logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Heretic Steve  
#1 Posted : Friday, November 2, 2007 8:55:37 AM(UTC)
Heretic Steve

This is an excerpt from book five, chap 5 of YY.

"So then Yahushua returned to Jerusalem, "the heart and center of the land" on Thursday for Passover dinner. He stayed in town (courtesy of Caiphas' dungeon accommodations) so that He could attend His own crucifixion on Friday, which was still Passover. The body of the Messiah spent the Sabbath of Unleavened Bread, which began at sundown and continued through Saturday, in the tomb of Joseph of Arimathea. Roman guards were positioned just to make sure He remained in town. Sometime after sunset on Saturday, April 2nd, and before sunrise on Sunday the 3rd, Yahushua rose from the dead. But His body did not leave Jerusalem until later that morning, going to heaven and then to a "village called Emmaus, which was sixty stadion [seven and a half miles] separated from (apo) Jerusalem." There is a reason we were given this otherwise irrelevant information by Mark and Luke."

"The bottom line is: Yahushua gave a sign that the religious and political leaders of Jerusalem "could see, personally witness and experience." "The Son of Man was three days and three nights in the heart (kardia - center of circulation and life) of the land (ge)." His promise was fulfilled uninterrupted for their viewing pleasure beginning on Thursday afternoon and ending late Sunday morning. That's three full days and three full nights."

I'm missing something here. Notice..."beginning on Thursday afternoon and ending late Sunday morning." Lets say Yahshua arrived at Jerusalem at 4 pm Thur, (for purposes of discussion). From 4 pm Thur thru 4 pm Fri is one full day and night. From 4 pm Fri thru 4 pm Sat is two full days and nights. From 4 pm Sat thru 4 pm Sun is three full days and nights, however He left Jerusalem late Sunday morning. So, how does one come up with three full days?

If not us, who? If not now, when?
Offline Icy  
#2 Posted : Friday, November 2, 2007 9:22:25 AM(UTC)
Icy
Man

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 2 post(s)
I assume this
Quote:
"The Son of Man was three days and three nights in the heart (kardia - center of circulation and life) of the land (ge)."
is a scriptural quote. This does not say "three full days and three full nights". It just says three days and three nights, which is true. I think Yada just mistyped, although, even so, it is still close to thee full days.
Offline kp  
#3 Posted : Saturday, November 3, 2007 10:11:08 AM(UTC)
kp

Our clearest look at the chronology of the passion week is in the book of Mark. Here are the milestones: (1) "Palm Monday," the 10th of Nisan was marked by the triumphal entry, so Monday begins at Mark 11:1. Tuesday the 11th began in 11:12... "Now the next day..." (3) Wednesday the 12th of Nisan begins in 11:20... "Now in the morning...." From this point on, we have no further record of Yahshua departing from Jerusalem (a.k.a. the heart of the land). The Sermon on the Mount (Mark 13) was apparently delivered on Wednesday, for we see Yahshua teaching in the temple (11:27, 12:35), then leaving the temple (13:1)(although it could have been Thursday if we can imply a second day of teaching implied in 12:35). Then, in Mark 14:1, we read, "After two days it was the Passover and the Feast of Unleavened Bread..." Two days after when? The last reported entry into Jerusalem, Wednesday, Nisan 12. Two days later was indeed Nisan 14, Friday, Passover (a.k.a. the Day of Preparation), the day the Lamb would be slain.

So Yahshua was "in the heart of the Land" from sometime Wednesday morning until sometime after the Sabbath had ended on Saturday at sundown. At least three days and three nights. And Yada is right: Yahshua's body, though risen, did not leave Jerusalem until after His encounter with Mary, when He said "Do not cling to me..." sometime after daybreak on Sunday morning.

kp
Offline Heretic Steve  
#4 Posted : Saturday, November 3, 2007 11:04:02 AM(UTC)
Heretic Steve

Thanks for the replies, Icy and Ken. Actually I'd considered Yashua's entry in Jerusalem as being inclusive in the three day and night timeline. However, I was under, (apparently mistaken), notion that 72 consecutive hrs. was the implication. I also thought He was staying with Simon the leper until Thur pm.

As an aside, I find His staying with Simon the leper, (to avoid premature arrest), somewhat revealing for two reasons. First, it was most unlikely the Pharisees would have looked there for fear of contracting the disease and it's probable their oral tradition forbid them from doing so.
Secondly, as Chuck Colson once mentioned, (in his book "Against the Night", if I remember correctly), that Yahweh likes to use the "small battalions" to further His will. "Small battalions" meaning the "least of these", so to speak. The downtrodden, nondescript fringes of society. Of course a leper fits this description to a tee.
If not us, who? If not now, when?