logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline shalom82  
#1 Posted : Sunday, December 16, 2007 1:53:04 PM(UTC)
shalom82

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
That fat man in the red suit shall soon be making his rounds! Prepare, your surface to air missiles!!! haha...anyway...now to the point.

I got up this morning around 6 o' clock and I turned on the TV to check out the ole' weather channel. The channel that happened to be on had some organization, that I believe was called feed the Children or something like that. They had some infomercial on trying to play on the general giving spirit of the season to persuade you to give money. I think they were offering some CD from the Oak Ridge Boys or something...It was of course a Christmas CD. Fair enough. But then they had this scene on with this little girl and she said something that I can't remember word for word so I will paraphrase

I asked my Mommy, why Santa didn't come to our house. She said, "I don't know. I think you were all good this year, so I don't really know why he didn't come. He must have forgotten our house."

Why does this Mother feel compelled to lie and perpetuate a myth that only brings disappointment and dismay to her children? I was so angry, I wanted to throw the remote through the TV. Santa Claus is a rotten miserable abomination. He's not some wonderful tradition. He is an entity that is used by the Adversary to sow disappointment, distrust, and disbelief among children.
I know that some of you reading this now have images of the church lady dancing in your head, with her Satan/Santa theory and are laughing at my earnestness and my reasoning on this matter but I stand by my convictions.

I talked to my best friend who happens to be a post graduate psych major on this very issue. He agreed with me on psychological principle and personally. He said he feels like every time he hears a child talking about Santa Claus he wants to let the cat out of the bag. He thinks it's absurd how parents guard this devious mythology like a precious treasure that could vaporize with the slightest jarr when it only sows the seeds of distrust in their relationship with their children. He actually cited some study that was done on it, but only in passing. I'll try to get more information from him on it.

From my own personal experience, and sorry...I am not trying to lay on the couch here...but from a very early age I didn't believe in Santa Claus...to tell you the truth I never even liked him. From my earliest years I remember distrusting him. I didn't like sitting on his lap and I noticed that even when I told him things I wanted I rarely got them anyway. I think from the time I was 4 I pretty much knew. But I didn't stop pretending until I was 8 or so. When I look back on this fact...why I pretended something existed when I knew it was a farce....I think I did it for my parents. I thought they would be upset if they knew that I knew, and somehow if I pretended that he existed I wouldn't have to acknowledge that they had lied to me. I remember one of the first questions I asked my Mom about was God. My friend said the same thing. I am not saying that something as shallow as Santa Claus is a stumbling block to all youth, but when I saw those blasphemy challenge videos and saw how many people lumped Yahuweh, Elohim of this universe with the Easter bunny and Santa Claus I have to imagine that he was a stumbling block to some. Anyway, why would you risk it?

Shalom
YHWH's ordinances are true, and righteous altogether.
Offline Robskiwarrior  
#2 Posted : Sunday, December 16, 2007 3:00:02 PM(UTC)
Robskiwarrior
Man

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
I agree :)

our kids know that Santa isn't real - why would we want to lie to them.
Signature Updated! Woo that was old...
User is suspended until 4/7/2030 11:52:02 PM(UTC) YahWarrior  
#3 Posted : Sunday, December 16, 2007 4:25:03 PM(UTC)
YahWarrior
Man

For an interesting video on the origins of the Santa Clause mythos and the colors associated with it (as well as many other little things) take a long look at this video. In it you will also learn about how the Catholic Church arrived at their colors and their dress.

http://www.archive.org/d...atic-Inquisition_wmv.wmv

Yah Bless!

YahWarrior