logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Ammi  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, October 23, 2007 2:51:03 PM(UTC)
Ammi

I found this site/forum after a Google search on "yhwh hayah". It all started with some digging after reading a short exposition on "righteousness" as revealed in 1 John. I was enjoying how we have the objective righteousness (Christ) as our covering (the best robe in Luke 15) which entitles us to partake of Christ (the fattened calf) who is the righteousness of God (1 Cor 1:30, Phil 3:9, etc.) and when lived out of us becomes the expression/image/manifestation of God who is righteousness (fine linen in Rev 19:8) and thus we establish or re-establish or manifest or become the kingdom of God (Psalm 89:14). So I was enjoying how there seems to be this cycle in which we grow or rather this ruling principle, this very God grows in us, or rather we enter into or become this realm or rather just BELIEVE it because it already IS or.....augh, well, anyway, eventually our whole spirit/soul/heart/mind/being/believing is one with Him and the only thing that remains of the "old creation" is the veil of the flesh and at that point Christ essentially HAS "come back" (perhaps only at the point at which we "all arrive" Eph 4:13) and then there is His outward appearing and we all "unzip our flesh suits" and toss them (and their master) into the lake of fire and then....who knows? All I know is how I LOVE HIM! And I marveled and rejoiced in how He has set up the whole thing that man could take no glory - only He gets the glory. Hallelujah - no back door for Lucifer! This got me wondering about the word "glory" and then I was in Vine's and Strong's and from glory began to consider His name "To Be" or "Is" or as in this site "Was,Is,Will Be". I have always loved to consider that God is a Verb. Then Vine's on hayah took me to Hosea 1:9-2:14 and "speak to the heart" took me to Isaiah 40-43:13, which brought me to "I am He" which brought me back again to considering His "Name": YHWH and what does this mean? And along the way I just wondered and marveled and loved Him and rejoiced to know Him and asked to know Him more.... I was deeply moved (that sounds so trite, there are no words...) by His sweet long suffering and faithfulness in Hosea. Hence, I chose Ammi as a "screen-name". We ARE His people - what a joy! Eventually I got to the PC and did the search and found YY and skimmed through some of the online books - WOW! I am very excited about the level of thought in these books and this forum - to KNOW HIM!!! For today, however, I have exhausted my capacity and will have to come back another time to read more and enter into the fellowship. Meanwhile, greetings saints! I look forward to finding Him in you and you in Him!
Would someone please suggest the best place for me to begin reading? There is a LOT available on the site.... I guess my main interest is that I have always felt that there is some huge significance to the "Name" or in that He doesn't really have a "name" or I just don't know - that's the real point. :|
I became a believer in Christ about 14 years ago, after six years of seeking and much dabbling, especially in the "new age movement" (it's actually pretty OLD age, but some old new-agers have their heads in the sand as much as religionists I think) :). Anyway, early on I was told about the power of the Name of Christ and experienced it, but still being interested in vibrations and frequencies and realities and the like, I was curious as to how "Jesus", being an anglicized version of the Greek version of the Hebrew, etc. could bring in the same vibrational frequency as His actual name pronounced as it actually was in the original tongue. There are so many scriptural references to "calling upon His name". So what do we call? Most NT believers, I think, would say, "Jesus". I don't have much firsthand experience with Christianity, so I'm not sure. My understanding is that this is a point of contention between factions and that, for example, one big doctrinal "error" of the Jehovah's Witnesses is that they deny the deity of Christ - that Jesus is/was God. Well, anyway, that's all some of the stuff I hope to learn more about here, but I'm less concerned with being "right" or getting the correct "frequency" now - seems that He desires mercy and not sacrifice and it is the intent of the Heart that He searches more than the outward stuff. And I do love a healthy debate, but am mainly seeking to know this One whom I know. Does that make sense? And I heard somewhere that it was forbidden to speak (audibly) the name YHWH - from whence came that? I don't recall. So I am here, open to be educated and excited to find another dimension of the multifarious multidimensional: ONE. :) And after all that....what do you suggest that I read first?
Offline Robskiwarrior  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, October 24, 2007 7:36:58 AM(UTC)
Robskiwarrior
Man

