logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Icy  
#1 Posted : Monday, October 22, 2007 7:58:11 AM(UTC)
Icy
Man

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Below is an email exchange between myself and kp. I was rereading FH Chapter 29: The Three Doors (this is where the stated quote comes from):

----- Original Message -----
To: kp
Sent: Monday, October 22, 2007 10:48 AM

I am rereading the chapter before I send it, and this paragraph struck me:

Quote:
That explained their actions: the son advances the agenda of his father, whether good or evil. Yahweh’s agenda can be boiled down to one word: love. Satan’s agenda, on the other hand, is our submission—the exercise of power and dominion over one’s fellow creatures. It’s a fascinating phenomenon, really. Yahweh, being the self-existent Creator, is the only One to whom power naturally belongs. He therefore doesn’t consider it a thing to be grasped at or coveted—it’s just a normal component of His existence. Rather, He wants the only thing ultimate power can’t bring Him: the reciprocation of His love for His creatures—us. We were created for no other purpose. That’s why He has gone to such extraordinary lengths to invite us to participate in His love.

It is not anything new to me, but to see it written again sort of brings it into focus, I was created simply to reciprocate the love of my Creator. That sorts of just hits you in the face with how awesome it is. Normally, we might simply think of how much different we are from Yahuweh: He is perfect, eternal, etc. while we are mortal, imperfect, and prone to sin. So, with that in mind, it can be difficult to see how he could love us, or to even see our saved selves communing with him. I guess when most people think of being “in heaven” they just think of spending time with family and friends and “streets of gold” as it were. But, as you so eloquently stated, Yahuweh wants the one thing power can’t bring him, a reciprocal love from us. To think, our perfect all-powerful creator actually needs something from me. . . I can give him something. . . and that is awesome!

Icy

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Monday, October 22, 2007 11:43 AM
To: Icy

Awesome indeed. It's what keeps me sitting here pounding away at a keyboard all day. I mean, what can you say about a God so purpose driven, He created space, time, matter, energy, and life itself for no other reason than to provide a matrix in which mortal man could exercise the choice of whether to reciprocate God's love or not. The very "inefficiency" of the whole thing is some indication of how much Yahweh values our relationship. It's like a miner who is willing to process a trillion tons of ore to extract one gram of precious metal. That's how "precious" we are to Yahweh.

kp

Edited by user Monday, October 22, 2007 9:31:59 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline Theophilus  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, October 23, 2007 3:14:20 AM(UTC)
Theophilus
Man

I just wanted to say thanks for sharing your exchange Icy.

I remember some years ago asking a christian mentor the question what is our purpose, why did our Creator make us as we are?

The answer I recieved was that we were made to glorify God.

This answer did not seem consistant with the message of Messiah that the greatest commandment(s) and by extension our purpose was to love. To love our Maker and to radiate that love to each other.

The passage that reminds me of the glorification answer was what Yada wrote in YY about a school of minnows swimming beside a great fish and gushing about how much bigger and more able the big guy was/is. Thanks and apprection for who He is valuable and insightful in recognizing and getting to relationally know Him, but love being the central purpose.
Offline Icy  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, October 23, 2007 5:05:13 AM(UTC)
Icy
Man

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 2 post(s)
You are welcome, Theo. I was just reading that passage and I was hit with that realization. It was something I knew, but it just came back into perspective for me.

I never liked the idea that we were to "glorify God". That just seemed like a narcisistic god that would create people just to glorify and praise him. It seemed a bit pointless. But, a god that would create us to love him, now that makes sense. That is the god of scripture, Yahuweh.
Offline Theophilus  
#4 Posted : Tuesday, October 23, 2007 8:00:25 AM(UTC)
Theophilus
Man

Icy wrote:
You are welcome, Theo. I was just reading that passage and I was hit with that realization. It was something I knew, but it just came back into perspective for me.

I never liked the idea that we were to "glorify God". That just seemed like a narcisistic god that would create people just to glorify and praise him. It seemed a bit pointless. But, a god that would create us to love him, now that makes sense. That is the god of scripture, Yahuweh.

Amene Brother