logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline doncarp14  
#1 Posted : Friday, November 1, 2019 8:01:12 AM(UTC)
doncarp14
United States

In the Paul section, you state that Yahowsha was not physically resurrected because his body was incinerated. Forgetting whether or not this claim does violence to Pauls writings, it does violence to the gospels (which you say are our reliable resources). The gospels have his body being placed in a tomb, and even has women going to said tomb to annoint the body. Why would they be going to visit a body that had been incinerated? The gospels have the rock being rolled away and an empty tomb. It would be very helpful to address such obvious concerns as you make these claims; it makes it hard to continue and focus on your claims with these things not immediately addressed...
Offline James  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, November 5, 2019 10:08:22 AM(UTC)
James
Man

Was thanked: 208 time(s) in 146 post(s)
Originally Posted by: doncarp14 Go to Quoted Post
In the Paul section, you state that Yahowsha was not physically resurrected because his body was incinerated. Forgetting whether or not this claim does violence to Pauls writings, it does violence to the gospels (which you say are our reliable resources). The gospels have his body being placed in a tomb, and even has women going to said tomb to annoint the body. Why would they be going to visit a body that had been incinerated? The gospels have the rock being rolled away and an empty tomb. It would be very helpful to address such obvious concerns as you make these claims; it makes it hard to continue and focus on your claims with these things not immediately addressed...

I am not the author of QP, he actually does not frequent the forum, if you wish to talk with him he can be reached at email@yadayah.com

Personally, I find the "gospels" to range from a somewhat useful history to outright useless. However, even without that nothing in them indicates that His body was resurrected. Let us examine what you point out. The body was placed in the tomb, but the fact that the 2 women were going to anoint it just tells us that they assumed it would be there, this does not mean it was. You say the rock was rolled away to revel an empty tomb, exactly because the body was incinerated.

Yahowsha’s sole purpose was to fulfill the role of the Passover lamb, and just Yahowah instructed nothing of the lamb was to remain; it was to be burned in the fire. Yahowsha’s body was incinerated and not left in accord with Passover.
Don't take my word for it, Look it up.

“The truth is not for all men but only for those who seek it.” ― Ayn Rand
Offline doncarp14  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, November 5, 2019 3:27:14 PM(UTC)
doncarp14
United States

i may have misunderstood regarding incineration; I was assuming he meant incinerated by those attending as opposed to being placed in a tomb. I now assume you mean incinerated in the tomb by the power of god. Still, it leaves a bit of a vague picture of what the body that was seen by others was---he still had the holes in his hand and side. As for the gospels mentioning resurrection, perhaps you could read John 11:25 where Yahowsha uses the actual word resurrection (I am the resurrection-pretty direct), and also all the passages that refer to him being risen (implying that body being risen, no sense of a new body) such as Matt 28:5-6, Matt 20:18-19, John 20:8-9. Also, and I realize it is not one of the gospels, but I do not think the author has a problem with Peter, Peter use "resureection" in 1 Peter 1 and 1 Peter 3. If you find the gospels "useless" in some cases, Im not sure whta your basis for belief, interest, or commentary would be at all...
Offline doncarp14  
#4 Posted : Tuesday, November 5, 2019 3:33:03 PM(UTC)
doncarp14
United States

Oh...and I forgot....No, his "sole purpose" was not to just be the passover lamb. In his own words--"I am the resurrection and the life, the one who believes in me will live..." He came to also be the firstfruits of the dead. A simply dead, incinerated lamb is not our hope for eternal life; a resurrected lamb is...
Offline chrud  
#5 Posted : Tuesday, November 12, 2019 10:28:02 AM(UTC)
chrud

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
It looks like this needs to be stated clearly: what are called the gospels are a mix of a bunch of lies with some nuggets of half truths. They are unreliable. Reading them does more harm than good.

You are asking a question that says "Given all the lies that I've learned, how do they fit into the truth that you are trying to give me?" This is absolutely the wrong direction to take.

Change your thinking. Instead, remove everything you think you know based on the gospels, and then figure out what questions you should ask.