logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline jade  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, June 20, 2018 1:25:31 PM(UTC)
jade
Canada

Hey all,

So I know that we all tend to pronounce them Yahowah or Yahowsha .. Which actually differs from how you would pronounce a bunch of the other prophets sames and so on..

I saw this video that makes the case for the spelling/pronunciation in the title, Yahuah and Yahusha ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pWof1ATS7N4 )

Yahuah is still kind of propnounced the same but Yahowsha would be a bit different.. The one problem I run into with this spelling is then how would we pronounce the word Tow'rah, and a few others? Anyone wanna clear this up for me real quick? I'm not a Hebrew ninja like some of you are.

Edited by user Friday, June 22, 2018 7:37:18 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline InHisName  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, June 26, 2018 3:39:14 PM(UTC)
InHisName

Was thanked: 71 time(s) in 46 post(s)
Hi Jade,

The answer to this is no one knows for sure. Every answer is speculation. The Hebrew language virtually died and when it was revived it had obviously changed. We will not know the answer with certainity until Yah restores the language. Until then you should decide what you think makes the most sense and go with that, or choose to be flexible based on who you are talking with. I personally don't care as long as it is Y not J and Yah not Ye. Spelling is irrelevant, we are transliterating a word from one language to another. The object is to make it sound the same, so as long as it phonetically is the same what letters you use is not important. I spellHis Namee YaHoWaH to better represent the hebrew letters. Yaoa is phonetically confusing but not wrong. [I can not give much credence to the video. It says a lot of things without proof, wants to prove original Hebrew pronunciation via secondary languages, and changes it's rules on the same page. Yod sounds like Y, then = Ya; Hey sounds like English H, then = aH. Not very convincing.]

I choose to use Yahowah and Yahowsha based on Yada's research; Wah is far more commonly pronunced O rather that U. And the most common words seem to use O, as in shalowm. Or, there may not be one pronunciation for wah, like English there may be exceptions to the rules.

Knowing and using Yah's Name is big stuff, but given the circumstances I think perfect pronunciation is little stuff. "Don't sweat the little stuff".

Allen

Also, perhaps it is the prophets names that we are mispronouncing?
Offline Stewart James  
#3 Posted : Saturday, June 30, 2018 1:17:42 AM(UTC)
Stewart James
Man
Thailand

Was thanked: 11 time(s) in 10 post(s)
Yes Jade, I understand you and I have been through the same or similar questions as you!

My personal answer to myself is to be somewhat open. Just as "In His Name" suggests, I see Yah, not Yeh or Jeh! We can get clues from other names some 260 of them plus Hebrew words and pronunciations!

Yah is for certain in my own mind, so I do tend to call on Yah, Yahowah makes perfect sense when making the H silent as in Yaaowaah.

So as I have read, Yahowah is Light, just as Owr is light in Hebrew, I know this for sure, so I am happy with the Owr sound and the ending as in aah Yah Ow aah - Yahowah. This is the best I can do personally and I remain open minded to be corrected by Yah Himself! Take your lead from the Hebrew sounds I think would not lead you astray!

The frustration is that so many think Yah's name is not important, when clearly it is! If you don't know His name, you don't know Yah, because you are not family. We are all (who are) trying to understand His name part way there and we have to look to the 260 names of Yah's people who's names have been altered by men for further clues. We can get very close and perhaps some are correct, but the very fact we try is a good thing! At the very least, don't use "lord" or Jesus Christ" we know this is all messed up and wrong!

As time passes and we all learn more we can get closer and closer and that is the whole objective! Get closer to Yah, it's very personal!
When a man who is honestly mistaken hears the truth, he will either quit being mistaken, or cease being honest!