logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline gammafighter  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, November 6, 2007 11:12:52 AM(UTC)
gammafighter
Man

Hello ekklesia!

My name is Paul, and I live in (or near) Hilo, Hawaii.
I stumbled upon PoD when I was researching Islamo-Fascism week (I was already suspect of Islam, but Mr. Winn's book blew me away). From there, I found YY. I liked the first Genesis chapter, but a lot of the other books/chapters challenged my perceptions of Christianity. I was directing all my questions directly to Yada, but now that I have found the forum, I won't have to! I'm sure he doesn't mind answering my emails, but I also know he's a busy guy.

So here's my intro. I'm 19 years old now, currently attending community college through online courses. I recently moved to Hawaii, from Chicago. Hawaii has funny rules about college, so that is why i've had to take online courses this year. Next year I will (probably) go to the University of Hawaii until I graduate. While we're on the subject, I'm interested in accounting and social work. I like the problem solving aspect of accounting, but Yahweh has placed great compassion on my heart for victims of child prostitution. I am 95% certain that I want to end up in a third world country helping to rehabilitate these victims. I'm really uncertain of when and where though.

I was born and raised Presbyterian. As early as grade school, I felt an unusual desire to live a life that honored Yahweh, but I had no idea what that meant. Through high school and junior high, I went through periods of doubt. Sometimes, my faith even failed but Yahweh never failed me. He always cast out my doubts and called me back. Still, I always felt like something wasn't right. I wanted to really know (yada???) Yahweh, but I felt like I didn't. In mid-late high school, Yahweh destroyed everything I had as my foundation. My friends and girlfriend all but abandoned me, my hobbies no longer seemed fun, and my legalism was broken. I believe that this was all preparing me to receive a truer message from Him. My landlord started fellowshipping with me using books from an anti-denominational Christian group that was focussed on practical experience of God in daily life. They still miss the mark on a lot of things, but that experience made me understand the importance of relationship with Yahweh. Again, I think it prepared me for the next message which came in the form of YY. I could go into more detail, but I don't think it's necessary. This is just a vague overview of how I can identify each stage of spiritual growth in my life and how it prepared me for the next stage as well as how they all prepared me for the last (which might be a full understanding of that which is outlined in YY).

My family and I moved to Hawaii this past July. The church we attend is composed of wonderful friends. While it is a mostly mainstream church, it's very young and non-denominational, stressing that Jesus (sic) condemns religion and wants relationship. I've decided to keep attending there on Sundays, in addition to a personal observance of the true Sabbath (at least until I can organize some people for Sabbath fellowship) because of my love for the people there and because there is a lot of truth buried in the pagan garbage at this particular church. Also, I'll talk to the pastor about Sabbath services. He is young, open to suggestions, and dedicated to truth. I would ask for your prayers with the congregation there and with my family. I talked to my dad about the Sabbath and meaning of "Lord" and how I didn't know Yahshua's real name until recently, but he just joked about it. He sent me an article arguing for Sunday worship, but has joked with me about how ridiculous he thinks Saturday Sabbath observance is.

So sorry for the length; I tend to ramble online. It's nice to meet everyone and I look forward to discussing YY etc. with you all.

-Paul
Offline Icy  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, November 6, 2007 12:14:31 PM(UTC)
Icy
Man

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Its good to have you here, Paul.
Offline Theophilus  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, November 6, 2007 2:56:30 PM(UTC)
Theophilus
Man

I understand long posts. Given what you've had to say I think it was needed and thank you for sharing. It is amazing how events have conspired to bring you to where you are and are going. It is wonderful to know that we're not alone. Welcome to the forum.
Offline James  
#4 Posted : Wednesday, November 7, 2007 6:00:20 AM(UTC)
James
Man

Was thanked: 216 time(s) in 149 post(s)
Yes Welcome Paul, I'm new here as well and have found the fourm a great way to learn and discuss, and fellowship. Long post are a mainstay of the fourm, so no need for apologies. Thanks for sharing your story.
Don't take my word for it, Look it up.

“The truth is not for all men but only for those who seek it.” ― Ayn Rand
Offline Robskiwarrior  
#5 Posted : Wednesday, November 7, 2007 12:49:45 PM(UTC)
Robskiwarrior
Man

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
welcome Paul :)
Signature Updated! Woo that was old...
Offline Joseph  
#6 Posted : Wednesday, November 7, 2007 7:55:16 PM(UTC)
Joseph
Man

welcome. Paul. I'll be praying for you. It would be tremendous if you could pull off a Sabbath observance in a Christian Church. Maybe it would start a trend!
Offline coleridge  
#7 Posted : Tuesday, December 4, 2007 9:19:28 PM(UTC)
coleridge

my good man... i noticed this thread and thought that i would say hello. first and foremost... the body needs and appreciates you. it does my heart good to hear about young men and women committing themselves to Yahweh. i applaud that from the bottom of my heart. secondly, i know you've heard this before, but your story echoes most of ours. we are all just people who somehow knew that there had to be more to this "god" thing. YY has been very instrumental in my life, but i could tell you a million stories about my progession from a normal old pastor's son to the man i am today. Yahweh has been good to me. i thank him for that. i just want to encourage you to continue in your studies, and continue in your sharing with others. they probably won't get it at first, but share anyway. hold fast to what you have.... i am sure i speak for the entire family of this forum when i say " we love you " and we are here to support you in anyway possible.
let YHWH be true, and every man a liar