logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline coleridge  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, December 18, 2007 9:28:25 AM(UTC)
coleridge

ok... so my mom, a friend, and i were talking just last night... we asked questions about our previous theological understandings, and deduced this: Christianity is simply paganism. i don't want to be brash... but can anybody else give me an insight into it? it's looking pretty pagan from where i'm standing?

better yet here's a question: how much sun-god worship does it take before we have to admit that something is pagan?
let YHWH be true, and every man a liar
Offline kp  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, December 18, 2007 10:38:40 AM(UTC)
kp

Careful, folks. We've gotta define our terms. Yada is usually very careful to take "the religion of christianity" to task---the "religion" part being the problem. But when the believers in Antioch were first called "Christians," even though the word might have been used as an epithet against them, it meant something entirely different from the tradition encrusted dead or dying theological institution known today as "The Church." In other words, "the Religion of christianity" contains two components: christianity (the "wheat" in Yahshua's illustration) and religion (the "tares"). Let us avoid the temptation to redefine our words and then blame the world for not understanding what we mean.

That being said, yes, the religion of christianity is pagan to the core.

kp
Offline coleridge  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, December 18, 2007 1:29:50 PM(UTC)
coleridge

so do you think of yourself as a christian? the term christ, if i understand it properly, isn't something that i want to claim. now the followers of Yahushua... of course not, but christianity, the religion just seems like a hybrid pagan theology
Offline kp  
#4 Posted : Tuesday, December 18, 2007 6:40:26 PM(UTC)
kp

Okay, here's the deal on the Greek word "Christos" from which we get the word Christian. Most lexicons will tell you that Christos means "anointed," as in "the Messiah." Yada has looked at the etymology of the word and concluded that it really means "drugged" or "whitewashed." I remain unconvinced on that point, for derivative words often take on technical connotations not latent in their sources. I understand Christos does show up once or twice in the Septuagint to indicate an anointed person. To further complicate matters, Christos doesn't actually show up in the earliest Greek manuscripts, but is indicated by a placeholder.

So, Coleridge, it all boils down to how much credence you place on the translation of the "Christos" placeholder as "Christ." If you're willing to agree with the vast majority of scholars and linguists, the word rendered "Christ" in our English translations, does indeed mean "Anointed." Yada, I know, doesn't buy it. I'm not smart enough to be dogmatic about either position. If pressed on the subject, I'll retreat to this: I think of myself as a follower of Yahweh's Messiah, His Anointed One. I do not ascribe to the "religion of christianity," however, for that, as you pointed out, is pretty much "hybrid pagan theology."

kp
Offline CK  
#5 Posted : Tuesday, December 18, 2007 8:00:42 PM(UTC)
CK

I do not ascribe to the 'religion' of Christianity either, but I'm not about to think of nor refer to my Christian friends as pagans. And I'm certainly not going to insult them by saying their 'religion' is pagan either (at least not right away - LOL). I'm not implying any of you would turn rabid either. Again I find myself agreeing with 'kp'.

Six months ago I had no knowledge of the things I now know. I prayed for the Father to reveal His Truth to me. I believe He is answering my prayer. I don't get the impression He wants me to use the knowledge He is allowing me to beat up on my fellow man. I think He wants me to teach. I think He wants all of us to teach. Each according to the faith and knowledge given. I have learned from the YY site, but I've also learned from others too. Lots of people are on the same page. There are disagreements on certain points here and there, but that's man for ya!

Shalom
CK
Offline J&M  
#6 Posted : Wednesday, December 19, 2007 3:09:54 AM(UTC)
J&M

There is a lot about 'christianity' which must revolve around the TRUE translation of the greek word pistueo (belief, trust rely on), at the minmal level of 'belief' then John 3v16 is very inclusive, except for that curious passage in John 2 v 23/24 where Yahushua did not believe them (pisteo) for he knew what is in the heart of man. There was a man....."

John 2 23/24 complicates the simplicity of John 3v16.

If simple 'belief' is the sole qualifier for entering into a relationship with Yehushua then we have to accept many 'christian' sects as part of the kingdom despite the paganism and ritual they follow.

However, if the correct translation of pisteo is 'to rely on' then this is much more selective. Most christians live a life of independence from YHWH. There is little or no reliance on him for anything, it is all provided by the church hierarchy.....

If the church relied on YHWH at all then it would very quickly be purged of its 'nicolaitians' lit. 'overcomers of the laity (the people)' i.e. priests vicars elders pastors.... because they would have no further use.

The only translation of pistueo which complies with old covenant understanding is to 'rely on' and this, of course, was implicit in the early post resurrection brethren who were OC based, so the NC writers would have taken it as read.

John 2 v 23/24 implies that there has to be a 2 way 'pistueo' in which man's participation is impossible, that is, until man's heart is transformed by the set apart spirit (i.e. born from above). The belief in John 3 v16 is a therefore starting point, not a finishing point as most 'christians' are told.
Offline coleridge  
#7 Posted : Wednesday, December 19, 2007 1:49:01 PM(UTC)
coleridge

let me get into why i came to the whole "pagan" conclusion... i know a lot of people who are great and wonderful. i love them dearly. these are my friends, family, co-workers...etc... they believe in the son of god being wrapped in flesh, coming down to earth, being born on dec. 25. dying around the time of the vernal equinox, resurrecting on that following sunday to save mankind and give us an eternal life. that sounds cool right? well if that's cool, then what separates us from paganism? that's the exact same story of tammuz, mithras, etc... believing in that story can not be the answer. it has to be something else. again i love these people. i don't really care about being right, i just want to be righteous. i'm not studying with you all just to know a bunch of useful tidbits of biblical trivia. i need to know what the father is saying. all i can deduce from all that i have read is this: if YHWH is not your Father, and Yahushua is not your salvation...you are decieved by the whore of babylon.... and isn't that the definition of paganism? i don't mean to be offensive to anyone, but if jesus isn't pagan, then neither is allah, or tammuz, or ishtar. acts 4:12 there is no therefore no other name under heaven given by men whereby we must be saved... help me here.... that sounds pretty self explanatory. Yahushua is the messiah.... that's the only doctorine i know. john said that if any man came preaching anything other than that... he was cursed. maybe i'm seeing this all wrong. that's why i brought it up
Offline rs  
#8 Posted : Wednesday, December 19, 2007 6:17:37 PM(UTC)
rs

