logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline coleridge  
#1 Posted : Monday, December 3, 2007 2:07:17 PM(UTC)
coleridge

Greetings in the most wonderful name i know...YHWH, by the grace and love of his most wonderful son Yahushua! i do so love the fact that this whole forum thing is out here! this is amazing! ok back to the point... how are you guys dealing with the pressures of organized religion? are you still attending a church home? are you sharing with the members of that assembly? what kind of obstacles. if any. are you running into following the messiah? how are you coping? how's the family taking it?

p.s. i never realized how rude christians can be.... how do they know i want to hear all those christmas carols when i'm grocery shopping? lol
let YHWH be true, and every man a liar
Offline gammafighter  
#2 Posted : Monday, December 3, 2007 4:23:10 PM(UTC)
gammafighter
Man

Welcome coleridge! We're glad to have you. I'm currently working on writing a letter to my dad (who I live with) to explain my choice to him. I tried to talk it out with him, but we went off on tangents i wasn't prepared for and I couldn't find all my scripture references. So it didn't work out so well. I'm going to send a copy of that letter to my pastor too. Yes, i still attend church in addition to Saturday Sabbath observance. We just moved here, and the pastor really stresses relationship (both with "Jesus" and our neighbors) over religion. I think there is a lot of good there, and most of the people love YHWH enough that they might seek after His truth no matter what.

My dad has mostly been ok with it. Besides our discussion/argument, there has been only one incident. My first Sabbath, just before the sun set, he insisted that I take out the garbage, even though it wasn't completely full. I said i would get it in an hour or two after the sun was down, but he took it out himself. I realize now that it might have been better to take it out (doing good on the Sabbath is never forbidden), but on the other hand, he was obviously making a deal out of it to make me break the Sabbath. I don't know what I should have done, but I told my real Daddy all about it.
The only other thing is that sometimes he will casually drop hints about reading certain books or chapters in the Renewed Covenant Scripture that says we don't have to follow the Old Covenant (a gross, yet common misinterpretation). He's 50 and he's been a Christian for 50 years so I'm afraid he's a little set in his ways.

The biggest obstacle I have seen is skepticism. People think that if something isn't mainstream Christian, it must be a deception from the devil (yet all my life I have wondered how there could be over a billion people on the "straight and narrow"). So people put up these walls before you even get started.

I'm very interested in what other will say on this topic.
User is suspended until 4/7/2030 11:52:02 PM(UTC) YahWarrior  
#3 Posted : Monday, December 3, 2007 7:43:38 PM(UTC)
YahWarrior
Man

gammafighter wrote:
The biggest obstacle I have seen is skepticism. People think that if something isn't mainstream Christian, it must be a deception from the devil (yet all my life I have wondered how there could be over a billion people on the "straight and narrow"). So people put up these walls before you even get started.

I'm very interested in what other will say on this topic.

I love this forum. At least there are some interesting topics here. I hope to over time get to know the folks on here. Just a little on this topic.

If there are approximately 1 BILLION Christians in the world, (all with differing doctrines), then how can 1 BILLION be a few? Sounds more like the wide path to me! And, all are worshiping on a SUN-day, thereby breaking the 4th commandment, and calling Him pagan names, thereby breaking the first three also, elevating other gods before Him, invoking their names instead of His divinely revealed name. To break His Torah is lawlessness no matter how it is rationalized. Yahshua NEVER taught lawlessness. He kept the Torah. Lawlessness is Torah-lessness. So where did the 'church' make a wrong turn? At Paul's doctrine, or the misunderstanding of it? At Constantine's doctrine; the satanic superimposition of paganism over the true doctrine that Yahshua taught? Perhaps at both!

Enter ye in at the strait gate: for wide is the gate, and broad is the way, that leadeth to destruction, and many there be which go in thereat: Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it. Mat 7:13-14

This power to delude the saints is exceedingly strong, for it flows from a dynamic energy of spiritual mind control, whose source is from the prince of the power of the air, and from the evil angelic messengers known as principalities and powers, the rulers of precepts, or principles of thought; the rebellious Elohim.

More here http://www.worldwidewarr...rg/Strong%20Delusion.htm

Yah Bless!

YahWarrior
Harry
Offline Juski  
#4 Posted : Monday, December 3, 2007 11:24:09 PM(UTC)
Juski

Hey dude check out the thread about leaving church, you'll be able to see our sorry church story :)
Offline coleridge  
#5 Posted : Tuesday, December 4, 2007 7:32:31 AM(UTC)
coleridge

hey you guys thanks for your responses! it really is a blessing to have this forum Yahwarrior... Juski, i read the thread.... sorry about that, i'm praying that people will open their eyes in this evil day... Yahwarrior... i'm agreeing with you 1000% if YHWH can do anything...he can definitely count! he knows the word "few" and if you check his track record, he doesn't ever really get a lot of people. look at Noah. 8 people. in sedom and amorah...i think it was like 4 or 5. in Gideons case he trimmed down to approx. 1% of the original army. in the exodus story, only 2 people of the millions who left egypt made it to the promised land...i could continue but i think we get the point here... the whore of babylon has decieved the whole world.... the problem is, that we live in the whole world... those are our friends, relatives, co workers, neighbors, and church members. we can't imagine that they could be wrong. those are good people. we love these people dearly. YHWH loves these people dearly. this puts us back in the position on the emissaries of old. we have to tell a dying world what they must do to be saved! "Summer is over, the harvest is ended, and we are still not saved!"....im not saying that to be religious. i'm just saying that if we claim to believe in the word of YHWH...then we must believe every word that proceed from his mouth. The word mentions how the whore resembles the bride in so many ways... it can be almost impossible to tell them apart. proverbs chapters 7 and 9. they both say " he who is simple, let him turn here!" they both say that their husband is gone, and that he will return on the day of the new moon. the only real difference is the whore's guest are the guest of the grave....the bride's guest inherit eternal life. you guys keep me posted on these things, that we might be support for one another in these " trying" times.
let YHWH be true, and every man a liar