logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Stewart James  
#1 Posted : Saturday, November 3, 2018 1:05:42 AM(UTC)
Stewart James
Man
Thailand

Was thanked: 11 time(s) in 10 post(s)
What began for me as a search for the name of Yahowsha in the Roman census, has expanded to a search of all the chronological names given (whether correct names or mis translated) and what is actually shown in any records that can be found today, if they have been preserved.

What intrigues me is the genealogies given in Matthew and Luke following the lines forward from Adam in Luke and from Abraham in Matthew!

How did Matthew and Luke find these genealogies, where were they written down, what historical records existed at that time which they could search and what records are there available today?

I started searching for properly recorded names to back up and verify translations, but this has shifted, not only from finding proof of the existence of a true name, or names through records of the existence in history of Yahowsha, but also now to verify Abraham and King Dowd, since over the course of time some have inferred that Yahowsha, Dowd/David and Abraham never existed. Historical records go a long way towards verification!

So if historical records show names and places they lived, then much of this rubbish can be denied. Though records could easily be altered or changed by those in positions of power after the destruction of Jerusalem, the Scriptures and Hebrew history, there must have been some form of census kept by the Romans or other historical records to create some parts of these genealogies!

Where did Matthew and Luke find their information, from what source did they derive their chronological list of names for the genealogies they provide and are the accurate?

If governments hold such information, it becomes invaluable! Perhaps it now resides and hidden for this time in the Vatican, or is that too cynical?

Surley Matthew and Luke could not have memorised all this information? Therefore it stands to reason it must have been written down and recorded somewhere else, but where is the question I am asking?
When a man who is honestly mistaken hears the truth, he will either quit being mistaken, or cease being honest!
Offline Glfnaz  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, November 7, 2018 1:38:53 PM(UTC)
Glfnaz

Was thanked: 10 time(s) in 8 post(s)
Stewart the genelogies of all Jewish were kept in the Temple. They were famous for this. Once those and the Temple were destroyed in 70 CE, however it became virtually impossible for any Jew to clain their genelogical history. In fact it would be impossible for any Jew after that time to make a claim of being the messiah because he could not prove he qualified by meeting the prophecies of heritage in the Torah. Just so you know, Matthew's writings followed his geneology from The father's side and Luke's account is based upong His mother's side of the family.
thanks 1 user thanked Glfnaz for this useful post.
Stewart James on 11/10/2018(UTC)
Offline Stewart James  
#3 Posted : Saturday, November 10, 2018 12:56:44 AM(UTC)
Stewart James
Man
Thailand

Was thanked: 11 time(s) in 10 post(s)
Thank you Glfnaz, yes I have understood for some time the two genealogies were from both sides. You mention Jewish records being kept in the temple, yes of course that was normal, however I was also referring to a census of rome and what was recorded by the authorities of the time?

Naturally one would assume that if there is to be a cover up of names, or an alteration, then destroying the temple records was essential to completing such a task if indeed that was their intention? I am suspicious of modern historical records and find it hard to trust anything written down, which in some instances I am sure would have been altered at institutional levels to pervert history as we know it! The workings of governments and relgious institutions are at the hands of men who lie and pervert!

Of course the genealogies go way back, so are only partly Jewish, so prior to Yahuwdah, the son of Ya'acob, the records are Hebrew, not entirely Jewish. I am wondering when were the Hebrews first know as Hebrews, surely it was before the time of Abraham? Do you know anything reliable about the history of the Hebrews?
When a man who is honestly mistaken hears the truth, he will either quit being mistaken, or cease being honest!
Offline Glfnaz  
#4 Posted : Wednesday, November 14, 2018 2:48:20 PM(UTC)
Glfnaz

Was thanked: 10 time(s) in 8 post(s)
No sorry I do not. I'm sure someone here might be able to help. back to the geneologies from Matthew and Luke, I assume their writings were prior to 70 CE, and if so, they surely would have used the Temple as a guide in preparing the gemeologies.