I don't think that the celebration of Christmas and Easter are core to bible believing Christianity. The rituals are not that well defined in non-Catholic denominations. These holidays are mostly known for Santa Claus, the Easter Bunny, and rampant materialism. The fact that Christians do honor these holidays even though most Christians do not understand their pagan origins does not damn Christians as pagans. I think many Christians cling to these holidays because they are the last public displays of Christianity that have not been beaten down by our secular society.

I think if you took the core of what is espoused on this site and the core of what "full time" Christians truly rely on in their hearts, I don't think there would be a whole lot of difference.

There are Christian missionaries all over the world right now entering harms way, going mano a mano with Islam, and they're doing it in the name of Jesus and Christ and God. Are we saying that Yahweh does not hear their prayers?

Offline coleridge  
#9 Posted : Wednesday, December 19, 2007 7:03:00 PM(UTC)
coleridge

that's exactly what i'm asking rs. acts 4:12 leads me to believe that anything other than the name Yahushua is not acceptable. missionary work being good and all... i'm not saying that these are horrible people. i'm just asking if that's what the scripture says, then is that what i'm supposed to believe. the name of YHWH is a strong tower. the righteous run into it and are saved. those are pretty straight forward words... if that's what it says then i have no other option but to believe that that is what it means. the celebration of a feast doesn't neccesarily constitute paganism... paul said that salvation was not in food or drink. i know that, but if there is salvation in no other name, then that means that anything else is wrong... and being wrong about salvation is costly...very costly.

as far as YHWH hearing prayers... i don't know...yirmeyahu ch 23 says no... and in several other chps he says the same thing... all of that is dependant on rather or not this jesus thing is wrong.

i appreciate all your responses... i really want to have this cleared up in my heart and mind... you guys are very helpful
Offline Noach  
#10 Posted : Wednesday, December 19, 2007 7:36:28 PM(UTC)
Noach

Coleridge,

I know where you are coming from Coleridge. Shaul was not bashful about confronting false religion. Yes, the religion of Christianity is rotten to the core. Acts 17:22-23 could easily describe any of today's church's. Being a religion about the MessiYAH does not make it any better. Christianity doesn't get a free pass just because it promotes belief in Israel's MessiYAH. But our condemnation of the Christian religion must be tempered with compassion and love for those who have been beguiled by it. I was once one of these.

Noah
Offline J&M  
#11 Posted : Wednesday, December 19, 2007 11:50:43 PM(UTC)
J&M

I suspect the problem defined above happens when the New Covenant is taken outside of the context of the Old Covenant and a new religion (of christianity) is formed which short circuits 'the way->the truth->the life. It is very important to come to the door of TRUTH along a path as defined by YHWH in the Torah. If we do not do this we get 'Messiah' out of context (as in christianity).

The NC did not replace the OC, and the early bretheren knew this. But the post-resurection 'spiritual' environment had changed because the LAMB of YHWH has now made the final sacrifice, the Set Apart Spirit (Holy Spirit) is once more released, and the TEMPLE is now in the hearts of the believers.

As the context of the NC became 'hellenised' by infiltration of greek 'philosophy' so the connection between OC and NC was weakened and the OC became disregarded because it did not sit happily with the teachings of Plato, Aristotle et al. Thus the Set Apart Spirit as the motivator behind a REAL relationship with YHWH became redundant because mankind was following his own notions of holiness and rightiousness (the true cause of religion and legalism) not YHWH's as defined in Torah.

Without the RQ we cannot be transformed into HIS rightiousness, only conformed to our own opinion of rightiousness (knowledge of Good and Evil).

Offline rs  
#12 Posted : Thursday, December 20, 2007 3:34:54 PM(UTC)
rs

coleridge wrote:
that's exactly what i'm asking rs. acts 4:12 leads me to believe that anything other than the name Yahushua is not acceptable

The Acts 4.12 verse states that there is no other Name under heaven given among men by which we need to be saved.

I think that's different than taking the reverse position that if you do not call on the name Yahshua, instead calling him Jesus, that you don't receive the blessings promised through his life, death, and resurrection.

I think it would be a cruel hoax to withhold salvation to those who never had a chance to call on the name. Yada in YY brings out the point that there is a third way, not just heaven and hell, when you die. His point which I agree with is that Yahweh is not a cruel, sadistic creator. In the same way, I think there must be some leeway for ignorance and misinterpretation.

The only question is how far off the narrow path we can go. I know for myself that I may have solid doctrinal grounding and say the right names, but when I get pulled away from Yahweh by the world I am in far worse shape that someone who calls on Jesus and Lord, but doesn't drift as much.
Offline Robskiwarrior  
#13 Posted : Thursday, December 20, 2007 10:11:28 PM(UTC)
Robskiwarrior
Man

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
rs wrote:

The only question is how far off the narrow path we can go. I know for myself that I may have solid doctrinal grounding and say the right names, but when I get pulled away from Yahweh by the world I am in far worse shape that someone who calls on Jesus and Lord, but doesn't drift as much.

