logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline shalom82  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, November 14, 2007 8:12:06 PM(UTC)
shalom82

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
It often happens when I come to visit the YY forum (I am often the only member on) and I see 2 or 3 guests perusing the merchandise. Well I write this with the hope that maybe even one guest would read it and join. Come on, join this wonderful forum and become a part of this great fellowship that we have here at YY. Even if you are skeptical and unsure, join. Come and ask some questions, criticize and be skeptical....but join all the same. You are not going to find a much more thoughtful and sincere group of people than here. We may be a little rough around the edges...or maybe I will just speak for myself...haha, but at most times we keep it friendly and upbeat. I hope to correspond with some new members soon.
Shalom,
Jacob
YHWH's ordinances are true, and righteous altogether.
Offline NS  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, November 14, 2007 11:36:59 PM(UTC)
NS

Hello, Shalom82

I guess the thing that kept me away from joining/participating was my fear of asking a dumb question hehe.
Offline Icy  
#3 Posted : Thursday, November 15, 2007 2:40:41 AM(UTC)
Icy
Man

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 2 post(s)
NS, any sincere question will not be dumb. We are all learning together here, so feel free to ask those questions.
Offline Theophilus  
#4 Posted : Thursday, November 15, 2007 4:54:05 AM(UTC)
Theophilus
Man

Well said Shalom82, it is difficult to anticipate a guests questions. I realize that it can be intimidating as someone browsing to join and ask questions when the subject is as massive as YY. I know for me I was curious enough about what I read in YY, FH, POD, TOM that I dared to write the authors. It was remarkable to me that they both answered my many questions thoughtfully, but was curious about what others might be asking. This forum has been such a valuable means of questioning, discussing and ultimately learning together.

Offline James  
#5 Posted : Thursday, November 15, 2007 5:58:33 AM(UTC)
James
Man

Was thanked: 216 time(s) in 149 post(s)
NS I found that this forum is one of the few places where I can ask a question that might be obvious to most, and not be laughed or mocked for not knowing. Everyone I have conversed with here is very civil, and genuinly interested in helping. Here unlike most churches I have been to, everyone is a teacher, and everyone is a student. We all learn from each other.

Anyone out there thinking of joining, know that with the more people participating, the deeper the conversations can go, so come and join in. You might ask the question, that others are wondering, but have not asked, or you might bring up a different perspective that we have not yet considered. I know the authors of YY, FH, POD, TOM certainly brought a perspective I never thought of. And so have many of the people in this fourm. So be not afraid to join us.

Edited by user Thursday, November 15, 2007 7:27:19 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Don't take my word for it, Look it up.

“The truth is not for all men but only for those who seek it.” ― Ayn Rand
Offline Harvester  
#6 Posted : Thursday, November 15, 2007 9:41:24 AM(UTC)
Harvester

Shalom!

I've only just discovered this forum, and on the annual day that commences another trip around the sun for me (Nov. 14th)...my birthday. Glad to have found you! I am just wondering is this too good to be true? Is this really a forum where I may talk about Yahweh and Yahshuah and EVERYONE will understand (for the most part) what I am talking about?

HALLELUYAH!!!!!! This is the best gift I could have gotten on my bday!

I recently just came back from keeping the Feast in Milton, FL 10/24-11/2-I noticed there were three different dates, that Set apart people held the F.O.T-it will be nice when we are all of one accord. I had so much fun, that I started looking for more fellowship and found this forum. Especially since I live in NYC and finding another Set Apart person here would truly be a miracle!

One of the things I learned at F.O.T., okay I learned more than one thing, but this is the most impressionable, was calling the days of the week as they are named in The Scriptures.

1st day
2nd day
3rd day etc.

I am trying to incorporate that into my daily speak, and I am certain you can imagine the looks I am receiving at work. Never mind my Tzits Tzits! LOL! With these pagan days coming around they really freak out when I tell them I don't participate. Now I am not using the pagan names for the days of the week! Oh my goodness this lady has really gone off her rocker! LOL! Dramedy!!!

Well I just wanted to drop by and let you all know I will be lurking in the background, and thanking our Father Yahweh for the gift of you!

Yahweh Bless!

Dreaming in Color,
Harvester.

shalom82 wrote:
It often happens when I come to visit the YY forum (I am often the only member on) and I see 2 or 3 guests perusing the merchandise. Well I write this with the hope that maybe even one guest would read it and join. Come on, join this wonderful forum and become a part of this great fellowship that we have here at YY. Even if you are skeptical and unsure, join. Come and ask some questions, criticize and be skeptical....but join all the same. You are not going to find a much more thoughtful and sincere group of people than here. We may be a little rough around the edges...or maybe I will just speak for myself...haha, but at most times we keep it friendly and upbeat. I hope to correspond with some new members soon.
Shalom,
Jacob
Offline Mike  
#7 Posted : Friday, November 16, 2007 7:04:06 AM(UTC)
Mike

Was thanked: 24 time(s) in 16 post(s)
NS, I am a newbie also. I asked my first “dumb” question a few days ago. I will ask many more in the time to come. People here are very helpful and they don’t bite so go ahead and ask questions.