logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline shalom82  
#1 Posted : Monday, December 24, 2007 10:27:37 AM(UTC)
shalom82

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Shalom Qodeshim,
I hope you are all well and are eating enough. I want to share some wonderful news. A long lost friend of mine whom I had not seen for quite a while has been back home from NYC for the current seasons festivities. I have visited him the last two nights and he knew that I had "changed" from previous conversations. We got to discussing the scriptures and we talked for two hours the first night and last night I went over at 6:30...I was there till 2:45 in the morning! It was reminiscent of Shaul and the upper room. I am not equating myself to Shaul mind you but it was flowing like a river out of me. The back and forth was hot and heavy. He was insatiable for the good news. I mean not just curious. He said that he didn't want to take my word for it but that that everything I said helped him finally make sense of the scriptures and that it was definitely going to get him back to reading the Word. It looked like a great weight and burden had been lifted off of his shoulders. I have never seen such a glad recieving of the Word. I don't know how I can even describe it. It's a true joy to see. All of the other times that family and friends rejected the message and crawled back to their comfort zone, he was the one who recieved it. This case of gladness and acceptance brilliantly outshines all the other disappointments and rejections. I just can't even put it into words. I hope nobody will think anything like "got another one for Jesus" or anything like that. This was so far beyond me and I was of no credit to it and I happilly and readily admit it, it was just a sheer joy to witness... HalleluYAH!

I ask you to pray for him, that he will persist and build on the foundation that was made last night. I ask you to pray that the fire that was lit last night will not be extinguished. I pray that he will be like seed to good earth.

Shalom
YHWH's ordinances are true, and righteous altogether.
Offline CK  
#2 Posted : Monday, December 24, 2007 2:34:00 PM(UTC)
CK

shalom82,

I share your joy! It's wonderful to talk to someone who gets it or wants to get it. You and your friend will be in my prayers. May our Father richly bless you with His favor in all of this!

We go so long experiencing disinterest from those we want to reach. Sometimes we become disheartened. And then bam! Yahuweh brings us an opporunity when we least expect it. Praise Yah!

Shalom,
CK
Offline Robskiwarrior  
#3 Posted : Monday, December 24, 2007 10:21:23 PM(UTC)
Robskiwarrior
Man

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
awesomeness! :D
Signature Updated! Woo that was old...
Offline Theophilus  
#4 Posted : Wednesday, December 26, 2007 3:29:25 AM(UTC)
Theophilus
Man

Thank you for sharing this Shalom82, that is wonderful news indeed and for my part will pray for your friend. I know how remarkable the Scriptures are when you read them with new eyes and a fresh prespective. I hope that you'll be there to address the questions and concerns he's likely to experience that comes with a thirts for understanding the Word.
Offline bitnet  
#5 Posted : Wednesday, December 26, 2007 2:56:34 PM(UTC)
bitnet

Congrats! You must have made sense and he may have had a calling. If it was for the sake of argument I doubt the conversations would have taken so much time.

I understand your euphoria as I was very much elated when someone I knew responded positively to the yadayahweh.com link and practically downloaded every book there. I had been given the link by a doctor, and I have been voracious in studying the books there, trying to discern each topic as best as I could. I found that when I printed the books out and filed it, it was easier to understand and also to share. But as I gave others the link I realised that it was anathema for most. But one friend in his late 60s picked up on the message and had great reverence for HaShem and began using Yahweh's name and Yahushua's name in his prayers. Rattled his family he did but he believes that what he is doing is right and will not be stopped.

Since then I sometimes keep a copy of The Owner's Manual with me in the car. I even try to keep an extra copy to pass on. KP, is it OK to distribute TOM? Are there copyright protections and should I get some permission? Hahaha! Asking after the fact! Well, it always seems easier to ask for pardon rather than permission.

Well, shalom82, keep up the sharing and soon you'll be a shepherd in Yahweh's name!
The reverence of Yahweh is the beginning of Wisdom.