I agree with you, but what I am finding is that measuring yourself with the same stick dos'nt work anymore...

Christian words like "backsliding" and the like show how a Christian may have fallen away from God, by not coming to church or maybe he picks up a bad habit like swearing/drinking and does not want to pray anymore or whatever.

The problem is, Yah has different eyes to us. Yes they may be in "far better shape" in YOUR eyes, but from Yah's eyes how do they look? and then how we all look in comparison to the "heathen"? I'm not invalidating your comment that Yah is not compassionate to the people who just dont know - because I believe He is... BUT we need to remember we cant measure by worldly measuring sticks lol Our Righteousness is like filthy rags to Him, so that does mot leave us with much if we are the best Christian in the world.

I suppose what I am trying to say - is trying to judge how good a Christian someone is, it just dosnt work - when I was in my 5 years of depression, I could get away with looking like a normal Christian guy - (except to one friend) it was only my wife that suffered really... (sorry Ju)

Signature Updated! Woo that was old...
Offline coleridge  
#14 Posted : Friday, December 21, 2007 4:02:36 AM(UTC)
coleridge

ok so there is a leeway... does anyone have any idea as to what it may be? and if christians get one, then do muslims, krishnas, buddhist, taoist, or secular humanist? they all believe we worship the same God under a different name, and under our regional customs. that's fine with me... i'm not trying to keep people from experiencing eternal life. i'm not trying to say that a "good" person is anything less than that. is our goodness or the intent of our heart the key to eternal life? if you ask anybody if they thought they were good.... they would say they have problems like everybody else, but in the overall they think they are good. so if that's the ignorance leeway... then what's the purpose of getting to know YHWH at all? john said that those who practice "torahlessness" are not of elohim... the first point of the torah is to love YHWH... that's pretty much the first rule...
Offline rs  
#15 Posted : Friday, December 21, 2007 7:23:13 AM(UTC)
rs

Isn't being sealed by the Set Apart Spirit the proof of salvation? And then this would be outwardly evidenced through a changed life.

I think Christians would accept this.
Offline Robskiwarrior  
#16 Posted : Friday, December 21, 2007 8:41:05 AM(UTC)
Robskiwarrior
Man

the problem is there is no leeway. Salvation is a relationship with Yahweh. Salvation is only a bi product of relationship. Eternal life is only a bi product. Its the same as any empowerment or gift by the Set Apart Spirit. Relationship is always first. Its not a case of - well you tried to walk that path but you had one foot off so I will let you in anyway... the question is "DO I KNOW YOU?" Remember the goats and sheep wasn't a question of us being who we are in whatever religion, it was a question of our relationship WITH Him. There is no formula to getting salvation - because salvation isn't the goal of my heart. If it is the goal of anyone's heart I doubt that they would ever get it. You should not marry someone for their house, you marry for love of being with that person... If you are in relationship with Yah - you happen to have a few added extras :) Like my wife for example... being married to me she gets a free lazy husband who irritates her and doesn't do the washing up very well... :P with Yah you get eternal life and more! (I know what I would choose LOL)

If you HAVE relationship, you HAVE salvation - its that simple. Thats why Yah is the only one who knows how your relationship REALLY is. If you have relationship - Yah can make use of you. It might be a journey to get to that point, I know it is for me at this point as I am trying to shake off the chains of religion... relearning from ground up, but I know in the future the time will be ready for me to be effectively useful for Him.

The path is narrow, and the path is something that only you and Yah REALLY know that you are on. The path is also a journeys. You cant really tell where anyone is, because its all about them and Yah. Yahweh knows of course, and thats all that matters really.

Whatever religion you claim to be under bares no significance to your relationship with Him. unfortunately, they mostly just distract you FROM your relationship with Him.
Offline coleridge  
#17 Posted : Friday, December 21, 2007 2:29:20 PM(UTC)
coleridge

robski... i agree to all that you are saying. no doubt, relationship is key. i believe that whole heartedly. no one of us can judge that except YAHWEH and the person. but how can i have a relationship with someone, if i don't know their name? no you don't marry a person because of what they have, but you don't marry a person without knowing their name. i believe that this is a journey... like the exodus from egypt was a journey, but if you recall.... almost everybody who started out on that journey with YHWH got lost in pagan rituals, and adopted names... those people died out there. i'm sure they were all great people. i'm sure they were trying their best to get to know god. that didn't get them to the promised land. even though they were called out of egypt, and experienced YHWH's provision< and YHWH loved them. they did not inherit the promised land. that's all i'm saying... i'm not trying to send anyone to hell (hades, gehenna, etc...) i'm not here to judge anyone. i am new to this whole thing myself. i tell people all the time that i just got "saved". i've been a christian since birth, my family is christian (1 muslim cousin)... i'm just saying that if there really is a god, and he puts his name above all blessings and praise (per psalms) then the fact that we worship "something like him..." doesn't add up to what He required. He also said that all he really wanted us to do was to love his name and keep his sabbaths (per isaiah). if that's all he wants and we find reason to not do those two things...what can be said of our relationship. Yahushua told Kepha... if you love me, keep my commands. John said " what is his command, but to love him, and love one another" he also said that we have salvation on the account of his name. all that being said i can reasonably reason that salvation is one word and one belief away. "if you confess with your mouth Yahushua the Messiah, and believe in your heart that Elohim raised him from the dead, you shall be saved" again one word, one belief. there is but one master, one belief, and one immersion... all of that is in Yahushua. john also said that if we have salvation in him, we have the father. without the name, we don't have the father. Psa 23 says... he leads me in a path of righteousness for his NAME sake. i could go on for a very long time about how important the name of Yahushua is...or how important the name of YHWH is. is there salvation in any other name?
Offline Robskiwarrior  
#18 Posted : Saturday, December 22, 2007 2:55:18 AM(UTC)
Robskiwarrior
Man

exactly coleridge :)
Offline gammafighter  
#19 Posted : Saturday, December 22, 2007 7:24:19 AM(UTC)
gammafighter
Man

Well this topic scares the crap out of me. I'm the only person I know (outside of YY) that knows and uses the right names.

