logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Yada  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, December 19, 2007 3:57:44 PM(UTC)
Yada

I found this video entitled: "A Nation Down the Drain (Jesus Camp)" and was wondering if anyone else had heard about this camp? I am not sure but I believe that Ted Haggard was associated with it - is that correct? I wonder if it is still in existence and/or if there are other similar programs being hosted around the country.

Part 1 is here.
Part 2 is here.

Edited by user Thursday, December 20, 2007 5:16:50 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

If you'd like to join the YY Study Group room on Paltalk - just click here. The lockword is: yadayahweh
You can download the free software here.
Hope to see everyone on Paltalk!
WARNING: Do not give out personal information (name, address, etc.) to anyone on Paltalk - ever!
Offline Light1  
#2 Posted : Thursday, December 20, 2007 9:13:04 AM(UTC)
Light1
Man

Wow, talk about bizzare.

1. First of all the kids are really going to end up messed up, curling up in a ball in tears when you're not even 10 in fear doesn't strike me as the result of proper teaching.

2. I really hate the 'speaking in tounges' crap-if they would read in Acts, that gift means you have the ability to speak in another language that you had no prior knowledge of-like for instance Spanish, Arabic, Urdu, etc so you could share what you know about Yahshua with someone who only spoke that language. The mindless babbling I see reminds me of Paul's intructions about doing things in their proper order.

3. Political activism is not a substitute for following Yahshua, vote what you believe but realize govt is screwed up most of the time anyways.

Offline shalom82  
#3 Posted : Thursday, December 20, 2007 9:31:45 AM(UTC)
shalom82

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Every minister, priest, and cleric in this country ought to be locked in a room to contemplate Nadav and Avihu's 'strange fire'. It's a fine teaching on the wages of religious ecstacy. There are wayyyy toooo many ministers, pastors, and clerics in this world. Religious ecstacy is not enough, a sentimental feeling or a desire to do so can be dangerous. The religious sentiment that drives men mad...that ecstacy, fear, guilt, and shame, that mob mentality is what makes the world such a miserable place.

I don't know what to make of this video. I have a feeling that the producers of the documentary are against any message that pertains to the truth that is Yahuweh's word and they are merely showing an extreme in order to have the opportunity to throw out the baby with the bathwater, but still they have done a service by exposing a rotting underbelly. I don't even know what to say about this group of evangelists. Their ardor is so misplaced and dare I say talismanic. They have strangely mixed the political, religious Laodicean and religious fervor that would make the Pope, Allah, and Marx all proud. I fear these children will be lost to their minder's religion or be disillusioned and walk away from this strange worship and in doing so be hostile to the true message of Yahuweh's word.

I thought it was funny how that minister lady was saying that warlocks would have been killed in the time of the covenant scriptures. I wonder if she would have made it through, or would she have been a tad overcooked like Nadav and Avihu?

YHWH's ordinances are true, and righteous altogether.
Offline CK  
#4 Posted : Wednesday, December 26, 2007 7:37:58 PM(UTC)
CK

At one point in my walk, I touched on the religious ecstacy side of Christianity (not the speaking in tongues stuff - although I was around plenty who 'spoke in tongues'). I went to a couple of prophetic conferences and was 'mesmerized' by it all. Later, after 'coming down' from the 'mountain top experience' I would dip into a type of depression I cannot describe. I had horrific nightmares, and quite frankly felt I was being attacked. I would awake from sleep screaming. I had opened doors that I shouldn't have opened. It was through prayer, and asking Father to reveal His Truth to me that got me out of all that stuff. None of ever really felt quite right anyway. I continue to pray not to be deceived nor become a deceiver. After those experiences, I realized how easily people can be drawn in to false doctrines. I thank Yahuweh for His blessed favor.

The things this woman and others like her are doing is very, very dangerous. I fear for the children, and I, like shalom82, fear they will one day ''walk away from this strange worship and in doing so be hostile to the true message of Yahuweh's word."