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Welcome Ammi!!

and basiclly what swalchy said :D

Hope you enjoy your stay :)
Signature Updated! Woo that was old...
Offline Theophilus  
#3 Posted : Thursday, October 25, 2007 5:29:19 AM(UTC)
Theophilus
Man

Hello and welcome to the forum Ammi. As to your question, I agree with Swahcy. The Re'Shith chapter on it's own provides a good if overwhealming overview of what a reader in in store for when considering the work overall, including those aspects the author anticipates most controversial. Hopefully readers will be sufficiently interested to continue to assess the case laid out in detail in the pages that follow. Given your forcus the Salvation and Good News sections go into great length on the old covenant messianic prophecies and their fullfillment.

I sometimes refer new readers to topics in Future History for yet future prophecies. Many themes recur in YY, and I find in particular the three doors chapter in FH well address this topic described in several places YY.

If you're like me, it may take time to consider and digest so many revelations within the Scriptures, but hope that you'll choose to journey with us and make an informed decisions.
Offline kp  
#4 Posted : Thursday, October 25, 2007 6:08:00 AM(UTC)
kp

Welcome to the forum, Ammi. May Yahweh's Spirit guide you in your quest for the truth. You'll find YY a real eye-opener, a good place to get solidly grounded before you branch out. The other free books that are linked to YY will provide insight in more focused areas. Prophet of Doom slams the door shut on all the politically correct drivel we hear these days about Islam's validity as a world religion. Future History is a complete survey of every yet-to-be fulfilled prophecy in the entire Bible, and there are some big surprises in there, especially concerning the revealed timing. And The Owner's Manual explores the other most widely misunderstood subject in God's word: the Law of Moses. Yada and I have also written a couple of novels (well, one's a factual account that just reads like a novel). So basically, your reading list is now about 6,000 pages long :-)

kp
Offline Icy  
#5 Posted : Thursday, October 25, 2007 7:37:52 AM(UTC)
Icy
Man

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 2 post(s)
And a wonderful 6000 pages of reading it is, just waiting for the next 6000.

Welcome to the forum Ammi.
Offline Harvester  
#6 Posted : Thursday, November 15, 2007 10:58:51 AM(UTC)
Harvester

How did I get here...Yahweh brought me here. It is as simple as that. All that I know and all that I am is Yahweh. There is no other explanation. How does one go from being a pagan one day and in less than 12 hours later be born anew? All I asked was to know the TRUTH. Little did I know that simple question would send me on a the most amazing journey I have experienced to date!

"A little here and little there" can you imagine what kinds of basket cases we all would be if He told us everything at once! LOL!!! My journey started 10 years ago, although as I look back it really started in my mother's womb. i just recognized the road I was on 10 years ago. My eyes were opened and the scales removed. I don't want to take up too much of your time with my story, but i will share just one of my many visions and dreams I've had over the years.

Here is a vision...

I am walking down a road, there are two to three people ahead of me on the same road. To my left there is another road. On this road there are millions of people walking and talking together. I wonder why am I on this road with only two or three people, I should be on the road to my left with everyone else. I start to get onto the road on my left and voice says "NO!". I stop look around see no one, and start again to go to the road on the left. Again the voice says "NO!" Then it adds "Take this road" and I look to my right and I see a road that I hadn't notice before. This road (if you want to call it that!) is filled with bushes that have thorns on them and I can clearly see that there really isn't a path.

I would have to make a path and in making a path my legs would be scratched. So I say to myself...I don't think so, and again start to go to the road to my left. The voice again says "NO!" I could clearly tell that the voice was not playing, so I had better listen or it was clear there was going to be trouble...I am not one for trouble so I listened.

I started to whine and complain to the voice-as I walked towards the road the voice told me to take- but no one else is taking this road, why do I have to be the only one?! I don't even see anyone else's footprints here! Look the branches are scratching my legs!!!! No one else is on this road, no one else ever took this road! Why do I have to, its not fair?! Suddenly I see a pair of footprints on the road in front of me and I start to follow them, okay so I guess someone else is on this road...my journey begins and my vision ends.

