logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline raoulduke  
#1 Posted : Saturday, November 24, 2007 10:56:23 AM(UTC)
raoulduke

I'm new here and since this forum looks so good, I thought i would just introduce myself. For a long time I was catholic, but there strange rituals frightened me away from church and then from God. About a year ago I started looking into "consparicy" quite heavily and I noticed that there was an unmistakable spiratual element to everything, in particular an occult theme. I started reading about the Nephilim and then started looking into the bible, which lead me through a series of strange beliefs. From gnosticism to the idea that Jesus is really a copycat myth and finally to the dying god of Mystery Babylon. I'm pretty sure Yahweh is truly the real God but I have a lot of questions that I hope people might be able to clarify and if I ever have anything half intelligent to add I certainly will. From what I understand Yahweh doesn't desire fearful worship or rituals but an indivisual relationship with every one of us. What I've read of the books on Yada Yahweh are of tremendous value. By the discussions on other forum topics the majority of people seem to be very educated. Are most of the people here just every day kind of people with normal jobs etc.?

Thanks, Mike.
Offline gammafighter  
#2 Posted : Saturday, November 24, 2007 12:28:03 PM(UTC)
gammafighter
Man

Hey, welcome Mike!

I can't say that our stories are too similar except that you seem to portray that intense longing for the Truth (whatever it may be) that I feel/felt. I admit I've been a "Christian" my whole life because it made the most sense to me, but I felt like something was off. I got the feeling from Scripture that Yahshua's followers were supposed to be outcast, but Christians make up so much of the world's population. It also troubled me how Christians wrote off some of the Old Covenant "laws" because they were considered irrelevant. I feel that YY is good because the basic principle of it is "If it's Scriptural, it's good, and if it isn't Scriptural, it's bad." With Scripture being the only reliable revelation we have from Yahweh, it only makes sense.

I can't say that i'm "normal" exactly. Most of the time I hate people as a whole, but I also get lonely a lot. Sometimes I love people as a whole like crazy though, and I tend to give people the benefit of the doubt. I'm a huge nerd, but personality-wise, I tend to get along with more "normal" or "popular" people better. I guess my latest self-contradiction is that I can't swim, but I surf about three or four times a month. Also, as far as jobs go, I'm a crossing guard. I don't know how normal that is. I'm in college though, so that's my excuse.

So yea, nice to meet you!

-Paul
Offline Icy  
#3 Posted : Saturday, November 24, 2007 1:21:59 PM(UTC)
Icy
Man

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Welcome to the forum, Mike.

I'm certainly a normal guy. I even have a normal, boring, desk job. I, like most everyone here, felt there was something wrong and was led to search things deeper and eventually came upon YY which helped to solidify some ideas that had already been floating through my head by using scripture and laying out everything neatly for me. From there, it has caused me to look into scripture and the original words to understand what was meant instead of relying on faulty translations.

We may not have all the answers here, but we do use scripture, and it does have all the answers, we just have to search through them. With all of us here searching and sharing, we are all learning on a daily basis and coming to a better understanding of Yahuweh.

I am glad that you are here and look forward to your contributions.

David
Offline Juski  
#4 Posted : Tuesday, November 27, 2007 11:14:03 AM(UTC)
Juski

Hi Im normal too!!! Im just a mum with little kids trying to love Yahweh. I hope you find the forums interesting. I'm looking forward to seeing what questions you have. :)
Offline Robskiwarrior  
#5 Posted : Tuesday, November 27, 2007 10:23:15 PM(UTC)
Robskiwarrior
Man

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
hi Mike :)

Welcome to our little community! I hope you will find alot of answers to questions, but don't forget to read Yada Yahweh too :) It will hold a lot of answers.

- Rob
Signature Updated! Woo that was old...