc

Hello,

hope I don't sound smug, but I had a wonderful christmas. I went to work and not one person said merry christmas to me! It was like the whole thing did not exist. I purposely stayed away from the centre of town because our local messianics are reknown for handing out literature on christmas. I'm not looking forward to the Russian orthdox christmas on Jan 7th though (or is it Jan 8th?) as with the huge Russian population here, I think that one will be hard to avoid.

Jerusalem was mad, however.

Next year, if any of you really want to avoid christmas, I would suggest coming to small town Judea, Israel - now isn't that just the most delicious irony ;-)

All of you are constantly in my thoughts and my conversations with Yahashua and YHWH, we all have different hurdles and difficulties to overcome, and it is to me a manifestation of the faithfulness of YHWH that we have eachother.

Agape :-)
xxx
Offline coleridge  
#7 Posted : Friday, December 28, 2007 12:44:56 PM(UTC)
coleridge

hey... i know how you feel... have any of you ever heard of the christmas mushroom? amanita muscaria or fly agaric? this is the most pagan thing i think i've ever heard in life
let YHWH be true, and every man a liar
Offline shalom82  
#8 Posted : Friday, December 28, 2007 7:34:54 PM(UTC)
shalom82

As are you Jojocc...as are you.

Messianics passing out literature on Christmas? Why would they do such a thing?

Shalom in Immanuel's Name
P.S. If we ever come to Arad, do we have a bed to sleep on? ;)
YHWH's ordinances are true, and righteous altogether.
Offline jojocc  
#9 Posted : Saturday, December 29, 2007 4:15:08 AM(UTC)
jojocc

Not a bed yet I'm afraid, but I'm told my sofa is very comfortable :-)
Offline Tiffany  
#10 Posted : Saturday, December 29, 2007 7:23:43 AM(UTC)
Tiffany
Woman

Hey everyone,

I would have to say I had a good christmas, it was white christmas the kind they sing about. At my parents home I woke up to over a foot of snow and it was beautiful. I thought going home to all the pagan stuff in my childhood home would be difficult but I was pleasantly surprised that Yahweh in all of his faithfulness keeps my heart in check. I even found it funny and I am sure Yah did too that when my family put on their "sunday best" to go to the service (of which I went to so as not upset my family) as we got there at the same time we have for the last 20 years, we find that they were lighting the candles and singing silent night (which is the end of the service) we missed it, they changed the time this year and my family did not know so needless to say I did not have to go to "church".

I did not share anything with my family other than my heartfelt desire to spend this time with them, meanwhile having a daily conversation with Yahweh to bring my family into the truth. Christmas will always be a part of my life so until Yahweh changes the hearts of my family I am going to love them with all my heart. I hope all of you find great strength in Yahweh in this season and trust that we get to go through this together!
Blessings