logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Heretic Steve  
#1 Posted : Thursday, October 25, 2007 10:09:10 AM(UTC)
Heretic Steve

I listened to this guy on Coast to Coast a few nights ago. I'd never heard of him, yet he apparently is somewhat of a celeb figure having made numerous tv appearances, 20 books, (I think), and widely traveled, (worldwide). Larson had a number of exorcisim sound bites, those being recordings of exorcisms he had performed. Many of the victims displayed the garden variety monster voice, (very deep, gutteral/synthesized sounding), as Larson carried on conversations with the demons. Larson asked the demons/victims questions such as, "what's your name?", "by whose authority do you possess?", etc. Larson actually carries on a running conversation/interogation with these demons and to be perfectly frank, I wonder if he isn't possessed himself, (check out his pic at his website). He kinda sounds like it during these conversations. He reminded me of a cynical/sarcastic Gestapo agent interogating a suspected spy.
I'm certainly no expert, but I compare his exorcisms with those who "cast out demons" in scrip. Larson has to make many repeat exorcisms, converses with the demons, uses "props" such as a bible, (catholic exorcists use "holy" water, crosses, sacred clothe, etc. and one used a gurney to tie down the more violent possessee's.) Larson is also routinely attacked and needs to have several large bodyguards with him during his exorcisms as he attempts to "return" the demons back to "hell". According to him, these bodyguards are frequently inadequate to restrain even very small petite people who are possessed.
Lets compare this with the scriptural accounts of Yahshua casting out demons.......... Well, there you have it. There is no comparison as Yahshua commanded and the demons booked. Apparently same with the apostles.
So, is Larson actually casting out demons, or merely relocating them for a spell? Is he a real man of God, or a carney barker?
If not us, who? If not now, when?
Offline James  
#2 Posted : Thursday, October 25, 2007 10:48:48 AM(UTC)
James
Man

Was thanked: 216 time(s) in 149 post(s)
Personaly I have always found Larson to be good for a laugh. I have a book he wrote on Satanism and the seduction of americas youth. I read when I need to laugh, this guy tries to make it sound like anything from music writen in the 1900's to Care Bears is satanic and anti christian. This guy is a tel-evangilist on steriods.
Don't take my word for it, Look it up.

“The truth is not for all men but only for those who seek it.” ― Ayn Rand
Offline Robskiwarrior  
#3 Posted : Thursday, October 25, 2007 11:00:13 AM(UTC)
Robskiwarrior
Man

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
James wrote:
this guy tries to make it sound like anything from music writen in the 1900's to Care Bears is satanic and anti christian.

I have to disagree, the Care Bears ARE satanic! lol - ok only joking... well maybe :P

ANYWAY - on a more serious note - yes I would be concerned too, lets face facts, if, when, or how anyone has to "cast out" a demon then you don't need to have a convo with it, I think its good to discern what it is, but it sounds like hes almost trying to council the demon out... seems very strange indeed. I love the way hes sending them back to hell too... thats SOOO theologically sound!!! (yes sarcasm reigns in the UK ;))

On another note - we have to remember - everyone and anyone can speak to demons... and if it suits the demons purpose it will answer. If there is one thing the adversary can control its whether you let him in or not... so if I was him, and I wanted to confuse the whole is Christianity real debate, I would give them the best show ever. Steve is right, Yahushua just had to speak to it, telling it where to go...

If someone has to howl or shout at someone to get them delivered or healed, I have my doubts tbh... since when does our shouting "scare" off demons, or other such things. Its not us, its Him...
Signature Updated! Woo that was old...
Offline shohn  
#4 Posted : Thursday, October 25, 2007 12:18:37 PM(UTC)
shohn

Wow. I think I see a new light on that passage talking about there will be those who cast out demons in my name, etc. but will be not allowed entry, told to go away, etc.

I never thought about it this way before, but it could very well be inclusive of folks doing this for show - hey "look at me I'm casting demons out again".

That one used to make me wonder... gee whiz strong enough in the ol' faith to toss out demons, but still getting cast out - what does it take to get into the kingdom, after all, I've never even seen a demon possession and can barely spell it.

--
Shohn of Texas
Offline Light1  
#5 Posted : Friday, October 26, 2007 2:35:55 AM(UTC)
Light1
Man

Quote:
lets face facts, if, when, or how anyone has to "cast out" a demon then you don't need to have a convo with it, I think its good to discern what it is, but it sounds like hes almost trying to council the demon out... seems very strange indeed.
True, check this vid out by Bill Schnoebelen http://video.google.com/...ype=search&plindex=0
while you may not agree with everything he says, he makes an excellent point when he says don't have the demons speak because that's forcing the person to act as a medium which is against the Scriptures-just kick them out! Speaking of exorcism, you might have a look the 'trance possessive' vid on Chris Ward's site here http://www.logoschristia...rancestate/dtsmaster.wmv
It's spooky!
Offline Robskiwarrior  
#6 Posted : Friday, October 26, 2007 7:11:25 AM(UTC)
Robskiwarrior
Man

these people have no authority... what kind of authority do you have if you have to fight and shout at something to beat it? If you are working with Yahweh in the Name of Yahushua the demon does not play around... He just does one... there is an account in scripture of a demon not listening to someone trying to cast him out and he says I don't know who you are. If these guys are possessed then that is a demon playing the game with them... otherwise he would be "outta there" But to be honest its the same with healing.