CK
Offline Light1  
#5 Posted : Thursday, December 27, 2007 4:31:12 AM(UTC)
Light1
Man

Quote:
At one point in my walk, I touched on the religious ecstacy side of Christianity (not the speaking in tongues stuff - although I was around plenty who 'spoke in tongues'). I went to a couple of prophetic conferences and was 'mesmerized' by it all. Later, after 'coming down' from the 'mountain top experience' I would dip into a type of depression I cannot describe. I had horrific nightmares, and quite frankly felt I was being attacked. I would awake from sleep screaming. I had opened doors that I shouldn't have opened. It was through prayer, and asking Father to reveal His Truth to me that got me out of all that stuff. None of ever really felt quite right anyway. I continue to pray not to be deceived nor become a deceiver. After those experiences, I realized how easily people can be drawn in to false doctrines. I thank Yahuweh for His blessed favor.

Yikes! Sounds like you got into some spiritual toxin! You might try checking out Dave Hunt's great book called Occult Invasion, he goes into great detail about how bizarre spiritual practices are worming their way into the mainstream church.
Offline shalom82  
#6 Posted : Sunday, December 30, 2007 5:35:56 PM(UTC)
shalom82

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
lekola hada busida ah ria cheety cheety cheety shida shia laaaararara laaa....religious significance for you...
YHWH's ordinances are true, and righteous altogether.
Offline bitnet  
#7 Posted : Tuesday, January 1, 2008 1:14:30 AM(UTC)
bitnet

Talking about speaking in tongues... I did point out to a Christian pastor friend that the Scriptures described that those moved by Yahweh and imbued with the Ruach Kodesh began to speak aloud and each witness saw and heard them speak in their own language and understood what was said and that the witnesses were perplexed by that miracle. Today, people are perplexed by pastors spouting unintelligible sounds and think that it is a daily miracle inspired by God. My friend still is of the opinion that his "speaking in tongues" is the "language of angels" and a gift from God. What a difference a couple of millennia makes!
The reverence of Yahweh is the beginning of Wisdom.
Offline J&M  
#8 Posted : Tuesday, January 1, 2008 7:21:13 AM(UTC)
J&M

I find YHWH most incredibly pragmatic, in that He is very direct and always to the point. So 'tongues' in the way the pentecostalists use them are alien because they are so indirect. Along with this of course is 'slaying in the spirit' which again seems absolutely pointless as well as unscriptual.

In this context, 'prophesy' runs the gauntlet of criticism from the eldership, so it is seldom very meaningful. That does not leave much left of the service except for the 'sermon' and the community singing. Most sermons I have been to were very good history lessons, mixed with a bit of moralizing and an exhortation to either 'go forth and multiply the number of (paying) bottoms on seats' or to 'tithe' generously.

Somehow the very direct 'me to YHWH' relationship just gets lost in a sea of noise, which seems to be the prime intention of course.

Be STILL and know that HE is YHWH!
Offline Tiffany  
#9 Posted : Tuesday, January 1, 2008 10:24:55 AM(UTC)
Tiffany
Woman

CK-

I was reading your wonderful response to FF, he says good job!!! I was blessed by your words also keep up the good work!!!

Tiffany
Offline kp  
#10 Posted : Tuesday, January 1, 2008 1:22:40 PM(UTC)
kp

Emotional response can be every bit the "graven image" that some pagan idol is, and the mere use of a christianized vocabulary does not necessarily make something honoring to Yahweh. We need to be very careful to examine what it is we're worshipping. The object of our devotion should be Yahweh, not an elevated endorphin level in our bloodstream generated by an artificially induced spiritual experience. When I saw the promos for the "Jesus Camp," I wept inside, knowing that the adversary had found one more chink in our armor and was exploiting it to the hilt.

Feelings? We should feel in the presence of our God the same way a four-year-old child feels in the arms of a loving father: secure, loved, and at peace. Kids don't get "high" hugging their daddy. They get high from eating sugar and watching television.

kp
Offline Caller  
#11 Posted : Wednesday, January 2, 2008 12:58:01 PM(UTC)
Caller

YY Forum,

I suppose Paul/ Sha’ul praying with his mind and praying with his spirit as well as singing with his mind and singing with his spirit is incredibly like Yahuweh the Might One Yahushua.