Dreaming in color,
Harvester
Offline Heretic Steve  
#7 Posted : Thursday, November 15, 2007 11:54:31 AM(UTC)
Heretic Steve

Greetings Ammi, I think Swalchy conveyed good advice as to the order YY could be read. With all the books available at YY, you'll have plenty of good study/reading during the long, cold winter evenings ahead.
Oh btw, please not to be put off by my name. As you study YY, you'll understand the rational behind my name selection. A heretic by definition is one in opposition to "church" doctrine/dogma. As much, (if not most), 'truth' as perceived by the truth is in fact not the truth, and since dogma is opinion which is even less apt to be the truth, I am in fact a heretic. Hahahahaha......
Good to have you here.
HS
If not us, who? If not now, when?
Offline kp  
#8 Posted : Thursday, November 15, 2007 2:19:47 PM(UTC)
kp

Welcome to the forum, Harvester. Your vision about the road was so enlightening. It reminded me of something toward the end of the Armageddon chapter of Future History, something quite similar...

Quote:
There’s only one road to God. It’s straight, and it’s narrow—and Christians who’ve been on it for a while know that it can be littered with potholes. (They can usually be avoided, but you have to say alert and observe Yahweh’s posted speed limits.) When we describe this road to people not traveling on it, we sometimes frighten or confuse them, for it’s easy to lose sight of the destination if you’re worried about the journey. Everyone wants to get to God, of course (even if it’s a god of their own imagination), but these folks either haven’t asked for directions or they’ve accepted bad advice. They have all mistakenly assumed that the road they’re on leads to the same place or someplace just as good.

While the road to God is narrow, it’s also very, very long, and it has lots of onramps—right up to the very end. Yahweh designed it that way, because He wants everyone to have every opportunity to get onto the right road—to get to Him. The road to God is clearly marked, but each driver has to choose to go there—to leave the fast, smooth highway he’s on. And that can be hard, because we were all born on that highway. We’re used to it. Truth is, we like it.

Complicating matters is that both roads are toll-roads. The difference is that on the world’s highway, you pay the toll when you get off, and the cost is kind of steep: death. God’s road is no less expensive—in fact, it’s much more so—but the toll must be paid before you get on. The toll on God’s road is holiness, righteousness, sinlessness—perfection. However, since nobody’s perfect, He Himself provides the required toll to everyone who wants to come to Him, because that’s what He wants. And what does perfection cost? The blood of His Messiah, the most precious substance known to man. The price is paid: all we have to do is accept it.

And what do “good works” have to do with it? Nothing at all. You can’t pay the toll with your good works, for the simple reason that good works (as far as God is concerned) don’t exist until we accept Yahweh’s gift, pass through the turnstile, and begin our travels on His road. Only then do our works count for something, but by that time, our eternal destination is already determined.

That’s the choice then: get on the narrow road that leads to God, or stay on the broad highway that leads somewhere else. It’s black and white, yes or no. There is no middle ground.

Have a wonderful journey.

kp
Offline CK  
#9 Posted : Monday, November 19, 2007 1:34:47 PM(UTC)
CK

Harvester,

Love your dream/vision! Am a 'dreamer' upon occassion myself. Quite thought provoking aren't they? In one of my dreams I was given a clarion voice that made people listen to the Word. In another I was following a false 'Jesus', and when I was given discernment to realize this, the false 'Jesus' showed his true colors. I have had cleansing dreams, warning dreams, fearfilled dreams, and dreams so real that upon awakening, I couldn't figure out where I was. Too numerous and too detailed to go in to here. Nevertheless, thank you for sharing. Hope you enjoy getting to Yada Yahuweh! CK
Offline Juski  
#10 Posted : Tuesday, November 20, 2007 8:26:09 AM(UTC)
Juski

Hi Harvester,

Thanks for sharing your dream dude - it's fantastic.

I was trying to explain the other week to a friend who thinks we're a bit loopy that Yahweh requires us to walk the narrow path, and you're right, the path is hard going and you do get so scratched along the way but do you know what I've discovered - the view is amazing! For all who struggle along the way, the rewards are amazing and I would not swap the view from this path for anything else. :)