First, I don't know how everyone else feels, but I'm no Hebrew scholar. I understand Yada and other's arguments that YHWH should be transliterated "Yahuweh" or "Yahweh" and that the Messiah's name is Yahushua and I agree with them. However, I accept that there's the possibility that they aren't right. What if the Messiah's name is Yehshua? I don't think it is, but i've been wrong before. If it is Yehshua, is that it? We lose? Our relationship with YHWH isn't good enough now? I really don't think that salvation is about getting the name right. Knowing His name has definitely taken the relationship between us to a new level, but I had a relationship with Him before. I didn't for my first ten or so years (raised in a protestant church, so it's hard to say when exactly i "became" a christian), but I had a relationship with Him. I called Him "God" and "Lord Jesus Christ" but it was the God of the Torah and the Messiah foretold in the Tanach.
I see a huge difference between Protestantism and Islam, Buddhism, Hinduism, etc. I don't want to lessen the importance of the name of YHWH, because it is the most important name ever, but it is possible to know someone without knowing their real name. One way to think of it would be like this forum. I know you all by your usernames and I know you through the internet, which is like your real words that have been translated into a written internet form. I don't know you personally, I don't know the real names of many of you, and I don't know how you really speak, so our relationships are not as rich as if we knew each other in real life- as if i knew your real names and spoke with you personally without the internet "interpreting" it. So as far as I can tell, Protestantism isn't wrong at it's core. It's merely the names, the errant Scriptural translations, and the use of rituals that is wrong. The church my family goes to teaches about having relationship with YHWH, even though they call Him by the title "God". To say that their understanding of YHWH is insufficient because they use the wrong name is rather arrogant to me. Are we to assert that a relationship with YHWH is only possible through complete and perfect understanding of Him, and that we along who use His real name understand Him? No one can fully comprehend YHWH. In fact, i'm sure that the person alive today who has the greatest understanding of YHWH among all men and women doesn't even scratch the surface.
I agree that there is some leeway with how messed up the understanding can be before it's no longer relationship, but i know for sure that it isn't for us to decide. I don't think it's even for us to decide if our own understanding of Him is sufficient.

Crap. I don't have any Scripture support in this post. I can't think of any specifically. But all of Israel was called out of Babylon even when they didnt necessarily all know His name right? Maybe not. Which is why I'm not 100% convinced of my arguments. It doesn't really matter what I believe in that respect I guess, because i'll still tell people- Christians and Non-Christians- about the real names. Hopefully with the same zeal.

Edited by user Tuesday, January 29, 2008 3:27:39 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline shalom82  
#20 Posted : Saturday, December 22, 2007 10:28:05 AM(UTC)
shalom82

A piece of the puzzle may be Gamma that the great majority of the Christian world could care less about the Elohim of Israel, they give him lip service and say they have a relationship with him but for many all the cloak of christianity is is a badge, a groupthink and a routine. Remember that word for routine because for the great majority of people who identify themselves as Christian that's all it is. I don't say this lightly because this is the great majority of my family. They don't want their delicate equalibrium and sense of self disturbed in the least. Think of bagels and lox Jews who use a spattering of Yiddish and deny the Messiah...it's a routine...a sense of self. If they were dilligently searching the scriptures and communicating with Yahuweh asking for his spirit to guide them and see HIS scriptures through unbiased and fresh eyes they would be getting something totally different out of that experience rather than Laodicea's Protestantism or Sardis (Roman Catholicism). I am not judging individual salvation as I am observing the trends of the whole. I can see that evidenced in my own family. Most of them exemplify Laodicea. "This is a Christian nation!" I have people in my family who care more about Christmas and Easter more than they do the scriptures. I have very "pious" members in my family who would never even allow themselves to think something was wrong with the Protestant Church. They buy all the chicken soup books and all the other books that help them to be secure in their faith and read the scriptures through a protestant filter. They read already reasoning that Protestantism is right and how can they fit the scriptures into the mold they want it to fit into. Then we look at the ministers and the pastors and the priests. Many of these men have given up prosperity, recognition and comfort for the word of God and their Savior Jesus Christ. RELIGIOUS DEVOTION AND ECSTACY IS NOT ENOUGH!!! Does the body builder who "religiously" goes to the gym and reads his "scriptures" and watches what he eats to attain the Greek Ideal...does he do less? Does the Islamic cleric in Africa that is striving with all his might to stem the tide of Christianity do less for Allah? Does the Buddhist monk do less to show his devotion to the teachings of Buddha? Indeed!, do the animist witch doctors who have to take care of their villages needs and problems do less for their Gods? The rabbis, priests, pastors, shamans, mullahs, preachers, witch doctors, monks, and nuns all show devotion to their concept of God/Gods and all would claim to have some sort of communication/relationship with Him/Her/Them. That doesn't make them any less wrong. Protestantism may be less wrong but in that phrase they are still wrong. This is something which is completely avoidable. Read the scriptures with how can I say this....no mind. Read it without already putting it in a mold, read it as if you had never even heard of it before. Yes, I know it's very very difficult, but still it's simple. I love Yada Yahweh, but I was on this path long before I ever heard of Yada. I remember when I was 6 years old or so my church had a play called Christmas truths. It was an expose' on Christmas. It said everything that we talk about regularly on this forum about this heinous day. The adults said how wonderful it was, how it strengthened their faith, how it provided fresh insights and everyone went down to the fellowship room and ate birthday cake that said Happy Birthday Jesus and went on as if nothing had happened to shake their belief. I as a 6 year old was mortified. At about 12 years of age I started reading the scriptures on my own and at 15 years of age I lost my faith because I could not reconcile protestantism with the scriptures. I still payed it lip service, but I lost my faith because I could not reconcile the idea that Protestantism wasn't the way. I still thought that organized religion was the only way you could encounter Yahuweh's truth, and protestantism seemed to be the only one that was viable. Through a series of other bumps and turns here I am today...more secure than I ever was in my life that I have a relationship with Yahuweh Elohim of this universe because I relied on him through his scriptures to get me here. Most christians won't even take time time to examine their belief past a certain age and those who do go crawling back to their preacher for comfort and assurance rather than going forward and removing the blindfold. I can't judge them and their relationship but I do find their lack of persistence and their indifference...peculiar. Imagine having a wife that hates Golf and you go out and buy her a set of golf clubs for an anniversary gift. She says, "But, Honey...I hate golf, I never said I liked golf, I never lied to you and told you that I did." You say, "Well, your my wife and I'll be hanged if I have a wife that doesn't love golf. If you begin to play we can spend more time together and have a nice relationship, but that's only if you will take them and practice. Hey, by the way, I'm gonna start calling you Betty." She says, "Huh?! Betty's not my name, why would you do that?". You say, "Betty's a nice name, I like it. What does it matter if I call you Betty? You understand that I'm calling you...does calling you Betty change anything?....maybe I should just say Hey You! instead? Be thankful that I chose Betty!...by the way Happy Anniversary, I love you." You would say this guy is a first class jerk. He's obstinate and selfish. Now think about how this example exemplifies the average Christian's relationship with Yahuweh. Now we are not dealing with another flesh and blood human being but with the flawless, perfect, all knowing Elohim and creator of this universe.

