logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Robskiwarrior  
#1 Posted : Thursday, November 29, 2007 2:53:39 AM(UTC)
Robskiwarrior
Man

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Victims of religion?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i7QVbJnSPQE

Discuss...
Signature Updated! Woo that was old...
Offline kp  
#2 Posted : Thursday, November 29, 2007 3:57:53 AM(UTC)
kp

Oh swell. First you misquote God, and then you deny His existence because you don't like what He didn't say. And then you dare other poor, misguided fools to emulate your stupidity. I don't know whether to laugh or cry. I think I'll cry.

kp
Offline Robskiwarrior  
#3 Posted : Thursday, November 29, 2007 4:34:29 AM(UTC)
Robskiwarrior
Man

kp wrote:
Oh swell. First you misquote God, and then you deny His existence because you don't like what He didn't say. And then you dare other poor, misguided fools to emulate your stupidity. I don't know whether to laugh or cry. I think I'll cry.

kp

Thats what made me think "victims of religion" - they only speak from what they know, and what they know makes no logical sense to them . It seems all of them have a reason to be where they are. So if they only speak of what they know then what they know is what they have been taught. Most of those people were ex-christians, so were mostly taught in church experiances, and probably a view shaped by fellow christians and the world. - maybe something is wrong with the "church"?
Offline shalom82  
#4 Posted : Thursday, November 29, 2007 7:53:04 AM(UTC)
shalom82

misery loves company...

It seems as if the Edomites are still among us afterall.

Edited by user Thursday, November 29, 2007 1:10:20 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

YHWH's ordinances are true, and righteous altogether.
Offline Light1  
#5 Posted : Friday, November 30, 2007 3:07:23 AM(UTC)
Light1
Man

I've been laughing myself, what a bunch of jerks-it's not enough to want to go to hell yourself, you have to drag a bunch of kids in with you. As for the verse, I believe that Yahshua was referring to the Pharisses who were telling Him that he was helping people by the power of baalzebub (satan) when he was clearly fufilling prophecy in front of their eyes. As for being raised in the church, perhaps some parents use hell as a threat to their children but in my case-mom and dad stuck to using a nice leather belt instead. That got great results and didn't affect my later conversion and development in the Faith. Today's church is dead in the water when it comes to teaching people, especially children. While my parents took me to Sunday school a few times when I was younger, I had no idea what was going on. It was only years later when I read the Scriptures for myself that I understood what it was all about. When my youngest nephew was born last year, I got him a little Bible (NKJV) for him so he could read and discover for himself as he gets older like my family did for me (KJV version although I put it back on the shelf after reading though it once for a NRSV).
Offline Light1  
#6 Posted : Friday, November 30, 2007 4:17:17 AM(UTC)
Light1
Man

Ok, I've been getting deeper into the Blasphemy challenge website and watching it's videos-what a bunch of sick folks. However I found this one-http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uajlgWmxs6E LOL! :D
Offline Robskiwarrior  
#7 Posted : Friday, November 30, 2007 4:31:49 AM(UTC)
Robskiwarrior
Man

Light1 wrote:
Ok, I've been getting deeper into the Blasphemy challenge website and watching it's videos-what a bunch of sick folks. However I found this one-http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uajlgWmxs6E LOL! :D

hes got a point lol
Offline gammafighter  
#8 Posted : Friday, November 30, 2007 12:34:07 PM(UTC)
gammafighter
Man

One of the proponents of the challenge said in an interview with Fox news, that believing in a supreme being or that humanity is fallen is a form of "psychological torture". As if the claim that humans are flawed were some gigantic lie. As always, their arguments are nothing more than lies, unfounded opinions, and complete (often intentional) misunderstandings.
Offline Mike  
#9 Posted : Friday, November 30, 2007 2:39:22 PM(UTC)
Mike