Of all the people of the renewed covenant this Paul/ Sha’ul was most prophetic and filled with more relevance logic than pragmatic thinking and yet we accept his words that he prays in the spirit (tongues of men and angels) more than any witness of Yahushua’s life, words and actions.

1 Corinthians explains this simple process best unlike the one and only example of Pentecost which was for a specific purpose, unlike what Paul/ Sha’ul is talking about. Like all gifts we are to excel in the greater gifts but not neglect the lesser. This salvation, which was first announced by Yahushua, was confirmed to us by those who heard him (Paul/ Sha’ul). Yahuweh also testified to it by signs, wonders and various miracles, and gifts of the Holy Spirit distributed according to his will.

If someone will pray with their mind and will pray with their spirit and will sing with their mind and will sing with their spirit, do we not know that those who speak in a tongue do not speak to men but to Yahuweh? Indeed, no one understands him; he utters mysteries with his spirit.

Emotions maybe great, spiritual experience wonderful and elevated endorphin levels spectacular but Scriptural truth practiced by Yah’s family is always best and pleasing to him.

Now I personally do not care who has one gift or another, but if one of Yah’s family needs practical help from one of Yah’s gifted family members. Should not we desire to have them use Yah’s gift for the common good? If someone is in need of healing would not they look for and find someone who has the gift of healing or would they look for someone who has the Message of Wisdom or the Message of Knowledge or the gift of Faith or Miraculous Powers or Prophecy or Distinguishing between spirits, interpretation of Tongues? Are not all these gifts the work of the one and the same Set-Apart Cleansing and Purifying Spirit? Does not he give these gifts to each one of Yah’s family just as he determines is best?

Let us all respect Yah’s gifts and His Spirit and His family who obviously have different gifts than we may have. For the body of Yahushua is not made up of one part but of many parts. Just because the foot is not the hand or the ear is not the eye, no one can say I do not need that part of the body. Did not Yah in fact arrange all the part in the body just the way HE wanted them to be? Can the eye say to the hand, I DO NOT NEED YOU! Or the Head say to the feet, I DON NOT NEED YOU! Did not Yah explain to us that some of the parts (gifts) that we think are less honorable we treat with special honor or the parts (gifts) that are unpresentable we treat with special modesty, while our presentable parts (gifts) need no special treatment. For Yahweh has combined the members of HIS body, giving great honor that there be no division in HIS body, because each part has equal concern for the other parts. Does he not say all parts suffer if just one little part suffers?

Now let us rejoice and be glad for what Yahweh has done. Making us the body of Yahushua the anointed Messiyah and let each part do its part. This is not rocket science, it is very simple.

I am assured in the Called out or Out called body of Yahuweh the Mighty One Yahushua that some of you are the mentioned recipients of Yah’s appointments who have and use all His gifts and maybe even some desire the greater gifts. I pray you use them in the most excellent way of LOVE regardless of which parts (gifts) you have been given by Yahuweh.

Now may we Yahhuwdym be found desiring to know Yah as he knows us all and fulfilling His Commandments daily by Loving Him and Loving our neighbor as our self.

And what's wrong with talking to Yahuweh and not men???

Can we not come out of religious and denominational thinking and change our minds.

Equipped for the task,

Caller
Offline FF  
#12 Posted : Wednesday, January 2, 2008 1:20:35 PM(UTC)
FF
Man

Thank you Caller and welcome to YY Forum,

Well spoken.

Both the Jesus camp and the editors of the two videos have fell off the face of the earth.

It is enough to make you vomitalot…

I consider one no better than the other.

Exaggerating the usage of the gifts and their unscriptural use is folly.

Talking to Yahweh and mankind,

FF
FF
Offline bitnet  
#13 Posted : Sunday, January 6, 2008 8:31:27 PM(UTC)
bitnet

Hello Caller and Welcome,

Indeed, the "gift of tongues" is one thing claimed by some and supported by many. Personally I do not ascribe more "holiness" to those with such ability but simply ask them what they meant with those words that they uttered if I wanted an explanation. More oten than not I do not even bother to ask. If they need to translate it, then how do we trust their translations? Do we have a dictionary? Some of their utterances are even interpreted by a third-party. How did that third-party know what was being said? Many great follies have been done by people claiming to have divine inspiration and we know prophet Teddy was spoken to by an unseen spirit. So much potential abuse is possible with such a system.

