logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Glitch  
#1 Posted : Sunday, April 21, 2019 9:05:56 PM(UTC)
Glitch

Was thanked: 7 time(s) in 5 post(s)
I got into a brief discussion with a religious friend that followed with an exchange of emails in which he finally threw out Paul’s statement, “Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things unseen.” My reply:

“The first part of Paul’s statement is absolutely true. Faith is akin to hope. As a whole, the statement implies that God is unknowable. This negates His Towrah - His teaching, guidance and instructions that lead the way to knowledge and understanding of the terms, conditions and benefits of entering into the familial Covenant relationship.

The second part of Paul’s statement is an outright lie. Faith is evidence of absolutely nothing. But it is cleverly crafted to make the lie sound good. This intermingling of truth and lies is the trademark of the Adversary. It is brought to you courtesy of the very demon who possessed and inspired Paul, the goad in his side supplied by Satan to restrain his massive ego.”
Offline Stewart James  
#2 Posted : Monday, July 22, 2019 12:00:05 PM(UTC)
Stewart James
Man
Thailand

Was thanked: 11 time(s) in 10 post(s)
Yes indeed, faith is empty when you don't know what you are supposed to have faith in! The stories that are told are of corrupt men, so faith in what they say is like believing in their lies. If you don't read the Towrah, you don't know what is being foisted upon you, so if you take it on faith of someone's good words when they have it wrong, then where do you stand?

It was always a Christian way to tell me to take it on faith, but I told them I wanted to understand, they always use the same faith to cover up what they don't know! It's an easy get out! Less work and less trouble to study and get to the bottom of the question in hand!

I have no faith in them because I know them and what they do!
When a man who is honestly mistaken hears the truth, he will either quit being mistaken, or cease being honest!