As for the issue of knowing the Messiah's name, there is plenty of scriptural evidence that His name is Yahushua and there is even extra scriptural evidence. As for Yeshua here are a couple of ideas. Yeshua is most likely the Aramaic name for Yahushua or it is a post exilic abbreviation for Yahushua. Yeshua had been in common use since the repatriation of the Yahudim back to the land. Yahushua had come back into common usage about 200 to 150 years before the birth of Messiah. Yahushua was his given Hebrew name and it could be that people in every day life called him Yeshua or Yashua. Do I prefer the name Yahushua based on the evidence and feel that our Messiah is has earned the right to be called Yahushua, most definitely.

As for the issue that Protestantism isn't wrong at it's core, I guess it's all where you place the core. I don't think "merely" was the right word. We are talking about CORE issues here. The name of Yahuweh was a name which our Elohim said over and over again in his scripture was irreplaceable and essential. To practice and mix nicolaitan doctrine and overt Paganism with true relationship, service, and worship or to replace true communion/worship with the whore is CORE. Yahuweh hates fornication and hates the whore and he showed us how much he hates it over and over again and he does not change. Nations are layed low, exiled and destroyed because of it all throughout the scriptures. I would hope that everyone at this forum would be of the mind that we all had to be born anew. Just as newborns we had to learn our Father's name, we had to learn our Mother's name and our brother's name. We had to learn how to digest solid food and walk. BUT, I AM SURE YOU KNOW AND LOVE YOUR EARTHLY FATHER MORE NOW THAN YOU DID WHEN YOU WERE 18 MONTHS OLD, WHY SHOULD YAHUWEH BE ANY DIFFERENT? The issue of salvation is not so much knowing his name or knowing right away how to walk with him. It's the willingness to rely on him and to grow being guided by his nurtering hand. It's not so much the Christian that doesn't know the name of Yahuweh that scares me, it's the Christian who rejects the name of Yahuweh and who rejects the upright ways of Yahuweh that I worry about. Not having come into the knowledge of Yahuweh and his word, YET is radically different from rejecting it for the sake of comfort and acceptance within a group. Eli'Yahu, YashaYahu, and YirmeYahu were not concerned about such things and neither was Yahushua. That being said there is a certain point where not coming into knowledge is willful, obstinate, and stiffnecked. Ignorance is no excuse...especially willful ignorance. That a 40, 50, 60 year old or for that matter a 20 year old who has been a christian their whole life would not come to know the name of Yahuweh and the importance of not desolating it and the importance of walking in the upright ways of Yahuweh observing his feasts and sabbath is...not good. Lovers, families, husbands and wives, business partners and friends break up because they can no longer grow with or do not care to grow with their partner(s) anymore. The fact that most Christians don't want to grow speaks of a relationship that has grown cold no matter how much outward religiousity is manifested.

I don't think gamma that you should be frightened by or intimidated by large numbers. There was never any indication by Yahuweh that the majority would be right or that even the majority would be saved. Protestantism is a step in the right direction until you actually become a protestant immersed in Protestant doctrine instead of moving on...then you are just moving backwards like everybody else. But don't take if from me, take it from Yahushua...I think he used the word vomit.