We need to apply some of that logic that Yahweh gave us and see whether they are of the Set-Apart Spirit by the other things that they do and say. The simplest yardstick is to see if they have any respect for Yahweh's ten basic laws. If they do not know or seek His name and ignore His Sabbaths, then we should know the answer to that sixty-four dollar question: "Are this guy's words trustworthy?"

I can relate to you an example of an acquaintance who desired that we should not be so isolationist in our thinking. This happened years ago before I knew Yahweh but was still in search of Him and tried to keep the Sabbaths and dietary laws as we knew how.

My friend and his wife took me to a small shoplot converted to a Christian worship centre. We met several bible-believers who were earnest in their devotions, and we sang hymns of praise. Then suddenly everyone moved and rearranged the chairs against the walls and the pastors began to invite people forward to them for healing. I noticed some people getting blankets ready but did not know what it was about.

Some background music was played and the volume was raised. One by one the people went up to the pastors (there were a few of them) who prayed over them "in tongues" and one by one they fell backwards when touched on the forehead, into the hands of the others waiting with the blankets. Some people started to "speak in tongues" and singing unknown songs but nobody understood them. When they were prayed over they too fell. Those fallen were covered with the blankets. Eventually the floor began to be filled with fallen people. We stayed back at the wall witnessing all this.

Then someone called us to the front and said that the pastors want to pray over us. We were most apprehensive but took a few steps forward and the pastors approached us separately. A pastor prayed over me in English and then rambled on "in tongues" and then touched my forehead. Nothing happened. I did not fall back! He looked at me and then prayed some more, then pushed my forehead a little firmer. I still stayed up. He was surprised! He called to another pastor to pray over me telling me to "let go, let the spirit take over."

So now we have these two pastors praying over me together and three people behind waiting for me to fall. The two pastors eventually finished their "prayer in tongues" and literally pushed my head but I stood firm! They gave up and said that I have not allowed the spirit into my heart! My wife also had a similar experience a few feet away. She also did not fall! So what did that experience teach us? The Truth was not there! So we never went back.

We still meet others from other congregations who claim to have that gift and one of them is a good friend and business associate who is also a pastor. He was upset at me first because he thought I had "aggrieved the Holy Spirit", but I told him that he is entitled to his beliefs and I to mine and that I do not want enmity but only to have better understanding of Scriptural teachings. I told him that he can claim that gift, but that I cannot and therefore am unable to say the same things about that kind of gift. The good thing is that we remain friends, and he is now aware that we know Yahweh. Perhaps some day he will understand Yahweh's ways better but this episode goes to show that it is easy to misunderstand and be misunderstood without the right words in the same language, let alone in the language of angels.
The reverence of Yahweh is the beginning of Wisdom.
Offline Matthew  
#14 Posted : Saturday, January 12, 2008 5:09:44 PM(UTC)
Matthew
Man

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Hey All, and a welcome Hi to Caller

Yup, my church was like that. In honesty, I was caught by it. You feel as if God has given you some divine favour, makes you feel special. If you ever feel downhearted you just speak gibberish then you can calmly comfort yourself by saying "Phew, thankfully the Spirit is still with me!" The church I belonged to followed the big US churches, such as Morning Star Ministries, and they were caught by this thing called the Toronto Blessing, people falling down, laughing, "being slain in the spirit"! Some even barked like dogs, scary stuff! We gathered those barking like dogs, baaed like sheeps, whatever animal you could think of, were deceived and had taken the blessing too far, obviously not realising we too were deceived.

I didn't like being touched on the head, I wouldn't budge, the pastor would then give a little harder push. I would then just fall down for a second and jump right up. You know, I had to fit in with the crew so I did as they did. I never felt a need to fall down, I didn't feel changed, or a fainting as such. However, I didn't mind the gibberish tongues part as I honestly thought it was a divine thing.