Was thanked: 24 time(s) in 16 post(s)
The following is from Wikipedia so take it with a grain of salt.
Brian Flemming is the writer, director, and producer of this video.
Statements made by Flemming and interviewees in The God Who Wasn't There include the following:
1 Flemming asserts that the divine Jesus was based on older, mythic "savior figures" such as Thor, Balder, Beddru, Deva tat, Dionysus, Mithras, Bacchus and Horus, arguing that these figures shared one or more similarities to Jesus, including being born of a virgin on December 25, being killed on a cross or tree, being visited by Magi from the East, riding donkeys into the city and being betrayed for 30 pieces of silver, etc. Flemming accuses Christian leaders of being reluctant to teach early church history because it supports, rather than debunks, the theory that Jesus was a mythic figure rather than a historic personage.
2 Flemming asserts that Christianity's global success is based on its claim to historical accuracy, as compared to most other mythologies exist in the realm of metaphor and moral parable, such as those of the ancient Greeks, who never claimed that "Zeus walked the earth exactly 2000 years ago", or the followers of Mithras or Osiris, who never claimed to have documentary proof of the physical existence of their gods. Flemming argues that Christianity bases its claim to moral authority on the assertion that God placed his own essence on Earth at a particular time and place, which can be documented, and that the evidence typically offered for this does not withstand close scrutiny.
3 Flemming asserts that the letters of Saul/Paul of Tarsus, which were written before the Gospels, omit most of the events from the traditional life of Jesus, which Flemming argues Paul would never have omitted from his arguments unless he had never heard of them. Flemming asserts that Paul mentions only the crucifixion, the resurrection, and the ascension, and presents them as having occurred in a mythic realm, rather than an Earthly one. The film claims that Jesus's life as a living person can be disproven by the fact that Paul seemed unaware of Jesus's life, despite the fact that he wrote shortly after Jesus was supposed to have died, and Jesus's biography is only provided by the Gospels of Mark, John, Matthew, and Luke, written around the end of the first century A.D. The film opines that modern Christians aren't taught about early history of their religion because doing so would call the historicity of Jesus into question.
4 Flemming opines that moderate Christianity makes even less sense than a fundamentalist interpretation of Christian doctrine, because the Bible contains many messages incompatible with toleration of non-Christians, particularly Jews, who reject Jesus as a savior and are therefore damned.
5 Flemming sees God's demand that people believe in him or be damned to eternity in hell as essentially mind control. He is appalled that Jesus will forgive murder, theft, and any other sin but will not tolerate one doubting in God's existence. Because Jesus knows peoples' innermost thoughts, and that therefore one must police one's thoughts to avoid any doubt, Flemming summarizes this idea with the statement that the greatest sin in Christianity is "to think."
6 Mel Gibson deliberately emphasized the graphic violence and suffering in his film, The Passion of the Christ. Flemming quotes a number of scenes from the film and a running tally of depictions of violence, suffering or bloodshed is shown. Flemming sees the success of The Passion Of The Christ as evidence that Christian audiences do not deplore, but rather revel, in the bloody, violent or even sadistic undertones of the Jesus myth.
7 The film also makes the point that nearly half of Americans believe, to some degree, that the Rapture, or the End of Days, will occur in their lifetime (the next 30 or 40 years), and that this sort of thinking is not conducive to long-term governmental policies.

My responses to his statements 1 – 7:
1. Satan’s sun gods such as Mithras are counter fits of the Messiah Yahushua. Yahushua was not born on December 25.
2. He doesn’t offer any evidence so hard to comment.
3. Christians are not taught about Constantine’s corruptions.
4. Non-beleiver's souls will be extinguished not damned.
5. He needs to learn about the 3 doors instead of 2.
6. BS. That was to show how big of a sacrifice Yahushua made for you and me; although I haven't seen The Passion movie so I don't really know how violent it was, but it couldn't have been any more violent than the actual event. Psalm 22 gives a pretty graphic description.
7. Well at least he knows about the Rapture. Most of our national government worships Moloch so they aren’t Christians. I don't think our government has ever thought about the long term consequences of anything. If they did they would make abortion illegal again.

Any other comments to his views?
Offline CK  
#10 Posted : Friday, November 30, 2007 6:28:42 PM(UTC)
CK

This is sad. Very sad. When blind lead blind, both fall in the ditch. Obviously Mr. Flemming has no knowledge of Yahuweh. He is Yah's enemy until he comes to know the Light of the Son.

We must pray for our enemies. The enemies of Yahuweh are our enemies. Please pray for the unenlightened. Rather than berate them, pray for them. Intercede for them, stand in the the gap.

It is good to bring these descrapanies before the bothers and sisters so that we may be in the know. We must be on our guard at all times.

While we offer the incense of our prayers to the Father, may we live honorable lives. And may we read the red lettering in the Scriptures, and follow Yahushua's good council and sound judgement, and above all remember that YAHUWEH IS IN CONTROL!

Praise Yah!
CK