Sorry I guess I was born a ramblin' man
Shalom

edit: There was one thing I forgot to say. There is a difference between striving with Yahuweh and inevitably coming up short or off the mark and willfully placing Yahuweh in a mold that suits you. Striving to use the names (perhaps a bit incorrectly) due to Yahuweh's admonishment and your desire to be an obedient son or daughter is obviously different than saying, "It doesn't matter, He knows I who I am calling on." What Yahuweh desires is an attitude of the heart. Remember when Yahushua told the story about the sons in the vineyard? I know it's not an exact ringer but there are some connections to the points I am trying to make. One said he didn't want to but repented and worked for his father and the other said he would but didn't. Love and relationship is in the doing not in the saying. Actions lend credibility to words not the other way around. I am not talking about salvation by works, I am speaking of the evidence of relationship through obedience and a willingness to spend some time with Abba. My father taught me how to fish, if when he said "Shalom82, let's go fishing", I said "ok, but then stayed home and knitted", I can't claim that my father taught me how to fish just because I said I would allow him to. Yahuweh made it clear how he wanted to spend time with us and what he wanted to teach us in his scriptures. If we say ok, but don't learn and won't do then what are we to Him and do we have relationship with Him? Yahuweh payed the price....now what are we going to do with the opportunity we have been given to be his children?
YHWH's ordinances are true, and righteous altogether.
Offline coleridge  
#21 Posted : Saturday, December 22, 2007 12:04:27 PM(UTC)
coleridge

point... well taken shalom. i think fear is the wrong emotion to have here. for the first time in my life, i feel like i have something to offer this dying world. i've always been a church leader... a minister of music, a preacher, teacher... my mom was a pastor. i've always thought to myself " what in the world can i teach that hasn't been taught?" i never liked "witnessing" i felt like everybody already knew about jesus...but with this... i'm instrumental! i have the oppurtunity to share my faith.... finally! i thank YHWH for that. he really redeemed time for me! so i'm not fearful... on the contrary, i'm bold. i can't stop talking about it. i'm losing "friends" left and right! lol but i count it all joy. i pray that you all have experienced such joy. you can be a witness! of what we have seen with our eyes, heard with our ears, handled with our hands...(per john)

i want say much else..... kick the signature line
Offline Robskiwarrior  
#22 Posted : Saturday, December 22, 2007 2:09:15 PM(UTC)
Robskiwarrior
Man

shalom82 its like you jumped into my head and put into words what i was trying to say lol
Offline gammafighter  
#23 Posted : Sunday, December 23, 2007 6:40:23 PM(UTC)
gammafighter
Man

Yes coleridge, exactly! Now we have the entire Church to preach to. That is very exciting! When I say that I'm afraid of this topic, I mean that most of my beloved friends are Christians. It is the fear that I will not see them forever in the Father's presence. I acknowledge that it is a selfish fear; I want to see my friends and loved ones in Heaven. I'm working on turning it into the fear that they may never know YHWH. As someone has already said, salvation is a byproduct of knowing YHWH, which is the real joy in life. Therefore, I should want them to experience that life-changing joy and not worry about whether I will get to see them again.

Shalom82, I think we agree on a lot but we say different things. I guess the main difference comes from who we have in mind when we say "Protestants" and "Christians". I have in mind those that actually have a relationship with YHWH. These are the Christians that honestly want to know YHWH. They try to follow Yahushua's teachings, they pray, not necessarily to receive things, but to know Him, His way and His will in their lives. The reason they do it by going to church on sunday and celebrating Christmas is because they have been deceived. That may be the point where we differ. I believe that they will not have as rich of a knowledge as those who know His name, but I think in their hearts, they are seeking after YHWH. I agree with you that rejecting the name of YHWH is different than being ignorant of it. I see it as being a symptom of religiosity. With YHWH, things are pretty absolute, but not so with Man. a man may hear that God's name is YHWH, but not start using it. To me, it doesn't necessarily mean that they don't seek to know Him, but it's probably a good indicator. So by going to church, attending bible study, etc., i'm not arguing salvation by works but signs of one seeking YHWH. Of course many, even most, of the Christians that do the church thing do it for the wrong reasons; the religious reasons. I know i did when I was younger and I thought I was doing the right thing. Errrrr.... to stop myself from rambling, my point is that it's really up to YHWH to decide if an individual know Him or not and I believe that knowledge of His true name isn't instrumental in knowing Him, but it is very helpful. Do you believe that there are those who seek to know YHWH even though His Scripture is errantly translated to them, His name is hidden from them, and Man's doctrine is forcefed to them?

I have to admit that most Christians don't have or seek to have a relationship with YHWH. I agree with you wholeheartedly on that. I think i probably gave the impression that i believed all Christians to be honestly seeking to know YHWH.

I can see two dangers in this discussion, and I think you and I walk right on the edge of each line. We have to be careful that we don't believe things just because we want them to be true (i.e. me believing that knowing YHWH's name is not essential to relationship). But we also can't believe that just because we have a more full knowledge that we have more of a right to relationship (i.e. you believing... whatever you believe. i don't want to misrepresent you and make this a straw man argument :P ).

Dawid and Shalom,

Paul

P.S.
It's been great to read your perspective on this. I tend to agree with most people on the forum, so this is a nice change. Now I know for sure that i'm not being brainwashed! Also, it's been great to reflect on my beliefs on this as well as yours. This topic may have had some subconcious influence on me to talk to my mom about YY topics (Christmas, the name of YHWH, etc.) and she really took it well (as in, she didn't immediately reject it). Like me, she was surprised and said she would have to take it all in. Hopefully she will trust YHWH and His Scripture more than Man. :D
Offline J&M  
#24 Posted : Monday, December 24, 2007 1:58:59 AM(UTC)
J&M

YHWH says 'I will be found of you'

Those who seek, WILL find, and I know from my being right here, that we stray many times, but the path is always from where we are now straight to YHWH, if we are prepared to take it.

Those who are deceived, have, by definition, stopped searching for TRUTH, usually because the lie is more comfortable.