But I was never one to talk a lot of gibberish, I started getting into it again not so long ago, about a month ago (obviously before this revelation), but soon afterwards, give or take a few days, Yahweh quickly showed me the Truth of the matter, sorted me out as best a loving Father could, gently instructed me. I have now repented, in doing so washing my feet as it says in John 13:10 "He who is already bathed needs only to wash his feet to make him completely clean." I need His ongoing forgiveness to grow in my relationship with our Father.

I like what kp writes for mitzvah 435 in chapter 11, Holy Things, in TOM:

kp wrote:
The kohein shall wash his hands and feet at the time of service. "You shall also make a laver of bronze, with its base also of bronze, for washing. You shall put it between the tabernacle of meeting and the altar. And you shall put water in it, for Aaron and his sons shall wash their hands and their feet in water from it. When they go into the tabernacle of meeting, or when they come near the altar to minister, to burn an offering made by fire to Yahweh, they shall wash with water, lest they die. So they shall wash their hands and their feet, lest they die. And it shall be a statute forever to them--to him and his descendants throughout their generations." (Exodus 30:18-21) The whole tabernacle layout is designed to teach us how to approach God. We’ve already discussed the furnishings found within the tent of meeting: the table of showbread, the lampstand, and the altar of incense within the Holy Place, and then, behind the veil in the Holy of Holies, the ark of the covenant with its integral mercy seat--redemption’s ground zero. But outside the tabernacle there were two items one had to pass before he even reached the front door. First was the altar upon which the sacrifices were slain and roasted. Then, standing between the altar and the tabernacle was the bronze laver described here.

It’s one thing for the proper sacrifice to be made to atone for your sin--the function of the altar. It’s quite another to be "clean" enough to stand before Yahweh. The altar denotes the sacrifice made; the laver symbolizes the sacrifice accepted. Note that the priest’s whole body wasn’t to be cleansed at the laver, but only his hands and feet, indicative of his work and his walk before God. We are reminded of the foot-washing scene between Yahshua and Peter in the upper room. Peter was questioning the appropriateness of the Lord of Creation stooping to wash his dirty feet, but Yahshua told him, "He who is already bathed needs only to wash his feet to make him completely clean." (John 13:10) So it is with the laver: the sacrifice has been made at the altar, making us clean. All that’s left to do is admit that our feet are still dirty from walking through this world, and that they need to be bathed in Christ’s ongoing forgiveness. "If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness." (I John 1:9)

I have now sent an email to my mate as I want to spread the news. He's still a part of my previous church and he agrees with my thoughts on the subject too, they've obviously grown in the last 5 years since I attended. But he asked me a question that I don't seem to be able to answer, he questioned the meaning of speaking "with the tongues of men and of messengers" as it says in 1 Corinthians 13:1 "If I speak in tongues of men and of messengers, but do not love, I have become as sounding brass or a clanging symbol." Now, from my understanding either Paul is saying that even if he was able to speak the languages of angelic beings but had not love it is nothing. Just using it for comparison purposes, not that he can actually speak heavenly languages. Or he's trying to say is that to speak the tongues of messengers is to speak the things of Elohim, like what we're doing here on this forum, whereas the tongues of men is just speaking your everyday common language, talking about random things, such as business, family, etc. but if not done in love then it is nothing. Or the tongues of messengers is the gift of tongues (not being understood by the speaker but by the hearer in their native language) in that it is directed towards Elohim, being praise in other words.

Anyway, this forum continues to be a blessing.

PS: Don't you guy just love the way our Father, Yahweh, guides us? He lovingly corrects us, no shame or guilt attached. I guess the Set-Apart Spirit didn't like me being influenced by my carnal nature, He's helping me put to death the misdeeds of the body.

Random question, but not meaning to change the topic:
John 16:13a "But when He comes, the Spirit of the Truth, He shall guide you into all truth." I notice some people refer to the Spirit as a 'she', but here the word 'he' is used. I know the Spirit has feminine characteristics but which is more correct, he or she? I've linked this question to a new thread, click here, or you can find it in the "Father, Son, and the Holy Ghost?" section under the title "Ruach Qodesh, the Set-Apart Spirit, a He or She?"

Edited by user Sunday, January 13, 2008 12:48:29 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified