logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Stewart James  
#1 Posted : Saturday, August 1, 2020 2:56:33 AM(UTC)
Stewart James
Man
Thailand

Was thanked: 8 time(s) in 8 post(s)
I am finding that the latest PDF documents in Observations are not rendering the Hebrew characters that I am used to in earlier PDF documents. There is a different kind of rendering which I think is called Fixdys?

Does anyone have any idea how I can rememdy this please? It makes the reading experience more difficult than I would like!

I should add that I am using the same computer for both the earlier PDF's with the correct characters and the later PDF's that show the errant characters!

I feel sure the problems lies with settings somewhere, but I cannot find the settings that might apply to resolve this problem!

I am aware it could also be to do with a newer and different version of the PDF's from the earlier ones?

Thanks in advance!

Stewart
When a man who is honestly mistaken hears the truth, he will either quit being mistaken, or cease being honest!
Offline Bubsy  
#2 Posted : Saturday, August 1, 2020 9:47:16 AM(UTC)
Bubsy
Man

Was thanked: 22 time(s) in 19 post(s)
I think I have also seen what you are talking about - instead of seeing Yahowah's name in the four paleo-Hebrew characters marking a break in a chapter, I see Greek characters. And within the text of the chapters, when Yada mentions the Hebrew characters of a word, I see something else entirely than the paleo-Hebrew character mentioned. I have seen this occurring in all the chapters of Observations For Our Times and Coming Home in Our Time, both of which I have only been able to find on YahowahBeryth.com. It doesn't matter if I read it on a Macintosh or on a Windows computer. But the chapters on YadaYah.com do show the proper paleo-Hebrew characters properly, both when illustrating an example and in the little breaks within a chapter.
Ha Shem? I'm kind of fond of Ha Shemp, Ha Larry, and Ha Moe myself. And the earlier shorts with Ha Curly.