There is nothing to be gained by being deceived, and anahilation awaits those who are deceived. YHWH is in the quality game not the 'bottoms on seats' industry as most of the christian religion.

Most christians of my experience, tell YHWH exactly what He needs, and then go out of their way to achieve it. Aided and abetted along the way by church establishments and hierarchies.

I do not know what YHWH understands by pistueo, but I do not think simple 'belief' in Jesus is enough! and the church obsession with 'salvation' as an end point of spirituallity is very damaging.

Edited by user Monday, December 24, 2007 8:15:52 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline shalom82  
#25 Posted : Monday, December 24, 2007 10:07:18 AM(UTC)
shalom82

Gamma,
I am sincerely asking this in a curious and sincere tone, in the friendliest and most inquisitive way possible, so please don't take this the wrong way. What is it exactly that you think I believe?

Shalom

Edit:

Robski,
btw....ditto

Edited by user Monday, December 24, 2007 3:48:19 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

YHWH's ordinances are true, and righteous altogether.
Offline ZzyzxRd1mile  
#26 Posted : Friday, January 4, 2008 11:52:16 AM(UTC)
ZzyzxRd1mile
Woman

Hello. I'm a complete newby here, exploring the concepts broached, and I have to admit ignorance. But something that Gamma said hit a nerve. We are talking about our supreme spiritual being ( not wanting to use the word God/Lord/Savior ). Surely He knows our hearts and minds when we discuss Him and converse with Him. For example, where I work I have a number of names. To some I am Mrs. Ryder, to others Natalie. Others call me Woody (long story!) and my young niece calls me Tallie. When each of these people call me by any of these names I know they are talking to / about me. Each person has a different reason for the name they use, and to each of those people that is the only name they can call me, for example those who call me Mrs. Ryder don't know my first name and if they did it would not be appropriate for them to use it. I guess what I'm trying to say that none of these names is wrong, they are all my names. If the only name I know for Him is 'God' or 'Jehovah' or even 'Albert', He knows I am talking to and about Him, and I cannot believe that He would love me less or seek to punish me just because somewhere down the line a thousand years ago a barley literate scholar made a mistake, or that I would be held accountable for an ancient religious leaders attempt to deceive. I fully appreciate the value and need for truth, and but I think the truth of intent is just as important as the written truth. I hope I have managed to explain myself properly, and that this message will be read as if from the hand of a child which is truly how I feel confronted with all this new learning and unlearning. Thankyou.
Offline Icy  
#27 Posted : Friday, January 4, 2008 2:29:24 PM(UTC)
Icy
Man

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Perhaps you are correct, Natalie, and being Love and Mercy as he is, I think Yahuweh probably does still listen to those people that mean to have a relationship with him but don't know his name. But, if you told those people that call you Mrs. Ryder that you would prefer that they call you Natalie, then wouldn't they be disrespecting you to do otherwise? For them not to call you what you want them to after you reveal your name to them is a total disregard for you, it becomes about them and what they want to do. So, would it not be the same with Yahuweh? If he makes his name known to you and asks you to use it (as he does several times in Scripture) then wouldn't it be wise to use it?

Beside all of that, I don't believe that Yahuweh loves anyone less or ever seeks to punish. He loves all of us, unfortuantly not everyone loves him. He is our loving father, and like any loving father, nothing we do will cause him to love us any less. He may be disappointed and sad at the choices we make, but he always loves us. Being love, as he is, he can do no less. Also, he does not seek to punish. Rules are in place and a punishment must be made when those rules are broken. Thankfully, he already took the punishment for us, all we have to do is accept the gift.
Offline ZzyzxRd1mile  
#28 Posted : Friday, January 4, 2008 3:17:14 PM(UTC)
ZzyzxRd1mile
Woman

Thankyou for your words of affirmation Icy, I suddenly feel a little less stupid than I did an hour ago. I have always found it very difficult to put across in words the things that float around in my head, yet here a stranger understood me perfectly. Thankyou.
As to your point, I must admit I had not considered that and I suddenly feel foolish again, this learning and unlearning business is hard! I will consider your words well. Thankyou
Offline gammafighter  
#29 Posted : Friday, January 4, 2008 8:15:52 PM(UTC)
gammafighter
Man

Shalom82- Sorry! I forgot to respond to your latest post because I was in the middle of traveling completely across the country and I had limited internet access. Good thing for our new friend and sister, Natalie (or ZzyzxRd1mile if you prefer), chose to respond to this topic.

Since you asked, it seems to me that you believe that knowledge of the name "Yahweh" is necessary to salvation.

Sorry, but the conversation was too long ago for me to remember anything meaningful that i might have added to it.
Offline bitnet  
#30 Posted : Saturday, January 5, 2008 12:20:44 AM(UTC)
bitnet

This is indeed the topic that started the RCC on its ecumenical drive not long ago. IF, a very big IF, the Creator is all loving and compassionate and understanding, then He would know that the hearts are in the right place and that the methods are just different. But this is exactly what led to the plethora of world religions in the first place! Can everybody be right? Surely not! Coleridge's signature line says it all. This is not what He wanted or instituted! What is our locus standi for doing things our way and say that He must understand? Or does Yahuweh have a plan that includes all who are sincere but have been misguided?

I was concerned that my late parents, both very good, kind hearted people who would not harm anyone and who would help anyone in need, died as RCC members. I have siblings and good friends who are still RCC members. But I have stopped worrying or thinking about them as I understand that Yahuweh does have a plan for them if their hearts are right and that they will be given a chance and it shall be up to us to help guide them to understand the Truth when that time comes around. Imagine the opportunity to meet with family and friends again, with us from a completely different dimension, and being able to share with them more than we know today. Yahuweh's love is immeasurable and so are His ways, but here right now we are called together for a purpose.

