logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline shalom82  
#1 Posted : Saturday, November 10, 2007 3:28:53 PM(UTC)
shalom82

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
in the Masehyah chapter of YY there is this statement

The Hebrew verb yasha', meaning "to save, liberate and deliver" is used 205 times in the Old Covenant. The Hebrew word for "salvation," the name and title of the "Savior," from yahshuw'ah, is listed 65 times, twice in this chapter alone.

You'll also find the Savior's name in Genesis 49:18, Exodus 14:13 and 15:2, Deuteronomy 35:15

Deuteronomy only has 34 chapters so I was just wondering what verse Yada really meant?

Also I have been confused for a long time because throughout the Maseyah chapter Yada uses Yahushua and then readily shows that it's Yashuw'ah (יְשׁוּעָתִ) I would just like a little clarity. Yada is not claiming that it says Yahushua right? Is he following Yahuweh's allusion to it's logical conclusion...like filling out the missing letters in a crossword puzzle?
Example from Masehyah

"Then Moses and the sons of Yisra'el sang this song to Yahuweh: 'I will sing to Yahuweh for He is ascended, raised up, and stands upright (ga'ah). The horse and its rider He has hurled into the sea. Yah is my strength, stronghold and fortification ('oz) and my song (zimrah). He exists as (hayah) Yahushua,( the one (zeh) God ('el) and I will dwell and abide with (nawah) Him - God ('elohiym) of my father's has risen and is set on high (ruwm). Yahuweh is His name (shem)." (Exodus 15:1-3)

Hebrew Text of Exodus 15:1-2
א אָז יָשִׁיר-מֹשֶׁה וּבְנֵי יִשְׂרָאֵל אֶת-הַשִּׁירָה הַזֹּאת, לַיהוָה, וַיֹּאמְרוּ, {ר} לֵאמֹר: {ס} אָשִׁירָה לַיהוָה כִּי-גָאֹה גָּאָה, {ס} סוּס {ר} וְרֹכְבוֹ רָמָה בַיָּם. {ס}
ב עָזִּי וְזִמְרָת יָהּ, וַיְהִי-לִי {ר} לִישׁוּעָה; {ס} זֶה אֵלִי וְאַנְוֵהוּ, {ס} אֱלֹהֵי {ר} אָבִי וַאֲרֹמְמֶנְהוּ. {ס}
YHWH's ordinances are true, and righteous altogether.
Offline shalom82  
#2 Posted : Saturday, November 10, 2007 5:23:27 PM(UTC)
shalom82

Thanks so much Swalchy. As soon as I read it I remembered it. Here is the passage for those who would like to read it.

Translators are wont to say "Yashuw'ah (יְשׁוּעָה)" is "salvation," calling Yashuw'ah a passive participle of yasha' (יֵשַׁע). They do not explain why yasha', which is already a masculine noun meaning "salvation" needs to be altered with the addition of two additional letters to remain as "salvation." They don't explain the unique coincidence that the additional letters serve to unify Yahuweh's name with the Savior's. If God were to create a compound title that combines His name and His mission, Yahuweh (יהוה) and Salvation (יֵשַׁע), it would be rendered: Yashuw'ah (יְשׁוּעָה). While I transliterate the sound of the Devine name with the English letters "Yahushua" for clarity and simplicity, phonetically, "Yashuw'ah" is identical to Yahushua.

In context, Isaiah 52:10 is destroyed when "Yashuw'ah," the tangible and visible human manifestation of Yahuweh, is replaced by an intangible and invisible concept, "salvation." Everything we have just read tells us that everyone will see Yahushua with their eyes. The startling reality that sobers the Yahudim, causing them to cry out Yahushua's name and sing, "God is One Unity," is the realization that Yashuw'ah is Messiah, Yahuweh manifest in human form.

It bears repeating: "In His day they will know that I Am He who says, 'For behold, look and see, here I Am.' So therefore, this is right, just, honest, verifiable, correct, and true: My family shall know My name. How lovely and appropriately adorned upon the mountains are the feet of the One who brings and embodies restoration and renewal, the One who announces and proclaims good things regarding that which is beneficial and agreeable, who hears, 'Yashuw'ah' and says to Zion, 'Your Elohiym reigns!' Listen, your watchmen lift up their voices and shout for joy, 'Yachdiy'el,' they sing. For in plain sight they will look upon, inspect, and observe with their own eyes Yahuweh's return to Zion with mercy. Burst forth, sober up and shout: 'Yachdiy'el,' desolated Yaruwshalaim. Yahuweh has shown compassion and comforted His repentive and changed family, and He has redeemed and restored Yaruwshalaim. Yahuweh has bared and revealed His Set-Apart sacrificial Lamb in the eyes of all Gentiles. And without exception, all the earth will see Yashuw'ah, Elohiym." (Yasha'yah/Isaiah 52:6-10)

Edit:

To tell you the truth after reading and thinking about it, I am still having problems wrapping my brain around this passage:

"While I transliterate the sound of the Devine name with the English letters "Yahushua" for clarity and simplicity, phonetically, "Yashuw'ah" is identical to Yahushua."

I can understand Yashuw'ah's connection to Yahushua if it is an allusion to Yahushua or Yeshua. But please correct me if I am wrong but Yahushua and Yashuw'ah are not phonetically identical. I acknowledge that Yahushua and Yashuw'ah have the exact same letters in different orders and I understand that throughout Yada in the audio files pronounces Yahushua as Yahshua (as he often does with Yahuweh shortening it to Yahweh, which would indeed be phonetically identical with Yashuw'ah, but the fact still remains that Yahushua is pronounced Yah-oo-shuw-ah ) Please forgive my confusion or ignorance but is Yashuw'ah (יְשׁוּעָה) another name for Messiah or is it a clever allusion to his name such as Yeshayahu 11:1 A shoot (netzer) shall spring forth from the stump of Jesse and then we fast forward to the new covenant where he fulfilled the prophecy that said he would be called a Nazarene. It was a play on words obviously and a lot of people shake their heads and shrug their shoulders because they can't find the reference in the covenant scriptures. Is Yashuw'ah and Yahushua the same?

I am correct in assuming that this is the name of the Messiah aren't I?

יְהוֹשֻׁעַ

...which would be pronounced Yahushua, correct?

Please understand I am not trying to be difficult or stubborn, I am really just a little confused and looking for a little understanding. Anyone who could help me would have my deepest thanks.
Shalom,
Jacob

Edited by user Sunday, November 11, 2007 12:43:07 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline shalom82  
#3 Posted : Sunday, November 11, 2007 10:18:05 AM(UTC)
shalom82

Thanks Swalchy,

yerah reel skalla
Offline Ruchamah  
#4 Posted : Sunday, November 11, 2007 12:03:20 PM(UTC)
Ruchamah

Yeshuati is just the same word with 3ms pronomial suffix = my salvation
If you are going to walk on thin ice, you might as well dance.