It just irritates me that these people have to pretend almost like its them, their strength or their faith that is making the magic happen... I dunno. *sigh*
Offline Light1  
#7 Posted : Friday, October 26, 2007 8:25:19 AM(UTC)
Light1
Man

Quote:
As for struggles involving casting demons out, even Yahsua's own disciples had trouble at times and He said some kind come out only with fasting and prayer involved-so some demons are tougher than others
Ow not seen that? where is it?

Quote:
So even real followers of Yashua have to struggle at times to get the job done. I do think Larson is a clown, but that doesn't mean that any of us could just walk in and blow demons away without a struggle.

Well the problem is if I walked in there and tried to blow them away without a struggle, that would be impossible... and I would completely agree with you... but I would not walk in the leaning on my own authority, I would be relying on the the other guy who hopefully, in our relationship of oneness partnership and trust, would walk in with me :)

Edited by user Sunday, October 28, 2007 12:30:27 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline shalom82  
#8 Posted : Friday, October 26, 2007 8:49:30 AM(UTC)
shalom82

a little off topic, but I just want to say something

Perhaps one of the things that is contributing to the great apostacy and falling away is the feminization of the church. I think the Christ figure has always been feminine and you can see that from the iconography of the RCC. The protestents opted out of that and for a time had at least a little bit of a manlier Elohim, but many of the churches are becoming more liberal and once again the church has become a place for pansies. Men have never liked going to church and I would say one of the bigger reasons why is the church has tried to play to an irrational, emotional, feminine mindset. Now listen before you jump the gun, I am not speaking of women, I am talking of a larger mindset. We have ofcourse talked openly that women are more likely to be emotional and perhaps less likely to be rational than men. Anybody who is honest will note there is some truth to that. Men don't really enjoy sitting through displays that grate against their inner core of being. I am not talking about fleshiness but something more of the essence we were given by our creator. Men go to church and get the fluff, and the audio recorded soft jam classics sung by crying Nancy boys in nasally voices,and surprise surprise, they don't like it and they can't relate to it. And then we are criticized because we can't get it. Yahushua sat on boulders teaching rationally to his talmidim and taking questions and criticisms and dealing with them in stride and with force. This is a dialogue that did not take place.
Yahushua: That's a really good question Kepha, let me try to answer it with a tearful song...go ahead roll the tape Yahuchanan.
Kepha to Yahuda: OH, I love his voice, it's so nasally and whiny
Yahuda to Kepha: I really don't, infact when he sings it just makes me want to betray him

Anyway, let me get to my point. Yahushua was rational if nothing else, and of course we know he was everything...that matters anyway. And this Messiah...he was a man....I mean a man. He was a gruff Galilean, who was trained to be a craftsman. He was feisty, smart, and contrarian. And speaking about his exorcisms they were rough and tumble. There was no messing around. Speaking to Yahushua's rational side, he knew messing around and psychoanalysising a demon was pointless. In Yahushua, his rationality set in motion his emotion....not the other way around. Let me now paraphrase one of his exorcisms....
Demon: Oh NO!!!, it's Yahushua!
Yahushua: Shutup and get out....
Demon: But..But...But...
Yahushua: Today not tomorrow...
Demon:ok, can I go into those pigs?
Yahushua: Fine, Whatever, but all the same....Shutup and get out.

No messing around, That's the kind of messiah I have, not some pale pasty mournful wistful waiffer who belongs in a CK advert.

Shalom
YHWH's ordinances are true, and righteous altogether.
Offline Robskiwarrior  
#9 Posted : Friday, October 26, 2007 8:58:45 AM(UTC)
Robskiwarrior
Man

shalom82 wrote:

No messing around, That's the kind of messiah I have, not some pale pasty mournful wistful waiffer who belongs in a CK advert.

Shalom

Please also note the lack of oil, water, and water squirt bottle of holiness... I see what you are getting at shalom, and I would have to agree :)
Offline Icy  
#10 Posted : Friday, October 26, 2007 9:52:45 AM(UTC)
Icy
Man

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Shalom, I would like to add my agreement as well. I don't think I ever really thought about how the church has done that, but you are most certainly right.
Offline James  
#11 Posted : Monday, October 29, 2007 6:13:04 AM(UTC)
James
Man

Thanks for summing up my thought so well Shalom. I'll have to remember that next time I'm explaing why I don't like going to church to my family. I'll make sure I credit you.

Offline James  
#12 Posted : Monday, October 29, 2007 6:14:52 AM(UTC)
James
Man

In the book Think a Second Time Denis Prager writes an essay on why it is neccessary to keep the image of God as a male and not a female. It's pretty intresting.