That purpose is not a selfish purpose. It is not so that only we can simply enjoy eternal life because He chose us and we sought to answer His call. After the rapture we will have work to do! We will have responsibilities and power beyond imagination! And we must be able to temper that power and use it for the rest of creation. Which is why the whole creation earnestly awaits us! My mind boggles at this scenario! It really is overwhelming!

So when I see the others who have not been drawn well unto nigh, I try to share this message that there is only one Way and it starts with following His way today. How do they find the way if it is denied them? Not everyone has a PC or knows how to search out Truth. So are they "lost"? Someone postulated that Yahuweh does not make haste or waste, and that His plan for those who have their hearts in the right place will be given a second chance after the Great Throne judgement. Those whom He knows to be teachable will be placed on one side, whilst those who refuse Truth shall face obliteration, and those who want to continue to exploit others will be placed with their leader in an altogether different place.

Right now do we want to take a chance and walk another path when we know the way that He points out for us? What we do know is that we have a calling, and that will lead to much joy for the rest of eternity, but that that path does not include core Protestanism values and teachings which are still in error from almost any angle. We do not claim the high ground and think ourselves righteous and everyone else in error but Yahushua has shown the Way during His time here on earth and now with the Set-Apart Spirit we must be able to discern wisely. Sure we fall now and then, but which kid doesn't while learning to walk? So the bottomline is that we do not condemn them but the error of their ways.

By the way, have you guys thought about what to do for eternity? You can't sit around strumming harps all day long, can you? ;-)
The reverence of Yahweh is the beginning of Wisdom.
Offline Robskiwarrior  
#31 Posted : Saturday, January 5, 2008 1:22:08 AM(UTC)
Robskiwarrior
Man

Nicely put down Bitnet :)

bitnet wrote:

By the way, have you guys thought about what to do for eternity? You can't sit around strumming harps all day long, can you? ;-)

and yes - im gonna get REALLY good at my harp :P
Offline Icy  
#32 Posted : Saturday, January 5, 2008 5:05:11 AM(UTC)
Icy
Man

Bitnet, you said something that reminded me of a thought I had the other day. This might get a bit too much into physics and or science fiction, but I was thinking about being in our new bodies, the ones that will be able to manuver through time and I wondered about us going back in time. Wouldn't we be compelled to try to influnce the lives of our friends and family that had not been saved? Well, I first figured there would probably be rules, so that we can not change time. You can imagine the trouble that could cause by us changing time. But then another idea occured to me: with infinite possibilities of choices throughout time there could be an infinite number of alternate realities where all of those different choices have been made. Then, us "changing" the past would only be a matter of shifting toward another reality. One thing would be constant always, and that would be Yahuweh. Well, that got me thinking farther, if he is constant, his plan must also be constant, only our choices differ, so with infinite possibilities, it could be possible that everyone is saved in at least one reality. But, on the opposite side of that, is that many would be saved many times over, it would be weird to have thousands or more of you hanging out. So, I postulated that perhaps in the new kingdom, all of those possibilites of "you" would be merged into one, at that point, there would be no need for alternate realites.

That was just a weird thought that had come to me.
Offline kp  
#33 Posted : Saturday, January 5, 2008 7:30:03 AM(UTC)
kp

Physics, Icy? How's this for a mind-bending thought? It has been demonstrated that time slows down in the presence of increased mass. What if the eternal state is just another way of expressing the concept that we (our spiritual entities) will be absorbed into Yahweh? Think about it: the energy released in the "big bang" transformed (according to Einstein's E=MC2 equation) into all the matter and energy we see about us in the universe---an unbelievably immense quantity of energy/matter; and yet Yahweh (the sole source of this mass) was apparently not diminished through its creation. That means (if my logic is sound) that Yahweh's "mass" (or energy equivalent) is near infinite (and I only say "near" because I can't comprehend infinite mass or energy). If we're absorbed into Yahweh's being, then according to the physics as I understand it, time would for us cease moving altogether. Voila! Eternity.

By the way, this same thought process explains how a universe 13.7 billion years old (by our reckoning) could be described in all honesty by Yahweh as "six days" in the creation account. It all depends upon your point of view.

kp
Offline Icy  
#34 Posted : Saturday, January 5, 2008 8:21:41 AM(UTC)
Icy
Man

I have had that thought as well, kp.
Offline Tiffany  
#35 Posted : Saturday, January 5, 2008 8:29:33 AM(UTC)
Tiffany
Woman

I love how all of this physics stuff comes into play when we think about our reality of what will happen come the millennial Sabbath and afterwards.

As I was reading bitnet's post I was thinking about one of my favorite movies, "Bruce Almighty" the guy who gets all the power. Part of the discussion that takes place is there are a few things that Bruce can not do no matter how much power he really has, and the key two were you can't make someone love you, and that you can't mess with free will. So that being said I am sure that what we will see in the future as we come into the presence of Yah will only strengthen us as we face whatever comes next!
Offline bitnet  
#36 Posted : Sunday, January 6, 2008 10:14:48 PM(UTC)
bitnet

Icy, you may be the reason why these poor folks are claiming UFO sightings and abduction... you keep coming back as aliens in flying saucers to tease them. lol!
The reverence of Yahweh is the beginning of Wisdom.
Offline JamesH  
#37 Posted : Tuesday, January 8, 2008 12:36:00 PM(UTC)
JamesH

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Back to Salvation, Birth First; John: 3:14,15 and in Num 21:5-9 All they had to do is know they were going to die then Look to Live ( Trust) Then comes Relationship?